IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #169

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. This appears to be just the form Hennessy filled out in order to represent AB.
Temporary/Limited Scope Appearance Filed
Limited Appearance
Form
For Party: Allen, Richard M.

2. Here is the memo submitted by by Hennessy

3. This might be AB's testimony stating what happened
10/19/2023
Affidavit Filed
Filed By: Allen, Richard M.
Ahhh ok, thank you very much for this info.

Smart to remember too that we're only seen half of a second of Libby's video. RA doesn't know how much was captured. He knows what happened, but doesn't know when the video stopped and started.

And neither do we.

At a minimum, there's the encounter. There's the command. There's perhaps the appearance of a weapon and a racking. Further capture of either girl, her voice, and struggle, case closed. They got their man.

The only person with a motive to deny seeing them is The Last Person To See Them.

JMO
Wasn't the appearance (one of the girl's recorded saying they saw it) and the possible racking of a gun ( a sound on the audio from LG's phone commented on) discussed in PCA or some other filed and released document?

The judge's transport order doesn't name any defense attorneys.
She must have some lined up, though, since she put in the order. MOO

10/26/2023Notice Issued
Transport order e-mailed to Sheriff
10/26/2023Notice Issued to Parties

Noticed: McLeland, Nicholas Charles
Noticed: Carroll County Sheriff's Department
She must have received Rozzi's written withdrawal then?

Well he said he was looking at stocks on his phone so hopefully this could be in some way either verified or disproved. Is his phone active and giving a location from say 12 till 4pm etc.

Or is it turned off for a period of time?

All unknowns at this point.

As well the memo states RA was interviewed for 1 1/2 hours on Oct 13/22, prior to his arrest. I just can’t believe in that entire length of time there was absolutely no Q/A with specific times being stated.

This is one example why I think the memo isn’t entirely truthful as it’s written in such a way to intentionally mislead. Indeed the interview with the CO wasn’t recorded but that alone does not prove or disprove the Prosecution’s timeline.

JMO

Wasn't the appearance (one of the girl's recorded saying they saw it) and the possible racking of a gun ( a sound on the audio from LG's phone commented on) discussed in PCA or some other filed and released document?
Yes, but that doesn't mean RA knows that part was filmed.

In fact, maybe that was early LE strategy. Get tips but also leave room for anonymous BG to come forward. To admit to being, say, on the front end of the bridge.

Any way, you look at it -- sure, midwest, lots of men look and dress like BG but only one confessed to being there.

I wonder if he ever saw the lady witness who turned back. Maybe no.

The juveniles never saw A and L, correct?

It would've have been then and surely now to RA's advantage at trial (crafted alibi) to get himself off the bridge and out of Dodge as early as possible. Right behind the juveniles. Only he didn't leave then. Lady witness saw him.

What are the odds of RA happening to hike the MHB that day at that time on that bridge but wasn't BG and never crossed the girls' path nor crossed the path of his doppelganger?

Forget odds, the chances of that -- if there's a number less than zero --

JMO

As well the memo states RA was interviewed for 1 1/2 hours on Oct 13/22, prior to his arrest. I just can’t believe in that entire length of time there was absolutely no Q/A with specific times being stated.

This is one example why I think the memo isn’t entirely truthful as it’s written in such a way to intentionally mislead. Indeed the interview with the CO wasn’t recorded but that alone does not prove or disprove the Prosecution’s timeline.

JMO
The memo explicitly states that during the recorded October 13, 2022 interview RA told LE that he was on the trails between 12 PM and approximately 1:30 PM. (p. 109)

The memo explicitly states that during the recorded October 13, 2022 interview RA told LE that he was on the trails between 12 PM and approximately 1:30 PM. (p. 109)

Hmm are you sure of that? Could you quote it please? Why wouldn’t the Oct 13/22 interview have been recorded? The meno has been deleted from my source but I recall only the time pertaining to the CO being disputed. The CO was only involved in the 2017 interview. Specifically it was suggested the CO asked RA if he was on the bridge between 1:30 and 3:30 when the abduction occurred. He answered yes but meant it was about 1:30 when he left.

More updates

10/26/2023Notice to Court Filed
Verified Notice of Continuing Representation
File Stamp: 10/25/2023
10/26/2023Motion Filed
Motion to Disqualify
10/26/2023Praecipe for Transcript Filed
Praecipe for Transcript
10/26/2023Motion for Continuance Filed
Motion for Continuance
File Stamp: 10/26/2023
10/31/2023Hearing
Session: 10/31/2023 9:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances -SJ

More updates

10/26/2023Notice to Court Filed
Verified Notice of Continuing Representation
10/26/2023Motion Filed
Motion to Disqualify
10/26/2023Praecipe for Transcript Filed
Praecipe for Transcript
10/26/2023Motion for Continuance Filed
Motion for Continuance
File Stamp: 10/26/2023
10/31/2023Hearing
Session: 10/31/2023 9:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances -SJ
Disqualify AND Continuance?? o_O

RA asked for the transcript in August

08/08/2023Praecipe for Transcript Filed
Praecipe for Transcript
File Stamp: 08/08/2023
08/08/2023Administrative Event
Praecipe for Transcript to Allen County D05 Court Reporter and Felony Judicial Assistant.

Hmm are you sure of that? Could you quote it please? Why wouldn’t the Oct 13/22 interview have been recorded? The meno has been deleted from my source but I recall only the time pertaining to the CO being disputed. The CO was only involved in the 2017 interview. Specifically it was suggested the CO asked RA if he was on the bridge between 1:30 and 3:30 when the abduction occurred. He answered yes but meant it was about 1:30 when he left.
Sure! According to the memo the 10/13/22 interview was recorded. There are footnotes citing to the times in the recording where RA made the 12 PM and 1:30 PM statements.

"Richard Allen voluntarily was interviewed on October 13, 2022. Watching the videotaped interview, it is apparent that Richard thought he was being asked questions to help assist the police in solving the crime. In trying to provide Liggett and Mullin a timeline of when he (Richard Allen) was at the trail, Richard stated he arrived at the trail around noon. Later in the interview, Richard Allen told Liggett and Mullin that he probably left the trail around 1:30 pm."

Sure! According to the memo the 10/13/22 interview was recorded. There are footnotes citing to the times in the recording where RA made the 12 PM and 1:30 PM statements.

"Richard Allen voluntarily was interviewed on October 13, 2022. Watching the videotaped interview, it is apparent that Richard thought he was being asked questions to help assist the police in solving the crime. In trying to provide Liggett and Mullin a timeline of when he (Richard Allen) was at the trail, Richard stated he arrived at the trail around noon. Later in the interview, Richard Allen told Liggett and Mullin that he probably left the trail around 1:30 pm."

Thank you, you’re right and I stand to be corrected about that, my apologies.

It looks like it will boil down to independent proof of the timeline.

This motion could be regarding the tentative Jan/24 trial date, just a guess. If not the Oct 31st hearing is the only other established date by the court.

Motion For Continuance
In American procedural law, a continuance is the postponement of a hearing, trial, or other scheduled courtproceeding at the request of either or both parties in the dispute, or by the judge sua sponte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiosities