Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #87

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be BG. But one of the reasons I’m sceptical is both Libby and Abby are described by everyone who knew them as level headed and smart. This guy seems to me to be dumber than a sack of hammers, quite an odd ball and therefore I have great doubts he’d be successful in fooling either of the girls into believing he was an innocent boy from out of town looking for a casual meet up.

Snipped by me. I've been wondering if the perp., whomever it turns out to be, maybe played on their sympathies and the willingness most young teens have to help people who are injured or distressed without asking questions in a rural area like theirs. If you grew up without violence in your neighborhood as a child, you don't expect to encounter it in familiar places at ages 13 and 14..
Edited to say: I am NOT victim blaming here at all! People help people, it's human nature to and discernment with caution comes with age and experience.

He could have said he needed help finding his dog, and lured them in closer to him so he could control them with a gun that way, or, if he was quick-witted enough, faked an injury with a limp and asked for a hand to get to his truck, or friend, or whatever would fit the scene best. Likely they would have followed or helped up to the point where the danger was clear, and by then it was too late.

I've followed the girls' cases since it was breaking news and the suspect seemed to disappear, and one of the things I've questioned as info emerged is why Libby turned on her phone. I have wondered if it was to record them helping a stranger and to show they had a valid reason for being late returning home. I also think there's merit in the supposition that it could have been made because she became afraid.

Last edited:
  • Charles Andrew Eldridge, 46, of Union City, Indiana was arrested on January 8 after having a sexual conversation with a detective posing as a 13-year-old girl
  • The grandparents of Eldridge's ex-wife, Erin, tell DailyMail.com he had an obsession with gun, and would always spend time alone in the woods
  • Donna Clack said: 'He would always go out and he wasn't hunting. He would go in the woods and what he'd do, we don't know. I never let the kids go with him'
  • Since his arrest, Eldridge's mugshot has drawn comparisons with the sketch of the suspect in the 2017 murders of Libby German and Abigail Williams in Delphi
  • Randolph County Sheriff's Department said the suggestions can hurt or hinder an investigation
  • Eldridge has been charged with one felony count of attempted child molestation and one count of child solicitation and is being held at the Randolph County Jail
This is from several newspapers and other reporting sources. So why was my overlay deleted?

Has there been a plea made in this case and what was it and if not, why not?

H posting in my sleep, from another thread, click on arrow for source...can we please go back and take a look at the holster MOO. That’s a gun under BGs jacket and I’ve been hammered for it I still stand by it.

From savannah’s thread, note to find post with holster:

Honestly, I am not liking this situation at all. We have basic information that we commonly learn early in missing cases not out there, we have a press conference two weeks out handled by the local police despite having both the TBI and FBI involved and the press conference wasn't handled all that well, I don't like that Savannah started another Facebook just under 12 hours after her last post on her previous one, nit was raining when she disappeared, no way she walked out of there, and it is as if there is some kind of elephant in the room.
Marking

(Jethro, I remember the first time I met you. I was getting haaaammered in the threads for saying that was a firearm under BG’s jacket. A one time anonymous poster, I suspect LE moo, finally sent me a pic of a body holster and you posted it for me or something like that...oh yeah it was a flipped image...hey meet in the girls thread to get back to this holster business, would ya?)

Last night Savannah ran through my mind a lot as I was trying to sleep like now, that’s two nights in a row...bumping this to my main case at the moment.

Trafficking victims are often not similar to Savannah but I must say the thought did cross my mind at the exact moment the OP said it which is why I already had my haircut and dye post ready. Unlikely? Rare? Or is it.

This all comes down to has LE ruled out these other “suspects”, yes quote unquote. Did these other “suspects” “pan out”??

—-

Multiple agencies are involved here.

If it turns out she is endangered it’s going to be a shitshow (you think the “Taurus” in Jayme’s case was bad...)

Everything is jmo

(Sorry asleep)

I am sorry I’m trying to snip jethro’s quote out re savannah for o/t, just changed to rich text editor seems it quotes quotes of quotes)

Last edited:
If it weren't for other people seeing it, I would never have even considered CE having an image of The Punisher on his shirt. I can't find any shirt with an image of The Punisher that looks like what's on CE's shirt. If what we see is some kind of skull on BG's shirt, it is smaller than any kind of Punisher logo I can find.

Charles Eldridge is a fan of clothing from a company called Rothco that bills itself as the "World's Foremost Supplier of Military, Tactical, Outdoor Clothing and Gear." In the image in which CE is dressed for Halloween, all of the clothing, etc. is from Rothco. He has another Facebook post where he touts Rothco's 2018 catalog.
The Punisher is a character that is popular among a lot of right-wing folks, particularly those who like the military/guns/police life. It really wouldn't surprise me if he was wearing that character's logo.

H posting in my sleep, from another thread, click on arrow for source...can we please go back and take a look at the holster MOO. That’s a gun under BGs jacket and I’ve been hammered for it I still stand by it.

(Sorry asleep)

I am sorry I’m trying to snip jethro’s quote out re savannah for o/t, just changed to rich text editor seems it quotes quotes of quotes)

I'm glad you brought up the pocket again because I keep looking at that thing strapped to ce chest in the camo photo. What is that?? It sure looks like a similar size and shape! And could make more sense than sticking a gun in your pocket.

Hi margarita25 is this what you were looking for? Your post make me check my notes and this is what I had.

Jethro4WS Feb 27,2017
Jethro4WS; said:
Yes. If there is a holstered gun in that photo it would be something like this.

For those who want to read original post here is the link from Feb 2017:
Found Deceased - IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #15

Attachments

• 5A719918-5C4C-4324-8FDB-DE6BE74BD750.png
    5A719918-5C4C-4324-8FDB-DE6BE74BD750.png
    472.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
As to the arrest record for Charles Eldridge, he is currently in the Randolph County jail. See date arrested and charges attached. The next quote is from Accused child molester investigated in 2017 murders of Indiana teens:

Eldridge "is currently being held without bond before his first court appearance." No date is given for when that is scheduled.

Could someone please let me know if I am violating any Terms of Service? I'm a newly active member and I don't want to post anything inappropriate. I saw Tricia's note and wasn't sure if we could discuss Charles Eldridge. He's been noted as someone being looked at in Abby and Libby's case in countless media sources. Is it okay to discuss him?

Attachments

• CE Charges.JPG
    CE Charges.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 59
  • CE Arrest City.JPG
    CE Arrest City.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 59
  • CE Inmate No..JPG
    CE Inmate No..JPG
    66 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Welcome Choochoobella I enjoy your posts.

To answer your question:I use a link to the Major Media Source allowing WS members an opportunity ‘to read all they details’ i.e. the full name of subject/person being discussed at the linked website.

I only use initials if the ‘individual(s)“ have not been named as a person of interest by LE.

Attachments are OK if they are from a Major Media Source. In my post I include a link to the Major Media Source website to document the credibility of my source.

I usually end my post with a “Just My Opinion” To clarify that my posts contain information and opinions that are my own. I just want to clarify that my post and opinions do not reflect the opinion of Webseluths Management.

Please everyone weigh in on Chochoobella’s question. I hope this post makes sense.:) Please correct me if I have misstated anything.

Just My Opinion

I so appreciate this information. Thank you!! Now, here's one other question. I'd like to go back and edit some of my posts. Some of them don't have an edit button on them. Should I be able to edit indefinitely and, if so, how do I do it?

I so appreciate this information. Thank you!! Now, here's one other question. I'd like to go back and edit some of my posts. Some of them don't have an edit button on them. Should I be able to edit indefinitely and, if so, how do I do it?

Edit is time sensitive. I believe it is one hour. moo

ETA: Just fyi, I was able to edit at 53 minutes.

Last edited:

Thanks Choocoobella we all have to learn. Speaking from experience it’s usually the hard way. Ouch :eek:.

This is a new editor for all of us. I have struggled to figure out how to use the formatting tool box. I am slowly making progress with the dialog box using the new editor.

To my knowledge after the 60 minute window the editor does not permit modifications to the original post.

Perhaps there are WS posters who can answer those questions. I would be really interested in learning more myself.

Just My Opinion

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members