IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 13, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so. They nabbed the guy through detective work and he agreed to give DNA.

There was no familial DNA used because it's not allowed in New York. They might have asked other people to submit DNA, but they didn't get a court order for the actual perp. They asked for him to submit his DNA when they questioned him, and he complied.

"On Thursday, her parents – Phil and Cathy Vetrano — and several elected officials gathered in Howard Beach to push the state to allow familial DNA testing. Investigators could see if a suspect’s relative is in the DNA system, potentially leading them to the killer."
https://www.google.com/amp/newyork....02/karina-vetrano-familial-dna-testing-2/amp/

I personally dont think they were contacted beforehand to meet someone. But if they were, maybe they were offered a boat ride. That would make traversing the terrain to the crime scene much easier. And the footprints that were found, would be much easier to find on a sandy bank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

The idea of being lured by a boat ride is deja vu, from the Iowa case. There was a lot of speculation because of a paddleboat that was parked nearby, and a witness talking about seeing it on the lake around the same time.

"On Thursday, her parents – Phil and Cathy Vetrano — and several elected officials gathered in Howard Beach to push the state to allow familial DNA testing. Investigators could see if a suspect’s relative is in the DNA system, potentially leading them to the killer."
https://www.google.com/amp/newyork....02/karina-vetrano-familial-dna-testing-2/amp/

But that's not how the perp was caught. The father has been pushing for familial DNA testing to be allowed in New York, and as far as I know he will continue pushing for it, but the perp was caught because he gave his DNA. He wasn't caught through familial DNA.

Okay, I've posted enough. People can do their own research and read Karina's thread here on WS.

Hmmm............. new highway connecting Lafayette to Toledo OH. The article is dated August 2015.

http://www.insideindianabusiness.com/story/29814955/hoosier-heartland-finish-line-in-sight

Another new highway connecting Lafayette to Fort Wayne. . The old route from Lafayette to Fort Wayne was taking the 418 past the long closed Grissom AFB.
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...o-fort-wayne-highway-nearly-complete/2753463/

I am still trying to figure out why an Iowa newspaper ran an article about a new Indiana highway. Could the perp (s) have used one of these highways as an escape route? Could he/they have helped build one or both of the roads?

If you look at the Des Moines article, the writer is @jconline (Lafayette Journal and Courier). It's owned by the same company and just some syndicated fluff for them I'm sure.

The Hoosier Heartland Highway (25) was finished in 2013.

I don't think it was a gun just because I think this was sexually motivated and I think part of the thrill for many of these killers is to strangle.

That is not based on any evidence or reports, just a hunch.

jmopinion at the moment

I don't think he used the gun to kill them, but he could have used it to control them.

But that's not how the perp was caught. The father has been pushing for familial DNA testing to be allowed in New York, and as far as I know he will continue pushing for it, but the perp was caught because he gave his DNA. He wasn't caught through familial DNA.

Okay, I've posted enough. People can do their own research and read Karina's thread here on WS.

I know, I posted that to back you up. [emoji4]

I know, I posted that to back you up. [emoji4]

Thanks.

I followed Karina's case so closely for so long, I started to get a little protective of the facts! It's a WS hazard, I suppose. :)

Ha! I did catch up! This is what I found on familial DNA:

"Familial DNA searches. Requires the state police department to make a report to the criminal law and sentencing policy study committee, or another study committee as determined by the legislative council, concerning familial DNA searches in criminal investigations"

https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2014/bills/house/1378

Now, I have no idea what that means as my frontal lobe went into hibernation after the first few words.

I was born and raised in Texas................my family has burial plots in Lubbock, Graham, Breckenridge , Wichita Falls, Big Spring, and Abilene. Not a single one of them has cameras. Are we to the point in this country where we need surveillance cameras at the local cemetery ?!!??

Tell me it ain't so..............................................

None in Waco? Pfft..

First time poster, long time follower.. this one hits close to home. I find this interesting- a different missing girl. Similarities.. 1.) she is 14 2.) she was last seen at a local park, on Feb 4, 2017 3.) she is from Kokomo IN. Kokomo is 34 miles from Delphi.
The missing report has been very low key as her parents reported her as a run away, only now is it getting a bit more attention. What do you think?

https://www.pl8pic.com/Breanne_Voiles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! I did catch up! This is what I found on familial DNA:

"Familial DNA searches. Requires the state police department to make a report to the criminal law and sentencing policy study committee, or another study committee as determined by the legislative council, concerning familial DNA searches in criminal investigations"

https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2014/bills/house/1378

Now, I have no idea what that means as my frontal lobe went into hibernation after the first few words.

Nothing came of it from what I could glean. Indiana is not one of the 9 states using familial DNA. :(

ETA - Looks like 10 states per the FBI site.
Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Michigan, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming

https://www.fbi.gov/services/laboratory/biometric-analysis/codis/codis-and-ndis-fact-sheet

Today, it was planned months ago to meet today in real life. .

... I was to meet with Foxfire in RL as I am at a wedding that has taken over the entire Red Top Mountain.

( those who know Glenn.

I am over marina and point ..)

Foxfire passed..

I am so emotional...

Abigail and Liberty.. I am praying to Foxfire ..

For those who know Foxfire.. he is overlooking .. He is overlooking..
I'm so sorry. I imagine you were very much looking forward to meeting him. I respected him very much here on WS. His posts were immensely informative and always no nonsense. The missing have lost a formidable ally. RIP Foxfire.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

One interesting thing that I learned from watching 48 hours-----

Sometimes the detectives do a bit of a trick by asking everyone they interview, 'do ya' ll mind giving us a quick swab of DNA in order to rule you out?'

They know they cannot afford the time or resources to send all of that DNA in to be processed. But if someone balks at giving them a DNA sample, it just keeps them up high on the suspect list.

First time poster, long time follower.. this one hits close to home. I find this interesting- a different missing girl. Similarities.. 1.) she is 14 2.) she was last seen at a local park, on Feb 4, 2017 3.) she is from Kokomo IN. Kokomo is 34 miles from Delphi.
The missing report has been very low key as her parents reported her as a run away, only now is it getting a bit more attention. What do you think?

https://www.pl8pic.com/Breanne_Voiles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I've been saying. Have there even been any decent search parties for her? I hadn't realized that she had been last seen at Highland Park...

Random dna- in sweet little jenise's case, Gabe gaeta was caught because they were basically asking every male door to door for dna. He didn't want to give it but finally did. Also in the baton Rouge serial killer case, they were asking all males to volunteer their dna and it would be disposed/ not on record after. The lines were long to get people on the "not it" list. Of course, Derrick Todd Lee didn't offer up any saliva test. They had to go after him to get it. May he rest in unpeacful pits of fiery hell. So they can do a large random request. But it's basically more helpful to see who DIDN'T want to do it.

Why is everyone saying one person couldn't control 2 girls. You are walking down the street with your friend right now. Someone pulls a gun and says make a sound and die. Did you just run off and leave your friend? Probably not. Even as an adult. People hold up an entire bank with one or 2 gunmen. I have never heard of needing a 1 to 1 ratio to control victims.

I am glad there are footprints. So many cases are solidified with shoes. Possible evidence taken in warrant. Other than possibly dna and maybe photo, they Prob know the dudes shoe size and brand. Beautiful.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Oh... and Bob---- I hate to tell you this, but you probably have just been sucked into the addictive world of sleuthing. Your maps are amazing. I love this new perspective. Be prepared to waste all your free time and some of your not - so - free time here :)

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member