IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Words of the wise. I assumed LE to be searching for a primary crime scene. Either way, LE is searching for something. Hopefully, they know what they are looking for.

Trying to consider walking the trails in Delphi, at 13 years of age, while carrying a large handbag. What could a purse have in it that would be needed on a hike? Lipstick and feminine products, for that time of the month, are items that come to mind.
IMO it could be the duffle bag or backpack le spoke about early on as well. Killers sometimes take trophies. was a drone being used to monitor the crime scene? Le thought BG may revisit the scene? Jmo

Going back to the date of discovery of the bodies -

Does anyone know:

1. The description of the footprints that were followed that led to the girls. What size? How many? (An earlier MSM report said footprints were followed but I don't have a link at this time.)

2. Who found the bodies? Was it a group of searchers or a lone searcher?

I also have an older iPad. To read on WS I have to go to Settings, to Safari, down to Advanced and then turn off Java Script. However to look at some pictures, FB, etc then I go back in and put Java Script back on. It does stop the constant reloading. Perhaps it will help.

Yep, it's frustrating. Have you tried tapatalk?

The downside to that is then people on computers paste a link with verbiage, the words don't show. Folks now are being fabulous and know about that, and are pasting the verbiage below the tweets now.

That said, I didn't know about the photo of the silo/feedbarn etc in the tweet with photo posted until the person (can't recall who it was) that actually posted/captured the photo that went with the tweet and uploaded it!

:tyou: and sorry can't recall who that was!

Any time a parole officer finds you have violated your parole and the conditions of your parole, you are held without bond until the court date. A parole violation almost always means you will serve the rest of the sentence you had initially been given.

If this person had (4) DWI arrests, then it could be as simple as him being caught in public having been drinking alcohol or been drunk.

Any parole violation in any state is without bond until court date.

MOO
Not around where I live. If the police find someone in violation of probation, driving when they should not be, with a few drinks consumed, they will just tell them to park the car- call a friend to come get you - call Uber...

Eta: guess I am not a good friend. I got a call at 3 am and refused to go get said "friend". He was breaking the law IMO.
I follow the rules - don't wake me up because you refuse to!

JMO- the PO is KEY to the case.

second thought in reading Oba Chandler's story: it is effortless for a criminal to lie and deny while it takes everything for LE to prove the caught the right guy. So give LE some time and trust. Oba kept lying until the day of his execution, he wrote: you kill an innocent guy. But 3 ys after his death LE yet tracked his DNA to another murder case. That is how hard LE has to work to convict a killer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I found most very interesting on that case is they would perhaps not have gotten the conviction without tying it to the rape that was him a few weeks before the murder due to so much circumstantial... until they showed the pattern

http://reprints.longform.org/angels-demons which was OP by Wondergirl

Slightly O/T, but a newbie asking for assistance: Could someone please tell me how to Private Message the Moderators? I read everywhere that we should do so, and can find the place to PM, but don't know who to address it to. Do I need to know their user names, or can I just enter "Moderator"? (I tried that and it didn't seem to work.) TIA for any assistance you can give me.

And apparently I am an unintentional and very confused RuleBreaker, and want to apologize to all of you. I will go back to Lurk mode, or just go outside for some fresh air. I am deeply sorry. :iamashamed:

Hi, I'm here to help and can answer your question. Go to 'Located Persons Discussion' found at the top of this thread...
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?437-Located-Persons-Discussion

Then scroll to the bottom under "Post New Thread" on the left

Under "Forum Information" Is a heading "Moderators of this Forum"
From that list click on a Mod and in their profile in the left margin click "Send Private Message"

HTH.

PS: No need to go away. Review the rules and if ever unsure just ask a Mod.
I don't Moderate but I do try to guide/ help navigate.

:cheers:

Going back to the date of discovery of the bodies -

Does anyone know:

1. The description of the footprints that were followed that led to the girls. What size? How many? (An earlier MSM report said footprints were followed but I don't have a link at this time.)

2. Who found the bodies? Was it a group of searchers or a lone searcher?

Riley said the girls’ bodies were found in a wooded area about 50 feet from the banks of Deer Creek in an area less than a mile upstream from the railroad bridge that’s known locally as the Monon High Bridge.

He thanked volunteers who helped search the base of the bridge and surrounding trails for the girls, whose bodies were found by one of those volunteers.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/liberty-german-abigail-williams-dead-delphi-indiana-bodies-identified/

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-bodies-found-as-missing-carroll-county-teens
Sources tell Call 6 Investigates that a set of footprints are what led volunteers to the area the bodies were found.

Maybe I'm just an old softy, but my heart goes out to the land owner.

I agree that having murdered children found on your property, followed by unsubstantiated rumors about you, is horrible. However, I keep thinking about someone who gets intoxicated and decides to drive (potentially killing innocent people while doing so) --- enough times to be labeled as a "habitual substance abuser" by the criminal justice system...with at least three driving while intoxicated charges, ...and my "feeling sorry" gets diminished.

Definition of cold case

• : an unsolved criminal investigation (as of a homicide or abduction) that has stopped being actively pursued because of a lack of evidence

This case is far from cold. MOO

I agree that having murdered children found on your property, followed by unsubstantiated rumors about you, is horrible. However, I keep thinking about someone who gets intoxicated and decides to drive (potentially killing innocent people while doing so) --- enough times to be labeled as a "habitual substance abuser" by the criminal justice system...with at least three driving while intoxicated charges, ...and my "feeling sorry" gets diminished.

mine too, I have zero tolerance for drunk driving, especially repeat offenders.

I started reading last night and finished this morning, so a couple hours+ in my case :p . It was an excellent read though, quite gripping. Also enlightening as to how various players and even the smallest of pieces come together to solve the puzzle, including missteps than can happen. Thanks to Wondergirl for sharing it yesterday.

Yes, Wondergirl. Thank you very much for sending this our way. It is a fascinating read. Became engrossed at once!

Free Road -- Welcome!! We are very glad to have you here with us. Aren't these Websleuths amazing! I learn something new here about every 5 minutes. (Unfortunately, I forget stuff -- the joys of getting old!)

Kudos if you feel so strongly.

I do know that LE has said NOT to call in twice, but the case that Wondergirl posted above that happened in Tampa Bay area was ONLY due to the fact that the callers faxes and calls were never seen under the pile until they sent a VERY strongly worded message to the investigators that they AGAIN thought the had a clue. They called and faxed multiple times until the lead was seen by investigators. :pullhair:

And indeed it was! If it were not for those two women who again and again sent in the SAME info, even after LE had a wonderful database to follow up.... it was missed.

Angels and demons article posted by Wondergirl...

ETA: Lemme find for others... warning.. it is for :websleuther: that will spend over an hour reading the entire thing... it's a fabulous read :moo: <<--- That cow is an emoticon.. saying "My own opinion" for those folks that are new.

http://reprints.longform.org/angels-demons

Definition of cold case

• : an unsolved criminal investigation (as of a homicide or abduction) that has stopped being actively pursued because of a lack of evidence

This case is far from cold. MOO

Good point I take it back. It just seems like it's heading that way doesn't it? Praying for a break soon

Gotta question? PM an admin or a mod.

Bessie
WS ADMINISTRATOR

Just a :bump: since people do get confused about how to do that.

There are several ways to contact a Mod/ Admin.

My top 3 ways;
1. Use the red triangle to the lower left
2. E-mail websleuthscomments@gmail.com
3 look at the forum title at the top of any page (Located persons Discussion). Near the bottom of that page is a list of moderators. PM anyone of them.

HTH

I also have an older iPad. To read on WS I have to go to Settings, to Safari, down to Advanced and then turn off Java Script. However to look at some pictures, FB, etc then I go back in and put Java Script back on. It does stop the constant reloading. Perhaps it will help.

Blue - one million thank you's for this tip. I have a brand new iPad and was going to take it back to the Apple Store to complain about the constant reloading....it was driving me absolutely crazy! Anyway, I tried your idea and no more reloading. Woohoo!

Not around where I live. If the police find someone in violation of probation, driving when they should not be, with a few drinks consumed, they will just tell them to park the car- call a friend to come get you - call Uber...

Eta: guess I am not a good friend. I got a call at 3 am and refused to go get said "friend". He was breaking the law IMO.
I follow the rules - don't wake me up because you refuse to!

JMO- the PO is KEY to the case.
Who are you referring to as the key? Who is PO?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Okay, to clarify, LE said last week that they have found no connection at this time. They aren't ruling out the possibility, but the Indiana LE said they are trying to solve Abby and Libby's case and, while they would love to help solve Iowa's case at the same time, they haven't found a connection between the two cases at this time. They are calling similarities between the two cases "coincidences" at the moment.

Sorry for the levity...BBM.. but :heart: Joe Kenda

JoeKenda.jpg

I know we all have different aspects to consider when deciding to extend empathy towards another.

I have a great disdain for drunk drivers.

However, I try to still have empathy for people when bad things happen to them without their being at fault.

If someone violates probation, that is on them. If that person is rumored to have participated in an unrelated and different class of crime, without supporting facts, I tend to have empathy for them.

The above is only my opinion.

I skipped a few pages but RL's probation ended on 10/18/16. Per the court docket posted up thread a few pages back, he has a criminal history which out weighed the mitigating factors and although the court dismissed 5 charges, RL plead guilty to a Class D felony, (driving under the influence) received a 2 year sentence, which was suspended and was placed on 2 years probation. He was driving with a suspended license, failed to yield the right of way with a BAC over the legal limit.

He was 75 then, so he is 78 now.

Criminal history. Really. I don't think having a criminal history is normal.

He was represented by counsel and all his fines were paid. I don't see where there was any adjudication that all of the terms of probation were fulfilled and the probation/sentence satisfied but he was supposed to go to counseling for alcohol abuse and not drink alcohol, among other things.

So, why was he arrested in 3/17 for a probation violation when the probation period ended in 10/16? I am scratching my head. Did he not complete the terms of his probation and it just took 5 months to get around to an arrest?

The midnight arrest after a day time search.

And remember, the photo which was posted by a journalist to spread the news that LE was back near the crime scene searching depicted the grain bin and some farm buildings. No one said that LE was searching that property. Members here found that grain bin on google maps and that it was next to RL's property. While we assumed that the grain bin could be part of his property, we now know it isn't but LE wasn't searching that property anyway. They were searching RL's property and then arrested him at midnight - for violation of probation that ended 5 months ago.

It hurts my heart that a 78 year old man might have to spend 2 years in jail.

Perhaps this is the reason it isn't in MSM? Due to the fact that some folks who are submitting (or might have) have association with a potential charge themselves?

Perhaps this is the reason it's not hitting MSM at all, as this fact of getting involved with LE puts the reporter or person involved at risk?

I know I have heard that time and time and time again... "I don't want to get involved"... and perhaps this is the reason some might be hesitant to report.

:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member