IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Investigators still receive about 100 tips per day, but many of them repeat information that already has been checked out, Riley said. The reward for information leading to a conviction in the case has grown to more than $232,000.

Investigators have interviewed more than 300 people. They have not disclosed how the girls were killed or whether DNA was collected from the scene.

http://www.journalgazette.net/news/local/indiana/Fewer-police-working-teens--deaths-18427350

(bbm)

I donèt think most people thought the clothes he is wearing in the tv interview are the same ones BG had on

just that they were similar in style ...

I own more than one type of jacket and jeans. Who would assume it's the exact same clothes if it turns out to be BG=RL?

I noticed in photos where RL is wearing a hoodie pulled over his head with an outer jacket, his ball cap or whatever that camo hat is is underneath the hoodie hood. I can't tell on the poor quality photo of BG if he's wearing a hat under the hood or not.

State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said 15 to 25 active investigators remain on the case, down from well over 100 federal, state, county and local officers at one point. He stressed that the investigation hasn't gone cold, only that the number of remaining tips and leads has become more manageable.

More than 20 law enforcement agencies from around Indiana have loaned investigators to the case, Riley said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ct-indiana-teens-killings-20170324-story.html

Is that RL's dog in this photo?

Can anyone tell me where this photo came from please And was RL in the vicinity when it was taken?

If so that little scruffy dog gets around.
Could a little dog got caught over the river, say, chasing a rabbit and couldn't get back and someone went across the bridge to bring him home and the girls got involved in the retrieval, helped take doggie across the river towards home and then were attacked.
Found it. It comes from a newsperson Mike Pelton RTV6.

[video=twitter;832288310198407173]https://twitter.com/MikePeltonRTV6/status/832288310198407173[/video]

I felt the hat was the same, I see same on both...

I own more than one type of jacket and jeans. Who would assume it's the exact same clothes if it turns out to be BG=RL?

I noticed in photos where RL is wearing a hoodie pulled over his head with an outer jacket, his ball cap or whatever that camo hat is is underneath the hoodie hood. I can't tell on the poor quality photo of BG if he's wearing a hat under the hood or not.

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...ERTFNRFl3TnpFM01qTXdPakUxTWprd05EVXhNMk09In19

JMO: RL's atty. requested a continuance and it was granted:
His next hearing is April 3rd. As a convicted felon (probation) + a violation = no bond, unless a Judge approves that. So far... nope. He'll probably go to prison with this violation since his probation officer requested his revocation of probation.

[TD="class: td1"]03/16/2017[/TD]
[TD="class: td2"]AMENDED Petition for Revocation of Probation filed by Melissa Chapman, Adult Probation Officer

File Stamp 03/16/2017

[/TD]

Can anyone explain why rl is still in custody, from what I see and read. He has nothing to at all with the girls, it's because he violated probation. Can someone clear that up for me please?? Also, does anyone know when he will be released?

Ugh. Okay. I don't have a Twitter account but my wife does. So, through experimentation what is seen on the post Dedee made on my wife's computer is 12:38pm. When she opens that tweet (goes to twitter) the time is still 12:38.

When I do the same thing on my computer I get 12:38pm on the linked tweet and 9:38am on Twitter when I open the tweet. So, it appears to me that unless you are signed into twitter you get the local time for where Twitter is located which is Pacific Time for those tweets. Unless someone else gets a different time than 9:38am when not signed into Twitter after opening the Tweet.

Does it make a difference if you're viewing the tweets via a client vs. browser? You could also experiment and change your own time settings on your machine or device to Eastern Time and then change it back after you view that tweet.

Twitter will show YOUR time zone. You have to adjust for where the tweet originated. IMO

Ugh. Okay. I don't have a Twitter account but my wife does. So, through experimentation what is seen on the post Dedee made on my wife's computer is 12:38pm. When she opens that tweet (goes to twitter) the time is still 12:38.

When I do the same thing on my computer I get 12:38pm on the linked tweet and 9:38am on Twitter when I open the tweet. So, it appears to me that unless you are signed into twitter you get the local time for where Twitter is located which is Pacific Time for those tweets. Unless someone else gets a different time than 9:38am when not signed into Twitter after opening the Tweet.

RL 's lttle dog is totes adorbs.

And I favor big dogs, like Shepards.

Still, my heart hurts for this lil fella who probably misses his person. :(

I was wondering if the man on the bridge in the photo is smoking a cigarette?

Noob here. Just judging from his body language he's moving in for the kill. I don't think he'd have a cigarette in his hand unless he was trying to keep the girls off guard until the last possible moment. He would need his hands free to use his weapon (handgun). Knowing what I know now, even if he had had a gun and there was time to make a plan. Bum rush the guy and knock him right off the bridge. Yeah, I'll take a bullet or two or more but I'm going out on my terms. Not his. The last thing he'd want in that situation is to let off a round. The gunshot would alert anyone/everyone in the area that something's amiss.

I suppose this advice is for anyone who ever finds themselves trapped on that bridge in the future (assuming this guy tries it again or there are copycats). That bridge is very high. The last thing he would expect would be for two, frightened teenage girls to fight back. When he closes the distance and produces his weapon, pretend to comply. Then knock him off the bridge and it's bye bye birdy.

[video=twitter;832288310198407173]https://twitter.com/MikePeltonRTV6/status/832288310198407173[/video]
The crime scene is really fairly open, isn't it? IMO it's hard to imagine someone carrying out a murder there during the day.

I've seen him in a photo from media that he's wearing a camo hat with straps that seem to meet and button or snap on top. There is a larger black dog, but it may belong to a neighbor. I have the photo and don't recall the source if anyone wants a URL to view I can u/l somewhere.

I've never seen RL with any other dog than his little yellow terrier, EVER.

I've seen him in a photo from media that he's wearing a camo hat with straps that seem to meet and button or snap on top. There is a larger black dog, but it may belong to a neighbor. I have the photo and don't recall the source if anyone wants a URL to view I can u/l somewhere.

Does it make a difference if you're viewing the tweets via a client vs. browser? You could also experiment and change your own time settings on your machine or device to Eastern Time and then change it back after you view that tweet.
Yes. I changed my machine to Mountain Time and the tweet time when viewed back on Dedee's post on page 3 came up it was 10:38 (which is what I expected.) When I right-clicked the tweet and opened in a new tab (e.g. went to Twitter) the time on the tweet was 9:38am because I am not signed into Twitter.

So it seems that the tweet time we see via a link is in our own time zone but we have to adjust it to Eastern time (or not if you are already Eastern time) to know the time the tweet was posted. The tweet time if you go to twitter will be your local timezone if you are signed in or Pacific Time if you are not.

Twitter will show YOUR time zone. You have to adjust for where the tweet originated. IMO
Except, if you actually right click a tweet posted here and open it in a new tab (actually go to the twitter site) and you are not signed into twitter it will have Twitter itself's local timezone which is Pacific Time.

It is why when I see the tweet I see 12:38pm Eastern Time which is my time zone and also the time zone of Delphi. But when I open the tweet on twitter I see 9:38am because I am not signed into Twitter. If I had a twitter account and was signed into Twitter it would show the time in my time zone I expect.

Noob guess here: the killer had this thing planned for a long time. Either while he was hunting in the area or hiking/camping. He fantasized about who he would kill, how he would kill and where he would do it.

The place has to be deserted obviously and far, far, far away to be nearly inaccessible or difficult to reach by most people. This guy obviously is not your average person. It has to be deserted so he can carry out his crime in peace without being disturbed. He can take his time. And, if the victim(s) happen to survive the attack, they have little chance of getting out on their own due to the remoteness of the crime scene. They'll die due to blood loss, their injuries, shock, exposure to the elements.

Is that RL's dog in this photo?

Can anyone tell me where this photo came from please And was RL in the vicinity when it was taken?

If so that little scruffy dog gets around.
Could a little dog got caught over the river, say, chasing a rabbit and couldn't get back and someone went across the bridge to bring him home and the girls got involved in the retrieval, helped take doggie across the river towards home and then were attacked.

IMHO, the dog seems to be the same as RL's dog. Here's the link to the first(?) interview R.L. gave to reporters regarding the place where the girls were found: http://cbs4indy.com/2017/02/16/property-owner-talks-about-discovery-of-missing-delphi-teens-bodies/

You'll see the dog coming down the hill in front of R.L. at 1:30 in the above interview.

The crime scene is really fairly open, isn't it? IMO it's hard to imagine someone carrying out a murder there during the day.
Yes. In my opinion it is hard to imagine that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member