IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost no DNA in urine, if that's what you're referring to.
Jumping off that statement and trying to be as PC as I can. How long does DNA remain on a tree stump if one were to ... go to the bathroom ... on said stump?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Do you think we should have seen RL's truck returned if there was no evidence?

Not necessarily yet, it may take several weeks to get back the forensics they are looking for.

Jumping off that statement and trying to be as PC as I can. How long does DNA remain on a tree stump if one were to ... go to the bathroom ... on said stump?

why would you want to know this?

RL isn't close to his house since it's a distance from it to the creek edge. He relieves himself against a tree weeks or months or days before the murders. I think the OP is asking how long it takes for DNA like that to degrade in the elements.

I think that schools should start teaching children what to do under dangerous circumstances... Maybe once a year police should visit with a preventive program of some kind. We live in a society where children are being targeted more often for crime.

If this saves just one life it would be worth the time and expense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree
Way behind here but my kids' school does this. They had stuff brought home every day for a week about different scenarios. School district in northern Illinois.

IMO, If RL is somehow involved in this crime, then his DNA would potentially be all over his property which would make the case very difficult to prosecute. So, novelist is wondering if RL's DNA could remain present long enough for it to remain if he tried to explain it away in a different fashion... ( was outside and took a leak, scraped my arm on a tree..etc.) All the defense needs is reasonable doubt...

Apologies if this was discussed before I entered this thread.

What is the structure under the bridge like? In looking at the latest video where we walk the path Libby and Abby likely took and looking up at the underside of the bridge, it looks like there is a covered-looking supportive structure underneath. I'm looking on a small device, so I may be wrong. If it's covered, though, is it accessible by the trail or by climbing up the pylons (or whatever they're called)? Could be BG have taken the girls up there, or could he have hidden up there after he did his crime? Could someone else who may have been an accomplice have hidden there? Again apologies if this was discussed already.

RL isn't close to his house since it's a distance from it to the creek edge. He relieves himself against a tree weeks or months or days before the murders. I think the OP is asking how long it takes for DNA like that to degrade in the elements.
Exactly. I've already been implicated once this week. I don't want another. It was a curious question.

DNA would be from shedding of epithelial cells through urine or excrement. But usually there are very few cells imo and probably would be hard to get a full profile in my opinion. But not sure how long it would remain out in the elements. MOO

I could be wrong here, and maybe somebody knows this but I believe urine is sterile....no DNA. However, they are sure to have it from search of house. mo

DNA would be from shedding of epithelial cells through urine or excrement. But usually there are very few cells imo and probably would be hard to get a full profile in my opinion

JMO but I'm thinking more along the lines of a defense attorney arguing why it's there, not trying to find it from that source..

IMO, If RL is somehow involved in this crime, then his DNA would potentially be all over his property which would make the case very difficult to prosecute. So, novelist is wondering if RL's DNA could remain present long enough for it to remain if he tried to explain it away in a different fashion... ( was outside and took a leak, scraped my arm on a tree..etc.) All the defense needs is reasonable doubt...
Well right here is why I hope the DNA (if any) comes from under fingernails etc. Be hard to explain away.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Exactly. I've already been implicated once this week. I don't want another. It was a curious question.

Reading this here post, sounds almost like you were snooping around and went to relieve yourself, haha...Please tell me you didnt[emoji15]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I could be wrong here, and maybe somebody knows this but I believe urine is sterile....no DNA. However, they are sure to have it from search of house. mo
Sterile, as in coming from a closed system, but still can carry many things that can be traced to the owner. Liver waste tends to go that route.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

JMO but I'm thinking more along the lines of a defense attorney arguing why it's there, not trying to find it from that source..

My apologies I edited my post to clearify sorry

Not really, he would essentially have to roll naked over every inch of that huge property and even then it wouldnt be everywhere or enough of it.

This would only work if only RL's dna was found and not the real perp's. I highly doubt this is possible. Whoever commited this crime most likely left dna, incriminating dna. Not just just skin cells on a nearby tree.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Sterile, as in coming from a closed system, but still can carry many things that can be traced to the owner. Liver waste tends to go that route.

Yes, it's "sterile," in extreme survival situations you can drink your own urine the first time it is expelled from the body. After that it can become toxic.

I have been thinking about RL and I was wondering if maybe he is cooperating but has fear about his own well being. Maybe they are keeping him locked up on the probation violation so they can protect him while they get their info? Maybe they are waiting on DNA results that they possibly took from him that would connect a relative to the DNA from the crime scene? I saw a FB pic of someone that would match his DNA that I could see being BG. This is my first post by the way and I want to say some of you are amazing! I'm really enjoying learning from you all!

This is all my opinion.

Yes, it's "sterile," in extreme survival situations you can drink your own urine the first time it is expelled from the body. After that it can become toxic.
Agreed. However, the question was on DNA from urine. I am not positive, but I would gamble and say yes it can be collected from urine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member