IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today. LE confirmed they had the phone. It was recovered with the girls. Also several people saw the perp in the bridge area that day and DNA has been recovered.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

HOLY *****. I just got chills. Finally news!!!!!!

ETA: this is the case that brought me to this wonderful community at WS. For SO long w have wondered about whether the phone was recovered, and whether it was with the girls. Somehow knowing this gives me hope. Maybe this perp isn't as smart as we may have thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually Alexis McAdams herself mentions at marker 2:02, that the phone was recovered. Holeman did not say it. That's why I contacted McAdams, to see if the wording was wrong. You saw what she replied. So, unless we hear something else officially from LE, we have to therefore assume they do have Libby's cell phone. If they do indeed have the phone, I am very astounded, to say the least.

-Nin

I've thought all along they had the phone, but now we have confirmation.

Just for clarification, and I'm writing this to assist folks who are just tuning in to this case, and to clear the air, so to speak, there has been no discussion by LE of anything being uploaded from Libby's phone, besides the SnapChat pics. No "cloud", etc. Members of WS and YouTube, who have visited the area of the bridge, report good/smooth cell service.

The SC pic from 2:07PM is a "screen grab" from a searcher's phone, via the SC app, shared 7+ hours after the image was uploaded to SC. A MSM reporter was at the volunteer fire station in town, interviewing folks who were part of the search, roughly 9:45-10PM that evening, when the searcher (a HS student IIRC), shared the image on his phone.

At that time, there was no urgency in the search effort, it was not believed the girls "were in danger".

There's a possibility that Libby not only had the "presence of mind" to start recording, and she got a shot of the suspect, but she had the presence of mind to drop or throw the phone.

JMO

I'm so happy to see this! Hoping an arrest is imminent.

Posting this photo of a teal and purple rose (again) for Abby and Libby. They are inseparable.

attachment.php

Attachments

• purpleAndAquaSparklyRoseSmaller.jpg
    purpleAndAquaSparklyRoseSmaller.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 938
So if the remaining audio (not yet released) is just girl talk, where does the LE mention of the stuff of nightmares come from? I always assumed it described the full audio/video. I'll go back and search for a quote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LE never said the "remaining" audio/video. They said "the recording contains...." They have also stated that they played "more" audio to the families so that doesn't necessarily mean "all" of it.

The stuff of nightmares might still exist.

MOO
0f85e7570253a33efbe321755e60d2d3.jpg

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

That sure doesn't give me a lot of confidence in LE. The lead detective says one thing and the ISP says that info is not accurate. Or is the reporter to blame?
Once again, it is the same reporter for Fox59 reporting information no else did in her story. DNA and that the phone was found with the girls e.g. at the same location as their bodies. I don't know what to make of this yet.

God, I can so clearly picture the girls getting increasingly nervous about the man behind them but thinking that visibly recording him and acting nonchalant and continuing to "chat" was their best bet. I don't think at that point they stood a chance, even if they had rung 911 he probably would have had the time to do the basics of what he intended.

I'm so confused. If the phone was just girl talk why would Libby have recorded?? Then what is the stuff of nightmares? Unless the audio they had before was the nightmare and now they recovered new stuff that is just girl talk? but why would she record that?
Yep and then why not release that part of the video so we could actually see BG in motion on the bridge instead of the 3 frames we have?

'The stuff of nightmares' could be the stalking of the girls (and they knew it) and how he got them to comply with 'down the hill'.

God, I can so clearly picture the girls getting increasingly nervous about the man behind them but thinking that visibly recording him and acting nonchalant and continuing to "chat" was their best bet. I don't think at that point they stood a chance, even if they had rung 911 he probably would have had the time to do the basics of what he intended.

Good point, maybe they did the thing where they just talked really loudly about random stuff to seem nonchalant, all the while recording him. If they did see something they weren't supposed to, they could also have used chatting to try to be like "look we are talking about our crushes not your meth lab that we didn't just see"

The police video today was very interesting, but not too encouraging about DNA. After being asked if they have DNA, he immedialey mentioned the girls DNA, the relatives DNA, and something to the effect of sorting out DNA. Woulda been nice to have heard a definite yes to possible DNA of THE PERP.

At the very beginning of the interview linked in your post, the detective said they have very little evidence in this case.
Maybe that's why not much info has been released in this case?

The longer video below the first is worth carefully listening to imo. Seems to be a dance of sorts w the info.

This full video interview towards the bottom of he page is a must.

http://fox59.com/2017/08/14/lead-de...ave-more-audio-from-teens-phone-dna-evidence/

About 10:55 They did cross the creek to the crime scene-I had not seen that confirmed before!

About 7:08 This sketch is compiled from what several people thought he looked like

About 19:00 We've been able to eliminate them...not all of them but most of them (referring to tips based on the voice)

About 25:20 They've interviewed thousands of people; including formal interviews (audio and video) of about 400-500

About 25:25 The interviewer asks a question I cannot make out----anyone? He responds that he does not want to respond at this time.

http://fox59.com/2017/08/14/lead-de...ave-more-audio-from-teens-phone-dna-evidence/

About 10:55 They did cross the creek to the crime scene-I had not seen that confirmed before!

About 7:08 This sketch is compiled from what several people thought he looked like

About 19:00 We've been able to eliminate them...not all of them but most of them (referring to tips based on the voice)

About 25:20 They've interviewed thousands of people; including formal interviews (audio and video) of about 400-500

About 25:25 The interviewer asks a question I cannot make out----anyone? He responds that he does not want to respond at this time.
So they did cross the creek. Was that voluntarily or by force? The cemetery and north side bank is looking more likely and could explain why he may not have been seen leaving imo.

Is there a transcript of both interviews available?

I have always thought the girls had a previous run in with this guy, particularly on the specific day at the trails. If the latest info that has been reported is true, which is appears to be so, the theory of him entering from the SE end of the bridge doesn't convince me now. Still possible absolutely, but I now firmly believe this guy was somewhere at the North point of the bridge, possibly waiting on the trail already. Something occurred, whether he spoke to them before the bridge or was just acting weird/off. He was weird enough for Libby to start recording him non-chalantly, and was probably going to show someone later, this creepy guy from the bridge.

All just speculation of course, but I am one to think the answer that makes the most sense is probably the answer you're looking for.

I also belong to a group on FB where BP posts regularly to confirm or deny evidence/rumors. Last night she confirmed listening to 20 seconds of audio, if I am allowed to post screen shots from these groups please let me know and I will do so! Just don't want to break any rules.

Today is the day.

I disagree about Sgt Holeman confirming the two girls crossed the creek.

Beginning at 10:27, he explains, from the High Bridge to where the girls were found on private property, the difficulty it would have been for them to walk through steep terrain, a wooded area with sticker bushes, and to cross the creek in cold water that was cooler than the air temperature. He doesn't think anyone, while on a walk, would choose to walk that way.

At 25:25 is a question, by the reporter:
"Was a weapon found at the scene?" He declined to answer.

I have always thought the girls had a previous run in with this guy, particularly on the specific day at the trails. If the latest info that has been reported is true, which is appears to be so, the theory of him entering from the SE end of the bridge doesn't convince me now. Still possible absolutely, but I now firmly believe this guy was somewhere at the North point of the bridge, possibly waiting on the trail already. Something occurred, whether he spoke to them before the bridge or was just acting weird/off. He was weird enough for Libby to start recording him non-chalantly, and was probably going to show someone later, this creepy guy from the bridge.

All just speculation of course, but I am one to think the answer that makes the most sense is probably the answer you're looking for.

I also belong to a group on FB where BP posts regularly to confirm or deny evidence/rumors. Last night she confirmed listening to 20 seconds of audio, if I am allowed to post screen shots from these groups please let me know and I will do so! Just don't want to break any rules.

Today is the day.
I think it should be allowed.BP is an insider that doesn't need verification and for obvious reasons I doubt she would make up rumors or speculation,even though she is on FB.

I think it should be allowed.BP is an insider that doesn't need verification and for obvious reasons I doubt she would make up rumors or speculation,even though she is on FB.

Tread carefully my friends. Please ask a mod first.
Sherlock, I agree she is an insider but she is also family. And anyone can create a FB page and claim to be someone (not saying she did this-just pointing out the possible hazards of allowing something in)

:daisy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member