IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I think I was paying attention first to the round head the hat made... was it his head or the hat that was that large?

Yes, a very different perspective now w the hat gone. I too wonder why the hat was included in the released sketch.

Yes, a very different perspective now w the hat gone. I too wonder why the hat was included in the released sketch.

I don't know why this particular hat was used in the sketch, though I think the bill of a ballcap might have been even more distracting from the facial features, perhaps shading them? I think they had to put in some type of hat simply because his hairline is not known. Imagine the face in the sketch but with a bald head or receding hairline. It can really change the overall appearance of a person.

The nose and the wide set eyes stand out most to me.

I hadn't even noticed that red/dark area across his hose until you mentioned it!
Could that be caused by radiation treatment? Or could it be from rosacea?

It certainly does not look like a sunburn to me. It is too odd of a shape. And for it to be a sunburn, I would think he would have had sunglasses on, however, there is no stripe across the top of his nose or on the sides of his head. Thus, I rule a sunburn out. JMO.

My concentration has been on his bulbous nose, which can be caused from rosacea, alcohol, or just heredity. His eyes and eyebrows have been another area of my attention.

With that darkened area on his nose, that should be a great identifier for anyone who thinks they "may" know him.

Where in the world is this guy?!

I don't know why this particular hat was used in the sketch, though I think the bill of a ballcap might have been even more distracting from the facial features, perhaps shading them? I think they had to put in some type of hat simply because his hairline is not known. Imagine the face in the sketch but with a bald head or receding hairline. It can really change the overall appearance of a person.

The nose and the wide set eyes stand out most to me.

Good points. I was just reading about how sketch artists work w witnesses to develop a composite. As part of an article being written a test was done where a person worked w the artist to develop a composite of his coworker. The artist had not met the coworker. The guy could not remember the color of his coworkers eyes nor what type of hairline the coworker had. Pretty interesting.

I hadn't even noticed that red/dark area across his hose until you mentioned it!
Could that be caused by radiation treatment? Or could it be from rosacea?

It certainly does not look like a sunburn to me. It is too odd of a shape. And for it to be a sunburn, I would think he would have had sunglasses on, however, there is no stripe across the top of his nose or on the sides of his head. Thus, I rule a sunburn out. JMO.

My concentration has been on his bulbous nose, which can be caused from rosacea, alcohol, or just heredity. His eyes and eyebrows have been another area of my attention.

With that darkened area on his nose, that should be a great identifier for anyone who thinks they "may" know him.

Where in the world is this guy?!

I'm wondering if the darkened area is just the shading technique used by the artist to achieve the flat look to the bridge of the nose? Anyway that nose just might be the undoing of this guy. Flat bridge, large, bulbous tip. All moo

What sticks out to me is the flat bridge of his nose, wide set slanted downward eyes

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What stuck out to me from the sketch was that fact that he doesn't seem to be heavy set, compared to the bridge pics. There he seems to be a bit heavier which would show on his face as well. Just IMO

** my 2 cents worth, And humble opinion, unless noted **

At the risk of causing you all to pull out your hair at me mentioning this again....that nose looks like an alchoholics nose.
That nose! A stand out. It may just end up getting him arrested.

At the risk of causing you all to pull out your hair at me mentioning this again....that nose looks like an alchoholics nose.

Maybe he's got a bottle of booze packed in that jacket along w whatever else is making it stuffed looking.

Maybe he's got a bottle of booze packed in that jacket along w whatever else is making it stuffed looking.

And a pillow maybe

** my 2 cents worth, And humble opinion, unless noted **

Hopping back to the reporter/Holeman interview...
If the reporter had asked him point blank, "Did they cross the creek?"
Officer Holeman would have probably said, "I cant give out that information".
As it was asked, its still doubtful that he would have answered, "oh, they didn't cross the creek" even if they didnt. IMO
I'm GUESSING that BG planned to get them in a car under the bridge, but they didnt cooperate. Guessing because obviously i dont know.

What sticks out to me is the lines running north and south in his cheeks. Where dimples usually are. Also. From the top of his nose to the eyebrows. The eyebrows seem to follow that ridge. I don't know exactly how to describe it. But it's distinct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This seems like it might be helpful in getting this guys face clear in our minds.

What really struck out for me were his eyes. The slant down to either side in an interesting way. And his top lip appears especially thin. Even if he shaved, I think that his eyes and his lips would stand out enough that he'd still be recognizable to the composite.

It could also be from rosacea. Grasping at straws, and wondering if the sketch has been distributed to dermatologists in the surrounding area? You never know, he could be under care for the condition.

If they could clear up that picture that Libby captured, they might be able to narrow it down, and get this monster.

All MHO as always.

Thanks for the change in direction.

I see a definite focus on the nose, both tip and top, and the drooping, far apart eyes.

The jawline is also soft like someone carrying a few extra pounds.

I can only think of one person in my lifetime that comes close to that picture, and like many, since I am so far away I discount the possibility that I know him.

In reading everyone's comments about the composite what is interesting right off the bat is how we are all focused on different aspects of his, pretty ordinary. face.

Kind of an interesting empirical test of how people observe a person. And in this case we are really looking hard at this guys mug. Witnesses on the trail that day may only have been giving this guy a slide glance or a quick hello.

If he crossed the creek with Abigail and Liberty, his trousers would have been wet. I've also thought it was strange that no vehicle was mentioned. I do remember in the beginning LE asked if anyone had picked up a hitchhiker that afternoon or saw someone walking on the nearby highway. I suspect that LE asked for anyone who might have been on the trail and when they came forward LE asked them directly about other vehicles in the lot. If I had parked even in a small lot with more than half a dozen spots I doubt I could remember the vehicles next to me when asked a few days later.

I wondered these things too.

The killer had to have emerged from that forest area at some time, and somewhere. And even if he was able to clean up a bit in the creek, he's still going to be a mess. And wet!

I don't want to second guess the initial search, but it's really possible that because the girls weren't considered in danger that Monday, and I guess they were thought to be voluntary missing---it would not have occurred to anyone to check the parking lots then.

And like you said, who remembers a car that is parked in a lot near them? You might if it stood out for some reason, but most people would be more focused on their objective, rather than the cars around them.

That may have been a significant missed opportunity (and again, not criticizing--this stuff happens)

The sketch/pic to me doesn't necessarily look like every guy. There's lots of guys 40+ who are much bigger, taller, shorter, thinner, with different hair color. Driving around my smallish town the last couple days I decided to analyze guys when out and about. Thx to WS I i'm getting really weeeeeird. LOL (I'm semi-retired btw). One was hippish, tie dye outfit, pony tail, gray haired, another miliitarish looking guy out running, another guy was huge and twice the size of wife, some thin druggy looking guys, as well. OH has a big diversity. But in the winter, maybe they will all look alike!
My son or son in laws count as male. Younger, taller, thinner. All this to say imo he doesnt kook like every other guy.

Hopping back to the reporter/Holeman interview...
If the reporter had asked him point blank, "Did they cross the creek?"
Officer Holeman would have probably said, "I cant give out that information".
As it was asked, its still doubtful that he would have answered, "oh, they didn't cross the creek" even if they didnt. IMO
I'm GUESSING that BG planned to get them in a car under the bridge, but they didnt cooperate. Guessing because obviously i dont know.
She asks, what is on the surface, a pretty inoccuous question. Was it difficult terrain? Really? She pointedly includes from the bridge to where they were found... it's a fishing expedition and he bites.

She doesn't ask for details. She doesn't poke or prod. Unassisted, and unaided, he traces the route they took and explains the difficulties with the obstacles they came across. To accent his own point, he adds that it's not normally a place people would go.

It's pretty honest. It's pretty forthright. It's from someone intimately involved in the case who likely knows exactly what path they took. He also has a vested interest in letting any information out, and is careful in what he divulges.

Maybe if he had a do-over, he'd say something different, but there's no reason not to take it at face value. He doesn't go into what he thinks happened and where. He is careful to guard that. They may have, in fact, not crossed the creek alive, and his hesitation with details may be an indication of that.

One of the most curious aspects of this case for me, is how was it that the killer discovered these girls?

The forest was so easy to see into at that time of year, and so far we haven't read of anyone who saw the suspect and thought that he was acting in an odd way (except for one unconfirmed rumor in one article that related a friend of the girls seeing the guy, but in that version he was all in black and didn't respond to a hello).

There is that bench right at the start of the portion of the trail where the girls entered. Could he have been sitting on that bench, watching as people went by?

Was he retracing his steps until he found the right person to follow?

Or was it all just hapchance?

I have no answers but it is interesting that he was able to blend in, if he was in fact "hunting" prey. It seems like most of these killings on trails happen in areas where the foliage is dense: The Amherst Trail Killer; Gary Hilton....I can pull up others as well. Where the killer literally drags the victim just off the trail, into an area hidden by brush or trees. Even when this guy gets the girls off the bridge and down into the woods, the three wouldn't have been all that well hidden. All that had to happen for this abduction to go terribly wrong for the killer, is for one person to be hiking their own land that day. Or for someone to suddenly drive down W 625 N.

Why did he take this chance? This was a really risky crime, in it's initial stages, especially.

And he would have had a hard time hiding as he lay in wait---if he did lay in wait.

I really can't figure out, to my own satisfaction, if I believe this was a "planned" event, or one that was completely done on a lark.

In reading everyone's comments about the composite what is interesting right off the bat is how we are all focused on different aspects of his, pretty ordinary. face.

Kind of an interesting empirical test of how people observe a person. And in this case we are really looking hard at this guys mug. Witnesses on the trail that day may only have been giving this guy a slide glance or a quick hello.

I'm thinking from the sketch he's only going to look distinctive to someone who has interacted with him or is related to him. Meaning he looks like average guy to me. Speaking of related, predominant noses often are inherited traits imo so there could be more of those unusual noses related to BG. Hoping someone puts it together if so!

Thanks, Steleheart. I'm not convinced, though. LE isn't above putting out misinformation to the news media if it suits their own purpose. Besides, a witness coming forward months later with perfect recollection as to the color of someone's eyes? There's a recent link posted here to an article detailing the unreliability of eyewitness accounts. Additionally, anyone passing BG on the trail isn't thinking, "I better take note of this random guy's eye color because months from now I'm going to be asked to recall everything I can about him".

I actually believe it is possible to be close enough to someone to be certain they do not have blue eyes, but uncertain of eye color. Light brown eyes and green eyes can look very similar in color IMO. Blue eyes are more obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz