IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Collection of DNA From Military Personnel

The Department of Defense (DOD) began to use DNA samples to identify the remains of service members during the first Gulf War in 1991. [....]

As of December 2002, the Repository, now known as the “Armed Forces Repository of Specimen Samples for the Identification of Remains,” contained the DNA of approximately 3.2 million service members. According to a recent DOD directive, the “provision of specimen samples by military members shall be mandatory.”

http://www.councilforresponsiblegenetics.org/geneticprivacy/DNA_mil.html

It seems the only way the DOD will release a DNA profile on someone in the military to a law enforcement agency is if there are no other ways available to obtain it.

565a. DNA samples maintained for identification of human remains: use for law enforcement purposes

(a) Compliance with a court order.

(1) Subject to paragraph (2), if a valid order of a Federal court (or military judge) so requires, an element of the Department of Defense that maintains a repository of DNA samples for the purpose of identification of human remains shall make available, for the purpose specified in subsection (b), such DNA samples on such terms and conditions as such court (or military judge) directs.
(2) A DNA sample with respect to an individual shall be provided under paragraph

(1) in a manner that does not compromise the ability of the Department of Defense to maintain a sample with respect to that individual for the purpose of identification of human remains.

(b) Covered purpose. The purpose referred to in subsection (a) is the purpose of an investigation or prosecution of a felony, or any sexual offense, for which no other source of DNA information is reasonably available.

What I think: they already had an interest in this guy when they were tracking him earlier this summer. When he disappeared they showed witnesses his photos and they confirmed he is the guy. That is when the sketch came out.

I think (JMHO) they already believe this is their guy. We wouldn't be hearing so much about it if he was just another random follow up. As tight as the police have been with this case, we wouldn't know anything about it if they didn't feel confident.
If that's the case then they already knew who he was and have sat on his name for 2 months.In the meantime the nutjob has went across country maybe killin a cyclist and who knows who else when there could have been a nation wide manhunt for someone with a name and actual photo.I dunno man,sounds suspicious.

"It's unclear if he is a suspect in the homicide. The sheriff's office anticipates more preliminary charges could be filed within the next few days, according to a separate news release.

Despite news reports Thursday that Nations could be confirmed or ruled out as a suspect in the Delphi homicides within two days, Riley said he is anticipating answers next week."

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...swers-soon-delphi-double-homicides/713451001/

Ommmg how can we wait til neeeeexxxxt weeeeeeeeekkkk...going to feel like foreeeeeverrrr... imagine how their families feel.

This makes me convinced they DO have the suspect's DNA and they only have to compare his DNA profile to the DNA they already have. That is why it wont take that long. All they need his DNA for comparison. WOW!

IMO

If that's the case then they already knew who he was and have sat on his name for 2 months.In the meantime the nutjob has went across country maybe killing a cyclist and who knows who else when there could have been a nation wide manhunt for someone with a name and actual photo.I dunno man,sounds suspicious.

There probably has been a nationwide manhunt. At least, in a realistic sense.

"German's and Williams' family, friends and*surrounding community are awaiting*a "bit of needed closure," David Hemig, a Delphi resident for 15 years, said Friday outside the Carroll County Courthouse.

Hemig said it's easy in small-town Delphi to find in people who knew the girls or their family and friends. He said his daughter played on the same volleyball team as German and Williams and would sometimes attend sleepovers with them.

Since their deaths, he said residents are closer than ever.

"It made me proud*to be a part of this community," Hemig said. "This town didn’t fall apart. They came together, like they already were, or even stronger."

A few blocks down the road, Ashley Smith, a Delphi resident for eight years, said she and her children are hesitant to walk Delphi's network of hiking trails until a killer is caught.

"It will reassure a lot of people that it's always been a really safe place, " Smith said. "I've lived here for a really long time (and) never had to worry about stuff like that."

But for now, Delphi remains ready to turn the page on one of the darkest chapters in its history.

"I think we're just ready for it to come to an end," Smith said."

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...swers-soon-delphi-double-homicides/713451001/

If that's the case then they already knew who he was and have sat on his name for 2 months.In the meantime the nutjob has went across country maybe killin a cyclist and who knows who else when there could have been a nation wide manhunt for someone with a name and actual photo.I dunno man,sounds suspicious.

I can't imagine someone didn't turn his name in beforehand, either. On the other hand, I know thousands of leads were sent through the tip lines.

Despite an FBI profile being done, none of it, as far as I can tell, was released, other than the warning signs to look for of a person who may have done a crime like this. Hindsight is 20/20, of course, but it *may* have been helpful to know more about what the FBI experts thought. I still would like to know.

Also, about the release of the sketch. I know the public was asked to ignore the hat, and look at the facial features. Maybe it would have been helpful to point out specifically what facial features they were referring. Again, hindsight is 20/20 and lessons can be learned.

IIRC, early on a witness reported seeing a red car with paper plates parked in the parking lot.Does anyone recall if this was ever ruled out? I am assuming it was but don't remember for sure.

If paper temp tags would def line up with them being expired now. pic seems to have non paper plates here

<modsnip>

Unless they were using a plate that belonged to another vehicle.

Well hanging around threatening people with axes and lurking around search parties after a murder is a bit idiotic or extremely unlucky.
I do think he had a psychotic break. I think living in a car with a unhappy wife and 3 very young children would bring the best to their knees. I think she was brought along on their journey because she had a valid license and a car and he could use them for cover.
I think this guy has a split personality and he's wrestling with some serious demons.

I have a question, where did you read that there where three children in the car? I have only read that two were in the car, but he is the father of three.

[video=twitter;913855495886262272]https://twitter.com/alexismcadamstv/status/913855495886262272[/video]

In her clip she mentions DN visited the Morgan County Jail (1.5hrs away from Delphi) on 2/14/17 for a weekly check-in relating to his SO status.

Very interesting he checked in the day afterwards...so he was in Indiana, but obviously hadn't chosen to flee at that point. At that time, there was no image, audio or sketch.

I am thinking about the search of RL's property. It seemed extensive and they were there for 2 days, iirc.

It had been mentioned that bg might have done some work for RL but I did not think much of it because I thought RL would have mentioned it in one of his tv interviews if that were the case.

Now I am thinking bg may have done some work for RL or at least offered to.. bg could have been camping under the bridge and noticed RL outside and asked for work. Otherwise why the property search?

Was Bg's campsite 'down the hill'?
Maybe..great thought

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

At this time, we are not allowing pics of DJN or side-by-sides but links to MSM pics / articles are allowed.

Side-by-sides are basically alterations of the sketch that LE put out in this case.

Pics of DJN are not being allowed because Indiana LE had specifically indicated they did not want pics circulated. (Just a guess, but presumably so as not to influence potential witnesses in identifying the perp in Abby and Libby's case.) As stated before, MSM can choose to disregard that request, but at this time, Websleuths is choosing to honor it. If that changes, we will let you know.

HTH :)

Thanks, sillybilly. :)

Eh, I don't see how that would be some kind of flag. I mean, if someone gets murdered in a forest and the perp makes any effort to bury them, it's gonna be with leaves and twigs. Just doesn't seem "uncommon" enough. Not like a hatchet. JMO.
Too coincincidential....imo

Have read a lot here but never posted. You guys are way better at sleuthing than I would ever be. That being said.. I think this just may be the guy. I don’t see ISP traveling out there unless they had pretty good indications.
Praying for closure for the families... be it this guy or someone else. I’m sure their hopes are up no matter how hard they try not to do that. Heart breaks for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know why people just assume he "snapped", this was a carefully planned murder regardless of what you think of Daniel Nations.

People aren't "just assuming he snapped". There have been various discussions about many possibilities, particularly last night, by some highly intelligent and experienced posters including even an attorney who mentioned this, while discussing if it's possible at this point for this to be DN's first kill, if DN is BG. There are many possible theories on the table. I have assumed a cold, calculated planning from the start (but now nit so sure). But nobody knows anything for sure yet, so snapped I'm afraid is not off the table, particularly considering his hostile, unstable personality and hatchet history, possibility he was exposing himself, traveling/drifting etc (if he was in the area, how long had he been there?), etc etc. The level of planning at this point is pure speculation and should be followed with a moo, imo.

I agree. If you want to cover something up on a trail so that it's not immediately noticeable, you cover it up with surrounding materials so that it blends in.
Yeah but who is our there murdering people really....

Yes, you're right, different neighboring county. Either way, he needed a form of transportation other than walking.

OMG I thought I imagined this post from back in the day...it really exists!

Excellent find/memory.

Maybe..great thought

Maybe the girls stumbled on his campsite while out on the trails and it triggered him to attack?!?

Please use Reply With Quote, so we know who you're responding to.

Thanks.

Have read a lot here but never posted. You guys are way better at sleuthing than I would ever be. That being said.. I think this just may be the guy. I don&#8217;t see ISP traveling out there unless they had pretty good indications.
Praying for closure for the families... be it this guy or someone else. I&#8217;m sure their hopes are up no matter how hard they try not to do that. Heart breaks for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think so, too.... that it all coming together for the girls, and everyone may begin to understand what happened. It is so sad. I have followed this case for a long time, and have felt so strongly for the parents. They have been so brave. If this turns out to not be the right lead, we can still hold them in our thoughts and prayers and keep moving toward justice. Remember, no stone left unturned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay