IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a note that the audio recording is posted at this link as well, and it has that background noise omitted, and just a quick replay of those 3 words, a few times.. (they must have also removed that thing that some were hearing as 'git', or 'get', or 'go', or etc. It is annoying however, that they seem to be posting the pics of the victims as opposed to highlighting to photo of the perp.

How did I miss this!? This is fantastic news. I feel like the chances have increased 10 fold just by that move of putting him on the list.

I like what you did with the overlay here and you do some amazing work. Though the bridge in that picture i have seen before and it is not the deer creek bridge imo. I have seen many pics online and this bridge is only about 1/4 of the length. My guess is the newspaper grabbed it from somwhere and it was mislabled

I never noticed til after you posted, the long pieces of wood out either side of the bridge
I don't see them in the other photos, but is it just the angle of the photo?

Has anyone started looking over all the sex offenders in a close proximity to Delphi? I believe this man has done this before- maybe not murder but probably some sort of sex offences. I believe this because only someone with experience would feel comfortable taking TWO victims. Normally they always start with one and as they get more confident they work their way up to more victims :(

Absolutely!

Just a note that the audio recording is posted at this link as well, and it has that background noise omitted, and just a quick replay of those 3 words, a few times.. (they must have also removed that thing that some were hearing as 'git', or 'get', or 'go', or etc. It is annoying however, that they seem to be posting the pics of the victims as opposed to highlighting to photo of the perp.

Omg, so much clearer and now (jmo) much older.

The sp was taking a huge risk especially when the crime was committed because schools were out for the day. I am curious to find out how many ppl were there at the time the girls were there. If the sp was local he would know where the private property was located

I dont believe that there is much that can be gleaned from a three word clip like this other than someone recognizing a voice. That's it. You can't discern someone's age or intent. "Down the hill" is not, by itself, indicative of a command. You can't determine whether the speaker had a gun, knife, or any other weapon or object. Now certainly the police may have other evidence that points to answers to these questions, but the simple words "down the hill" do not provide any. It was simply put out there for people to maybe recognize a voice on its own, or a person when combining the voice with the two still photos.

My sense and opinion is that the police have run into a dead end and have no real leads at this time. I also get the sense that they think it is more likely that the guy they are looking for is local or at least in the general area, and that this was not likely a chance encounter. My sense is also that the police are frustrated also because they believe that there are people, who for whatever reason, are reluctant to call in a tip that someone they know might be the guy. Maybe they are in denial, or maybe they are afraid. Perhaps this particular clip was released in order to move those reluctant tipsters to call in because it does lend itself to an interpretation of the victims being forced to their ultimate demise which is quite a disturbing thing to contemplate. Maybe that inference will move someone to go ahead and swallow their doubt and call in the tip to have say, their boss or their brother or their breadwinner or abuser to be checked out.

Like many here, I have my own theory and OPINION on what MAY have motivated this but that is just that, my opinion based only on info that has been released officially and one piece of info that was forwarded to me by another person who has second or third hand info relative to the search that he/she thinks is reliable. However, apparently this site's rules do not permit me to discuss it and I am perfectly aware that it is as likely to be close as it is to be completely off base. So there you go.

That's it for now.

I feel like the audio clips on state and federal sites have been altered a bit from the first audio clips that were released. I no loner hear the "Get" or "Go"

The only benefit of that audio is going to come from someone who recognizes that voice.... And no mistake, its a HUGE asset in the investigation

Just a thought.... I wonder if they can do voice recognition comparison with calls to the tip line. Sorry if this has been brought up.

It's some real csi stuff but wondering if it's something they'd look into eventually.

Not that we necessarily have a guy dumb enough to call the tip line but who knows. He was dumb enough to leave a recording and a pic on the cell phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Random thoughts: been away from websleuths for awhile but these girls have brought me back. We are an assorted crew here and the sniping ebbs and flows. Focus on the thing I'd forgotten about...how we all care what happened to the victims. Everything else is immaterial.
I think this guy acted alone. Middle aged white male very confident in his environment. Predators stalk areas they are comfortable. I do not for a nanosecond think the girls were lured to meet up with someone. i DO think this was a school holiday and predator knew there would be opportunity in such a place. I also think he has probably committed crimes before. You don't begin with a double child murder. While LE wants to cast a wide net, which I applaud, chances are best that this fella is local and known to someone already. Fingers crossed they get him fast. My kids are 7 and 10 and these girls hit close to my heart. I keep thinking of Gavin deBecker's awesome books. His number one rule to avoid becoming a victim is listen to your gut. It seems like Libby listened to hers as best as she could. The lesson is worth taking to my kids.

This isnt the only time one perpetrator was able to control two victims to abduct, rape and then kill them. Killers like this control by fear and intimidation. The girls had never run across anyone like this man.

All he had to do is grab one around the throat and tell the other one if she didn't do exactly as he said to do... he would kill the one he grabbed. These girls were the best of friends who loved each other deeply. They would do anything if they thought it would save each others life and sometimes tragically it means the victim/s complied to the demands of a person filled with evil who would murder both of them while taking advantage of that strong bond between both victims.

No matter what weapon he used whether it was brute force and intimidation or gun/knife he still could have managed to control two close friends who would do anything trying to save their other friend's life.

We have seen cases where it has happened to grown adult women. Richard Speck all by himself was able to contain and murder 8 nurses and he only had a knife. They were all trying to do what he demanded thinking he would spare them if they did..... not knowing they played right into his hands.

These precious girls were trying to do everything possible to save each other but like so many of these cases the murderers are sociopaths with no compassion whatsoever and they actually get a sick satisfaction from the victims complying to their demands because they are so intimidated and fearful of the murderer.

IMO

Agree totally.

And let's say one of them did run. And the other was still killed. Sadly I feel like some people would be saying oh my how could you have ran and let your friend die?

A couple of things about that voice file, all IMO... it seem to me that the FBI would have consulted with a linguist, specifically someone who specializes in dialectology (the study of dialects) to see if the man's accent could be pinpointed to a certain geographical area. I dunno, maybe they have but are reluctant to tell the public. One reason could be that it may mislead people if, for example, the perp grew up in one area but now lives elsewhere. Still, I don't think it would hurt to be told that he grew up or lived in a certain area and may have moved from there.

Also, and this is pure speculation on my part, I tend to think that someone with a similar accent to the perp wouldn't notice any accent because, well, he will sound just like them. It's a little hard to explain - kind of like I hear a southern accent because I'm not southern. I grew up in Michigan and have lost my strong midwest accent over the years as I've lived elsewhere. Prior to that I didn't notice anything when hearing a Michigander speak. Now though I clearly can hear the flat vowels (my mam instead of my mom).

Lol, when I lived in Vancouver and still had a strong accent people used to think I was from Texas! That's how "foreign" someone's accent can sound to those not used to hearing it. That's why I'm paying attention to the locals who are most familiar with Indiana accents.

Yes, I agree they know more but I wonder if anyone who follows the girls and saw all their snap chats that day has come out and shared what they posted? It's quite easy to view someones snap story and it's just as easy to screen shot it!

However depending on her settings, it's possible they were NOT all public and only available to her followers, or that even just some were not.

In addition, if screen shots were taken of the Snap Chats, LE would be able to see that as you're notified (there are a few ways around it but not ones most know now) who took them and how many.

In addition, we've been told the one released was the last SC (the 2:07 one) and everything else was apparently audio/video.

So any other possible SCs would have been prior and apparently either don't exist or don't seem to be useful because they'd surely have been released by family/friends or LE (if they'd help the public) given the last one was immediately released.

Here's the statement from the presser indicating that it was audio/video she switched on (since obviously it can't be SC anyway given the length) and they're just declining to release any more of that than what they have at this time.

“She had the presence of mind to have the phone on and to capture video as well as audio,” Bursten said

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/22/police-release-audio-in-indiana-girls-death-investigation/

The way he voice recording is cropped leaves me feeling as though down the hill is contained within a longer bit of speech. Hill is cut off almost immediately.

This leads me to believe that as in the photos (being trimmed to keep Abby out of frame possibly), there is evidence of one girls voice very close to that phrase, or he says something that would give the families more grief of it was published.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I can imagine Libby asking (in order to have on audio), "Where are we going?" His answer, "Down the hill." Just my opinion. And, they would NEVER release either girl's voice on the recordings, IMHO.

So does that info about the phone pinging imply that the perp took her phone with him, and then it eventually died or he shut it off? And then all of the photos, audio, etc were taken from her cloud storage? I would imagine several businesses have surveillance cameras, or at least some of them.

Does anyone have a link to LE stating they HAVE the phone? I dvr'd the local news during the PC and they state the HAVE it physically, but I can't find a video online to post link. It's definitely on my tv!

I am from Western Canada. I do not hear any accent. The officer in the video had a strong accent (to me).

I'm from western Kentucky and agree there is no accent. I hear a 30 to 45 year old man giving a stern order in what I would consider close to standard American English.

Agree totally.

And let's say one of them did run. And the other was still killed. Sadly I feel like some people would be saying oh my how could you have ran and let your friend die?

I don't think anyone - at least not here on WS - would criticize these girls. They were in an absolutely terrifying situation. I don't think anyone would feel anything except deep sympathy and compassion.

jmo

Welcome to our new members and to our guests.

This case has everyone upset and understandably so

At least we have a voice to work with. Assuming it is the voice of the man who is the suspect.

Please keep up the great sleuthing. We have hundreds of guests reading your posts on this thread today.

If you are a guest and would like to join in but are feeling a bit apprehensive please put that feeling away and come post with us.
Your input is as important as anyone else's on Websleuths.
To register look in the upper right-hand hand corner for "Registration" just click and go for it.

Thank you for coming together for Abby and Liberty.

Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads