IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #79

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the Mears property there on the left? I def recall it being said there was construction going on there and that there were workers sometimes standing around out front. I remember this very distinctly but alas I have no source.

I believe it's further down. I have a link on one of my browsers, LOL I will try to find it. The Mears had the entrance closed IIRC. It's across from the Gerard Nature Reserve off 300N. That is where they were renovating so that a relative could move in.

I'll look :back:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...melines-NO-DISCUSSION&p=13576147#post13576147

Here's the link to the Holeman interview. It's a good interview to review and the link mentions 3 parts that Spellbound (many thanks) transcribed so that it is easy to follow. The section referring to striking again ( wife, brother etc ) is in Part 2, third answer.

Speaking of which - and forgive me for being so far behind. I'm caching up backwards again :shame: - that interview is a wealth of information,. Every time I review it I find something new as far as factual info.

In this part of the interview Sgt. Holeman explains that there were several witness who contributed to the sketch. We have been back and forth if it was one or several it seems. So this is from Spellbound's kindly transcription;

A: [5.34] When the people come forward that mentioned, you know, because that sketch behind you is pretty detailed, like we said, and the guy that did it is obviously unbelievably talented because he maybe didn't have a bunch of information but it's unbelievable what they could come up with, right, and make it into this composite sketch that could end up helping crack the case. But, when did those people come forward that said that they saw him possibly near the trail?

H: Well, that's a good question. It's actually compiled, it's not just from one person, so we've had several people say that they saw the person that we identified through the video that we obtained off of Liberty's phone. And we put that out so once people saw that photo then they said "oh I saw that guy; I saw that guy." We have to determine 'is that the guy they saw' first of all, and if it is then let's work together. So, we were getting calls that night, and throughout the last couple months. Some people don't watch the news. Some people don't really follow what's going on . So some of them were sooner-than-later, um. But then we took our time with that. We took our time, we interviewed the composite drawing itself took probably 2/12 to 3 weeks, because we wanted to make sure ourselves that it was exactly right at the people had recalled that. So, um, we have been, I think, getting better tips. Obviously the first photo is pretty hard to see. It's pixelated pretty bad, and this is pretty detailed. We want to make sure that people know this might not look exactly like the person, but it's gonna have similar facial features. So, this is just what the person or persons that we've interviewed over the last several months believe this is what this guy looked like. There's four of us in this room right now. If somebody walked into this room for 30 seconds and left, we'd all have different drawings, but I think the facial features and the major identifiers we would all get right. So, that's what we're hoping, that this gives us a little more guidance, a little more not-as-vague. And it's helping. We are getting better tips. We're still getting some not-so-good tips, I would say. But we're getting a little better tips from this composite drawing.
+

Spellbound's post from a previous thread. I'll be putting it in the Media Thread if that helps;
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-65&p=13565009#post13565009

Thank you for posting this Kizzkat! I haven't been sleuthing much over the holidays and had not seen this video. A big THANK YOU to GH for making it and all he contributes to WS! Hoping everyone here has a healthy and prosperous New Year!!

Something that the GH's video reminded me of....

Looking at the area on Google Earth, if you move the satellite imagery back to 09/2014, there appears to be a vehicle on the shoulder near the entrance of the trail. I'm wondering how many here believe BG had this planned out for sometime or if they believe he just happened upon the area that fateful day.

attachment.php
Confused if Google Earth is not an allowed "source"? Is't it the source? I was reluctant to admit I didn't understand why WS was shut down recently, and so have had this in mind this week since it's thankfully back up. Since poster describes that she moved back the date to get this image it seems in compliance, ---"just me" asking. Appreciate attempts to keep facts clear and straightforward in our discussions.

DN sentenced:

https://twitter.com/lancebenzel/status/949345060016934913

More

Nations gets 3 years on supervised probation, with 2-year suspended prison sentence if he violates conditions. @csgazette

Although judge released his bond, Nations has an active warrant out of Clear Creek County, making it unclear when he will be released.

https://twitter.com/lancebenzel/status/949346682944176128

I know but... What connection? Alluding to info gleaned from SM or even MSM commenters is, in reality, only rumor IMO. To my knowledge there is no known connection of DN to Delphi that day. KN has said publicly that she went to her ultrasound that day and some other conflicting information from her. Supposedly she took him to his check in the next day. But she is vague at best and unreliable, IMO.
Why can't that be said? Well who said it? is it verifiable? Or is it conjecture based on supposed plausibility. What business? The meat plant? Some have posited that maybe he worked there as RSO's share info on employment.
LOL I am just honestly asking, not challenging as it may seem.

So BBM:
It's not so much about names as it is about facts. That is why we depend on MSM / LE for information. If there were a link to DN's connection to Delphi that day from a reliable source including the social media guidelines then yes We would be free as a bird to discuss that. Otherwise why? I don't know but this is just me - To sleuth and arrive at a theory I need some facts to base it on. But like I said JMO.

I wonder though, about what others think as far as introducing info about a connection of DN to Delphi. Even just in general. If it seems like it's not allowed we could ask Admin/Mods.

Honestly sunsetbeach I was basically just jumping off your post, not directed at you just the subject in general. It's a wicked bone of contention it seems.So I wonder if anyone can support it with factual info.

:cow: :moo:

I have no idea where the person(s) got their info. It was stated as a matter of "fact" if my memory serves me correctly. Also it didn't read as though he was there the day the girls were killed, just that he had a connection to the town/area of Delphi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will sentencing happen today also, does anyone know?

From your link:

Nations gets 3 years on supervised probation, with 2-year suspended prison sentence if he violates conditions. @csgazette

This is exactly why we do not allow rumors.

I promise you there are some people out there who read this and think "Oh he has a connection to Delphi" when in fact we don't know.

Unless something has happened that I don't know about.

IF anyone can show a legitimate news source that points out a connection let's bring it and post it now.

Otherwise, within a few posts, this rumor is becoming fact and that is what we can't allow on Websleuths.

That's what I would like to know. One or more people here have the answer.

ETA: Like is the connection to a place or a person? I figured there was a reason why the poster didn't come right out and say what it was so I left it at that. However it is stuck in the back of my mind and really want to know and I don't see the harm as long as names are not used but that's just my opinion.

I have no idea where the person(s) got their info. It was stated as a matter of "fact" if my memory serves me correctly. Also it didn't read as though he was there the day the girls were killed, just that he had a connection to the town/area of Delphi.

I honestly don't have any recollection of this at all. There has been speculation as to whether or not DN has ties to Delphi but, so far, it's just been talk.

I am not understanding the judgment.

It worded kind of strange, isn't it? I'm assuming he got 5 years total; 3 on probation and 2 suspended (which he will have to serve if he violates his probation.

Added thought: I wonder how that will play with his sentences in Indiana. I assume he'll be brought back as soon as he's released... or will he stay out in Colorado?

It worded kind of strange, isn't it? I'm assuming he got 5 years total; 3 on probation and 2 suspended (which he will have to serve if he violates his probation.

Added thought: I wonder how that will play with his sentences in Indiana. I assume he'll be brought back as soon as he's released... or will he stay out in Colorado?
He will be on probation for 3 years with weekly check ins. Any violations and he will serve 2 years in prison. He has to go to Clear Creek county on 10 Jan regarding a false reporting warrant. Not sure if he then has to be extradited for the Indiana warrants. (If they are extraditable).
Apparently his probation is transferable to other states if agreed by the other state.

He will be on probation for 3 years with weekly check ins. Any violations and he will serve 2 years in prison. He has to go to Clear Creek county on 10 Jan regarding a false reporting warrant. Not sure if he then has to be extradited for the Indiana warrants. (If they are extraditable).
Apparently his probation is transferable to other states if agreed by the other state.

Thanks.

The way Benzel tweets, it sounds like the Clear Creek County warrant may be a non-issue.

Lance Benzel

@lancebenzel

·3h
Defense attorney says warrant is for missing a court hearing because he was jailed on these charges.

Lance Benzel

@lancebenzel

·3h
Although judge released his bond, Nations has an active warrant out of Clear Creek County, making it unclear when he will be released.

Wow, that'll sure teach him not to threaten people with a hatchet again, WTF? If DN isn't responsible for any murders, he sure is on a path towards that, and the "justice" system certainly isn't slowing him down any. I cannot believe he serves no time given his history.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is exactly why we do not allow rumors.

I promise you there are some people out there who read this and think "Oh he has a connection to Delphi" when in fact we don't know.

Unless something has happened that I don't know about.

IF anyone can show a legitimate news source that points out a connection let's bring it and post it now.

Otherwise, within a few posts, this rumor is becoming fact and that is what we can't allow on Websleuths.

I tried to find it in my "thanked" posts but I couldn't find it. A Mod may have deleted the post because like you said it may have been a rumor on SM. I'm sorry, I wasn't saying the information was fact but the way the poster worded it made it sound like it was. I'm not trying to spread rumors, it's just been in the back of my mind so I thought I would ask.

Is that the Mears property there on the left? I def recall it being said there was construction going on there and that there were workers sometimes standing around out front. I remember this very distinctly but alas I have no source.

No, this would be by the trail head or by the bridge that crosses Route 25 or the Hoosier Heartland Expressway. To get to the Mears property you would have to keep going past that house around the bend to the left, and then the Mears property would be on the right side, not the left.

When I watched GH's video, I was wondering what that building was next to it, so I was looking at that one. Over the Google Earth satellite time frame snap shots, there appears to be all the same cars there, except one~~A blue truck. Then tracing down, I had found this image and thought it was peculiar. It's like someone parked there to access the trail, albeit back in 2014. You can see a dirt trail leading from the car to the trail head.

I have a strong suspicion, BG is a rail buff.

Of course, IMHO only.

Wow, that'll sure teach him not to threaten people with a hatchet again, WTF? If DN isn't responsible for any murders, he sure is on a path towards that, and the "justice" system certainly isn't slowing him down any. I cannot believe he serves no time given his history.

He has to also get help for his mental problems and substance abuse. But no one knows whats happening in TW case.
Also noone seems to know if his indiana warrants are extraditable.

Well said. DN really likes his hatchets, it wouldn't come as a surprise if he's charged with threatening with it again at some point. Pretty sad.

The time of day and it being a weekday doesn't fit, but I've often wondered if BG maybe had a girlfriend in Delphi, possibly a few years ago. It could be that BG and his girlfriend went to that area to be intimate, maybe the girlfriend was married, or maybe it was just exciting. BG could have gone there in the hope of coming across a couple and quite possibly would have killed the man immediately and terrorised and killed the woman. The alternative is that he knew children weren't going to school that day. Somehow he knows that teenagers will go to that area unaccompanied, so it was worth a trip out to try his luck.

Either way, he may have been stalking around for several hours and becoming increasingly frustrated and even angry, as there were several adults there. Finally he spots the girls, this may not have been his planned quarry, but he's frustrated and he needs a 'kick'. He knows there's other people around and although they may not have seen him yet, the chances of being seen with the two girls is very high risk. So he's quick. He gets the girls under control (a gun/knife, threats to hurt one girl etc) and gets them to a 'safe' and unseen place asap.

I just think his past may lie in sex crimes. He started off as a peeping Tom and then moved into rape. He is undoubtedly a really horrible and frightening sexual partner. I think it's a wife or long term girlfriend who is the key to this. I hope to God they join up the dots sooner rather than later.
This perp started out as a peeping Tom and was paroled 19 days before the crime. I know of no ties to Indiana, but your profile of BG made me think of him.
http://www.annarbor.com/news/crime/...-federal-child-*advertiser censored*-charges/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beaverton