IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #79

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching a show on ID now...LE managed to eliminate four suspects in a double murder via DNA within a week. I can’t imagine LE is still waiting on DNA results in this case for months on end.

More likely DN and others did not match whatever it is they do have, but what they have may not be definitive as far as belonging to the killer, i.e found on an item or on clothing rather than on their bodies. But if DN or anyone matched anything found in the area, I can’t believe they would not have been charged. That would be pretty damning circumstantial evidence, unless the person knew the girls well or lived right in that specific area. So while they can’t rule people out who don’t match their evidence, I do feel they could likely rule them “in” with a match.

Or they are still considering multiple killers, though it seems unlikely. The girls seem to have spoken about only the one man, and if LE had evidence showing there were others, it would be very poor judgement to withhold that fact. Imo

He has to also get help for his mental problems and substance abuse. But no one knows whats happening in TW case.
Also noone seems to know if his indiana warrants are extraditable.

I couldn't clarify if his mental health evaluation would be ongoing thru-out his probation. He said that he was treated for PTSD and severe anxiety in IN until he left the state. KN said he lost all reasoning when he came to CO. Does he need stabilizing meds? Is that why he threatened people with a hatchet? Is that why he smoked so much THC? Self medicating? KN knew he was no longer being medicated imo. She knew exactly what she was saying in her interviews! Let's remember, her mom is/was a psych nurse. Is this how they met? Thru her mother? Does DN need meds to be rational? The general public needs to know this!

Here's a summary from the tweets:

Daniel J. Nations pleads guilty in hatchet threat on Mr. Herman. Officials show no sign of tying him to more serious crimes. Also pleaded guilty to weapons violation. Had .22 rifle despite felony conviction.
Nations gets 3 years on supervised probation, with 2-year suspended prison sentence if he violates conditions.
Although judge released his bond, Nations has an active warrant out of Clear Creek County, making it unclear when he will be released.
He pleaded guilty to menacing and a weapons violation. Prosecutors dismissed trespassing charges.
Today’s plea agreement settled all Nations’ pending cases in El Paso and Teller counties, except for custody case.

from court dockets:

Docket for: Clear Creek County - Clear Creek County Courthouse

Date Len Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
1/10/18
9:30 AM 1H NATIONS, DANIEL Appearance of Counsel C102017M222 Clear Creek County Courtroom F

Here's a summary from the tweets:

Daniel J. Nations pleads guilty in hatchet threat on Mr. Herman. Officials show no sign of tying him to more serious crimes. Also pleaded guilty to weapons violation. Had .22 rifle despite felony conviction.
Nations gets 3 years on supervised probation, with 2-year suspended prison sentence if he violates conditions.
Although judge released his bond, Nations has an active warrant out of Clear Creek County, making it unclear when he will be released.
He pleaded guilty to menacing and a weapons violation. Prosecutors dismissed trespassing charges.
Today’s plea agreement settled all Nations’ pending cases in El Paso and Teller counties, except for custody case.

from court dockets:

Docket for: Clear Creek County - Clear Creek County Courthouse

Date Len Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
1/10/18
9:30 AM 1H NATIONS, DANIEL Appearance of Counsel C102017M222 Clear Creek County Courtroom F
TY Niner. Do you have any info on RL's modification hearing? Isn't that also on the 10th?

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/09/28/daniel-nations-double-murder-indiana-el-paso-county/

This link ( one of the early ones) mentions the Clear Creek charges that are the only outstanding ones in Co now. The article mentions providing false information on the 18th July in Georgetown Co.

This was the date that he missed a Court appearance in Indiana and detectives were looking for him and even telephoning him. So he knew he was wanted by them and that was his reason for giving false information IMO.

I just reviewed some of the initial media/LE reports. A few things stuck out again:
-They have DNA from crime scene
-A week in, they did not have evidence that the perp and girls corresponded before
-He may not have acted alone
-they think BG had a brown fanny pack on. I am not sure if that is a fanny pack or brown tee shirt.
-of course the audio and video of BG.

I know we can't sleuth unnamed POIs, but can we conjure up some new general ideas of who BG could be? DN is not my pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So wanted it to be DN but I am now pretty sure it isn’t....
However I do believe it will be someone like him - crazy as a fox 🦊 and history of sexual deviance and violence towards women.

Hope this is in TOS:
-Did Libby live with her grandparents? If so, Where are her parents?
-Libby had 500+ friends on FB while Abby only had 38. Maybe Libby's SM settings tipped someone off to location.
-the 2 girls were not as small as I pictured and the perp would have had to be pretty strong, bold, and prepared to take them both on.

So DN has now been convicted of menacing with a hatchet and being a felon in possession of a weapon. This should actually move him up the POI interest stakes as we now know for sure he is capable of it. Previously it was all just allegations. He still needs to explain his whereabouts on 13th February AFAICS.

Hope this is in TOS:
-Did Libby live with her grandparents? If so, Where are her parents?
-Libby had 500+ friends on FB while Abby only had 38. Maybe Libby's SM settings tipped someone off to location.
-the 2 girls were not as small as I pictured and the perp would have had to be pretty strong, bold, and prepared to take them both on.

-Yes Libby lived with her grandparents. They lived just outside of Delphi and are the same couple frequently featured in the media incl Dr Phil, requesting assistance in solving the case.
-A SM connection has been discussed many times, one of numerous possible theories. No doubt it's an investigate avenue LE has followed as well.
-I agree, the girls weren't tiny children. Libby's other grandfather said she was "strong-willed" and he speculated she would've put up a fight. That's the basis to my own personal theory of an abduction that resulted in their deaths as they attempted to flee. LE obviously know more than we do and they believe BG is the key to solving the crime. But I've never seen it conclusively stated that they've concluded only one perpetrator was involved.

He will be on probation for 3 years with weekly check ins. Any violations and he will serve 2 years in prison. He has to go to Clear Creek county on 10 Jan regarding a false reporting warrant. Not sure if he then has to be extradited for the Indiana warrants. (If they are extraditable).
Apparently his probation is transferable to other states if agreed by the other state.

Being on probation for three years with weekly check-ins is an imprisonment in itself. I went to Physical Therapy twice a week for three months and felt robbed of my freedom! When considering DNs propensity to act hedonistically, three years with check-ins is a very long time. It is not supposed to be easy to conform to the Judge's ruling or else there would be no form of punishment at all.

Does DN need to ask a state for permission to reside in that state? If so, just shoot me now for I could not handle these stringent restrictions on my livelihood.

He will be on probation for 3 years with weekly check ins. Any violations and he will serve 2 years in prison. He has to go to Clear Creek county on 10 Jan regarding a false reporting warrant. Not sure if he then has to be extradited for the Indiana warrants. (If they are extraditable).
Apparently his probation is transferable to other states if agreed by the other state.

RBBM

Is there a source for the weekly check ins being required? TIA

I do not expect more than a blanket statement from LE such as, "we continue to track down leads...". If they offer more than that then, I will be delighted to be wrong.

I remain perplexed about how BG was able to do whatever he did within the tight timeframe.

One thing that I do know is that LE used a metal detector during their search on RLs property. What I don't know is if they found anything helpful or not.
Do you have a source link for the metal detector? That's very interesting if true.

yes, what is it???? I never heard this. MOO
The only possible connections is thru employment IMO. IP employ RSO's and DN is a RSO so he could know Delphi indirectly. He used to have connections to a pig farm. He used to work for a Zionsville construction company only 60 miles south of Delphi.
:moo: :cow:

Being on probation for three years with weekly check-ins is an imprisonment in itself. I went to Physical Therapy twice a week for three months and felt robbed of my freedom! When considering DNs propensity to act hedonistically, three years with check-ins is a very long time. It is not supposed to be easy to conform to the Judge's ruling or else there would be no form of punishment at all.

Does DN need to ask a state for permission to reside in that state? If so, just shoot me now for I could not handle these stringent restrictions on my livelihood.
How do you think he will cope? Do you think prison is better? He is used to checking in as a RSO (although he has not been good at that) so I think he will wing it if he is serious enough.
:cow:

https://m.gazette.com/article/1618455?TC_SC_REF

A bit more detail in this article:

The judge lifted an order that stated DN's attorney had to be present when interviewed.
TW was found in a shallow grave.
LE wanted a prison sentence.

Hmmmm

Lots of interesting tidbits in that article. DN didn't talk about TW's or girls' murder. He disputes claims made in the menacing case but plead guilty to take advantage of the plea bargain. (There were multiple menacing incidents called in over a span of weeks, involving both a couple and a man, but for whatever reason in court it was only the 8/23 incident he was charged with.)
Except for owning up to having the .22 , it seems he feels he really didn't do much of anything else wrong. So why would he think local media would be interested in bailing him out in exchange for an interview with him?
"His concerns about his children echoed comments Nations made in a postcard to a Gazette reporter, in which he offered to be interviewed if the reporter could help him post bond so that he could "get my babies back from this state." The newspaper declined."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member