IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Old but relevent.
http://www.wdrb.com/story/36134958/...eved-to-have-killed-2-girls-in-delphi-indiana
Posted: Aug 14, 2017 8:04 PM MDT Updated: Aug 14, 2017 9:00 PM MDT
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- The lead detective investigating the killings of two Indiana girls said they have more audio of the killer's voice.
Abby Williams and Libby German were killed in February while out on a walk at the Delphi historic trails.

Police released an audio clip recorded on Libby's cell phone of what's believed to be the killer's voice saying "Down the Hill." Police now say they have even more from her phone.
"We have only released a portion of it," said Sgt. Jerry Holeman with Indiana State Police. "There are some others we think could help us, but again, protecting the integrity of the investigation is key. So we cant release everything, because there are certain people that know the details."

Additional Audio - check
Multiple suspects - sure sounds that way

Police also said the recovered DNA evidence from the crime scene.

DNA - check

Several people say they saw the killer on the trails the day Abby and Libby died, which helped police develop a composite sketch released last month.

Multiple witnesses - check
Sketch from Witnesses - check

If you read between the lines the detectives have far more evidence than what we can even speculate on, including IMO clear images of the suspect(s) face(s) on video, which would explain why they released several poor quality stills but no video. So Paragon testing probably isn't needed. It could also explain why they discounted DN so quickly. They went to CO, saw his face, compared it to their video, and then turned around and left CO. Personally, I still find him to be a legitimate POI regardless. I'm still in shock that he wasn't charged in the death of TW.

IMO what they are looking for is someone to put a name to the sketch. And they are embarrassed because they cannot do that. I also believe they have a linguist working the case and that is why they have contacted the GA state police for help. Perhaps they identified the accent as being from that area?

Out of everything though, the biggest unanswered question I have is how we have BG on top of the bridge being seen by a witness, along with others being seen below the bridge, and then BG tells the girls to go down the hill and commits the crime without being seen or heard by those same people under the bridge. The timeline does not provide enough time for those seen under the bridge by the witnesses to have left the scene without seeing BG or hearing the murders take place. So IMO everything points to more than one person and those seen under the bridge as suspects also in the crime.

The other option is of course.... that the additional people under the bridge were/are witnesses providing the details for the sketch.

What people under the bridge? I have not seen anything about witnesses seeing people under the bridge. I have seen no mention of a witness seeing BG on the bridge either. Where is this info coming from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The PC was dismal. There is zero indication or real reason to think LE has any idea who BG. The most they can say is it was not any of those investigated. Jmo

I agree. I think LE is blowing smoke by saying they have more info but will not release it. Were it not for the girls, they would have nothing at all.

Maybe this has been answered but with LE confirming there is more to the video and audio than what was shown, they’re not releasing it so it doesnt compromise any future trial.

Could someone tell me their opinion on that? How would releasing more bring harm to the court case when we have yet to see an arrest, let alone a suspect? How could it do more harm than good?

Two girls are dead and a year later, the public and LE have nothing to show or tell the public and it doesn’t seem like theyre making ANY progress other than hinting with wishy-washy statements that are as vague as possible.

No clue. Would only be heinous speculation.

In a tree? I don't think so but only because of some of the rumors I've heard of the conditions of their bodies. Unless there were parts in trees and parts under leaves. So sorry to even think about it let alone write it. :anguish:

In a tree? I don't think so but only because of some of the rumors I've heard of the conditions of their bodies. Unless there were parts in trees and parts under leaves. So sorry to even think about it let alone write it. :anguish:

Yeah I can’t bring myself to post my similar thought. [emoji20]

Sorry but I still think it totally INSANE the search was called off around midnight! WTH??? I don't understand. Where did they think these girls were??? What were they thinking at that time??? Not seeking to blame any one but - I have never understood this at all. Seriously. What if the girls had been taken into a building in the vicinity and were being molested? Just call it off for the night? Whaaaaaattttttt??? WHY?????
Yes - I remember hearing that they called off the search on the news that night - I thought at the time “what’s wrong with the police?, they think the worst thing is that the girls will have a cold night?”
Well, they blew it - and sometimes I think LE won’t release more details because it shames them that a terrible crime happpened and they stood down.

I really think this case has been very heartfelt and disturbing to Carter. He appears to me to be a man in pain. I think he really cares and is doing his best to solve this. He saw the girls when they were found and has become close with the families. I don't think he can get the images out of his mind! He knows there is a monster out there and he just can't catch him yet! I think this man is tormented by what he saw! I do not think he will ever give up until BG is caught!

I assumed searchers were down at creek level and the ground slopes up to cemetery. The deer were up the slope and searcher saw the deer up higher and then the girls lower down the slope. My interpretation.
We were originally told a searcher followed a set of footprints.

Now I'm confused. RLs home is on the same road as the cemetery correct? So if they went to his home from the trails they wouldn't have crossed the creek. If they went from the S end of the bridge they would have.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
The last place the girls were seen was on the bridge on the opposite side of the creek to RL s. (The Snapchat photo). It would make sense to start the search there. By 6- 6:30 I guess they were expanding their search so wanted to go upstream from bridge. They had mainly looked downstream from bridge initially IIRC.

There is a deer stand structure high up that we have previously discussed BG could have been waiting in. Hunters use them.

Thanks. I know what they are used for but I don't recall reading anything concrete about there being one, just speculation, but I'm probably not remembering right. After all, we are on thread 82!
The article a few posts back mentioned the man saw 2 deers standing there and when he looked up he saw them. (the girls)

I think the sketch is meaningless. Forget the hat...don’t look at the face. What??? No wonder they are not showing it...jmo
They were so hopeful and excited when they issued that sketch. Big press announcement - not gonna be a presser then there is a presser. What has gone wrong with this approach? They said it was a clearer picture of BG's face and it was partly done from the BG pic and from witnesses.

Thanks. I know what they are used for but I don't recall reading anything concrete about there being one, just speculation, but I'm probably not remembering right. After all, we are on thread 82!
The article a few posts back mentioned the man saw 2 deers standing there and when he looked up he saw them. (the girls)

IIRC, it was spotted on the lengthy helicopter video of the search after the girls were located.

I think, the Parabon pic of the 2007 perp resembles the BG sketch of 2017 (which is painted without the help of Parabon technique, I believe).
The original poster may call the tip in.

but wouldnt they have a match on the dna then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member