GUILTY IN - Aleah Beckerle, 19, Disabled, Evansville, 16 July 2016 #2 **arrest**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wonder why it wasn't considered abandoned when the neighbors say it's been empty for 6-7 years and the government was getting ready to take ownership?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the press conference he said something like a company (?) holds the title and therefore the house didn't end up on their list. I can't recall his exact phrasing though.

I just cannot for the life of me imagine what the motive would be.

Really? I can think of two very clear motives. Both break my heart. RIP, sweet girl. You didn't deserve this.

A tip led to the remains. I wonder if the tipster had a legal right to be in the house and found the remains, or if the tip came from someone who had direct knowledge of her death?

Interesting as the longer time owner seems to be associated with the llc and from the memo at the bottom, it seems the house has been in bad shape for 14-15 years.

ETA: it appears they own several properties exactly like this. This one is the only one assessed for more than $20,000. Wonder if all of them are empty?

Wonder why it wasn't considered abandoned when the neighbors say it's been empty for 6-7 years and the government was getting ready to take ownership?

It's a major issue in the area where people are forming LLCs to buy houses and rent them out until they get too difficult to maintain and then abandon them. The city can't take the house unless the owner doesn't pay their taxes. If they don't, then they go up for tax sale (this home did) and if they are not sold, they are currently being put into the city's land bank so they demolish the home. This home will soon be in the land bank and will be demolished.

There's a Facebook page about the abandoned home issue in the area called Who Owns That? that does a better job of explaining it.

He said none of this had to have happened and blames the county for the house still being there. Huh? That has nothing to do with it. Her body would have been found somewhere else if the house wasn't there. Am I dense? That's what he meant, right?

This video is part of a larger series that he's working on. Basically he's saying that there are many houses like this all over Evansville that have fallen by the wayside and the government could do something about it if they wanted to, they just haven't (Indiana passed a law but the local government hasn't put it into effect). If they had done something, this house would have been up for demolition like many others and it would have been searched earlier. If she was there, she would have been found earlier.

This video is part of a larger series that he's working on. Basically he's saying that there are many houses like this all over Evansville that have fallen by the wayside and the government could do something about it if they wanted to, they just haven't (Indiana passed a law but the local government hasn't put it into effect). If they had done something, this house would have been up for demolition like many others and it would have been searched earlier. If she was there, she would have been found earlier.

Thanks! Now I understand where he was going with this.

RIP sweet girl. :rose:

Interesting as the longer time owner seems to be associated with the llc and from the memo at the bottom, it seems the house has been in bad shape for 14-15 years.

ETA: it appears they own several properties exactly like this. This one is the only one assessed for more than $20,000. Wonder if all of them are empty?

my question isnt just for this house onwer in particular, but for the ones who own homes that are empty and keeps them empty. why keep them?

my question isnt just for this house onwer in particular, but for the ones who own homes that are empty and keeps them empty. why keep them?

Because they're tough to offload and they often haven't paid their property taxes in a looooonnnggg time so they'll have to pony up that money if they want to get rid of it OR find a buyer who will pay it off. They often create an LLC for each property (for example, one might be EVV Realty 612 Main, LLC and another might be EVV Realty 722 First, LLC) and then when they can't rent the house anymore, they just say that LLC is out of money and they close up shop for that one.

Aleah has been weighing on my heart recently! I am SO glad she has been found. PTL. She can be laid to rest properly. And the animals who led to her death will be found out finally. Bless this sweet young lady and those who loved her and all of those who have searched for her and prayed for her.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

:rose: RIP Sweet Aleah :rose:

Hoping Justice is swift in this case!

Have the EPD have "any" suspects??

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads