IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks. RIP, Tiffany and little one. So sad. One thought: She went missing during a very short walk, if the article is correct:

"She was last seen walking from her father’s home on North Broad Street in Sullivan to her mother’s house, nearly one block away."

That's the one thing that reminded me of LS' case. I'm assuming the circumstances are very different, though.

I think that the family is being looked at as persons of interest in The case of Tiffanie. So, in both that case and Lauren's case, it's likely that someone familiar to the victim is responsible for the crime. I realize we don't have a public announcement of a crime in Lauren's case but that doesn't stop me from believing that's exactly what it is.

Happy New Year, everyone.

I can't believe another year has gone by and Lauren is still missing. And missed.

Hoping that 2015 will be the year for answers and sending wishes for continued strength and hope for her loved ones.

I think that the family is being looked at as persons of interest in The case of Tiffanie. So, in both that case and Lauren's case, it's likely that someone familiar to the victim is responsible for the crime. I realize we don't have a public announcement of a crime in Lauren's case but that doesn't stop me from believing that's exactly what it is.

bbm my first thought when I read article...

Has there been any update about the body found in the Edinburgh, In area?
Not that I know of. On the other hand, I don't think any identification was ever made public regarding the two sets of male human remains found in Bloomington in 2014. And in one case (on the east side), LE said they thought it might be a missing person they had been seeking. Perhaps when identifications are made, the family has a choice whether or not to make the identification public. Or perhaps the remains are still unidentified.

Perhaps when identifications are made, the family has a choice whether or not to make the identification public. Or perhaps the remains are still unidentified.

Probably more likely the local news didn't bother to follow up.

Today would be Lauren's 24th birthday. Hope this is solved soon!

I am hoping that the Spierer family gets closure on their missing daughter this year.

I am hoping that the Spierer family gets closure on their missing daughter this year.

I really wish we had more go on in this case. I so want closure for LS and her parents. One thought I've had of late concerns that odor in Martinsville on June 19th. Here's the link:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/fresh-leads-send-spierer-search-to-martinsville

I'm curious if LS could possibly have been temporarily buried under this pile of dirt and then moved. IDK if an odor would have been left under such a circumstance ... or even why such a move would have occurred. But I do know that another young woman in MI (Carly Lewis) was killed in a shed and then put under a pile of sand that same year:

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2011/06/lawyer_says_teen_suspect_in_de.html

My question, I guess, is whether LS' body could have been moved from one location to another. Also, there was that fire in Martinsville, although that was two days prior, from what I can tell. Just something to possibly talk about. I hate seeing this case go cold.

I really wish we had more go on in this case. I so want closure for LS and her parents. One thought I've had of late concerns that odor in Martinsville on June 19th. Here's the link:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/fresh-leads-send-spierer-search-to-martinsville

I'm curious if LS could possibly have been temporarily buried under this pile of dirt and then moved. IDK if an odor would have been left under such a circumstance ... or even why such a move would have occurred. But I do know that another young woman in MI (Carly Lewis) was killed in a shed and then put under a pile of sand that same year:

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2011/06/lawyer_says_teen_suspect_in_de.html

My question, I guess, is whether LS' body could have been moved from one location to another. Also, there was that fire in Martinsville, although that was two days prior, from what I can tell. Just something to possibly talk about. I hate seeing this case go cold.

So did I. But it has. I think that it will be some accidental find if it happens, that Lauren's remains will surface. This is what has happened with some such cases. I think she was hidden well off the beaten track.

So did I. But it has. I think that it will be some accidental find if it happens, that Lauren's remains will surface. This is what has happened with some such cases. I think she was hidden well off the beaten track.

I still think somebody is going to talk. Time changes a lot of things. Your heart and compassion change as you grow older and wiser. You can't keep a secret like that inside and be at peace. JMO

I find the location mentioned in this anonymous tip to be meaningful. My hunch about this case at this point is that Lauren was a casualty of a drug market connecting Indianapolis and Bloomington. Indianapolis has plenty of criminals; and Bloomington has plenty of young, rich cocaine users.

Myself, I grew up in Terre Haute, and I used to drive between Terre Haute and Bloomington a lot. It seems to me, if I were in Bloomington one night, and I suddenly had a body I had to get rid of, I would just start driving toward Terre Haute (simply because that's the route I'm most familiar with), and dump the body somewhere between here and there, whenever a suitable-looking spot presented itself. If, then, as I suspect, the people getting rid of Lauren's body were from Indy, then it makes perfect sense, according to this way of thinking, that the body would end up in Martinsville.

I remember hearing of one case, where two young boys lured their friend out into the woods, murdered him, and buried him under some logs. Extensive search parties scoured the woods, and they just somehow missed the body. If wasn't until a cold-case detective years later noticed some strange things in the transcripts of the boys' original interview that he went back to interrogate them, and got a confession. One of the boys lead him to where the body (now bones) had been buried, and it was right there in woods, in a spot that just happened to be missed.

So, maybe Lauren's body is still just south of Martinsville, off of 37. Think about this: how many people notice a smell when driving down the highway? The article doesn't mention the police detecting the smell themselves, once they got there. Maybe the smell wasn't coming from the ground at all, but from the anonymous tipster's own tortured consciousness.

I don't think this case is cold. I know that the last time there was an update was quite a while ago but I believe it's still an active case- there just isn't anything new to release to the public. That's not to say that the police don't have anything new, just that they don't have anything they can release. JMO

I always wondered if Lauren was buried in the area that was unearthed during the search on Fathers Day near Martinsville just after she disappeared. I thought she might have been buried and then the person(s) responsible might have been tipped off that there was going to be a search so they could have moved her and started the fire. Then two days later when there was a search she was already gone and the odor went with her. I don't know if this happened but I think it's one possibility.

I always wondered if Lauren was buried in the area that was unearthed during the search on Fathers Day near Martinsville just after she disappeared. I thought she might have been buried and then the person(s) responsible might have been tipped off that there was going to be a search so they could have moved her and started the fire. Then two days later when there was a search she was already gone and the odor went with her. I don't know if this happened but I think it's one possibility.

I was more or less thinking the same thing when I posted earlier. It seems really creepy to think of someone moving a corpse, but perhaps her body was encased in something (a sleeping bag or whatever?). OTOH, in the MI case I linked (Carly Lewis), her body was indeed moved.

FWIW, Martinsville got a lot of attention in the early threads of this case. It might be worth revisiting some of the posts.

I'd assume and hope the core PsOI were watched awfully closely during the initial phases of this case so if it was any of them involved in moving a body you'd think they'd have been tracked via cell phone if not followed.

Of course maybe that is how the Martinsville tip/search happened in the first place....

I'm not so sure it won't be solved intentionally. Even though I have things keeping me from posting more, Lauren is in my heart every day. So it is with thousands of people.
yes, thousands think of Lauren. As Mr. Spierer said, anything small can be big. One tiny spark can ignite this heavily banked wildfire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966