GUILTY IN - Skylea Carmack, 10, Gas City, Grant County, 31 Aug 2019 *stepmom arrested* *appeal filed 2022*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why, then, do these women ( thinking of SLP also) choose to home school their children? If nothing more, they would have been rid of them for six hours a day. How can a woman be allowed to home school 7 children ? I know that we all have rights etc. but if she had been in school, the step mother would have had respite for a few hours and SC would have most likely had at least one meal a day.
Couldn’t have written this up any better myself! Well voiced Rosiebones - I concur wholeheartedly x

IMO if not a bracelet, something else insignificant would've resulted in the same way.

Yeah, it's like what's wrong with these people? I think they have issues that make them want to become enraged with a helpless child. So she broke a frickin bracelet. World War III over that? How about, "Hey? That was mean to do to your sister's bracelet. She's pretty upset. Why did you do that? Please apologize to her. You're going to have to use your pocket money or work to buy her a new one. Destroying other people's things is not something we do."

But also, this kid was taken from one house and thrust into another wth multiple kids. Life is hard for kids to begin with. They're just trying to figure out the world. Sometimes they might act out a bit. Compassion. Paticence. Humor. All of that works better than anger and punishment.

I see too many parents that expect little children with their undeveloped brains to behave better and with more restraint and maturity than the adults do. And they want to harshly punish kids for any transgression.

I see it everywhere. An example? There's this reality show family. The Little Couple. Really nice people. Adopted two kids from overseas who have achondroplasia. They seem like great parents.

The kids are filmed during exciting times like parties, celebrations, trips. So sometimes they're a bit wound up and feisty. Or overstimulated or tired. But pretty normal, sweet kids.

The amount of nasty comments about this family on social media is astounding. How spoiled the kids are. How they can't watch the show anymore because these perfectly normal kids are out of control. It's ridiculous. But it's not just that family. It's everywhere online you see harsh judgment of parenting and of kids and constant accolades for parents who use severe corporal punishment or humiliation to discipline kids.

I think that attitude which seems so pervasive in the US fuels savages like this step mother. It gives them an excuse to harshly "deal" with their child and increase the severity each time the poor kid isn't absolutely perfect.

Soon they're just looking for reasons to hurt their kids.

I wish we could treat kids better in this country in general. Not expect them to control their emotions and behavior better than adults. They need calm and fair limits. But to expect so much? Especially of kids who have been through or are going through something hard? Poor babies.

I think if we had a more understanding and compassionate attitude toward child rearing, people would be less likely to feel it's okay to hurt kids as a form of discipline.

I mean this woman was posting on social media about how the child was hiding food and stealing candy and her outraged frustration was off the charts. Yet she chose to homeschool 7 kids? Why not get them out of your hair for awhile every day?

It's like she wanted an excuse to be angry. And instead of her FB friends saying, "You sound frustrated. Can I take her for you for a few days?" They just commiserated as if it was normal to be that incensed by what the poor, confused kid was doing.

Why, then, do these women ( thinking of SLP also) choose to home school their children? If nothing more, they would have been rid of them for six hours a day. How can a woman be allowed to home school 7 children ? I know that we all have rights etc. but if she had been in school, the step mother would have had respite for a few hours and SC would have most likely had at least one meal a day.
IMO CP used home school to cover up the heinous abuse of SLP at the hands of her husband/SLP's step-father. I think this woman used home schooling to continue her abuse - without outside intervention IMO. I think we will find that she was a long-term victim JMO. I also believe home-schoolers should have to have some type of external check - what that is, who pays for it, etc. I have no idea. I'm just sad for this little girl.

Yeah, it's like what's wrong with these people? I think they have issues that make them want to become enraged with a helpless child. So she broke a frickin bracelet. World War III over that? How about, "Hey? That was mean to do to your sister's bracelet. She's pretty upset. Why did you do that? Please apologize to her. You're going to have to use your pocket money or work to buy her a new one. Destroying other people's things is not something we do."

But also, this kid was taken from one house and thrust into another wth multiple kids. Life is hard for kids to begin with. They're just trying to figure out the world. Sometimes they might act out a bit. Compassion. Paticence. Humor. All of that works better than anger and punishment.

I see too many parents that expect little children with their undeveloped brains to behave better and with more restraint and maturity than the adults do. And they want to harshly punish kids for any transgression.

I see it everywhere. An example? There's this reality show family. The Little Couple. Really nice people. Adopted two kids from overseas who have achondroplasia. They seem like great parents.

The kids are filmed during exciting times like parties, celebrations, trips. So sometimes they're a bit wound up and feisty. Or overstimulated or tired. But pretty normal, sweet kids.

The amount of nasty comments about this family on social media is astounding. How spoiled the kids are. How they can't watch the show anymore because these perfectly normal kids are out of control. It's ridiculous. But it's not just that family. It's everywhere online you see harsh judgment of parenting and of kids and constant accolades for parents who use severe corporal punishment or humiliation to discipline kids.

I think that attitude which seems so pervasive in the US fuels savages like this step mother. It gives them an excuse to harshly "deal" with their child and increase the severity each time the poor kid isn't absolutely perfect.

Soon they're just looking for reasons to hurt their kids.

I wish we could treat kids better in this country in general. Not expect them to control their emotions and behavior better than adults. They need calm and fair limits. But to expect so much? Especially of kids who have been through or are going through something hard? Poor babies.

I think if we had a more understanding and compassionate attitude toward child rearing, people would be less likely to feel it's okay to hurt kids as a form of discipline.

I mean this woman was posting on social media about how the child was hiding food and stealing candy and her outraged frustration was off the charts. Yet she chose to homeschool 7 kids? Why not get them out of your hair for awhile every day?

It's like she wanted an excuse to be angry. And instead of her FB friends saying, "You sound frustrated. Can I take her for you for a few days?" They just commiserated as if it was normal to be that incensed by what the poor, confused kid was doing.
I could not agree more and I sincerely hope those "friends" who encouraged her are having nightmares now. It's a gang mentality IMO.

And I don't believe AC just 'snapped', and was perfectly kind at all other times.
Pretty sure that'll be her defense at trial.
Or, she 'blacked out' and doesn't remember anything.

My .02 is that at some point AC realized this girl was not going to 'bond' with her. (Maybe Skylea was in fear and terror ??)

And AC started to loathe Skylea.

As in, "...how dare she not appreciate all that I'm doing for her ? ... Doesn't Skylea know what I'm going through ?", etc.
Ad nauseam.

I also believe home-schoolers should have to have some type of external check - what that is, who pays for it, etc. I have no idea. I'm just sad for this little girl.

I agree and it should come from tax money, the same as our public education system. The majority of homeschoolers are NOT avoiding CPS and are actually saving the local school system money. Those kids are still deserving of some public funding to ensure they are getting some level of education and protection from the government. I think a once a semester meeting with the local school guidance counselor to check in and ask about what they are learning, how they feel they are progressing, if they would prefer to be in a traditional classroom setting, etc is completely reasonable and not invasive. God knows CPS is already overworked and many consider any encounter with them to be a judgement.

And didn't any of AC's friends or Skylea's family (other than her brother) -- see that she was dangerous ?

It's usually a slow progression I think. And many probably think her strict and harsh discipline was good parenting. Then when it gets too far they hide it behind closed doors. "We're homeschooling...Sky is being punished and can't come to the party today....Sky is sick."

Omg. Although we knew something seemed foul, I still wasn’t prepared. Wow. Another case that sends me reeling over CPS. 7 kids/2 adults, 2 bedroom home? Search for a missing child doesn’t include exteriors of the home? Sigh.MOO EBM
Ita.

I also find it considerate of LE and the searchers who gave this family the benefit of the doubt !
So they started looking for her elsewhere, because the "disobedient child" had "run away".... :mad:

Which family member was it who suggested the search be expanded elsewhere ; outside of Gas City ?
Was that the one who claimed to have made it to Louisiana at the age of 12 --- so Kylea could be anywhere ?
Something is not right with some of the adults in this family. MOO

Probably because since she had run away before they started with that premise.
and now I am wondering if that was even true? Certainly would change the beginning of an investigation IMO. I wouldn't put it past this woman

ETA - just went back and reviewed the MSM where it was said she ran away before - it was the Dad who said this (and that she usually ran to his mother's).
Missing Indiana 10-Year-Old Found Strangled in Trash Bag Inside Shed, and Stepmother Is Arrested
Father of missing 10-year-old from Gas City speaks out

Last edited:
Totally agree- AC should not have been homeschooling. To say the least.

I will say that I know several people who home school multiple kids and they are great at it, do so because they like to, and sometimes their kids need specialized instruction. However, in this case (and others I’m sure) I think AC did it to play martyr. I’ve learned over the years not to underestimate how much some people are self-validated by being what to them is a martyr.

MOO.

Ita.

Which family member was it who suggested the search be expanded elsewhere ; outside of Gas City ?
Was that the one who claimed to have made it to Louisiana at the age of 12 --- so Kylea could be anywhere ?
Something is not right with some of the adults in this family. MOO
I think it was Stacey (bio mom)
who belongs to John Walsh.

Attachments

• 6D687E67-7B4E-47D8-8D7B-C06219D67E53.jpeg
    6D687E67-7B4E-47D8-8D7B-C06219D67E53.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 109
Unfortunately, we all knew this would be a tragedy at the hands of her stepmother. Step. The word “mother” belongs nowhere near this woman’s name.

Discarded her the way she thought of her-like trash. Poor girl.
BBM

The guinea pig in your avatar reminds me of my son's hamster he had several years ago.
Smart little cookie, she'd come running from the far end of her bin cage when he spoke to her -- and stand up, looking for her treats.
When she sadly passed from old age, we buried her under the Lilac bushes in her little fleece hidey hut.
A hamster.
My point is that some people care more about their pets in life and death, than this AC cared about her stepdaughter.

I cannot fathom placing a young girls' body in a garbage bag.

What was the exact horrifying manner of her murder ?
Possibly this evil thing used some form of garrote to distance herself from having to physically touch Skylea. :mad:

I'm also wondering if people will come forward and testify to the treatment they observed of these children ?

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1