Inconsistencies in DB's Story

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it took that long, if you believe JI. When he got home, he didn't automatically notice BL was missing. He went to wake DB, asked her about the lights, etc. They also went to the neighbors (I think). Consider that took about 12-15 minutes and there is your gap. I think anything longer than that (say for example a half hour) and then it's a little more suspect.
Plus we don't know what time he actually started his call to 911. The 3 times I have had to call 911 I got put on hold. Two times it was just for a moment, but one time it was far too long and it was a motorcycle accident that time was very important for the person that wrecked. Plus adding how long it took for him to explain the situation and for it to finally be dispatched.

Instead of editing my former post, here you go:

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_...ssing-10-month-old-girl-in-kcmo#ixzz1ZpAwIcR2

"According to a news release, officers believe a suspect "entered/exited through a bedroom window." Police also say that evidence suggests the child has been abducted."
Key words officers believe. Nothing about JI
JI made the 911 call...if IIRC. If you go to the scanner thread you will see the initial scanner reports. Dispatchers are trained to be detailed - it's like the most important part of their job. So, though I did not hear the 911 call, and I never claimed to have heard the 911 call, I hope that I would be safe in assuming the dispatcher knew the difference between computer room and bedroom - or living room or bathroom. My point was to agree with DeAnn - the initial reports, by whomever, was that the entry/exit point was a bedroom window.

Amber alert poster made the day of the abduction:
As we are seeing in the Powell case, dispatchers do NOT always give what should be the most important details to the responding officers. So we can't assume at all they gave the correct information.

Sorry, call me a prude, but this is a HUGE pet peeve of mine in this case! DB is NOT his wife! In fact, she is the wife of another man. When I saw them on Dr. Phil talking about their "family," I wanted to scream and throw things at my tv. DB is SB's wife. She moved in with another man and got knocked up and had a child with somebody that is NOT her husband. People can spin it any way they want. It's a fact.

ETA-not picking on you at all natsound. . .just jumping off your post. :)

Ugh, you're right. I haven't been on the boards in weeks, and I stepped away from this case for a while, so I forgot that detail about the shacking-up situation.

I was doing some digging in my old links today and I found this. On Oct 7th DB and JI did an interview with the today show, here:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44813...baby-i-reached-my-boiling-point/#.Treqs3JIuOe

This is an extended version of that interview. You can't hear the questions:

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/region_missouri/northland/lisa-irwins-parents-to-speak-with-today-show

Thank you for posting this. I remember this interview VERY well. This was the very first time I had heard of Lisa. It sparked my interest in this case. I have followed it ever since. There was just something that drew me to this case, and to Lisa. I found myself seeking news about it every day. It is what lead me here to Websleuths. Which I enjoy, very interesting to read all the different views, opinions and theories. Not to mention all of the latest news and updates. You're all great.

I was doing some digging in my old links today and I found this. On Oct 7th DB and JI did an interview with the today show, here:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44813...baby-i-reached-my-boiling-point/#.Treqs3JIuOe

This is an extended version of that interview. You can't hear the questions:

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/region_missouri/northland/lisa-irwins-parents-to-speak-with-today-show

This is a disturbing interview imo because watching this I could believe she is sincere and very much upset about Lisa being missing and that he doesn't know what happened to Lisa. Everything they say sounds like the right things. They are cooperating, they don't care what anybody thinks about them, they just want Lisa found, they need to focus on Lisa, they want her home where she belongs, they're not mad, they know the police are just doing their job, they're thankful that the police are working so hard to find Lisa, they're grateful to a number of other people searching for Lisa and keeping her name and face out there, they'll do whatever it takes to bring Lisa home.

But it didn't take long for this interview turn into one long filmed inconsistency. The cooperation got worse or practically nonexistent. Doing anything to find Lisa did not include answering the vital questions the police needed to ask or talk to the local media to keep her name out there. Their lawyers gave me the notion that the family was very mad at the police for attacking them (none of that understanding that they need to do what they do) and it was implied that the police didn't do their job properly and none of the lawyer talk has sounded the tiniest bit like anybody was grateful for the police efforts. On the Dr. Phil show DB made a huge deal of what people think of her so that aspect seems to have faded too.

The lesson learned: Don't make promises that your lawyer won't let you keep.

We have several bedrooms we use for other purposes - including my sewing/craft room and computer rooms/offices for both of us. I think if I had to call 911, I'd probably refer to those rooms as "my sewing room" or "my husband's office," but they are actually bedrooms.

Just throwing it out there that if JI referred to it as a bedroom window, maybe it's because that's what it might have originally been?

I think we should compile a list of all the things DB has said.

:seeya: I totally agree ... and it's not just Deb's inconsistencies, it is what she actually SAYS that makes NO sense at all.

This is a statement from the Transcript of P McG Show :

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7570535&postcount=1280"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Deborah Bradley & Jeremy Irwin - Dr. Phil Interview - 3 February 2012 #2[/ame]

Dr.Phil: So Deb, if someone has this baby, what would you say to them?

DB: Please look beyond what you want and what you need. And what- and look at what she needs. What she wants. And she needs and wants to be with her parents and with her brothers. And um, we love her and her brothers more than anything in this world. And, we are dying here. It's been over three months and I would do anything to see her again. And, there's a hundred thousand dollars of reward for anybody that knows anything. You could be doing Lisa justice in bringing her back to her family where she belongs.

:shakehead::shakehead:

JMO ... but this is one the worst "pleas" from a mother of a "missing child" that I have ever heard ...

Makes no sense ... no sense at all ...

MOO ...

This is a disturbing interview imo because watching this I could believe she is sincere and very much upset about Lisa being missing and that he doesn't know what happened to Lisa. Everything they say sounds like the right things. They are cooperating, they don't care what anybody thinks about them, they just want Lisa found, they need to focus on Lisa, they want her home where she belongs, they're not mad, they know the police are just doing their job, they're thankful that the police are working so hard to find Lisa, they're grateful to a number of other people searching for Lisa and keeping her name and face out there, they'll do whatever it takes to bring Lisa home.

But it didn't take long for this interview turn into one long filmed inconsistency. The cooperation got worse or practically nonexistent. Doing anything to find Lisa did not include answering the vital questions the police needed to ask or talk to the local media to keep her name out there. Their lawyers gave me the notion that the family was very mad at the police for attacking them (none of that understanding that they need to do what they do) and it was implied that the police didn't do their job properly and none of the lawyer talk has sounded the tiniest bit like anybody was grateful for the police efforts. On the Dr. Phil show DB made a huge deal of what people think of her so that aspect seems to have faded too.

The lesson learned: Don't make promises that your lawyer won't let you keep.

You know...I watched this interview again and I remember that when I watched this for the first time, my heart went out to DB and JI. This was when I still felt that they had nothing to do with it.

In looking at this again, I see it differently. I do see that DB is terribly emotional and looks like she has been through hell (which I'm sure she had). But, to me, it looks like a woman who is terribly guilty and towards the end, when she glances at JI and says that he is a "good dad" and that he "takes care of me," she looks so sad for him and what he has to endure.

I don't know how much JI knows now or how much he knew then. I do feel 100% sure though that DB does know what happened to Lisa. I don't believe that it was anything intentional and I do feel that whatever did happen was an accident. But, for whatever reason, DB made the choice to cover the accident up, and now she has to live with that aspect of it.

I would love to be wrong in this. I'd love to see Lisa come home. I wish that a family member or someone who wanted a better life for Lisa would have taken her. I just don't see it that way. Sadly, far too many inconsistencies.

I don't know if this has been discussed yet: DB doesn't hear anything suspicious that night, likely because she was drunk. Yet she wakes up at 3:45 when Jeremy gets home. Is this because he was louder than the kidnapper? I don't think JI would want to be so loud when he got home to not wake up the kids. I'm confused as to whether he went in the bedroom and physically woke up DB because in some reports, it sounds as if DB was already awake. Did he nudge her awake? Whisper in her ear? Why would she wake up so easily for him and not for an intruder? JMO

I don't know if this has been discussed yet: DB doesn't hear anything suspicious that night, likely because she was drunk. Yet she wakes up at 3:45 when Jeremy gets home. Is this because he was louder than the kidnapper? I don't think JI would want to be so loud when he got home to not wake up the kids. I'm confused as to whether he went in the bedroom and physically woke up DB because in some reports, it sounds as if DB was already awake. Did he nudge her awake? Whisper in her ear? Why would she wake up so easily for him and not for an intruder? JMO
BBM
My guess would be that Jeremy wanted to wake up Debbie while an intruder would not. JMO.

if my b/f woke me up in the middle of the night to ask me about lights and a door, i'd be pissed. no reason to ask imo. plus, no doubt JI should've seen the empty wine box on the counter and accordingly think she'd been drinking and just forgot to turn off the lights and lock the door on the way to bed. if he hadn't checked on the baby yet and noticed her missing (which version was this?), there should've been no reason for JI to be alarmed - right? (i'm sure others posted about this... sorry to reiterate)... so why did he HAVE to wake up a fast asleep mother of a baby and step "mom" to two other children in the middle of the night after what was probably a loooong day for her? surely he'd have thought to just let her get her rest??! especially if he was usually the one to turn off the lights after her. an unlocked door shouldn't be too much cause for alarm imo.

this the story just doesn't add up for me. the only way it would is if he checked on all 3 kids and noticed lisa missing b4 he went to his bedroom... but according to the hinky meter: version 4.0:

Versions 4.0.1: (JI) comes home, finds door unlocked, lights on, goes straight to master bedroom, wakes up Deborah... “talked for a couple of minutes”. THEN he mentions the door was unlocked, and the lights were on... Debbie immediately jumps up... THEN they find Lisa is gone from her crib.

how many of your b/fs and hubs would wake YOU up just b/c lights were left on and a door was unlocked? especially if nothing else appeared to be amiss, and empty wine bottles were on the counter... wouldn't he simply think "hope she had fun!"?

if my b/f woke me up in the middle of the night to ask me about lights and a door, i'd be pissed. no reason to ask imo. plus, no doubt JI should've seen the empty wine box on the counter and accordingly think she'd been drinking and just forgot to turn off the lights and lock the door on the way to bed. if he hadn't checked on the baby yet and noticed her missing (which version was this?), there should've been no reason for JI to be alarmed - right? (i'm sure others posted about this... sorry to reiterate)... so why did he HAVE to wake up a fast asleep mother of a baby and step "mom" to two other children in the middle of the night after what was probably a loooong day for her? surely he'd have thought to just let her get her rest??! especially if he was usually the one to turn off the lights after her. an unlocked door shouldn't be too much cause for alarm imo.

this the story just doesn't add up for me. the only way it would is if he checked on all 3 kids and noticed lisa missing b4 he went to his bedroom... but according to the hinky meter: version 4.0:

Versions 4.0.1: (JI) comes home, finds door unlocked, lights on, goes straight to master bedroom, wakes up Deborah... “talked for a couple of minutes”. THEN he mentions the door was unlocked, and the lights were on... Debbie immediately jumps up... THEN they find Lisa is gone from her crib.

how many of your b/fs and hubs would wake YOU up just b/c lights were left on and a door was unlocked? especially if nothing else appeared to be amiss, and empty wine bottles were on the counter... wouldn't he simply think "hope she had fun!"?

I'm not sure who had the longer day, Jeremy who worked a regular shift and went to Starbucks for some overtime work, or Debbie who was home with the kids? That question can open a hornets nest.

I'll leave the "what would your boyfriend or husband" do for any of the women here to answer.

I'd be po'd too if he woke me ~ however, I can see him being po'd also, coming home from working overtime far longer than he thought to find lights on, door unlocked, CHILD AND KITTEN in his bed when he just wants to pass out. I think that's why he woke her.

I don't think the wine box was empty though, I believe Cydny Short said the police had taken the bag to measure the remaining amount.

sorry-- "empty" wasn't my point... the fact he'd notice she'd been drinking was.

but he could've just moved the boy to their room and asked about the kitten in the morning. if he just wanted to pass out, he could've in this scenario imo. nothing really alarming... yet. but then again, JI's (a guy's/parent's) mindset might be totally different than mine lol

I'd be po'd too if he woke me ~ however, I can see him being po'd also, coming home from working overtime far longer than he thought to find lights on, door unlocked, CHILD AND KITTEN in his bed when he just wants to pass out. I think that's why he woke her.

I don't think the wine box was empty though, I believe Cydny Short said the police had taken the bag to measure the remaining amount.

I think my husband would be a little ticked off too if he came home to that. And he WOULD probably wake me up, just because he was tired and grumpy and mad about the electric bill, etc. And my hubby HATED it when the kids were in our bed. They would kick, and roll and no one would get any sleep. So no, I don't see anything odd about Jeremy waking her up under those circumstances.

sorry-- "empty" wasn't my point... the fact he'd notice she'd been drinking was.

but he could've just moved the boy to their room and asked about the kitten in the morning. if he just wanted to pass out, he could've in this scenario imo. nothing really alarming... yet. but then again, JI's (a guy's/parent's) mindset might be totally different than mine lol

He thought something was wrong when he saw the lights and window up. Perhaps it's in her nature to get roused up if JI comes home after she falls asleep. Without knowing what the dynamic is between the two of them, what the normal interactions are on a normal night, what he normally does in what he conceives is an alarm scenario, etc, it's pretty hard to say 'why didn't he do this or that'.

He thought something was wrong when he saw the lights and window up. Perhaps it's in her nature to get roused up if JI comes home after she falls asleep. Without knowing what the dynamic is between the two of them, what the normal interactions are on a normal night, what he normally does in what he conceives is an alarm scenario, etc, it's pretty hard to say 'why didn't he do this or that'.

I tend to agree with this. We don't know what their normal behavior in similar situations is.

The behavior that still confuses me though is why JI went rushing over to SB's. And I think he was PO'd when he did. If DB woke up all alarmed as she says, why would JI assume BL was at SB's? Wouldn't DB have been able to tell him?

Idk, but something about that whole behavior is off to me. This is all MOO, but I have speculated that maybe JI did check on all the kids when he came home. When he found BL wasn't there, did he stomp off expecting to find DB and BL over at SB's? When they weren't did he go back home and wake DB? There has to be some kind of history there, otherwise it just doesn't make sense to me. MOO

ETA-*warning, complete speculation* or worse, maybe DB was over at SB's.

I tend to agree with this. We don't know what their normal behavior in similar situations is.

The behavior that still confuses me though is why JI went rushing over to SB's. And I think he was PO'd when he did. If DB woke up all alarmed as she says, why would JI assume BL was at SB's? Wouldn't DB have been able to tell him?

Idk, but something about that whole behavior is off to me. This is all MOO, but I have speculated that maybe JI did check on all the kids when he came home. When he found BL wasn't there, did he stomp off expecting to find DB and BL over at SB's? When they weren't did he go back home and wake DB? There has to be some kind of history there, otherwise it just doesn't make sense to me. MOO

You may be on to something there about there being a 'history' with SB. Remember early on he made an off hand comment about it (it escapes me right now). Like perhaps the first thought in his mind was SB (or her husband) came in and took the baby, so that's the first place he goes.

I have watched this case since the beginning and I don't remember this-did LE ever have the dogs do a check on any others cars besides DB/JI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!