Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if she is beaten once a week and made to rinse out all her celly's underwear and eats bologna and Wonder Bread for the rest of her life, there will still be sunrises, and laughs and moments of beauty, if only fleeting.

At least on Death Row she will be confined, isolated, controlled. She will have no one to manipulate, which is her very reason for being. And there she will stay until she dies or until the state, once all the Karla Faye Tucker hand-wringing is done, ends her.

I am not philosophically opposed to the death penalty, however I tend to oppose it on practical grounds of it being often capriciously and unfairly applied...To radically over-simplify, even under a sentence of death, who do you think is going to ride the gurney first (or at all), the poor black guy or the middle-class white woman?

However, where it is on the books, and where it is applied and has been applied to others, the idea that Jodi Arias-- who hounded and finally butchered another person, and posthumously defamed them out of sheer mean-spiritedness -- should get extra consideration due to her relative level of economic class, pigmentation and/or genitalia would be an outrage.

That w!tch better not ever get to wrap her lips around my beloved Wonder Bread!!! Grrrrr

She had a RECIEPT .... we all saw in in court. The above does not apply. IMO

Indeed, but they normally circle the item and write something on it if you produce it. I've forgotten receipts in my car before :blushing: and returned items there with no problem.

Anyway, we slice it, she's lying about something with this Walmart deal, tomorrow please come soon. I'll need some Advil PM just to sleep tonight! :pillowfight2:

I .......LIKE BIG BUTTS and I can not LIE!

OMG, are you referencing that song? My son had that forever on his phone and I would hear it daily, every time I called him. It got to the point that I would hear it repeatedly, over and over in my head, even at night when I was trying to sleep. That song is like some kind of mantra. And I'm thinking, "OMG, I can't believe I'm hearing these words, over and over", LOL.

:blushing: It was my fault, my brain was in a foggy scramble and gave Bravo a headache from the head banging.

ETA: Oh btw, did everyone read last week that KY was recalled :giggle:

:floorlaugh: I did actually hear that!! The whole state !!

seriously I'll bet JA is freaking out.They are going to have to take a wheelbarrow into her cell to retrieve all of her's :giggle:

On what site did you find this piece described as Jodi's work?
A poster here posted it and made a comment saying that they liked her work. Perhaps the poster assumed it was a photograph she took?

:eek: The state or the jelly?

:laugh: I thought at first it meant the state too!

Someone said:
KY Jelly 9.99
Herpes creme 14.99
Look on Jodi's face when JM caught her in a lie? Priceless!!

Hey, what's with all the condiments on the bottom of your profile?

If you listened closely to JA's testimony about her teen-age years then I would not exactly call her a "good girl". The physical abuse she claimed was nothing more than regular discipline for an out of control teen. At 15 she was dating an 18 year old unemployed illegal immigrant named Bobby Juarez and her parents did not approve of the relationship. At 17 when she was grounded for 3 months for skipping school she decided instead to move in with Bobby and got to work to support them. She ended up quitting school at the end of her junior year which she finished with D's and F's for her grades. I would be willing to bet that the car she was driving at the time was given to her by her parents. She have a fairly normal middle class childhood. She claimed that they moved around a lot so it was hard to make friends, yet then we learned that she only moved twice. Just another example of Jodi's embellishment of facts.
To me, the fact that her dad had to pull something out of her engine to make it not function, means that she was grounded more than once or twice, and that even when she was grounded, she still snuck out.
Where did we hear that she ran away several times as a teen?
I sure wish we could hear from Gramma on the stand. Considering what she did to them, one of them may be more willing to tell the whole truth about Arias' childhood, and possible problems.
I believe she is a psychopath, but that we haven't yet heard the stories from her younger years that would make that a valid diagnosis, and probably never will.
Actually, I'd love to hear more from DB. I find it hard to believe he saw zero aspects of psychology during the entire time they were together.

I got back from my weekend trip to Phoenix (actually stayed in Tempe), today. I wish they would have had trial this Monday! I could have sat in on a morning session.

Anyhow, something came to me today. I keep wondering why jodi doesn't stick to the script - that she was terrified of Travis because he abused her physically AND sexually. It has been odd to me that she admits to liking the sex "very much so" and adds weird little lies about Travis proposing and how much she loves him and what a great guy he was, etc.

I just realized that probably ALL of that, especially the sex (and the proposal), was for Mimi Hall's benefit. This is a clear case of "if I can't have you, nobody will". But she wants to stick it to Mimi and any other woman who she fears Travis felt was better than her. So, Travis loved her, thought she was beautiful, wanted to marry her and gave her great sex.

Even facing death she is so obsessed with besting someone like Mimi, she can't help but veer from the script.

Oh yes. It also shows me that to this day, five years after his death at her hands, she is still completely obsessed with Travis. In her world, in her version she can write a different script. A script where Travis loved her, where he couldn't be without her. A script where only she knew his deepest, darkest secrets. She can inject him into her "ravishment" fantasies. She just needs everyone to know how much more Travis loved her. How much closer they were than anyone else in her life. The whole thing is just so utterly tragic and haunting.

Yeppers, I think you both nailed it! She had to hate Mimi on sight. "No, you won't get him, you *****. He will always be mine because he can only love me. Don't kid yourself," or some such statement.

Just like when she is answering JM when he asks her something -- she will not say just a Yes or a No -- she has to say just a little more to one-up him. "Yes, somewhat," or "Not exactly," or "Ummm, well, I guess so," etc.

How do we know that she didn't tape the really raunchy phone convo that she had with poor TA just to keep as a little memento, possibly knowing all the while she was gonna kill him? Something to hear while she was giving herself pleasure... It's possible. I thought maybe blackmail & still consider that angle too, but it could also be a little joy toy, like a charm on a high-school charm bracelet. JMHO.

But, aside from that, you two pegged her, that's for sure. Great posts!!

I'd like to debunk a Walmart receipt myth.

snipped from http://help.walmart.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/190
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7. What's Walmart's No Receipt Returns Policy?
Walmart's No Receipt policy applies to items returned in a store only. When you return an item without a receipt, you have the option of receiving a cash refund (for purchases under $25), a Gift Card for the amount of the purchase (for purchases over $25) or making an even exchange for the product. We also follow any manufacturer's warranties.

You can make up to three No Receipt returns within a 45 day period.

I do this respectfully to inform those who believe she had to get a gift card if not producing the receipt. I just heard it on JVM again from a caller.

Do I believe she returned it, uh no. But if she did, it could happen like she said.

I think the point JM was making is that Walmart had no record of anyone returning that particular item, receipt or not, at the time or place that she said she did.

Ah, gotcha! Judge Stephens typically breaks for lunch at Noon (3:00 EST), and resumes about 1:30 (4:30 EST), iirc. :)

YAY ..... you got it, I got and I hope everyone else gets it. ???????

Sigh. We'll have to go all over this tomorrow to help everyone that's timezone challenged. :floorlaugh:

Good point! And another thing that makes my hinky meter go off the top is the tape itself (sex tape). I doesn't really flow like a real conversation. It almost sounds like it was kind of put together somehow ... I dunno ... maybe I need to take a break from all of this. I wonder if we will come to find out that this tape was tampered with and put together somehow. Maybe Gus Searsy and his production talents (or access to production companies) .. ha ha ... Anyway .. I know I'm getting kinda FAR OUT there with my suspicions .. but I don't put anything past her and her evil mind.

Sigh ... I need a drink ... is it noon yet? YES!! IT IS!! Cheers!

Actually I had the exact same thoughts about the sex tape. I even wrote a long post on all of Gus Searcy's talents because it had been earlier stated that the phone she lost for 18 months was found in Gus Searcy's vehicle. I am convinced that the defense reads here at WS because just shortly after my post, JA changed her story and said in court that her Aunt found the phone in her Dad's vehicle.

I also believe that JA visited Gus on her way to Mesa, AZ and he possibly gave her money. She let it slip one day in court that she had planned to see Gus along with DB and MM but then quickly said that she did not get to see Gus. I believe that Gus knows much more about Jodi and Travis than he has said. I also found it strange that he kind of skimmed over that he was supposed to be part of the PPL conference call at 7:00p.m. with Travis on June 4th which TA did not make. He then claimed that JA called him at 3:00a.m. on June 5th saying that she killed Travis. If that was true then why did he not contact LE or Chris Hughes with PPL and tell them about it and then he went on the Cancun trip and never said anything to anyone with PPL about why TA was not there as expected. There are just too many things that do not add up between JA and Gus to believe that he was JUST her mentor in the PPL company IMO.

I'd like to debunk a Walmart receipt myth.

snipped from http://help.walmart.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/190
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7. What's Walmart's No Receipt Returns Policy?
Walmart's No Receipt policy applies to items returned in a store only. When you return an item without a receipt, you have the option of receiving a cash refund (for purchases under $25), a Gift Card for the amount of the purchase (for purchases over $25) or making an even exchange for the product. We also follow any manufacturer's warranties.

You can make up to three No Receipt returns within a 45 day period.

I do this respectfully to inform those who believe she had to get a gift card if not producing the receipt. I just heard it on JVM again from a caller.

Do I believe she returned it, uh no. But if she did, it could happen like she said.

The point is, that even if she did return it, she could have gotten cash.......and IIRC, she did pay cash for that stuff on the original receipt (the person who called JVM tonight had that wrong, and said it was on a credit card). BUT, WalMart does not just hand the cash over. You have to fill out a return form with name address and phone number and sign the form. They will then SCAN the item being returned, which creates a computer record of the return these records of returns to the store are of course kept, and can be accessed by date. The report from the Wal Mart in Salinas shows NO return of ANY gas can on the date in question. So it does not matter if she, say used a fake name and address
On the return form......and if she did it would go even further to premed. But she did not return any such thing, ergo, no record. Really does not have anything to do with whether she got cash or not.

To me, the fact that her dad had to pull something out of her engine to make it not function, means that she was grounded more than once or twice, and that even when she was grounded, she still snuck out.
Where did we hear that she ran away several times as a teen?
I sure wish we could hear from Gramma on the stand. Considering what she did to them, one of them may be more willing to tell the whole truth about Arias' childhood, and possible problems.
I believe she is a psychopath, but that we haven't yet heard the stories from her younger years that would make that a valid diagnosis, and probably never will.
Actually, I'd love to hear more from DB. I find it hard to believe he saw zero aspects of psychology during the entire time they were together.

I think she was always a problem child, thus the statement by her family that they, "Were concerned , but not surprised".

Even if she is beaten once a week and made to rinse out all her celly's underwear and eats bologna and Wonder Bread for the rest of her life, there will still be sunrises, and laughs and moments of beauty, if only fleeting.

At least on Death Row she will be confined, isolated, controlled. She will have no one to manipulate, which is her very reason for being. And there she will stay until she dies or until the state, once all the Karla Faye Tucker hand-wringing is done, ends her.

I am not philosophically opposed to the death penalty, however I tend to oppose it on practical grounds of it being often capriciously and unfairly applied...To radically over-simplify, even under a sentence of death, who do you think is going to ride the gurney first (or at all), the poor black guy or the middle-class white woman?

However, where it is on the books, and where it is applied and has been applied to others, the idea that Jodi Arias-- who hounded and finally butchered another person, and posthumously defamed them out of sheer mean-spiritedness -- should get extra consideration due to her relative level of economic class, pigmentation and/or genitalia would be an outrage.

That w!tch better not ever get to wrap her lips around my beloved Wonder Bread!!! Grrrrr

:floorlaugh: That is one thing that I take joy in, that she is slowly being poisoned by gluten with the fresh bread they eat daily.

1 in 7 people are gluten intolerant, 1 in 133 have celiac disease.
There are over 300 symptoms but most people aren't aware of it b/c they don't have symptoms or are diagnosed wrong.

Never in my life before did I wish this upon anyone..... until I listened to the defendant on the stand for 9000 days. :banghead:

It's struck me that this is all really easy to decide, even if I buy JA's total BS story.
IF she shot him first and IF she* was still mobile and in attack mode and still alive, he must have then turned his back on her, making him no longer a threat to her. She then stabbed him in the back repeatedly, stabbed him in the chest, etc. The moment he was no longer facing her, no matter his physical position, he was no threat to her. If he survived the head wound, there was no longer self defense. Her continued attack is premeditated murder. Of course I don't believe for one second that TA ever made a move toward her. But I could easily convict her based on her own lies. She made the case for me with her lies. Hmm...that works for me!

*he

On what site did you find this piece described as Jodi's work?
Jodi's blog. If you google those words you can find it. She doesn't claim the image as her own on the blog (it's not hers). The original poster assumed it was because everyone keeps saying that JA is a professional photographer (which she is not).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966