Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would but they won't release it supposedly. My problem is this.. the brother already had a record at the time, when they ran his fingerprints, which they did, it would have immediately been found out and the records corrected. So I too am very confused by all of this.

I think now that it has come to light the family will get it straightened out.

All the brother has to do is find his mugshot when he was arrested.

I think the family was under the impression that it had been corrected. The only way Travis found out about it is when they sent him a contempt of court for not showing up iirc and was fined over $500 and he had no idea what they were talking about.

IMO

I'm laughing so hard thinking about websleuthers logging in, bleary eyed, still in their bath robes, coffee in hand, and then...first thing they see is that CK shower pic. It's like, wait, wait, what?

Oh too funny! A lot fermenting going on! Multi tasking chores! During court lunch recess!

Earrings?

1adweird-dog-driving-car-cut.jpg

And now back to our regularly scheduled forum...

Has anyone else noticed that for all the "glib superficial charm" Jodi Arias really never displays much of a sense of humor? I don't mean on the stand, although she claims she "tried to think of something witty" when she caught Travis Alexander masturbating, but if you look at Travis Alexander's MySpace page where she commented, there are attempts at off-the-cuff humor (claiming a Mach 3 Razor is adequate as a Mach 4 is a waste of metal) that just fall flat.

Is this the case with most sociopaths/psychopaths? I wouldn't be surprised as
much humor is based on a sort of mental bait and switch, where the "punchline" is a reversal of expectation (Look..a dog driving a car!) which requires putting oneself in the mental state of another to anticipate the set up.

That is, comedy is a certain form of empathy.
Is that Kim kardashians hind end?:floorlaugh:

Hi,

Having only discovered this trial recently, I have been trying to catch up as best I can, so I apologize if my hypothesizing has already been discussed ad nauseam.

I wondered if it was possible that those lengthy texts Travis sent to Jodi (wherein he suggested she had 'scammed' him) might have anything to do with the Church. I realize that in living a 'secretly' active sex life that Travis wasn't himself adhering to traditional Mormom doctrine, but could he have felt that Jodi had betrayed him and the faith in some other egregious way?

I'm not familiar with Jodi's religious background/upbringing, but I do understand she was baptized into the Mormon faith after meeting Travis. Knowing what we know of her character, it seems easy to speculate that she was disingenuous about the faith and was simply using the Church to ingratiate herself with Travis and perhaps certain material and/or monetary advantages that came with him.

Have I lost the plot completely? Perhaps it has already been revealed what prompted those texts?

Cheers!

Exactly, but for some reason the won't release it to JA's brother, only to the prosecutor. Why...have no idea.
IMO JM would have already checked into this and Nurmi would use it as an example of TA being violent.

But, since noone has ponied up a pic, I would't be completely shocked if it were true.

JMO

HLN question: what was the game changing moment in this trial so far?

Beth said Day 8 of Jodi direct when "the fog" set in.

Mike (hln host) said phone sex tape where Jodi seems the aggressor and clearly enjoying it

Dwayne the defense atty says the gas cans, fact she cannot plausibly deny.

I think the gas cans proving premed...she asked for them, there is no record of her being in AZ. Plus the need for her to fill them up again in SLC means she used the gas!

Yeah and then in the next segment he said he thought it was a manslaughter case, not murder 1. :rolleyes:

Thank you for posting this. The blood spatter evidence or I should say lack of evidence is something I need to ponder. The expert didn't say anything about castoff splatter and Juan didn't ask her about it. I want to know where it is.

I do too, I am so bothered that we haven't heard anything about cast off above the shower on the painted portion. Could he be saving that for rebuttal? He did ask about the shower door in the ceiling pic (showing when it was happening the door was nearly closed and blood wouldn't be able to spatter in there at that point). Arrrggg...so many loose threads to tie up! I do heart JM though, I'm sure the family is very grateful for him.

Hi,

Having only discovered this trial recently, I have been trying to catch up as best I can, so I apologize if my hypothesizing has already been discussed ad nauseam.

I wondered if it was possible that those lengthy texts Travis sent to Jodi (wherein he suggested she had 'scammed' him) might have anything to do with the Church. I realize that in living a 'secretly' active sex life that Travis wasn't himself adhering to traditional Mormom doctrine, but could he have felt that Jodi had betrayed him and the faith in some other egregious way?

I'm not familiar with Jodi's religious background/upbringing, but I do understand she was baptized into the Mormon faith after meeting Travis. Knowing what we know of her character, it seems easy to speculate that she was disingenuous about the faith and was simply using the Church to ingratiate herself with Travis and perhaps certain material and/or monetary advantages that came with him.

Have I lost the plot completely? Perhaps it has already been revealed what prompted those texts?

Cheers!

Welcome! I think you brought up a good point. I do think that is part of his anger toward her, although it hasn't really been spoken about much.

Sorry about that. What signs do you see in Jodi that makes you believe this please?[/QUOTEi

I experienced this too in several situations. First as a child and second as a teacher of little ones. I agree that Jodi has red flags but if she had it would have been used as evidence in this trial. JMO Red flags to me: trust is not given easily/seems very aware of adult matters/is a "pleaser"/makes one or two close friends but is uncomfortable in group situations/falls apart in unorganized situations and can be a control "freak"...many others...

Having a difficult past is emotional garbage that a person carries and learns to deaal with. Jodi is Jodi ...just evil.

And for most of us here an attempt to "humanize" Jodi just isn't working. She is truly evil and should get what she deserves. She could end up with DP which many feel is not severe enough for what she did. jmo

JM is not a judge. He's the prosecutor and it is up to him to try her in front of the jury. If he makes her look bad that is because the facts of the case prove she is lying. Prosecute means to indict, accuse, put on trial, impeach. It does not say I'm here to make sure that no one hurts your feelings because you killed someone. JM is doing what he has been hired to do, prosecute her. The judge's duty is to make sure she gets a fair trial. jmo

WELL SAID!! (and a lot more tactfully than I would have responded) Thanks.:blushing:

Maybe they should locate Greg Alexander and let him speak for himself instead of throwing out speculation.

"It's something that I am ashamed of," Dennis Gregory Alexander told The Huffington Post. "I have been clean for almost 10 years and it's something Travis forgave me for a long time ago. He was a righteous guy and he never did anything wrong. It was all me. It was my doing. Travis was a gentleman. The furthest thing he would ever do is any sort of crime."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/11/travis-alexander-arrest-record_n_2856562.html

Hi,

Cheers!

I definitely think her baptism in the Mormon church was solely to keep her hooks in Travis. Their sex life would have convinced him how superficial her faith was. Was that what prompted to texts? Don't know, although I would say it was not the sole reason.

Don't get me wrong. I have no idea what is happening in her brain as far as reasoning goes. I believe she committed a terrible crime.
My thinking is she is impaired in some way. She is not capable of living and thinking like you and I do. Do we sit back and keep score and laugh at her every mistake? Does this make us more civilized? HLN is having a field day with this. Do you think they are profiting from this case?

bbm, Civilized? I don't care what people think about me. As long as I do what I know to be right I'll be fine. I am waiting for the day that she is put to death just because she is an embarrassment to women. but that's just me.

bbm, Hey if they can make money off of her go for it, if I could I would.

Idk I think it's the judges job and role to be neutral, it is the defenses job to try and gain sympathy and make the jury connect with the defendant and their defense story, and it is the prosecutor's role to try and gain sympathy and passion for the victim... This all in addition to presenting evidence and whatnot from both sides. If JM had the neutrality that the judge exhibits, the jury would be less likely to spark their own inner passion for the victim. We are all human, and we connect through others displays of emotion. There's a reason we walk into a group of people laughing and we start laughing for no reason, it's just human nature. Trials are about the evidence and the crime but normal people cannot separate their emotional bias completely from their decision. The defense is working with a flawed defendant who cannot display the emotions to garner any sympathy or connection with the jury. If she was truly crying and remorseful on the stand I guarantee the jurors questions would not be the way they are now, but she can't authentically display emotion. The jury can't connect with what isn't there. I think JM is well suited to further fan the flames of disgust toward JA and her actions within the jurors by the way he handles JA. I think it may even give some comfort to the jurors that the disgust they feel toward JA is warranted and OK.
JMO, respectfully.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Amen! There is no reason for Juan to treat her with kid gloves. she is a murderer, and it seems like the jury knows it. Juan is being himself, and I'm glad of it. Nurmi's meek and mild (and slooooooow) ways surely are not better for the jury to watch. I don't even watch it on tv till Juan is on.

Repost! Hysterical video of Jodi's testimony! Do yourself a favor and watch it. You will be in stiches.:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floor laugh:
[video=youtube;UTUL6P6mQAg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTUL6P6mQAg&feature=share[/video]

Awe c'mon now, there's not a little part of you that wouldn't enjoy seeing Miss Jodi in cornrows and a "Travis Forever" tat?

Why cornrows, this seems to be an implied prejudice. But maybe I am just sensitive. :moo:

Exactly, but for some reason they won't release it to TA's brother, only to the prosecutor. Why...have no idea.

Well they need to release it to the Prosecutor. Maybe the police department doesnt want to admit that they screwed up and didnt change it like they should have.

Like his brother said Travis would have never done something like this and was a law abiding citizen. The brother even admits at the time he did this he was doing drugs. He worked at the place where he shoplifted.

That should be easy enough to check out.

Does anyone know which city his sister is a police officer in?

IMO

I heard on Insessions the last fews days.

ja said she had on Shoes and socks when answering a jury question about injuries. She was talking about her ankle injuries.

She she is walking around in the house with long pants, socks over shoes.

Seems to me that shows premeditation, why have socks over shoes unless you don't want blood on your shoes when you leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth