Iran - Ukrainian Airlines Boeing 737 crashes, 180 possible fatalities, Tehran, 8 Jan 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Javad ZarifVerified account Twitter
@JZarif

Foreign Minister of Islamic Republic of Iran

“A sad day. Preliminary conclusions of internal investigation by Armed Forces: Human error at time of crisis caused by US adventurism led to disaster Our profound regrets, apologies and condolences to our people, to the families of all victims, and to other affected nations.”

I knew Iran would try and pass some of the blame onto the United States.

Well the US aren't exactly blameless in the events that led to it.
I'm glad Iran admitted it though.

Yes, the US is blameless, unless you are against the elmination of a general who murdered thousands of Iranian and Iraqui citizens and US servicemen. But since we don't talk politics on here, we should not go too far into that.

Yes, the US is blameless, unless you are against the elmination of a general who murdered thousands of Iranian and Iraqui citizens and US servicemen. But since we don't talk politics on here, we should not go too far into that.

Ignoring the hundreds of Americans he killed, the thousands more he maimed, and the tens of thousands he helped kill in various conflicts; there was a chain of events here:

Iran launches attack that kills US contractor.

US launches attacks on the group responsible.

Iran attacks embassy.

US kills one of the most dangerous men in the world, and the man responsible for both the first attack, and the embassy attack.

Iran launches strikes at US bases in Iraq.

Iran shoots down a civilian airliner, because they are apparently unable to differentiate between a commercial plane, and an American warplane. The fact that the airline filed a flight plan, and took off from Iran, notwithstanding.

All the blame lies at the feet of the Iranian regime.

Yes I'm against what Trump has done, completely. I don't think it was a wise choice to stir up conflict with Iran.
Sadly the poor people on the plane died because of all this.

It's hard not to mention politics when it is so involved in this case.

US-Iran news: Live updates on the Ukraine plane crash and conflict - CNN

Iranian commander "wished he was dead" after missile downed Ukrainian jet

The commander of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps Aerospace Force said Saturday he informed authorities on Wednesday that a missile had downed the Ukrainian passenger plane.

Brigadier-General Amir-Ali Hajizadeh said at a press conference in Tehran that after he told senior IRGC members about it, the general staff of the Armed Forces formed its own investigative team, from which he was excluded.

He said the plane was shot down by a short-range missile and was misidentified as a cruise missile by an air defense operator.

The operator identified the plane as a cruise missile but was unable to contact the central air defense command to confirm it. So he had to choose between shooting it down or not, and he choose to do it, Hajizadeh said. The operator had 10 seconds to make a decision.

Hajizadeh accepted full responsibility for the incident and said once it became clear what had happened, he thought: “I wish I was dead.”

Iran concedes the "big lie" is true

On Saturday, Iranian Ambassador to the UK, Hamid Baeidinejad, apologized for his wrong statement on Friday about the cause of the Ukrainian plane crash.

“In my statement yesterday to the UK media, I conveyed the official findings of responsible authorities in my country that missile could not be fired and hit the Ukrainian plane at that period of time,” Baeidinejad said on his official Twitter account.
“I apologize and regret for conveying such wrong findings,” he added.

In its final communication, the doomed jet was told to turn

“We have been reassured that [the aircraft] had the dialogue with the airport, with the dispatcher tower, until the last moment of the catastrophe," the airline’s CEO Yevgenii Dyhkne said Saturday at a press conference in Kiev.

"There were negotiations about the route, they had permission to turn, so all of this is now connected to the investigation and I’m sure it will be available in documents in time,” he added.

Asked what the final words of the pilot were, Dykhne said he couldn’t comment on the details but UIA Vice President Ihor Sosnovsky added that the final communication between the plane and the tower was a command from the tower to “take an altitude and turn.”

Why would a commercial airliner be operating during this time?

Several planes had taken the exact same flight path as the Ukrainian airliner, up to an hour before it took off, aviation expert Geoffrey Thomas told CNN. "So clearly the authorities thought it was safe," said the editor-in-chief of Airlineratings.com. All of which raises the question -- why was this particular aircraft shot down so soon after taking off?

"To sort of say it was an accident doesn't really ring true," said Thomas. "Because other aircraft had been operating in exactly the same manner in the previous hour." He added that the Ukrainian plane's transponder was switched on and flight radar was "tracking it until it was blown out of the sky at 8,000 feet. "If it was a threat, that aircraft would be probably below the radar. And/or a stealth aircraft. So it just doesn't ring true (that it would be an accident)," said Thomas.
FlightPath.JPG

US-Iran news: Live updates on the Ukraine plane crash and conflict - CNN

Iranian commander "wished he was dead" after missile downed Ukrainian jet

The commander of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps Aerospace Force said Saturday he informed authorities on Wednesday that a missile had downed the Ukrainian passenger plane.

Brigadier-General Amir-Ali Hajizadeh said at a press conference in Tehran that after he told senior IRGC members about it, the general staff of the Armed Forces formed its own investigative team, from which he was excluded.

He said the plane was shot down by a short-range missile and was misidentified as a cruise missile by an air defense operator.

The operator identified the plane as a cruise missile but was unable to contact the central air defense command to confirm it. So he had to choose between shooting it down or not, and he choose to do it, Hajizadeh said. The operator had 10 seconds to make a decision.

Hajizadeh accepted full responsibility for the incident and said once it became clear what had happened, he thought: “I wish I was dead.”

Iran concedes the "big lie" is true

On Saturday, Iranian Ambassador to the UK, Hamid Baeidinejad, apologized for his wrong statement on Friday about the cause of the Ukrainian plane crash.

“In my statement yesterday to the UK media, I conveyed the official findings of responsible authorities in my country that missile could not be fired and hit the Ukrainian plane at that period of time,” Baeidinejad said on his official Twitter account.
“I apologize and regret for conveying such wrong findings,” he added.

In its final communication, the doomed jet was told to turn

“We have been reassured that [the aircraft] had the dialogue with the airport, with the dispatcher tower, until the last moment of the catastrophe," the airline’s CEO Yevgenii Dyhkne said Saturday at a press conference in Kiev.

"There were negotiations about the route, they had permission to turn, so all of this is now connected to the investigation and I’m sure it will be available in documents in time,” he added.

Asked what the final words of the pilot were, Dykhne said he couldn’t comment on the details but UIA Vice President Ihor Sosnovsky added that the final communication between the plane and the tower was a command from the tower to “take an altitude and turn.”

Why would a commercial airliner be operating during this time?

Several planes had taken the exact same flight path as the Ukrainian airliner, up to an hour before it took off, aviation expert Geoffrey Thomas told CNN. "So clearly the authorities thought it was safe," said the editor-in-chief of Airlineratings.com. All of which raises the question -- why was this particular aircraft shot down so soon after taking off?

"To sort of say it was an accident doesn't really ring true," said Thomas. "Because other aircraft had been operating in exactly the same manner in the previous hour." He added that the Ukrainian plane's transponder was switched on and flight radar was "tracking it until it was blown out of the sky at 8,000 feet. "If it was a threat, that aircraft would be probably below the radar. And/or a stealth aircraft. So it just doesn't ring true (that it would be an accident)," said Thomas.
View attachment 225152

He might feel bad because the victims were different nationalities from countries they are cordial with but in my opinion if it was a plane full of Americans there would have been cheering and street celebrations.

*Apologies I do not want to get political and get the thread shut down. This is a complex situation.

Ha! Absolutely. They couldn’t say they didn’t do it, but they could try and shift the blame.

Basically: “You killed our general, and created this crisis.”

Obviously ignoring the fact that started this all in motion, both with recent acts (contractor killing and embassy attack), and decades of terror.

It’s a complete cop out, but not an unexpected one. They’ve already got plenty of people making the argument for them.

Iran should have grounded all flights, especially if they have a military that can’t be trusted not to fire on unidentified aircraft flying at low altitude in the vicinity of a major airport.

I wouldn’t be surprised if people are made as scapegoats, found guilty at a sham trial, and executed.

Just for optics.

No different from when the US shot an Iranian passenger plane down in 1988. Almost exactly the same tone. 'We're sorry it happened....but with stuff going on in Persian Gulf....'

iran-stamp.jpg

The Islamic Republic has used the U.S. Navy's downing of Iran Air Flight 655 as a mainstay of its propaganda for over 30 years, as seen on this postage stamp. (Iranian Foreign Ministry)
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/iran-iraq-crash-soleimani-trump-1.5423238
"It was a short-lived honeymoon for the Islamic Republic regime — a rare wave of popular support, drowned out by a bigger tide of government neglect and recklessness.

Just hours after angrily calling the allegation that an Iranian surface-to-air missile took down Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS752 a "big lie" and "psychological warfare," Iran's regime has had to confess that the Revolutionary Guard Corps it has lately been lionizing in mass rallies itself fired the fatal missiles.

Much as Iran's authorities may hate admitting that fact to other governments, they are almost certainly more concerned about the reaction from their own people.

The regime's hopes of turning the assassination of Gen. Qassem Soleimani into a moment of renewal for its flagging fortunes were destroyed along with Flight PS752.

From the point of view of the Ayatollahs' regime, this situation is a nightmare scenario of incompetence, hypocrisy and lost opportunity."

''One of the hallmarks of the Islamic Republic regime is its tragic indifference to life. This is the same regime that, during the Iran-Iraq War, sent human waves of school-age boys to clear landmines with their own bodies in advance of regular Iranian troops.

The youngsters were given metal keys to hang around their necks and told they would open the doors to paradise. Sometimes they were roped together to prevent them escaping. Their lives were wasted by the tens of thousands in futile offensives like the 1982 Operation Ramadan.

The regime's incompetence and indifference was evident on Tuesday morning as massive crowds gathered in Soleimani's hometown of Kerman. The government wanted the crowds to be as large and as emotional as possible. It appears that more thought was given to the design of the giant posters that overhung the event than to managing the crowds or keeping people safe''.

iran-stamp.jpg

The Islamic Republic has used the U.S. Navy's downing of Iran Air Flight 655 as a mainstay of its propaganda for over 30 years, as seen on this postage stamp. (Iranian Foreign Ministry)
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/iran-iraq-crash-soleimani-trump-1.5423238
"It was a short-lived honeymoon for the Islamic Republic regime — a rare wave of popular support, drowned out by a bigger tide of government neglect and recklessness.

Just hours after angrily calling the allegation that an Iranian surface-to-air missile took down Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS752 a "big lie" and "psychological warfare," Iran's regime has had to confess that the Revolutionary Guard Corps it has lately been lionizing in mass rallies itself fired the fatal missiles.

Much as Iran's authorities may hate admitting that fact to other governments, they are almost certainly more concerned about the reaction from their own people.

The regime's hopes of turning the assassination of Gen. Qassem Soleimani into a moment of renewal for its flagging fortunes were destroyed along with Flight PS752.

From the point of view of the Ayatollahs' regime, this situation is a nightmare scenario of incompetence, hypocrisy and lost opportunity."

''One of the hallmarks of the Islamic Republic regime is its tragic indifference to life. This is the same regime that, during the Iran-Iraq War, sent human waves of school-age boys to clear landmines with their own bodies in advance of regular Iranian troops.

The youngsters were given metal keys to hang around their necks and told they would open the doors to paradise. Sometimes they were roped together to prevent them escaping. Their lives were wasted by the tens of thousands in futile offensives like the 1982 Operation Ramadan.

The regime's incompetence and indifference was evident on Tuesday morning as massive crowds gathered in Soleimani's hometown of Kerman. The government wanted the crowds to be as large and as emotional as possible. It appears that more thought was given to the design of the giant posters that overhung the event than to managing the crowds or keeping people safe''.

Omg. The school boys....I had never hear about that! That makes me sick! IMO, how anyone can find it in them sympathize with the Iranian Govt. Is beyond me. That said, I pray that all our men and women are removed from the Middle East ASAP.

Prime minister gives update on Iran plane crash
•Streamed live 23 minutes ago

Oh what a tangled web .... weaved out of hate .... by power-hungry politicians. And always innocent civilians get caught up in it and pay with their lives. Sad sad :(

Why wasn't Gen. Soleimani arrested and put on trial instead of assassinated?

Even though Iran is now trying to shift some of the blame to the US I still think it's a good thing they admitted what actually happened to the Ukranian plane.

Moo.

Iran plane crash: Iranian regime accuses U.S. of "spreading lies" as CBS News finds crash site cleared of debris - Live updates
January 10, 2020 / 3:09 PM
"Iranian officials have denied claims that they mistakenly shot down a Ukrainian passenger jet and accused the United States of "spreading lies" about intelligence suggesting they did. The plane crashed early Wednesday morning soon after takeoff from Tehran's airport, killing everyone on board."

"15m ago
"Reason" for crash to be announced tomorrow, Iran's news agency says
Iran's semi-official state media, Fars News Agency, said Friday that the cause of the crash of a Ukrainian airliner outside Tehran on Wednesday will be released three days later, on Saturday. Earlier on Friday, an Iranian official said it could take "one or two years" to complete the investigation, Reuters reports.

"The reason for the collapse of the Ukrainian passenger plane will be announced tomorrow after a meeting of the Air Accidents Commission, attended by both domestic and foreign parties involved in the incident," reads a translated tweet from Fars"

Imo, the only one who is blatantly lying is Iran as usual.

Jmho
Javad ZarifVerified account Twitter
@JZarif

Foreign Minister of Islamic Republic of Iran

“A sad day. Preliminary conclusions of internal investigation by Armed Forces: Human error at time of crisis caused by US adventurism led to disaster Our profound regrets, apologies and condolences to our people, to the families of all victims, and to other affected nations.”

I knew Iran would try and pass some of the blame onto the United States.

Of course. They always try to place blame elsewhere instead of squarely on their own shoulders where it belongs.

Imo the only mistake they made is downing a Ukraine airliner. They were hoping to murder Americans. Imo.

Iran's leader is a vile sadistic leader. Imo they truly are the worst terrorist threat in so many countries.

They have murdered over a thousands of their own people recently just because they want a better life. More of their own people will die in the future. Imo.

Iran has murdered, and maimed thousands of Americans since the 70s and have continued. I dont know who they are trying to fool.

My heart breaks for all of the good citizens in Iran who have to live under a sadistic twisted demonic ruler that cares nothing about his own people, and everything about being the world's worst sponsor of terrorism.

The only reason they admitted it is because they knew the evidence showed them to be totally at fault. Yet like usual they make excuses always trying to place blame on someone else who was not at fault in any way whatsoever. Most sees right through their BS spew.

Jmho

“Iranians have gathered in the streets of Tehran to demand the resignation of Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei after the regime admitted it had mistakenly shot down a civilian passenger plane.

Angry crowds gathered on Saturday night in at least four locations in Tehran, chanting 'death to liars' and calling for the country's supreme leader to step down over the tragic military blunder, video from the scene shows.”

Iranian protesters in Tehran turn against regime after military admits shooting down plane | Daily Mail Online

Imo, the only one who is blatantly lying is Iran as usual.

Jmho

Of course. They always try to place blame elsewhere instead of squarely on their own shoulders where it belongs.

Imo the only mistake they made is downing a Ukraine airliner. They were hoping to murder Americans. Imo.

Iran's leader is a vile sadistic leader. Imo they truly are the worst terrorist threat in so many countries.

They have murdered over a thousands of their own people recently just because they want a better life. More of their own people will die in the future. Imo.

Iran has murdered, and maimed thousands of Americans since the 70s and have continued. I dont know who they are trying to fool.

My heart breaks for all of the good citizens in Iran who have to live under a sadistic twisted demonic ruler that cares nothing about his own people, and everything about being the world's worst sponsor of terrorism.

The only reason they admitted it is because they knew the evidence showed them to be totally at fault. Yet like usual they make excuses always trying to place blame on someone else who was not at fault in any way whatsoever. Most sees right through their BS spew.

Jmho
Why would Americans be on that plane?are Americans allowed to go there?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/ukraine-investigators-knew-within-hours-missile-ps752-1.5423957
"Ukrainian investigators believe the flight crew of the Ukrainian jet was killed instantly when a missile exploded next to their cockpit, penetrating the aircraft with shrapnel and sending it hurtling to the ground on fire."
"You can only imagine what happened there [the cockpit]," said Danilov. "We understand now that the death was instant, unfortunately."

"Ukrainian investigators said that they concluded within a few hours of arriving in Tehran that a missile was likely responsible for causing the destruction of the Ukraine International Airlines jet."

But for the next 24 hours, until Iran made its stunning admission, his team had to keep the information to itself, he said.

"We couldn't make statements right away, because it's hard for our experts to work — it's a difficult country."

Why would Americans be on that plane?are Americans allowed to go there?

We have a lot of immigration from Iran and Iraq, I have no doubt that these folks go home to see relatives, vacation or business travel. They are probably naturalized citizens. Americans can travel where they want, they have to take connecting flights, same as going to Cuba, airlines don't fly there from here, but routinely from other countries.

I am glad that Iran took responsibility for this, and that our president didn't over react to this situation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3
Back