Jodi Arias Murder Trial - the defense continues it's case in chief-*Weekend* #90

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a questions about the license plate. Did she have a Arizona and a California plate and switch them and is this how the one got placed upside down?
No, she rented a car in California, and it had California plates. She flipped the back one upside down herself somewhere in CA to avoid detection. Cars in CA are generally identified by their back plates, but two plates are required. That's why she stood out to the cop in Utah, out-of-state upside down plates!
She tried to say she was never in AZ, although personally I think AZ plates would have made her less conspicuous there

I don't understand the theory that he didn't know she was there. Why would he stand with his arms over his chest or lean against the wall like that? The pics look posed to me.

I actually saw my husband do the same thing as in one of the first pics, with Travis' hands together on his chest. He was waiting for the water to warm up, while some of the water was hitting him. Then, some of the others look like he was letting the water "massage" his back. JMO

Sorry to quote myself, but I think that knife is something she took with her wherever she went, just in case.

MOO
I agree
Just in case,...she wants to ohhh I don't know.....slash tires for instance :devil:

Jumping of KCL story of elephants and Elephant Mt.

I've wondered where Jodi went to clean up before she got to Utah.
Does anyone know if the parks in the Arizona area have showers? I think Minor4th did a milage/gas timeline and I was wondering if the Elephant Mt. would fit in and if there might be shower/ bathrooms in the parks area.

Jodi may have been to this area previously and had it as part of her "go to a desolate area to discard the weapon and clean up" plan.

It would also be a place she could chill and sleep a couple hours before continuing to Utah. Not sure it fits in with where her first call and cell pings are though. Just a thought, probably off base, but the elephant stuff has my head spinning.

There was no blood evidence outside the bedroom (other than a small spot on the laundry machine). She would have been coveredhead to toe on blood after that slaghter. She had to have cleaned up before leaving the bedroom, most likely showered over top of travis' body in the shower.

I don't understand the theory that he didn't know she was there. Why would he stand with his arms over his chest or lean against the wall like that? The pics look posed to me.

Me too! I think after all her trouble, the rental car, the extra gas, the gun theft. No way she would leave and sneak back and hope to catch him in the shower. She wanted to be in control of where and when he died.
She did convince him to do the pics, in the shower, she asked him to do several poses while she gets up her nerve then grabs her knife.

I had such a nightmare last night and I know I can attribute it to following this case. I dreamt that I was going to an indoor waterpark with friends and I saw Jodi Arias there. She was standing across from me and I got chills up my spine. Somehow she was released for a few days, as her trial was going on during this time. I told everyone around me, please let's leave. I don't want to see her. She will murder us. She heard me say this and gave me that shark stare and I started running away. I went down a water slide and knew she was coming. When she passed me by, she squeezed my arm and gave me a dead glare as if to say, "Yes, I killed Travis. No, it wasn't self-defense. What are YOU going to do about it?" I woke up in a panic!

Has anyone else had nightmares about this case? I was so scared!

Whoa, that is scary! Thankfully, I haven't had any like that!

This is the year that will eclipse all others?
She killed her golden calf!
Now she's got this shrink jack the quack! Who's got her back! It angers me that she's is !!:furious:
Comparing her ! her to soldiers fighting in Afghanistan! Suffering with real PTSD

My nephew is with the elite forces of the green beret!
He's been to Afghanistan four tours! Four times he suffered wounds, four times hes lost friends and comrades!

His first tour:
he was in a tank! My nephew was driving! His commander asked to switch places! Seconds later ,The tank blew up and his commander was killed. Only my nephew survived.

The second time:
he was in a humbee! With three other soldiers! They were shot at!!! the humbee went into a body of water! My nephew said ! He knew his life was coming to an end!he was desperately trying to get air! A weird chilling feeling! came over me as he was describing this at !!
a heroes welcome home party my town gave to him.

Back to what happened! He didn't have an air pocket! His best friend knew that my nephews wife was pregnant and the baby was due any day! So he unlatched my nephews seat belt and pushed my nephew! Towards an air pocket! My nephew was the only survivor!
This man his best friend gave his life for my nephew.three soldiers died in that one. Only my nephew survived.

Third incident:
They were under heavy attack by the Taliban! A fellow soldier seriously wounded!
My nephew carried this mortally wounded soldier towards a military plane! Hid behind the shadows of the plane! This soldier later died of his wounds.

Fourth incident:
A male presumed to be a civilian Afghanistan !
Began walking towards my nephew! All of a sudden a large blast! This civilian had a bomb strapped to his body! He blew up! In front of my nephew! The shrepenol ! Made it to parts of my nephews body! Many surgeries later! And still not all shrepenol removed! His stomach was wounded! Blew out some teeth! He was air lifted to Germany and home! Once they stabilised him.
He lost many dear friends ad fellow soldiers.
Again he survived.

He has real PTSD
How can this ignorant/stalker killer compare herself to soldiers and wounded police officers.
It's laughable what the defence is trying to pull!

My nephew is now statewide and is now training soldiers! Is also doing unclassified duties.

Please thank your nephew for me! What a brave man! My husband just retired from the Army. They sure do go through a lot. Maybe they should put her on the front line!!!!

I had such a nightmare last night and I know I can attribute it to following this case. I dreamt that I was going to an indoor waterpark with friends and I saw Jodi Arias there. She was standing across from me and I got chills up my spine. Somehow she was released for a few days, as her trial was going on during this time. I told everyone around me, please let's leave. I don't want to see her. She will murder us. She heard me say this and gave me that shark stare and I started running away. I went down a water slide and knew she was coming. When she passed me by, she squeezed my arm and gave me a dead glare as if to say, "Yes, I killed Travis. No, it wasn't self-defense. What are YOU going to do about it?" I woke up in a panic!

I had a nightmare similar to this last week. I woke up around 4am and was in that half-awake/half-asleep mind-state. I was looking around my dark bedroom feeling like Jodi Arias was hiding in the closet and that she could attack me at any minute.

Mixed in with this were thoughts about David Westerfield hiding behind the bedroom door in the Danielle Van Dam case. I just read the entire court documents a week or two ago for that case, so I guess this case and that one merged together in my nightmare.

I was so scared I actually had to turn on my light, turn on the radio, and call my cat to come get in bed with me.

Please thank your nephew for me! What a brave man! My husband just retired from the Army. They sure do go through a lot. Maybe they should put her on the front line!!!!

WELCOME!!!! And please thank your husband from me for his wonderful service!!!

Here is a listing of all the angry emails Travis sent to JA in order by date. To me they show a very telling premeditated tale.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

March 30, 2008 – A text message exchange took place, during which Alexander told Arias he did not want to get another text message from her unless she gave him an apology for exposing him to all the drama in her life.

April 2008 - Burns testified that he first met Arias at a PrePaid Legal convention in Oklahoma in April 2008. A few weeks after that initial meeting, Burns and Arias were chatting on the phone three to five times a week.

April 2008 - Arias moved from Arizona to California. That same month, Alexander posted a blog entry stating, "This Year will be the Best year of my life. This is the year that will eclipse all others. I will earn more, learn more, travel more, serve more, love more, give more and be more than all the other years of my life combined."

April 2008 - Another text conversation that was examined in court took place after Arias moved from Arizona to California. During that conversation, Alexander told Arias to not contact him and warned her that things could get "real bad for her."
"Bitter feelings brewing in me towards you," Alexander wrote in an April 2008 text message to Arias. "I'm sick of having days ruined by you. If it keeps up, I fear I'll have a genuine dislike for you. I'm asking you before it gets to that, to stop doing it, before I start seeking revenge."

April 2008
- These are all FROM Travis TO JA
Do not call me. And do not text me anything. The next thing I want is this michelle K that is friends with Elena(?) that nobody knows but knows details about my life. Not one other thing ever. Until you have that information. Its 15 minutes it would take to get the info. But you won't take 15 minutes... you have that information. its 15 minutes it would take to get the info. But you won't take 15 minutes. Why because it is an Fing lie. So either text me that you are ready to tell the truth or give me your imaginary friend with the worst BS story you have ever told or leave me alone. Its a lie like no other. It is freaking foolish. There is no way out of it, you have screwed up your story so bad you can't mend it. You are caught. When will you realize that. I do not know. You have til tomorrow. To have me this persons information before I tell all of the hughes' leslie udy, the freemans, your parents and anyone else that matters about all the crazy things you have done. So either fess up or feel the wrath. No matter how bad the truth is I promise you the punishment will be better than the lie. This is worse than your magical email that a mysterious man you've never seen before wrote for you. You insult me by thinking ill believe such crap. nothing else from you til the truth. I already know your lying so why continue. After tomorrow, its gonna get real bad for you. Time to spit it out.

May 03, 2008 – Ryan Burns and Arias exchange numerous flirtatious emails including conversations about her visiting him soon and her not playing hard to get.

May 10, 2008 - Arias posted the last entry to her online blog. It reads, in part: "I cannot ignore that there is an ever-present yearning and desire that pulses within me. It throbs for gratification and fulfillment."
That same day, according to prosecutors, Alexander sent this text to Arias: "Why don't you have him come and f--k you in the woods, I can only imagine you are so worried about me reading. You are paranoid because you have no respect for people privacy and you dare insult me of all people. Someone you should through your actions you hate more than love by denying me a human right of privacy countless times. You have a lot of freaking nerve. We are all not like you in that aspect."

May 18, 2008 - Alexander posted the last entry, titled "Why I want to marry a Gold Digger," to his online blog. It reads, in part: "I did a little soul searching and realized that I was lonely ... I realized it was time to adjust my priorities and date with marriage in mind ... This type of dating to me is like a very long job interview and can be exponentially more mentally taxing. Desperately trying to find out if my date has an axe murderer penned up inside of her."

May 26, 2008 - These 3 are all part of one long text, no replies from JA in between:

05/26/08 at 07:59:15am
I sent you a response to your dire conversation, that I hope you read because you need to read it. Maybe it will spark human emotion in you, something that only seems to exist when it comes to your own problems. But everyone else is just a part of your sick agenda. By the way, your pic comment to Danny Jones makes you look like a pure *advertiser censored*, even more to
the people who know you. You should be embarrassed by it. If he knew what I knew
about you he'd spit in ur face. Sow could everyone else. I have never never in my life been hurt so bad by someone. But why do I even say it because you don't care. It doesn't serve your evilness.

05/26/08 at 08:35:02am

You couldn't get off your lazy butt to read it could you. That's the sociopath (I) know so well. it freakin figures

05/26/08 at 09:11:11am

I don't want your apology I want you to understand what I think of you. I want you to understand how evil I think you are. You are the worst thing that ever happened to me.

May 28, 2008 - Yreka, California, police officer Kevin Friedman investigated a robbery (reported theft of a .25 caliber gun, $30 in cash, a stereo and a DVD player ) at the house of Arias’ grandparents on May 28, 2008, just a few days before Alexander was killed.

May 28, 2008 - Ryan Burns testified that towards the end of May 2008, he and Arias had made plans for her to visit his home in West Jordan, Utah.

June 2008 - During the first week of June, Alexander told friends that he suspected Arias had hacked into his Facebook account. He allegedly said that he told her to stay out of his life forever.

June 2, 2008 - Arias, according to police, picked up a vehicle from Budget Rent-a-Car in Redding, Calif.

Krowdkat - This is wonderful...
Everyone keeps asking about these texts and when they occurred. Does someone know how to copy it to the timeline thread??? I would be great to be able to refer to it!

I have not had a nightmare about it but I can say that I have been scared. I live alone and I stayed up really late reading about the case one night. Before I went to bed I checked all the doors again to be sure they were locked. I have a loaded gun in my bedroom but it was not close to the side of the bed I sleep on so I did move that gun closer to where I was sleeping. At 3 in the morning some strange thoughts run through your head. That is how evil this case is.

Nurmi appeared frustrated and dissatisfied with the defendent's answers and explanations in the latter stages of cross. I couldn't help noticing his facial expressions and body language. If he could have stopped her, he would have. She was making a dog's dinner of his defense of her & there was nothing he could do. The hair over face blubbering admissions of stabbing & slitting marked the start of her collapse. Her final day of cross where she agreed to aiming, squeezing the trigger and shooting Travis in the head with sick defeat on her face was a great wrap by Martinez. "Yeah," muttered Arias.

No, she rented a car in California, and it had California plates. She flipped the back one upside down herself somewhere in CA to avoid detection. Cars in CA are generally identified by their back plates, but two plates are required. That's why she stood out to the cop in Utah, out-of-state upside down plates!
She tried to say she was never in AZ, although personally I think AZ plates would have made her less conspicuous there

That just doesn't make sense to me. Why on earth would she drive all around AZ with upside down plates - instead of "avoiding detection", it's actually drawing attention to yourself! Upside down anything to many is an instant signal of distress, needing help, S.O.S., etc. It's well known in the military, which I believe there are many in AZ right?

Plus, ANY law enforcement - highway patrol, sherrif, police, game warden (ok maybe that's a stretch) - could have pulled her over for it being upside down.

IMO, NO WAY she takes that chance of being pulled over in AZ.

She flipped those plates WHEN she wanted to be pulled over...in UT, to establish an alibi.

I've wondered if the picture of Travis sitting on the shower floor was taken at the time of the first attack...be it by gunshot or knife.

It seems like such an awkward pose.

He got up and stumbled to the sink, then attempted to get away by heading down the hall all the while being stabbed. He of course, collapsed at the end of the hall and she finished him off with the slice across the neck.

I know this has been covered before, and I apologize for my ignorance, but where can I find a complete set of the photos found on the camera memory card that JA used to document her depravity?

There was no blood evidence outside the bedroom (other than a small spot on the laundry machine). She would have been coveredhead to toe on blood after that slaghter. She had to have cleaned up before leaving the bedroom, most likely showered over top of travis' body in the shower.

Which could have caused the flooding in the bathroom.

IIRC, they did find blood in the downstairs bath, just 2 drops on the sink and cabinet

That just doesn't make sense to me. Why on earth would she drive all around AZ with upside down plates - instead of "avoiding detection", it's actually drawing attention to yourself! Upside down anything to many is an instant signal of distress, needing help, S.O.S., etc. It's well known in the military, which I believe there are many in AZ right?

Plus, ANY law enforcement - highway patrol, sherrif, police, game warden (ok maybe that's a stretch) - could have pulled her over for it being upside down.

She flipped those plates WHEN she wanted to be pulled over...in UT, to establish an alibi.

I think she switched the plate somewhere very close to TA house so it could not be identified. She put them back on soon after she left. I think in her haste after she left the house and running on adrenaline she made the mistake of putting it on upside down.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Exhibit number 237.008, Walmart receipt. You see this? Correct?

ARIAS: Yes.

ARIAS: This is the Walmart that you went to in Salinas and you purchased a five-gallon gas can, right? You told us that before, right?

ARIAS: Yes, I did.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And you were there on June 3rd of 2008 at 3:22 in the afternoon when you made that purchase, right?

ARIAS: That`s correct.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Would it surprise you to find that on that -- and you said that you got a refund in cash, didn`t you.

ARIAS: Yes, I did.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Would it surprise you that Walmart does not have any record of any refund for a gas can on that date of June 3rd of 2008?

ARIAS: Considering that I returned it, that would surprise me.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Pardon?

ARIAS: Considering that I returned it, that would surprise me.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: It would surprise you?

ARIAS: Yes.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Because you claim you returned it on that day, right?

ARIAS: Yes, I did, and I received cash for it.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Pardon?

ARIAS: And I received cash for it.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And you received cash, OK.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1303/08/ng.01.html

You don't think she could have put them on upside down by accident? Plate numbers don't look terribly different when upside down. Plus, she already had her alibi in RB.

The only case related dream Ive had was that Wilmott was ambidextrous and was writing on a blackboard with her left hand :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth