Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #11 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I placed myself in time out for most of the day (from WS and SM) for fear of commenting out of emotion. There is a lot happening behind the scenes in addition to what the media has released.

Tim and TEQ have specific search areas they’re focusing on, but they don’t want it announced publicly. I’m very confident they’re on the right track though.

At the hearing tomorrow I expect an order of continuance to be granted and the hearing to be rescheduled until late April.

There is so much more I wish I could say, but there will be a time and place for that to happen. Right now we need to focus on finding Lucas. I don’t want to have to make a future post that he’s been missing for a month, two months, a year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Be gentle with yourself. *hug*

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

RMT, you take care of yourself too, and all of you guys out there running around!!

Considering a 1/2 day Tuesday so I can help. I’m sure my boss won’t mind. Haha. Same goes for you! I see all that you do...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So if she gets out tomorrow, she will be able to read here...hmmmmm...

Common law marriage is recognized in Kansas, so I think spousal privilege can still be applied.
IANAL though.
Maybe someone with more legal understanding can chime in.

Not if it’s a criminal act against one of their children.

60-428.B.3

Neither spouse may claim such privilege in a criminal action in which one of them is charged with a crime against the person or property of the other or of a child of either, or a crime against the person or property of a third person committed in the course of committing a crime against the other, or bigamy or adultery, or desertion of the other or of a child of either.

Thank you for everything . I hope you know how much you are appreciated!

ETA: Don't forget to take care of yourself. I know you want to help but I imagine all of this is emotionally draining and I don't want you to feel like you cannot take a breather if you need to.

Thanks for the reminder. ❤️

That was police officers in El Dorado that refused to even look at Lucas because the abuse took place outside of their jurisdiction :(

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

I’d like to see Lucas’ Law prevent anyone who does not have legal custody or has only supervised visitation with their OWN children be prohibited for being the caregiver of someone else’s child. It makes absolute no sense that she was legally able to “care” for Lucas.

I thought the uncle from NM said the same thing- they couldn't do anything about it because not only it wasn't in their jurisdiction, but that they were from out of state as well.
This is the first time I've heard this. How disgusting that possibly more than one police department refused to even lay eyes on him.

I'm not sure if you read about the bloody towel found earlier in this thread in an article posted by Gardener. We have no clue if this is the cause for them to narrow their search tomorrow to a specific and smaller area, but they are asking for the puclics help in tomorrow's search and they aren't giving the name of the area out. You have to send a text to one of two people to sign up to help.

I think it's great TES is keeping these locations confidential for now (we will know afterwards)...the last thing needed is people showing up and throwing off dog scents, contaminating potential crime scenes, etc.

No words needed. (Says the girl who has put a gag order on herself...) Just sayin’. Here if you need anything. Hang in there. Thank you for all you do - for Lucas and so many others. :hugs:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the brief moment of levity!

Thank you all for everything you do and have done. FLA I am sad beyond words that LE in El Dorado and elsewhere also failed this boy.
I feel so helpless and I hate that feeling I can’t imagine how you feel right now. [emoji174][emoji22]
I will continue to try to help, walk neighborhoods where I can, drive the countryside when I can; and try to think of things not yet thought of that might help.
I hope you all sleep well and as has been said before- be sure to take care of yourselves as well because you cannot pour from an empty cup. I consider myself blessed and honored to be a part of this group. (((Hugs)))

I’d like to see Lucas’ Law prevent anyone who does not have legal custody or has only supervised visitation with their OWN children be prohibited for being the caregiver of someone else’s child. It makes absolute no sense that she was legally able to “care” for Lucas.

:clap:

That was police officers in El Dorado that refused to even look at Lucas because the abuse took place outside of their jurisdiction :(

I understand your frustration but I think it's important to note that if they could do something I'm sure they would have but the law is very clear, LE cannot act on a crime if it wasn't committed in their jurisdiction. It's lousy, I know, but unfortunately it's just the way things are. I've always been told that in that particular situation (wanting to report a crime that occurred in another jurisdiction) that there are two options: first, ask to make a report with the local police dept then get the report number and use that number when you report it to the agency that has jurisdiction over the case; the second option is to report it to the state police who can either investigate it or kick it down to whatever local agency would be required.

Sorry for any reposts.

"Police continue to ask for tips from the public in the case of missing 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez, Officer Charley Davidson said. Fewer tips are coming in, he said, so police closed the emergency operations center tip line and are asking tipsters to call detectives or Crime Stoppers.

"Get that information to us so we can use that information as we continue to investigate in hopes of finding Lucas," Davidson said. He did not say how many tips are still coming in."

Police close tip line for missing 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez; EquuSearch returns
BY JASON TIDD
jtidd@wichitaeagle.com
March 12, 2018 12:52 PM
Updated 7 hours 30 minutes ago
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article204674149.html

I still don't grasp this. How would anyone know WHERE the abuse took place? Unless it was actually witnessed you'd have no idea. If you go to the hospital with an abused child do they seriously refuse to look at them if they are from another state? It's just wrong. It should have been easy enough to document it and do a report on it.

Then again we had a pedestrian/vehicle accident right next to a city border once. The ambulance responded and said "Sorry, not our jurisdiction" and left the person bleeding in the road because they were literally thrown across the city border when they got hit.

I guess this is kind of the same thing. I couldn't live with myself if I did that, but I guess that's why I'm not a first responder. Too many rules and regulations to follow for me to feel like I was doing the right things.

Absolutely, this is one of the biggest travesties of this whole case! If someone had just paid more freaking attention!

I understand your frustration but I think it's important to note that if they could do something I'm sure they would have but the law is very clear, LE cannot act on a crime if it wasn't committed in their jurisdiction. It's lousy, I know, but unfortunately it's just the way things are. I've always been told that in that particular situation (wanting to report a crime that occurred in another jurisdiction) that there are two options: first, ask to make a report with the local police dept then get the report number and use that number when you report it to the agency that has jurisdiction over the case; the second option is to report it to the state police who can either investigate it or kick it down to whatever local agency would be required.
Are police officers not mandated reporters? Mandated reporters are required by law to report suspected child abuse/neglect. Even if they couldn't investigate, etc. because it's out of their jurisdiction (which I completely understand), they're still required by law to report suspected abuse to DCF.

Day 24 in search for Lucas Hernandez
Police say less tips are coming in now
Wil Day
11:01 AM, Mar 12, 2018
https://www.kfdi.com/news/day-24-in-search-for-lucas-hernandez

"However, police announced this morning during their regularly scheduled media briefing that the tip line will no longer be manned. They ask people instead call investigators directly at 268-4407 or Crime Stoppers, at 267-2111.

Officer Charley Davidson says the change was made because the number of tips coming in had dropped significantly."

Henry if TES doesn’t need additional help tomorrow I’ll tackle some off of your opportunity list. I’m 92.7% sure it’ll be a 1/2 day if I can knock out what I need to in the am. Confident that I won’t be much help to them anyway... I’ll let ya know if I’ve made any progress. I probably just jinxed myself at the office!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member