Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #22 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you able to make out what is on the table or whatever it is where the cigarettes and ashtray are?

I've been trying to look at that table too. She moves something small and dark (black?) from one side of the ashtray to the other, and I can't make it out.

JMO

Nah, you can plea to lesser charges even with traffic tickets. The simple fact is CE charge is to hit her where it hurts and keep her off the streets, they aren't looking to cut her any slack while she's lying about where Lucas is - the opposite, in fact. They're gonna throw everything they have at her as hard as they can.
Yes, on trival things like traffic, true, but if she chose to take it to a jury trial because she's being held with an astronomically high bond for the charge, then there's not going to be a plea deal offered.

I've been trying to look at that table too. She moves something small and dark (black?) from one side of the ashtray to the other, and I can't make it out.

JMO
I seen that too, it appears very subtle with her left hand, like she is sticking it in her sweatshirt pocket or something.

JMO

I thought it looked like a lighter and then it looked like she picked up a cigarette right before the video cut away.

JMO
I hope the jury members realize the severity of the charges. Its one thing to be self destructive and smoke whatever you want in your own home but its a whole other ballgame when you endanger the little ones you are supposed to be caring for. Let alone endangering the public on the roads.

I hope they keep the charges in mind and fully understand what she is being charged with because if they focus only on the smoking part they may be inclined to cut her a break if they have not followed this case closely.

They offer plea deals all the time for misdemeanors. Lessens the load on the court docket if they take it. When I was charged with serving a minor (innocent btw) I was offered a plea deal, to just pay a fine no time served. And every person on the docket in my courtroom was lined up in the hall and offered some deal. (All misdemeanors) source-personal experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with this, but when you're sitting with other charges forth coming, and a large bond, they don't want to get it off the docket, so a plea deal is highly unlikely in that scenario.

KAKE Monica Castro
@KAKEmonica
The defense attorney asked Det. Shoemaker if investigators could have asked Emily to submit to any tests to determine if marijuana was in her system? He replied yes. However, there are only written/verbal statements that she smoked. Weed or paraphernalia never found at her house

Yes, on trival things like traffic, true, but if she chose to take it to a jury trial, there's not going to be a plea deal offered.

Well, a plea is usually done before trial is even scheduled unless prosecuters feel like they might not have enough evidence to convict, then they may offer something just so the perp doesn't get off completely. They have no desire or intention of offering her a plea on this IMO.

I thought it looked like a lighter and then it looked like she picked up a cigarette right before the video cut away.

I thought of a lighter too, but it could also be one of those little one-hitters...I'm going to study it some more later because I'm following all the twitter accounts and can't keep up! Lol

JMO

Well, a plea is usually done before trial is even scheduled unless prosecuters feel like they might not have enough evidence to convict, then they may offer something just so the perp doesn't get off completely. They have no desire or intention of offering her a plea on this IMO.
Yes, thanks for saying this. That's what I was implying. There was no chance of a plea. Generally a misdemeanor is only getting pled out if the end effect is pretty similar and it isn't a big issue to public, etc.

I agree with this, but when you're sitting with other charges forth coming, and a large bond, they don't want to get it off the docket, so a plea deal is highly unlikely in that scenario.

Oh I get that but I was replying to this comment -and subsequent response- which seemed to say misdemeanors in general don’t get plead down

Pretty rare to get a plea deal for a misdemeanor.

by ‎@CraigAndresKSN

Craig Andres
@CraigAndresKSN
Replying to @CraigAndresKSN
Defense had no questions for that witness. Testimony was quick. Now Glass defense is moving for case to be dropped, with jury out of the room.

I wonder if she will be asked about the pregnancy
MOO

She admitted it to WPD. She admitted it to someone in county. But sure let’s drop the case. :facepalm:

Craig Andres
@CraigAndresKSN
woman who was in segwick count jail says Emily Glass told her that Glass got "very high" before driving to Olive Garden.

That was a great idea. You're in jail for driving with your kid in the car while high, and you go around telling people just how high you were? Thanks, Emily!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum