Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a risky little gamble if EG waiting that many days to report him missing. I mean what if he had been discovered before that by some random person? Obviously I’m not able to figure out how the mind of someone capable of murdering and disposing of a child works but I would be so paranoid every minute.

definitely agree and she prob was paranoid, erratic etc. but i think there were prob 2 crucial factors for her, both which involve buying time:

1. she couldnt call 911 and play the role of the loving stepmom who claim he died in his sleep bc she knew that Lucas' body wouldnt appear to be that of a healthy five year old. by hiding his body, she could buy time so he could be discovered as late as possible/with as little evidence as possible.

2. since hiding his body was a must, from there, i think by waiting to report him missing, she bought herself time to concoct her story and plan pin this on someone else (vday lie, homeless kid, possibly other options/ideas she based on whom she interacted with throughout the week).

truthfully, whats most shocking to me is that the PI got her to reveal the body. i thought she'd maybe wait until Lucas was found (if he ever was) and play dumb/she didnt know he was there. but at the same time, shes caught herself in a lot of lies and maybe what i outlined above were her initial thoughts and it didnt go as planned....

Love your writing skills! I was just discussing with dh last night about how this story will become a movie. I hope it's done in Lucas's honor of how he was loved. I was super unhappy with the CA movie. It lacked essence imo.
Thanks. I agree with the CA assessment. I keep thinking about Long Island Lolita. They made three of those. This one also has the capacity.

One thing that has bugged me since the beginning , Lucas was reportedly sick with tummy issues? Yet we are being told details from EG on meals prepared for him . None of this makes sense because he’d apparently been to the dr has a rx for Zofran ? But I have 3 grown children, one much younger still at home , plus a bonus grand that Is in my care fully. When a child is sick with these issues the first thing you do is totally modify the diet. You have to give the gut time to heal. So it’s liquids if you do give food you must put them on the BRAT diet. Which is the things I’d expect to see EG making Lucas. You do NOT feed him the foods she mentioned your only going to make the problem worse. This is nothing that’s changed from 20 plus years ago when my oldest was a baby, toddler , child. It was the same when my youngest was born. Of course I’ve been given the same advice when I’ve taken my bonus toddler in or just called when he’s been sick.
If she was really feeding him at all , if she were feeding him the things mentioned then she was just making him suffer more. I’m not sure I buy the entire story about him seeing a doctor and was still throwing up after weeks. A child that young not recovering, if under a doctors care would of been admitted to the hospital for IV treatment . They would dehydrate quickly. I also don’t believe EG would be able to deal with cleaning up puke non stop. I detest it myself and I’m not lazy more OCD. I also feel horrible for the said child because I know how awful that makes you feel. I couldn’t of let this go on for so long I’d be begging them to help my child.

However who am I kidding this is Not even a human taking care of him it’s monster. Honestly for some one like her a sick kid could totally set her off. I often wonder if he indeed was puking a lot and she would beat the crap out of him every time he did so. Along with grabbing him and throwing him in the tub to wash it off ... time to step back

Good question! Could something have been taped prior?
IMO he’s face timing EG and MH. LucAs isn’t feeling well says EG she walks with the phone over to Lucas’s room and says oh he fell asleep. Maybe there was just a bundle of blankets in the bed. Maybe he was in the bed but covered. So Jonathan in his laa laa Brain does in fact face time Lucas. But did he really? The definition of the term can mean different things to different people . I’m not bothered by that claim at all. IMO he’s telling the truth in his bizarre way.

One thing that has bugged me since the beginning , Lucas was reportedly sick with tummy issues? Yet we are being told details from EG on meals prepared for him . None of this makes sense because he’d apparently been to the dr has a rx for Zofran ? But I have 3 grown children, one much younger still at home , plus a bonus grand that Is in my care fully. When a child is sick with these issues the first thing you do is totally modify the diet. You have to give the gut time to heal. So it’s liquids if you do give food you must put them on the BRAT diet. Which is the things I’d expect to see EG making Lucas. You do NOT feed him the foods she mentioned your only going to make the problem worse. This is nothing that’s changed from 20 plus years ago when my oldest was a baby, toddler , child. It was the same when my youngest was born. Of course I’ve been given the same advice when I’ve taken my bonus toddler in or just called when he’s been sick.
If she was really feeding him at all , if she were feeding him the things mentioned then she was just making him suffer more. I’m not sure I buy the entire story about him seeing a doctor and was still throwing up after weeks. A child that young not recovering, if under a doctors care would of been admitted to the hospital for IV treatment . They would dehydrate quickly. I also don’t believe EG would be able to deal with cleaning up puke non stop. I detest it myself and I’m not lazy more OCD. I also feel horrible for the said child because I know how awful that makes you feel. I couldn’t of let this go on for so long I’d be begging them to help my child.

However who am I kidding this is Not even a human taking care of him it’s monster. Honestly for some one like her a sick kid could totally set her off. I often wonder if he indeed was puking a lot and she would beat the crap out of him every time he did so. Along with grabbing him and throwing him in the tub to wash it off ... time to step back
Yes! Yes! Remember her focus in her written statement.
Food, cleaning, laundry, bathing and her hands. These are the critical factors in Lucas’ death. By her own hands!

Been following along and trying to digest everything after the NG episode.

If the bombshell about the timing of when he passed ends up true then it tells me that LE has some way to know that. The autopsy could be one way and another way is if LE got someone close to her to open up to them and tell the truth about some things. Not necessarily EG or JH.

I suppose we have to wait to see what pans out from all this.

Someone stop the merry go round, I'm getting nauseous.....

Honestly, I never understood why keeping contact with the 2 bio kids were such a big deal to HER. She didn't try to satisfy court orders to make it happen, and never intended to financially contribute. She's obviously lazy, so actually watching them,along with Lucas and her one year old was probably more than she wanted to do. I imagine her ex would have been happy just to waive child support if she JUST STAYED THE HELL AWAY from them.
Being angry about losing visitation with them enough to murder poor Lucas just doesn't quite sit right with me.

MOO and stuff.

I believe EG said “FaceTime” but then corrected herself, saying JH couldn’t get a signal at work for that so they used some sort of app for video chat. I can’t remember the name.

So THIS^^^ is very confusing. In the court hearing, it was stated on the record, that a neighbor spoke with Lucas on the 16th. [or was it the 17th?]

So was that neighbor a week off? I don't get it....

I am behind, but that's what I've been saying. I'm hoping by the time I get caught up, there is some clarification.

JMO

From WS Post 977 prior thread:
"The biggest problem I have believing he could have died from complications of influenza is Lucas was never reported to have signs and symptoms of influenza. (There can have stomach issues, however, this is usually caused by drainage and is not constant vomiting.)"

Key Facts About Influenza (Flu) | Seasonal Influenza (Flu) | CDC

Jan. 23, 2018: The day after the school nurse saw the injuries, Lucas came to her office with a stomachache. The school nurse called Glass, who picked up Lucas, and he returned to school two days later with a note from a pediatric nurse practitioner at GraceMed Jardine Clinic...

The school nurse said that Lucas missed school on Feb. 1 because he was throwing up at school. He vomited again on Feb. 6, and Glass picked him up. He missed the next two days of school.

Feb. 9, 2018: Lucas came to school for the last time. He again had a doctor’s note, this time stating he had a stomach virus. The school nurse said that when she found out that he had not been at school [Feb 12-16], she left two voice messages with Glass.

Feb. 16, 2018: It was a Friday, the day before Glass reported Lucas missing. He was in his room watching a movie ...Glass “admitted she left 5 year old Lucas at home alone,” the document says. “She said she checked on Lucas before she left and he was asleep.”
Horrific new details emerge in court document about missing 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez

IMO, Lucas was not at school the week of February 12 either because he was still sick or deceased.

IMO, the most important revelation today was JH statement that Lucas was treated (being treated) with Rx Zofran. (I believe JH posed a possible problem from this Rx in NG interview).

Although Zofran is only approved for preventing nausea and vomiting for patients about to undergo chemotherapy or surgery, popular off-label use is for Children vomiting, dehydration, and/or flu symptoms. Patients like Lucas may have hidden risk factors that, together with ondansetron (Zofran), could affect the heart's rhythm, leading to QT interval prolongation. This medication also carries a risk of causing slowed or stopped breathing in babies and toddlers. In 2006 the FDA recommended it not be used for children under age 2.

Perhaps we received our our first hint of EG defense ........
The throwing up at school though , I honestly don’t know that everytime we can say it was related to a actual illness. I can’t count how many times I would be called to pick up a sick child only to get her home and she was totally fine. Then it would happen again. The child was having anxiety and making herself sick. Much much later we discovered the root cause of it all. She was being abused at school dcf had 12 reports filed from witnesses who saw it happen. I had no clue until the day she came home with a hand print embedded in her skin. I called to police and rushed her to her dr. Who immediately confirmed it was abuse a case wasn’t even investigated they said it was a determined or confirmed case. Our pediatrician happens to be the one in our part of Kansas that actually works for the state and rules If it’s possibly , forcertian or doesn’t appear to be actual abuse. Often it’s during a trial when he has to determine it. So they didn’t even investigate my child was under dcf care during the hours she was away from home in the school. She was failed by the system terribly we found out during the first meeting of the 12 different reports never checked out. So my point is the throwing up could of been related totally to the abuse. Maybe even he could make himself do it at school just to get that much needed attention. A subconscious type of thing he was crying out for help but unable to actually SAY the words out of fear. My child could and still can make herself throw up . Now looking back I know what was going on but my child couldn’t verbally say anything period. But she did in fact “cry out for help” by throwing up getting sent home.
Just anxiety over small things can make a kid get sick just saying. Now I’m crying reliving all that. This case effects me in so many ways it’s unreal .

I am also leaning this way. But wth is wrong with JH that he wouldn’t have spoken with his son (or been surprised that he couldn’t) between the 11th and 17th? Why wasn’t he suspicious about that? Did he often go that long without speaking to his baby boy? I can’t imagine.
If Emily Glass was saying Lucas was too sick to be on the phone?' She probably had excuses all lined up.

I believe LE has additional information of the date Lucas died. And while we can speculate we won’t be certain until the evidence is admitted in court.

There are to many unknown bits and pieces being leaked and shared that changes even our basic timeline.

I do think all VIs and family did their best to share what they were able in the context told them.

But this has been into the classic docudrama explaining HOW TO HERD CATS.

I wonder about her background and what her family thinks of her today.
Completely agree. And honestly, even some of the facts coming from the court are confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876