Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
....which is another gutwrenching thing about this whole story, just heartbreaking that Jamie wanted to do the right thing for Lucas, but who could have known? :(
This is the most tragic part of this case. How many times when we hear about child abuse do we wonder why thrt didn't just give custody of the child up. JO did what she needed to do for Lucas to have a good life, and his life became horrible instead. I don't know the details of JO's past, but from what we've seen of her, she would have been a much better option for Lucas. Clearly, it could not have gotten worse. It's heart wrenching to think of what JO has to live with because she tried to do what was best for her child.

When I first read that, my heart dropped into my stomach. Imagine the poor child feeling the need to cover up his bruises like that. I wonder, did kids ask him at school why he had so many bruises? Did many people question him that he had to answer over and over again where he got the bruises? A child that age usually isn't that vain, especially a boy. Heck, half the time they can't tell you where they get their bruises on their legs and arms because they're too busy playing and don't notice that they hurt themselves. He must have been ashamed of them to want to hide them. Poor kid.

right, it also broke my heart bc little kids, and without inserting gender roles too much but prob more so little boys are usually proud of bruises. he may have been too young to be "macho" about them but youd think at the very least he'd have no shame.

ill never forget when i was 7 (and fwiw im a girl) and i had a huge scrape/cut from my ankle up to my knee/inner thigh from sliding down a tree that was way too high to climb and a few other bruises due to my "graceful landing". i nearly gave my mom a heart attack but all i could think about was how excited i was to go to school the next day and tell everyone how high i climbed (and oh i told everyone). one thing about JH that never sat right w me is even without the actual bruises, i feel like that natural excitement/Lucas natural personality should have been showing in Lucas regularly and if it wasnt, he should have noticed even if he wasnt home a lot. @Amonet posted a good theoretical dialogue earlier between LH and JH and imo, JH should have noticed if Lucas was excited or neutral about the bruises vs withdrawn or distracted. again, JH has been a wildcard for me but its upsetting that he couldnt read or deliberately ignored what he saw in his own child.

Thing about this drive-by is I haven’t seen or heard LE mention it and there is nothing on the police log that mentions anything around that time, other than EG’s suicide, involving guns. If anyone has seen it mentioned by MSM or LE(other than NG), please direct me towards it :)
I haven’t seen it posted in MSM. I saw screenshots in the comments on one of the new stations’ FB page of a comment allegedly posted by a neighbor stating two shots heard, approximately 4 mins apart. Kicking myself for not paying closer attention where I saw it. I didn’t share because the person who posted the screenshots on the FB page didn’t redact the neighbor’s name. (I know I couldn’t share, but I could’ve hinted “interesting comments...”. Sorry I didn’t.)

Edited: let’s see if I can do this correctly. Here’s a link to the KAKE FB page re the initial report of a shooting death at the house. Scroll waaayyyy down. Interesting comment by someone with the initials SM... (Note: these aren’t screenshots, but rather the posts by the neighbor. I must’ve seen them screenshotted -is that a word?- on another FB post.)

Edited again. Nope it won’t link to the post. Scroll to June 8th, 3:21 am “Deadly shooting at Emily Glass home” and check comments from SM.

KAKE-TV

Last edited:
Thing about this drive-by is I haven’t seen or heard LE mention it and there is nothing on the police log that mentions anything around that time, other than EG’s suicide, involving guns. If anyone has seen it mentioned by MSM or LE(other than NG), please direct me towards it :)

I can forward you the Wichita PD police scanner for the night of 6/7 and the very early morning of 6/8 if you'd like. I am not sure local media covered anything about it since appears no one was hurt in connection with the other gunshots.

I haven’t seen it posted in MSM. I saw screenshots in the comments on one of the new station’s FB page of a comment allegedly posted by a neighbor stating two shots heard, approximately 4 mins apart. Kicking myself for not paying closer attention where I saw it. I didn’t share because the person who posted the screenshots on the FB page didn’t redact the neighbor’s name. (I know I couldn’t share, but I could’ve hinted “interesting comments...”. Sorry I didn’t.)
I think that someone had mentioned the comments and to look on the news stations page under a certain person's comments. They used initials of the person. I read them over the weekend.

Afterwards he can no longer speak, and I'm not sure but anything he said before his death could be now be hearsay? ( in a court of law)
I'm not convinced This woman SE, Or the other woman Nacy Grace interviewed.is not connected to EG, or someone connected to her.
This case just keeps getting crazier,and crazier.
If LE had the foresight to video record a statement or the interview, it could be admissible. Sometimes in cases where the person has died or isn’t able to testify, if they made a written statement that can be admissible as well.

I think that someone had mentioned the comments and to look on the news stations page under a certain person's comments. They used initials of the person. I read them over the weekend.
I found the original neighbor comments (SM) - not screenshots - on the KAKE FB. The article posted at 3:21 am on June 8th re shooting at Emily Glass home. You’ll have to scroll down quite a bit to find SM’s comments re two gunshots.

Leigh E said on NG that there was a drive by shooting in the area, which could account for the neighbor hearing a second (perhaps unrelated shot). I cannot link to the post, but here’s the KAKE FB page .

KAKE-TV

right, it also broke my heart bc little kids, and without inserting gender roles too much but prob more so little boys are usually proud of bruises. he may have been too young to be "macho" about them but youd think at the very least he'd have no shame.

ill never forget when i was 7 (and fwiw im a girl) and i had a huge scrape/cut from my ankle up to my knee/inner thigh from sliding down a tree that was way too high to climb and a few other bruises due to my "graceful landing". i nearly gave my mom a heart attack but all i could think about was how excited i was to go to school the next day and tell everyone how high i climbed (and oh i told everyone). one thing about JH that never sat right w me is even without the actual bruises, i feel like that natural excitement/Lucas natural personality should have been showing in Lucas regularly and if it wasnt, he should have noticed even if he wasnt home a lot. @Amonet posted a good theoretical dialogue earlier between LH and JH and imo, JH should have noticed if Lucas was excited or neutral about the bruises vs withdrawn or distracted. again, JH has been a wildcard for me but its upsetting that he couldnt read or deliberately ignored what he saw in his own child.

That's a really good point. I don't know how many parents would have that skill though? Or how many would take the time to think that way and look for those signs? I'm not a parent, is that something most would consider normal parenting skills level, or would it be more of a skill that a professional (medical or child protection) would need training to pick up on those signs?

Afterwards he can no longer speak, and I'm not sure but anything he said before his death could be now be hearsay? ( in a court of law)
I'm not convinced This woman SE, Or the other woman Nacy Grace interviewed.is not connected to EG, or someone connected to her.
This case just keeps getting crazier,and crazier.
There will not be a trial against EG, so anything he said won't be used in a court even if he were alive.

Well, remember we were told about the land lord's sighting and that Emily was pregnant, to which neither was true, it turns out.
Do we now know for sure she wasn't pregnant?
Also, per FLA the LL sighting was "accurate" at the time we learned of it. The dates were refined later in the investigation.

Crazy for????? Who are they covering for??? Who are they throwing under the bus????
Me thinks the Lady/Ladies doth protesteth too much.
Just saying.
I think none of the above. They're the typical odd people who push themselves into a high profile case when they don't actually know anyone truly involved.

Please define “hit” and “dangerous situation.” Does that include spanking in love and restraint, or not vaccinating children, or leaving kids in the car with the windows down while running into a rural gas station? The problem is the subjectivity of the definitions. That causes distrust of the state. Not at play on this case, but important to note in the broader discussion of the role of the state in parenting (which should be minimal).

I follow the rule that if I'm questioning it, I'm calling it in just in case. I'd rather over report than under report.

Let's hope it don't change the future with more children.Since neither can take of the ones they have.
You're pretty presumptuous...JO has mentioned Lucas' sister in several statements, and it sounds as if she's caring for that child herself. She gave up physical custody of Lucas 5 years ago, a lot of her situation could have changed since then, so I don't think we have any knowledge she cannot care for a child now.

So, you have to be able to identify the child. If you are in public and see a parent hit a child in a manner you deem inappropriate, unless you can get a license plate, you have no way to ID the child or parent. You can’t report it in that case and wouldn’t be “required” to. Right?

If I'm in public and I see an adult hit a child, I would call 911. I have before.

A woman open handed hit a 6 or 7 year old in the back of the leg at McDonald's. I could not identify them other than what they were wearing. The cops did show up but nothing was done. Had she left, the cops would have never made contact. So, the system is flawed, but I did my part.

I have also reported to the hotline when I was a substitute teacher that a 7th grader said he was starving and was always in dirty clothing and had lice.

I have called 911 on my neighbors when a 2 or 3 year old was in the apartment building in the stair well. I did not myself touch or move the child, I just stayed with her until the cops showed up to find her parents. I did not know what apartment she came from. Apparently my neighbor had fallen asleep while babysitting and the baby got out.

I have called the hotline one my sister's neighbors before as well.

These are just times I have reported while "off the clock". Although as a social worker, I am never "off the clock". Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper