Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
REGIONAL FORENSIC SCIENCE CENTER
Frequently Asked Questions:

1) How do I obtain an autopsy report? Autopsy reports, once completed, are public records under the Kansas Open Records Act (KORA). To receive a free copy of an autopsy report via email or a printed certified copy of an autopsy report, please contact the Clerk of District Court at (316) 660-5900. Records and information can also be obtained at rfscinfo@sedgwick.gov.

Frequently Asked Questions | Sedgwick County, Kansas

Do we now know for sure she wasn't pregnant?
Also, per FLA the LL sighting was "accurate" at the time we learned of it. The dates were refined later in the investigation.
I thought the dates were only in question due to the blurb at the end of the program where NG interviewed JH. Has LE made a statement? Sorry if I missed that.

Twitter shows your own time zone. That Tweet is at 1:58 am for me, which is 2:58 am in Wichita. So about an hour after the 1:45 am call to police.
Ooooohhh *smacks forehead*

Who wants to bet a Butterfinger that somewhere tomorrow folks are talking about how it's a conspiracy because of the "altered" timeline in the Briefing :D

It shouldn't take a random caseworker arbitrarily deciding based on abusers words and cursory glances whether a child's life is at risk.

I knew this 30 years ago. Government is just too good to make that one itty bitty change. Move the heck up off 'has to be in dire threat of dying right this minute' to Child is suffering.

When adults and agencies recognize the cost our next generation is paying by pretending everything is fine, it will end.

But it never will. Because everyone wants to point the finger instead of stand for that one little truth... abuse is so intolerable we won't even look at it to recognize it where it is.

Argh! I'm so behind I decided to reply to a couple of great posts anyway without reading forward.

First I agree that adults and agencies need to recognize the impact of ignoring what is going on with our children and how that affects the next generation. And IMO society in general. Abused children often grow up to be abusers and some never become contributing members to society.

On a selfish note, I don't want me, my kids and their kids to become victims of crimes committed by what I think of as "the lost children." It only takes a modicum of care and attention to turn these kids around - I've mentored a few and have seen amazing results and I'm no professional, just someone who wanted to help them see that they could choose not to be like their parents. It's not rocket science.

Secondly, a retired judge told me that the government hates admitting they're wrong and will follow bad legislation with more bad legislation in an attempt to "fix" the problem rather than scrap it and start over. I agree and IMO it includes Children's Services. Look at how many articles we see where DCF talks about reforms yet nothing of import ever happens.

EG talked a good game about "growing" and "evolving," following ridiculous FB groups full of woo. JH IMO can't come to grips with his ownership in Lucas' abuse and instead chooses to continue to turn a blind eye to the obvious. I have yet to see evidence that a lightbulb has turned on in his head.

For his daughter's sake I hope that will change but I also hope he will be required to participate in some sort of parenting class and is closely monitored before she goes back to him. Kids need their parents but the parents need to understand that their kid's safety and welfare come first and anyone they bring into the home should be willing to do the same. All MOO.

I thought the dates were only in question due to the blurb at the end of the program where NG interviewed JH. Has LE made a statement? Sorry if I missed that.
I think that started it, but our VI said that the LL didn't lie, but that as the investigation moved forward the dates were possibly different.

This is not directed at you personally Charlie, I just thought of something JH said to NG

I remember the WS discussion of the school note that many who have medical knowledge of the HIPPA laws stated they doubt that anyone in the medical field will write in a note pertaining to how an injury may have occurred. Now I am wondering if the note was written by a professional.

NG Interview. She asked JH if Lucas had any type of health issue at the time of his disappearance and he said that they BOTH, (he and EG) took Lucas to the Doctor. "Lucas had been vomiting for a few weeks and he was given the Zofran script." This few weeks would be before he left, Feb. 9th? to return back to work. (At mark 39:40 NG podcast with JH he talks about Lucas going to the doctor.)

I am not sure if JH is saying they went to the doctors office which was at Grace Medical Jardine Clinic but in the notes dated Jan. 23rd to the school nurse, Lucas did not see a doctor, he was actually examined by a nurse practitioner who also wrote the script. There may be a chance the nurse practitioner did write the note? Or is a separate time that JH says he they took Lucas to a doctor? Is a doctor just a generalized word, doctor but the nurse practitioner sees the patient. This fact is not known yet but JH did say Lucas was seen by a medical professional.

I wonder if all of his injuries, the noticed weight loss, abrasions, bruises- all of it -was noted in his chart. Another mandated reporter that could help with Child Abuse.
OMG I just caught that vomiting for a few weeks. The poor baby I can't imagine how long he suffered from God only knows what was done to him.
Sweet little Lucas.

I agree. I suppose I should have better explained in my original post that my wondering why it doesn't seem to be a priority for him or even on his radar doesn't mean I feel he is a fit parent who can provide a safe, stable, loving home. I was already questioning that.

Those thoughts/doubts were compounded when I realized that he had never mentioned her in interviews or articles; there was never a mention of a desire to "get MH back" along with his desire to find Lucas. Sad. Depressing really, for MH, even if she is better off with different caregivers in a different home.
I think he barely knew MH. He was hardly home since her birth.

OMG I just caught that vomiting for a few weeks. The poor baby I can't imagine how long he suffered from God only knows what was done to him.
Sweet little Lucas.
Wouldn't he have been dehydrated? The Dr. prescribed Zofran to help with the vomiting? Anything else? Like something for dehydration? I'm not believing a "Dr." was seen. Maybe a cousin in the nursing industry, but not a Dr.

I think he barely knew MH. He was hardly home since her birth.
My dad travelled extensively, far more than JH, during my entire life, and before video calls, or even decent cell phones, and I have always known my dad well, and been close with him. Point being, I think you can be an involved parent during even a small time you are home and still have a susbtantial impact on your child.

Wouldn't he have been dehydrated? The Dr. prescribed Zofran to help with the vomiting? Anything else? Like something for dehydration? I'm not believing a "Dr." was seen. Maybe a cousin in the nursing industry, but not a Dr.
I think earlier today someone posted the in one of JH's interviews he stated he went to the doctor with LH. I don't think at this stage in the game he's going to lie about something easily verifiable.

i wonder if between her jail time, drug dealers prob wanting to stay a bit clear from her and JH not 100% funding her lifestyle anymore (maybe he was, im speculating he pulled back due to there being no kids to support/tension between them), if she had sobered up in the past 3 months, at least on and off, and if it brought some bits of clarity to her what a monster she had become. not that it excuses her behavior, or anyone's, when under the influence of any narcotic, but im wondering if her sober self had flashbacks to horrible things she had done but she still was sometimes using drugs these past three months & she couldnt deal with this jekyll & hyde persona she created in addition to her entire life crumbling around her.

i really want to stay focused on Lucas' and not EG so to clarify, i am only posting this bc i am hoping that EGs actions between Feb 11(ish)-her suicide will lead us to some clarity as to what happened with Lucas.
I have so many conflicting feelings surrounding this whole case...

But... I have been wondering quite a bit about what you have stated above...

Perhaps EG's forced moments of sobriety since her first incarceration after Lucas's "disappearance" provided her with some clarity in her past actions...

And she was actually appalled and ashamed at these hideous actions...

and this is part of her reason for suicide....

NOTE: I am NOT defending EG at all...
just trying to makes some kind of sense of her final actions...

JMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member