Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how long JH has had his out of state job? It’s one thing that really caught my attention with this whole case.

I don’t mean to talk about myself, but I spent a few years trapped in an abusive relationship with someone who also had substance abuse issues and some sort of undiagnosed personality disorder. Things would be great for a few days or weeks, and then the storm would start to move in. When that happened, we would tend to step back and avoid one another for a week or so.

Very unhealthy relationship and I’m still dealing with the after effects. But I was young and didn’t realize until it was way too late what I was dealing with. By that point, it was extremely difficult to pull myself out and get away from that madness.

Which makes me wonder if JH “conveniently” had his out of state job because it allowed his relationship with EG to “work” more or less. It gave them time apart. I agree very much with the above poster who said they enabled each other.

This is my opinion only, but it seems obvious that JH needed someone to run the house and care for his child (plus MH once she came along). EG needed somewhere to live (did I read she had been homeless at one point?) and she needed someone to provide for her. It seems to me they had a relationship of convenience, more or less. Each one providing something the other needed, rather than a “real” relationship based on love.

Family, friends and search volunteers gather for private memorial service for Lucas
A picture of 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez smiling sat at the front of the room where his family and friends along with search volunteers gathered to celebrate his life.

The family extended a personal invitation to Eyewitness news to attend.

Three objects, a Batman box, a book, and a stuffed animal all contained Lucas' ashes, each going to a different family member.

Pastor Tom Scott spoke on behalf of the family, describing Lucas as a boy with an endless love for life, "He loved his family, his sister, brother, parents, grandparents. He liked to be outside and play, he was adventurous, he loved to make forts out of boxes."

Meth shows up in urine within 1-4 days of using. So he could hypothetically get high on Saturday and Sunday, tweak out for two days, then crash Monday after work and not use for a couple days, get drug tested and pass. It’s not impossible imo.
IMO, I cannot see him driving 11hrs to and from work multiple times the last few weeks WITHOUT meth. At least, I wouldn’t be able to safely drive 11hrs, have my child found 45min after my arriving at work, and then drive 11hr back....

Diet pills, especially back before the 70s, were legal speed, and many women took more than what was prescribed, MOO. Here's an article : America’s First Amphetamine Epidemic 1929–1971: A Quantitative and Qualitative Retrospective With Implications for the Present
I truly do not mean to invalidate your experiences, and I’m so sorry that your mom was abusive. But diet pills are a far cry from meth.
i don’t believe the poster was equating the drug of choice but the shared experience of abuse and that an adult living in the household was unaware due to the ability of the abuser to flip the switch when the other parent was around.

Do we know how often JH’s employer randomly tests employees?
My employer drug tests pre-employment and randomly tests. However, I haven’t been drug tested since I started 22 years ago.
In many heavily regulated jobs such as mining, oil and gas production etc where the danger of death to self or others is higher random testing is mandated by the government. I ran the scalehouse and managed the office at a mining quarry and was subjected to random ua’s on a regular basis myself.

The police were called and they refused to look at him. Jonathan caught wind that he was covered in bruises and Emily was being blamed so he sent Emily to pick him up before he could be taken to the ER.

I will personally live the rest of my life regretting not doing more. And I deserve to live with this guilt. Because I failed him. He needed me and I failed him. So, yes, "hindsight" I guess.
I don’t believe you failed him. I believe the system failed him. Hugs to you and your family. My heart is broken for all of you.

Too bad he couldn’t have approached Lucas’s mom to see if she could help with childcare while he was gone working. But I doubt Emily would have let that happen, and I doubt JH cared enough to even think about it. I understand that JO agreed to JH having legal custody of Lucas, but I wish they had a CO. That way there could have been a ROFR that ordered Lucas to be in the care of his mother while his father was away working.

I can’t stress enough how imperative court orders are when it comes to custody. Never, ever, be at the mercy of the other parent. Document everything. Get a formal CO and stick to it like gospel if you are in a high conflict situation. Sorry, not trying to be preachy, but pretty much daily I read posts about major issues due to lack of COs on the stepparenting forum I follow.
All of what you said!!

Do we know how often JH’s employer randomly tests employees?
My employer drug tests pre-employment and randomly tests. However, I haven’t been drug tested since I started 22 years ago.
I don't know for JH's company, but my husband is a VP in the oil industry, and has worked for a few different companies, and generally the guys out in the field are pretty often. Some companies at much as every 6-8 weeks. Drug use is prevalent with those guys, and it's a huge liability with how easy an injury could be, so most of those companies are pretty diligent.

Maybe this was addressed but it isn't clear to me if the court documents said Emily had bpd or was bipolar?
It is my understanding that the CINC report had something in it stating she was bipolar. I don't know if they actually had a formal diagnosis they had gained from a Dr. or if it's just what her ex said she had told him. I've heard it stated both ways.

Wow! Thanks for posting this! I must be out of the loop because I didn’t realize his body was cremated and had been given back to the family.
So does this me autopsy is complete? I am happy the family was able to have something private without public messing things up. Family deserved that. Big Hugs and prayers to this brave family.

Why are we still focusing on JH and his actions or lack of when he is preparing to bury his only son, and he hasn't been charged with anything? He is a victim of EG! If he's open to posting about, then let's post the short comings of everyone in this case.
I believe Tricia made a post about it in this very thread. I'll see if I can find it.

yes it's here [URL="https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/ks-lucas-hernandez-5-wichita-17-feb-2018-31.376301/page-35#post-14158361"]Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #31[/URL]

Oh, charliegizmo, I'm so sorry for all you've been through. And I couldn't like your post, because I didn't want to give positive reinforcement to something no one should be subjected to. Thank you for sharing your perspective and insights, and for standing with the rest of us for justice for Lucas Allen Hernandez.

Thank you. I was trying to explain that a few people are very good at compartmentalizing and explaining evidence away. After a while it’s mor
IMO, I cannot see him driving 11hrs to and from work multiple times the last few weeks WITHOUT meth. At least, I wouldn’t be able to safely drive 11hrs, have my child found 45min after my arriving at work, and then drive 11hr back....

Even at my age in early 60s when I got the call that my son had been a very serious car accident across the country in the middle of the night, I started to pack. It was at least 36 hours later before I put my head down in his hospital room to catch some sleep.

The human body can do marvelous things during an emergency. So I politely disagree. I think he could have driven 11 hrs with the Adrenalin fueling him.

I don’t particularly agree with the things JH has done, reactions he’s had, and especially leaving Lucas and his daughter with EG, but I can understand how it might have happened.

And in the end it was one person who landed the blows on Lucas, one evil woman who hid his body. One self centered woman void of any emotion who for nearly 100 days found secret joy watching hundreds of people search Wichita. She got off on it.

And every day, every hour every second she knew where his little body was resting. Because she had laid him there. There’s no special place in hell for her. There’s a place designated for souls which contains nothing for eternity.

EG wanted to leave a wide path of deceit, death pain and destruction as her legacy. She left this earth on her terms. She ended the abbreviated life of one very special 5 year old, before he had the chance to live it. The was the epitome of evil personified.

I find it interesting that JO ( in the podcast) said an FBI profileroreficted Lucas would be found a very short distance off the road or trail. Because EG was to lazy to walk further. And look where he was discovered. Under a gravel road probably 25 steps from her SUV.

I believe WPD knew within minutes of arriving at the house that she was the single perpetrator in his disappearance. She was so lazy she had no original story to tell them. And she did what ever selfish things she had to do to maintain the lies. Including the notes, the gun and everything associated with the discovery of her body after she fired the gun.

After she killed Lucas, every move she madewas planned for maximum effect and shock value. That’s how she went out and planned it all with evil intent and maximum shock value.

Last edited:

Is bourbon for breakfast ok?... Oh Lucas
hearted-smiley.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads