Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #6 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure if this article has been brought forward, but it was updated today and seems to state that the child endangerment charge is indeed related to drug use:

“The criminal complained (sic) shows the one count of child endangerment involving a one year old on February 16, the day before she reported Lucas missing. A police report obtained by KAKE News states she was suspected of using drugs”.

http://www.kten.com/story/37577765/search-for-5-year-old-lucas-hernandez-enters-10th-day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newsflash. So surprised. NOT.

Ever since EG's court appearance yesterday, something has seriously bothering me. According to the pc (anyone have a link?) on February 21, she was placed in jail on 2 counts of child endangerment and now just charged with 1. If both of those original charges are from Friday, February 16, that would have to mean that Lucas was indeed with her and alive on that day, correct? I wish we know where and what time of day she was endangering them and who saw it. Also, if LE had direct contact with EG on Friday, February 16 and observed her endangering the baby and Lucas, why didn't they place her in jail that day instead of waiting until Feb. 21??? It breaks my heart to think that he might not be missing if she was placed in jail that day instead of waiting. All just IMO and only if he was indeed not already missing on Friday.

Per the article I posted, it sounds like the endangerment charge has to do with drug usage - and I believe that they dropped the second charge (Lucas) because it’s an ongoing investigation.

This is REALLY really bothering me. She just flat out absolutely refuses to talk. I feel bad, but I can't let my mind believe that he was kidnapped or ran away. My brain and gut both keep telling me that she knows where he is, and I am so angry that she won't just return this baby to his family - you know - the ones who loved him? GAH.

What if she did meet her dealer at the park, and she let Lucas wander off to play and something happened. If she had been busy getting her fix along with this dealer neither of them would want it to come out as to why she wasn't watching him. MOO, of course

I wonder if either bio parent has visited EG to ask her to give up more information? I know I would have tried to get her to say something if it was allowed by LE.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Great question. If so, I wonder what she has said to other family members and Lucas' dad...

I’m not sure if this article has been brought forward, but it was updated today and seems to state that the child endangerment charge is indeed related to drug use:

“The criminal complained (sic) shows the one count of child endangerment involving a one year old on February 16, the day before she reported Lucas missing. A police report obtained by KAKE News states she was suspected of using drugs”.

http://www.kten.com/story/37577765/search-for-5-year-old-lucas-hernandez-enters-10th-day

So, the day before Lucas was reported missing EG was on a binge? What are her drugs of choice? Some can make one get violent, even psychotic. I wonder what her state of mind was when she called him in missing? Is it possible she sold him for drugs? I doubt that since LE is continually looking in parks. So, I think she either drugged him for her own purposes and it went bad or she beat him badly with something other than her fists. If he died in the house or the car cadaver dogs would have picked up the scent. I haven't heard that they have. So it seems to reason that she harmed him enough she couldn't take him in for help without getting busted so she took him somewhere and buried him, hid him or threw him in water.

This. We had a case here where the boyfriend murdered a 3 yo girl and dumped her body in a field. He was arrested and kept in custody for something like having a gun in his possession and drug charges-he was a felon. They built an air tight case while he was in custody. It did take forever though. Praying we know more on Lucas today. This is going on too long but I do think LE knows ALOT MORE than we do.

First post. Hope I quoted correctly. Longtime lurker since Noah Chamberlin.

Welcome lonesomedove86.

:welcome2:

Gruesome. Is the stroller missing? Did Lucas' dad search through the house to see what was missing?
Good question if stroller is missing....

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

I know how you feel. I don't want to hate anyone. I have to hate what they do though:(

(O/T, I try not to hate too, and promised to remember what Slain Officer MJ said:

"Please don't let hate infect your heart."

-Montrell Jackson

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/17/us/baton-rouge-officer-profiles/index.html

LA - Baton Rouge. 3 officers killed/3 wounded, 17 July 2016
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ouge-3-officers-killed-3-wounded-17-July-2016 )

Thanks for the updated link! Speculation so JMO. It suggests that LE found either camera footage or a witness indicating EG purchased drugs on the 16th. That would explain the delay in arresting her and also why it's from the 16th, before Lucas was reported missing.

This. We had a case here where the boyfriend murdered a 3 yo girl and dumped her body in a field. He was arrested and kept in custody for something like having a gun in his possession and drug charges-he was a felon. They built an air tight case while he was in custody. It did take forever though. Praying we know more on Lucas today. This is going on too long but I do think LE knows ALOT MORE than we do.

First post. Hope I quoted correctly. Longtime lurker since Noah Chamberlin.

Love Lonesome Dove in our house. My sons name is McCrae Call.[emoji846]. Good info!

I have a question for you forensics and canine people...if a child died of blunt force injury and there was no blood, could a dog/investigator hit on a vehicle used to transport the deceased body?

How long after passing away does an intact (not-bloody) body leave a detectable indication it was ever there?

“Several squares had been placed beneath a clothed corpse within three hours of death, when some organs and many cells of the human body are still functioning. Over the next month, the dogs did hundreds of trials in which they signalled the contaminated square with 98 per cent accuracy, falling to 94 per cent when the square had been in contact with the corpse for only two minutes. The research concluded that cadaver dogs were an "outstanding tool" for crime-scene investigation.” http://www.independent.co.uk/news/s...th-behind-the-crime-scene-canines-835047.html

Also, decomp scent is detectable by K9s as soon as moments after death. There doesn’t need to be blood at all for the dogs to do their work.

Hi everyone. I have hesitated to post on this thread before now as I have nothing to add except for my grief, horror and utter frustration which you all have expressed so very well already. But I wanted to say how much it is gnawing at me that EG has chosen to screw herself into that 3 hour window between 3p and 6p. It makes her look bad, and she could have used ANY time frame. Of course she could just be dumb or drug addled enough to think people would see it as normal to shower and sleep without checking on a 5 year old child in that 3 hour time. Could be that simple?

This is driving me nuts and I feel as though it is a crucial window of time. For what? I have zero clue. It just bothers me so much.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

It appears napping at 3pm is normal for Emily. So she probably thought it would ring true since there was documentation she had done it before.

Yes and unfortunate shades of "zannie" the nanny. (xanax). Also benadryl will cause respiratory depression causing the brain to forget to sleep in high enough doses. Lucas was seemingly very light in weight.
jmo

If she actually thought he was 60 pounds and gave him "extra" meds to help him sleep that could cause issues.
I don't think it would kill him, but she might not know the difference while high either.

Thanks for the updated link! Speculation so JMO. It suggests that LE found either camera footage or a witness indicating EG purchased drugs on the 16th. That would explain the delay in arresting her and also why it's from the 16th, before Lucas was reported missing.

Yes, this doesn't mean that police knew ON the 16th that she had done this. They discovered it later and charged her.

So who was the guy smoking???

I know what you meant but the wording of this made me laugh so hard. :laughing:

I've been leaning this way as well. Wondering if someone (maybe dealer or friend?) talked in regards to drug use that day. Was wondering if maybe there was footage from inside a store or something where she was shopping with either no kids in tow or with just the 1 year old and no Lucas.

It would help if we knew what exact kind of make/model SUV she had (and if she was infact driving it) Most SUVs have tinted passenger windows, making it somewhat difficult to easily see children inside, especially if they have large/bulky carseats. This is why I was leaning towards video footage from inside a store or at least outside the vehicle.

Don’t underestimate LE WHEN THE FBI is involved they pull out everything at their disposal. No one likes cases like this. It’s a difficult emotional burden even considering they are paid to do it. Much of what they do is unseen by public scrutiny. They are a group of devoted investigators have experience with these cases and are carefully assembling evidence. He will be found, but sadly😭 after the first few days statistics show they don’t expect to find him alive.

DO NOT DOUBT THE EFFORT AND MAN HOURS GOING INTO FINDING LUCAS. and find him they will.

Don’t underestimate LE WHEN THE FBI is involved they pull out everything at their disposal. No one likes cases like this. It’s a difficult emotional burden even considering they are paid to do it. Much of what they do is unseen by public scrutiny. They are a group of devoted investigators have experience with these cases and are carefully assembling evidence. He will be found, but sadly😭 after the first few days statistics show they don’t expect to find him alive.

DO NOT DOUBT THE EFFORT AND MAN HOURS GOING INTO FINDING LUCAS. and find him they will.

:goodpost:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member