GUILTY KS - Olivia Jansen, 3, found deceased, Kansas City, 10 July 2020 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's a very good possibility since Kansas only has 1 women's prison. Although it looks like bio Mom could be out before a murder trial for the girlfriend would happen.
Her earliest parole date is Dec-2020, so I imagine she will be attending the trial.

I've also read JK's own children are very devastated.

Were these two on drugs, anyone know?

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Kansas City, Kansas, police were called to a home associated with 3-year-old Olivia Jansen five times in 2020, records obtained by 41 Action News show.

The calls included a welfare check on Feb. 28 and a juvenile abuse call on June 2.

Records do not, however, indicate if the juvenile abuse call was associated with Olivia.

According to records dating back to 2017, police visited the address 21 times between Jan. 2017 and July 2020.

41 Action News has reached out to KCKPD for comment.

KCKPD called to Olivia Jansen's home 5 times in 2020

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Kansas City, Kansas, police were called to a home associated with 3-year-old Olivia Jansen five times in 2020, records obtained by 41 Action News show.

The calls included a welfare check on Feb. 28 and a juvenile abuse call on June 2.

Records do not, however, indicate if the juvenile abuse call was associated with Olivia.

According to records dating back to 2017, police visited the address 21 times between Jan. 2017 and July 2020.

41 Action News has reached out to KCKPD for comment.

KCKPD called to Olivia Jansen's home 5 times in 2020
Wait, didn't we read something about another home HJ and Olivia had lived in? So the 21 calls to that address wouldn't necessarily be related directly to HJ, bio-mom, Olivia or JK right?

Her earliest parole date is Dec-2020, so I imagine she will be attending the trial.

I've also read JK's own children are very devastated.

Were these two on drugs, anyone know?

Yes, Elisabeth Jansen, Olivia's step-grandmother said they were using in this article.

"The family of Olivia Jansen says they knew the three-year-old was in danger but couldn’t get anyone to help.

“We need to make it harder for people to hurt children,” said Olivia’s step-grandmother Elisabeth Jansen.

Known to Olivia as Mee-Maw, Elisabeth has been concerned for the child’s safety since the last time she saw her on March 6.

“I was concerned because I knew they did drugs heavily,” Elisabeth said. “I knew that she would be around the drugs. I knew there would be people looking for them because they owed money.”

Olivia’s father has a previous record of drug convictions, but does not face any current drug charges relating to her murder.

Another of Elisabeth’s concerns is what she called her step-son’s terrible temper.

She called KCK police on June 19 after seeing concerning posts on Kirkpatrick’s Facebook page, where she goes by the name Jackie Jansen.

“I said, ‘This woman is taking care of my grandchild,’ and I said, ‘She has put on Facebook that she wants to end her life,'” Elisabeth recalled telling the 911 dispatcher. “And I said, ‘I haven’t seen the child for months so I’m scared. I don’t know what to do.'”

KCK police records show that same day, officers responded to the home on Ottawa Street where Olivia lived with her dad and Kirkpatrick for a suicide investigation.

It was one of six calls to that house since the beginning of the year, including the day Olivia’s father reported her missing. Other calls were for things such as juvenile abuse and a welfare check."

video
KCK police called to Olivia Jansen’s home 5 times in 2020 before death; DCF called, too | FOX 4 Kansas City WDAF-TV | News, Weather, Sports

KANSAS CITY, KS (KCTV) - When Olivia was first reported missing, her family members told KCTV5 News they tried to save her by reporting their concerns about abuse to authorities. We now know just how many times someone called police to the home Olivia was living in before her death.

Tuesday night children held signs up during the protest that said, “DCF Failed Her.”

Some of the kids are close to Olivia’s age. She was just 3-years-old when she was killed. Those who knew Olivia say when she was staying with her grandparents and mother, she was a healthy child.

“She is so full of life. Those eyes, those cheeks just lit up,” Mindy Cartwright who was protesting for Olivia Tuesday night said.

Since January 2017, someone called police to the home on Ottawa 21 times. Family members say Olivia lived in the home for about six months. Since February of this year up until Olivia’s death, police were called five times for a suicide investigation, juvenile abuse, to assist fire and EMT’s, an animal complaint and to check the welfare of someone inside the home.

KCK protesters demand answers for Olivia Jansen

Last edited:
KANSAS CITY, KS (KCTV) - When Olivia was first reported missing, her family members told KCTV5 News they tried to save her by reporting their concerns about abuse to authorities. We now know just how many times someone called police to the home Olivia was living in before her death.

Tuesday night children held signs up during the protest that said, “DCF Failed Her.”

Some of the kids are close to Olivia’s age. She was just 3-years-old when she was killed. Those who knew Olivia say when she was staying with her grandparents and mother, she was a healthy child.

“She is so full of life. Those eyes, those cheeks just lit up,” Mindy Cartwright who was protesting for Olivia Tuesday night said.

Since January 2017, someone called police to the home on Ottawa 21 times. Family members say Olivia lived in the home for about six months. Since February of this year up until Olivia’s death, police were called five times for a suicide investigation, juvenile abuse, to assist fire and EMT’s, an animal complaint and to check the welfare of someone inside the home.

KCK protesters demand answers for Olivia Jansen
This is fantastic!!! I’m so glad people are protesting these failures! Good for them!
I pray it brings attention and change!

Kansas DCF to release summary of Jansen’s file

TOPEKA, Kan. — Mekhi Boone, Evan Brewer and Adrian Jones, all from different areas in Kansas, were all killed by people who were supposed to love them.

The young boys each had files with the Kansas Department for Children and Families.

Now, family of 3-year-old Olivia Jansen said they too placed calls to the agency and to police for help.

On Monday, Mike Deines, spokesperson for Kansas DCF told the 41 Action News I-Team the agency plans to release a summary of Olivia's file. When asked if that's confirmation that one exists, Deines said the agency cannot confirm they have information on a child until it's confirmed the child died from abuse.

Grandmother of slain KCK boy 'devastated' by Olivia Jansen's death

Bringing this forward because I feel like this is all too true:
"If you know something, please say something," Dupree said. "Make the call."
However, in many cases, friends and family members did make the call.
"Before Adrian passed away, lots of things were said," Conway said. "It's just a bunch of rhetoric — people saying 'speak out when you see something,' but people are speaking out and still nothing is being done. Nothing."

Olivia’s grandmother, Elisabeth Jansen, told KSHB 41 that they last saw the child in March. Olivia reportedly didn’t want to go home and wanted her grandparents’ assurance that she could come back to see them.

“She was always so unhappy to go home. She would frown and say, ‘You love me? You’re not mad at me? I come back? I come back?’ [sic] and I told her, ‘I will hurt anybody who that keeps you away from me.'”

Elisabeth added that although they contacted DCF, no one removed Olivia from her father’s care. “They wouldn’t do anything other than knock at the door–and so I was on the phone with them June 22 for 23 minutes telling them everything I could think of to tell them, and then they sent me an email on Thursday that I can send them more stuff but for me to know they wouldn’t be contacting me.”

Olivia Jansen: Grandparents say little girl pleaded with them before her death, didn’t want to go home
Horrific and tragic
IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08