Identified! KY - Elizabethtown, Fem UP11327, bee earrings, May'13 - Madiha Roshdy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.whas11.com/news/Police-r...ed-unidentified-woman-210030201.html?ref=next

"Her upper torso was wrapped in a bed sheet and shower curtain," said Detective Michael May with Kentucky State Police. "

"Police released pictures of the woman's jewelry and clothing she was found in, and on Tuesday they released an image of the shower curtain she was wrapped in. "

"At this point police are unable to tell what ethnicity the woman is, "maybe Indian, Pakistani, Hispanic, or Central or South American," May said. "

Has anyone seen the image of the shower curtain? Am I missing something?? EDIT......The Shower Curtain is at 54 seconds in the attached video to the article.

The shower curtain looks to have tropical fish on it, and an ocean floor...in my opinion....

Quoting my post from post#86 June 5, 2013.......here is the video and at 54 seconds the shower curtain.

Is there a picture of the shower curtain somewhere? I haven't seen it.
I wondered then if the body had been in a boot of a car and the shower curtain was lining the boot. She may have been carried to the boot in the bed sheet and dumped onto the curtain - then taken from the boot wrapped in both.
There must be some evidence on the sheet and shower curtain as to who was involved with this.
I think the cream coloured markings on the sweater are also something synthetic - like paint.

I just posted a link previous to this post quoting myself from June 5th so you will find an article and video on that post (post #301) and link with what the shower curtain looks like.

Just my opinion and speculation below :)

I have been looking at the ring and I enlarged the pic and cropped it.
I have worked with cabochons and understand many of them are acrylic - or plastic - or stones which have been heat treated/dyed to look like another stone in colour.

The picture I took on the left hand side in the attachment shows 4 cabochon pieces - 3 of them have acrylic turquoise in them and 1 has a treated stone which is meant to look like a real turquoise. On the right hand side is the ring.

Real stones - unless highly polished have a different light reflection off their surfaces than acrylic.

my opinion is that the cabochon in the centre of the ring:
a) is possibly not the original stone - the setting of the cabochon is too low (unless it had a domed cover over it) - and it isn't a good fit.
b) that the cabochon in the ring may not be real turquoise but acrylic.

if so,
It would reduce this rings value significantly - and may be a reason it wasn't taken from the victim if it is an imitation ring or if it has been modified it would be easily identified as the victims if the ring was found somewhere else or in someone else's possession.

Also, it would make the ring very distinctive if the real stone has been replaced. This would be a one off.

(note: the colour difference of the stones is the camera - the cabs in the jewelry are *very close to the same colour as the ring cab)
ETA: The ring colour is brighter as it has had its contrast lifted to get a better clearer pic of it.

If this is real turquoise it could be Persian turquoise or even sleeping beauty turquoise from Globe, Arizona.
I do know that more and more stones are being enhanced or dyed in today's market.
The majority of the cabochons that I have personally seen in my 17 year career in the lapidary business have been real, but that doesn't mean that this cab wasn't imitation, enhanced, dyed or real. Unless there is a gemologist or jeweler to look at that stone, and let the public know, we might not have an answer to this question.
In my opinion, I believe this was a replacement stone because it is too recessed in the bezel. But that's just my opinion, for what it's worth.

looking at the size of the ring on the hand in this pic...
Is it a very small size like a pinkie finger ring or a toe ring?
Maybe it is just made for a very small finger or a young girls finger?

Attachments

• UID RING ON FINGER.jpg
    UID RING ON FINGER.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 14
Her upper torso was wrapped, and originally the Kentucky State Police did not release what she was wrapped in. Later, they mentioned a bed sheet and a tropical fish shower curtain, that she was wrapped in.They showed the public a photo of the shower curtain.
So, it could be paint, or vomit or ?

A yeast dough. When dry looks similar to the stains on the Jane's hoodie and is darn hard to remove from the fabric.

Just my opinion and speculation below :)

I have been looking at the ring and I enlarged the pic and cropped it.
I have worked with cabochons and understand many of them are acrylic - or plastic - or stones which have been heat treated/dyed to look like another stone in colour.

The picture I took on the left hand side in the attachment shows 4 cabochon pieces - 3 of them have acrylic turquoise in them and 1 has a treated stone which is meant to look like a real turquoise. On the right hand side is the ring.

Real stones - unless highly polished have a different light reflection off their surfaces than acrylic.

my opinion is that the cabochon in the centre of the ring:
a) is possibly not the original stone - the setting of the cabochon is too low (unless it had a domed cover over it) - and it isn't a good fit.
b) that the cabochon in the ring may not be real turquoise but acrylic.

if so,
It would reduce this rings value significantly - and may be a reason it wasn't taken from the victim if it is an imitation ring or if it has been modified it would be easily identified as the victims if the ring was found somewhere else or in someone else's possession.

Also, it would make the ring very distinctive if the real stone has been replaced. This would be a one off.

(note: the colour difference of the stones is the camera - the cabs in the jewelry are *very close to the same colour as the ring cab)
ETA: The ring colour is brighter as it has had its contrast lifted to get a better clearer pic of it.

Hey fellow hobbie/crafty friend! I make jewelry as well and I noticed the turquoise looked absolutely synthetic as well. That's why I also thought the ring must not be of great value and that lessens the probability that it would be an heirloom.

What about the earring? Now that actually seems like something that might have been an heirloom not bc of value, but bc it looks rather aged. It almost looks like an older Avon piece.

looking at the size of the ring on the hand in this pic...
Is it a very small size like a pinkie finger ring or a toe ring?
Maybe it is just made for a very small finger or a young girls finger?

I too noticed its rather small. I'm not sure if it is bc the investigator has thick fingers or bc the ring itself is a smaller size.

If so she had thin fingers. I'm 5'6" and wear a size 4 ring (skeleton fingers!) so I'm not sure if ring size would make a difference in relation to the rest of her physical stature.

I do think this is still a significant observation you have though!!!!

http://www.whas11.com/news/Police-r...ed-unidentified-woman-210030201.html?ref=next

In the video reporter Brittany Gonzalez says...."Police said she'd been dead one to two days". Then at 1 minute 47 seconds the detective talks about the time period.
Also, Brittany Gonzalez states that the jewelry that this UID was wearing is "pure gold".

at 1 minute 47 seconds the detective says
"We found her the morning of the 29th, so 28th, earliest the 27th, some time frame around there,
a couple days prior to a day prior. "

I can see where it can be a bit confusing because the detective says "We found her",(meaning she was found on the 29th) but in the video previous to his remarks
Brittany Gonzalez states that police said she'd been dead one to two days.

Quoting myself from my post#135 on June 6th.

The reporter in this video states that this UID's jewelry is pure gold.
Now, is that her opinion, or is that a fact? Making it "pure gold", would make the jewelry more valuable so the stones could be diamonds and real turquoise as a possibility.

Now, is that her opinion, or is that a fact? Making it "pure gold", would make the jewelry more valuable so the stones could be diamonds and real turquoise as a possibility.

I sure hope the reporter didn't assume too much...

I honestly think the jewelry is synthetic by the look of things.... Maybe not the earring.

Perhaps ring was synthetic and earring was pure gold and reporter didn't specify?

Reporters... Annoying....

A yeast dough. When dry looks similar to the stains on the Jane's hoodie and is darn hard to remove from the fabric.
There is a few more specs of the same markings down the right hand side lower than the big strain - (pic)
I also thought if it was food, ants are pretty quick to clean up food based substances. But I wonder how long she was there for.

I'm wondering if this is even her shirt. I thought it might be worse for wear she had been wearing this at the time of her muder, and if the body was decomposing in this garment. (just a thought) Maybe it was put on her afterwards?

The shirt in the picture looks too un-crumpled as well (even though the material is wash & wear. Is it common for a garment to be prepared (cleaned) in some way before photographing?

Attachments

• UID GARMENT - CREAM MARKS OUTLINED.jpg
    UID GARMENT - CREAM MARKS OUTLINED.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 32
Could this victim have been bludgeoned in the head while asleep in bed wearing her house clothes? Then suspect wrapped her in the sheet of that bed she was in?

Suspect takes her shower curtain and lines trunk with it and then puts her with sheet on top of curtain?

When suspect disposes of her body, he simply picks up both the sheet and curtain and makes sure both wrap/cover her before leaving?

I hate to say this but, what of the fluid on her shirt is dry yellow puss, if not paint?

There is a few more specs of the same markings down the right hand side lower than the big strain - (pic)
I also thought if it was food, ants are pretty quick to clean up food based substances. But I wonder how long she was there for.

I'm wondering if this is even her shirt. I thought it might be worse for wear she had been wearing this at the time of her muder, and if the body was decomposing in this garment. (just a thought) Maybe it was put on her afterwards?

The shirt in the picture looks too un-crumpled as well (even though the material is wash & wear. Is it common for a garment to be prepared (cleaned) in some way before photographing?

If you notice the jagged outline around the clothing...I have seen this photo where you could see "more" of what that outline is, and it would be the landscape where she was found. I don't recall if somebody was holding up the hoodie. Perhaps I can find that photograph so you can see what I mean.

As for how long she has been there, I posted this morning a repost of an article and video where the the law enforcement detective states not more than one or 2 days that she was deceased. post#308

As I said dried up yeast dough is pretty hard to remove from a fabric. I think even ants would have a problem.

I don't think so. The hood looks like it's soaked with blood, so she had to wear it while being alive and bleeding. By the way, if she was beaten so heavily, that her head was basically crushed into a pulp, it might explain why the LE have the problem with estimating her ethnicity (hard to do without neither a face nor a skull) and height.

Thanks for that, I missed that. I just went back to listen to it.

I cant tell either if the reporter means all the jewelry or some of it is 'pure gold'.The earring to me looks slightly a different colour gold than the ring...
I hope they give some more details on the items - the jewelry is especially identifiable and could turn out to be a good link to help solve this.

2Hip2BSquare said:
I sure hope the reporter didn't assume too much...
I honestly think the jewelry is synthetic by the look of things.... Maybe not the earring.
Perhaps ring was synthetic and earring was pure gold and reporter didn't specify?
Reporters... Annoying...
When you mentioned 'Avon' - I thought the same, or one of those types of better costume jewelry pieces. But I think they are gold plated - not pure.

If a wound is left untreated and allowed and becomes putrid as necrosis begins, puss can result from putrification and bacterial infection.

I know. Ew. I'm sorry.

Thanks for that, I missed that. I just went back to listen to it.

I cant tell either if the reporter means all the jewelry or some of it is 'pure gold'.The earring to me looks slightly a different colour gold than the ring...
I hope they give some more details on the items - the jewelry is especially identifiable and could turn out to be a good link to help solve this.

When you mentioned 'Avon' - I thought the same, or one of those types of better costume jewelry pieces. But I think they are gold plated - not pure.

Yes I think the stud is gold plated as well. I mentioned Avon btw.

It seems like a costume piece I agree.

The ring Defo seems Costume.

Yes I think the stud is gold plated as well. I mentioned Avon btw.

It seems like a costume piece I agree.

The ring Defo seems Costume.

Earlier in the thread I mentioned that if you go on NamUS and look at the earring, you can see discoloration near the triangular stud area of the earring. Now whether that is a base metal, plated, with copper showing through, or just tarnished/stained in certain areas, I don't know.
When you look at the photo of the earring you can click it several times to get the largest photo possible, and on the computer the image is quite large.
To the lower left of the "wing" on the left wing of the earring, on the backside, it is red. Don't know if that is blood or why it is the color red in that one spot.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11333

https://identifyus.org/en/medias/full/19164

Earlier in the thread I mentioned that if you go on NamUS and look at the earring, you can see discoloration near the triangular stud area of the earring. Now whether that is a base metal, plated, with copper showing through, or just tarnished/stained in certain areas, I don't know.
When you look at the photo of the earring you can click it several times to get the largest photo possible, and on the computer the image is quite large.
To the lower left of the "wing" on the left wing of the earring, on the backside, it is red. Don't know if that is blood or why it is the color red in that one spot.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11333

https://identifyus.org/en/medias/full/19164

It does look like blood in between :(

I noticed the area between the bee and the connecting stud there's been some wear, but it seems despite the wear- the gold seems to still be showing - might indicate a thicker gold plating or pure gold.

I've been looking at the hoodie nightgown for hours. I'm pretty convinced it's homemade. If you look closely - it's a hoodie with a sweat shirt sewn in the center and then more material at the bottom. There's 3 seams in the center. I wonder if it's something made in home ec? Is there still home economics? (showing my age here)

What if she had an account on ETSY or Ebay? Did she make her own clothing for sale?

Also underneath the hood is that a bow or pom pom instead of a draw string? To me it looks like a flower you could wear on prom or a wedding, I have never seen anything like that on a PJ shirt.

https://identifyus.org/en/medias/full/19218

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
froggy4
Back