KY - Gabriella Doolin, 7, Allen County, 14 Nov 2015 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh please, let's not even GO there!

Ah, I'm not trying to start anything here. Merely stating why LEO would say no one is in any danger. It can only be a few things, and unfortunately that is one of them.

It sounds like someone might be being "detained" on another charge while LE awaits forensics, or someone is under 24/7 surveillance.

Apparently not everyone is concerned about possibly jeopardizing the investigation . . . . A friend of a friend of a friend, plus your sister and you now know this? So, five people that you know of have this information? I would think that means a LOT more people are aware as well. In any event, I hope it's true and there will be an arrest soon.

Its so heartbreaking. Even when our kids do all we tell them, they are still at risk.
What happened to the days where kids could roam, play together without fear and makes forts and dams in the creeks? Its sickening what is happening to our world...

“I never thought anything like this would happen to my baby, never in a million years,” says Amy Doolin, Gabbi’s mother. “I thought she was safe because every time we had been there, she knew I told her where she could go and where she couldn’t go, never to go outside the fence.”
http://www.wtvq.com/2015/11/18/no-arrests-after-childs-murder/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

If it is a minor, we wouldn't know if he/she was being detained. That could be possible!

It sounds like someone might be being "detained" on another charge while LE awaits forensics, or someone is under 24/7 surveillance.

Apparently not everyone is concerned about possibly jeopardizing the investigation . . . . A friend of a friend of a friend, plus your sister and you now know this? So, five people that you know of have this information? I would think that means a LOT more people are aware as well. In any event, I hope it's true and there will be an arrest soon.

Its so heartbreaking. Even when our kids do all we tell them, they are still at risk.
What happened to the days where kids could roam, play together without fear and makes forts and dams in the creeks? Its sickening what is happening to our world...

“I never thought anything like this would happen to my baby, never in a million years,” says Amy Doolin, Gabbi’s mother. “I thought she was safe because every time we had been there, she knew I told her where she could go and where she couldn’t go, never to go outside the fence.”

Isnt that what the Sheriff stated in his statement to the public or did I misunderstand?

Sheriff Cook did say that.

Why wait? What better gift could you give a grieving family than to arrest their child's murderer?
That would be my take on it...

I think it would be wonderful if they were able to know an arrest was made when their baby is buried..I don't know why that would make a difference, but I am sure it would to me.

Why wait? What better gift could you give a grieving family than to arrest their child's murderer?
Well, just completely speculating, but if it was a young cousin, or special neighbor, would it cause compounded pain?

For example....wasn't there a case in California where the brother hurt the sister and LE knew, but they waited until after to really focus on the sibling?

My mind may have that all wrong.

And I'm in no way insinuating anything about Gabbi's brother. He was playing football.

It is very sickening. I can remember playing outside with my younger siblings as a preteen walking down the road, and riding my bike for miles out in the countryside without any fear. And our parents let us, and we pretty much had total freedom. They had no clue where we were, but nothing ever happened. As a parent, you sure can't take your eyes off them today.

We did that too, even walking home through the woods...Those days are certainly gone.

I can't shake the feeling that there is more than one perp. :( And they are all minors.

But it does sound as if LE is on top of things, here.

JMO.

When my Mom became ill, years after my Dad passed I sold my home and moved back home to take care of my Mom. I had lived away from after I graduated college. After she passed I kept our childhood home. My grade school is literally outside my back yard, it joins the schoolyard. When I attended there after our back gate there was no fence. Now there is an 8' chain link fence with 3 strands of barbed wire on top of that. The gates are locked and when school is out the teachers do double duty with walkie talkies to tell others inside whose parents
are in the line of cars to pick them up. This is a grade school and they being treated like being in a prison every day. I'm afraid our children's days of innocence may be gone forever.

JMO's

Isnt that what the Sheriff stated in his statement to the public or did I misunderstand?

When my Mom became ill, years after my Dad passed I sold my home and moved back home to take care of my Mom. I had lived away from after I graduated college. After she passed I kept our childhood home. My grade school is literally outside my back yard, it joins the schoolyard. When I attended there after our back gate there was no fence. Now there is an 8' chain link fence with 3 strands of barbed wire on top of that. The gates are locked and when school is out the teachers do double duty with walkie talkies to tell others inside whose parents
are in the line of cars to pick them up. This is a grade school and they being treated like being in a prison every day. I'm afraid our children's days of innocence may be gone forever.

JMO's

I'm pretty sure of it....Sadly!

I can't shake the feeling that there is more than one perp. :( And they are all minors.

But it does sound as if LE is on top of things, here.

JMO.

I'm wondering the same...This crime was carried out so quickly...Just feels very impulsive to me AND cruel!

Maybe I am misunderstanding, no danger to the public, regardless of who did that, they are a danger to the public. And to commit a crime to such a young and beautiful little girl, you will always be a danger to the public IMO

I'm confused about the distance involved in where this poor baby was found. I have seen info stating she was found 400 yards away from the football field, but didn't one link say it was 100 yards? TIA

Snipped.

I wouldn't imagine so - not in the case of a crime. I think the only time arrest/detainment is different is in the case of diplomats (and I'm not suggesting diplomat involvement).

I think that all the Sheriff was saying was "we're trying as hard as we can", but that's simply my opinion.

There is no difference when arresting & holding a suspect -- if someone commits a crime in the US s/he is subject to US, state & local laws. Age makes no difference when it comes to an arrest. (Unless a diplomat). (My neighbor is an immigration attorney.)

I think I've read most of this thread but may have missed something. How soon were LE on scene after this poor angel was reported missing? I guess I mean after the PA announcements were done etc. Were police on scene when she was found? I think I read a volunteer searcher found her? Thanks in advance. Prayers of course for Gabriella and her family. And with the state of the world we live in, prayers for us all.

What if some of the younger kids were playing hide'n'seek or tag, etc., near the creek/pond, and Gabby ran to hide and happened upon someone who took advantage of the situation -- no walking away from the ball field with her or any pretense (lost puppy, etc.) -- just pure bad freakin' luck for her to be where she was...

IMO, that scenario would be more difficult to see on film -- too far away -- and maybe it was in the woods, hidden by little/no sunlight & only a bit of street or ballfield/parking lot lighting. It's been nagging at me, this scene... SMH

Maybe I am misunderstanding, no danger to the public, regardless of who did that, they are a danger to the public. And to commit a crime to such a young and beautiful little girl, you will always be a danger to the public IMO

Right ! It's always curious when they say that. If they mean the perp knew the child so others are not in danger, that's reaching because often after a perp kills, they can kill again with ease. If they mean we know who it is and so no danger, then why isn't that person in jail? Someone running from a crime like this is certainly a danger. So saying no danger, when the public knows differently is pointless and an attempt to keep the community calm . It makes me think the very opposite which is " we have no idea but don't worry it won't happen again''. **speculative**

It if was a juvenile close to Gabbi or her family, would they wait until funeral arrangements were held and complete before making the next move? In respect of the mourning family?

I don't think they would wait -- once they put the Probable Cause document together & get a magistrate or judge to sign it, go and arrest the suspect. Don't waste time. Things happen. Do it now -- lock 'em up.

It cold be as you say, but IMO LE would have to know the suspect well enuff to trust that s/he would not leave town, etc., and it may be just that way. I hope we'll see soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay