Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.23.17 - Day 21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see why the judge is giving him extra time to prepare hus defence, but at this point I don’t think even an extra month is going to help his sorry butt. Have a nice weekend DM lol.

As much as the incinerator video and photos would have been hard on the Babcock's I would venture a guess that today would have been devastating. Finally, you really know that your daughter is dead.

My heart breaks for them.

If he knew this was coming, WHY oh why, did he go with this theory??!! What the WHAT???

Is everything IN disclosure?

He didn't really make any points worth noting as his own attorney. He knew it was a slam dunk case for the Crown because of the letters but he wanted to have a little fun, brag about himself and confront the people whom he feels "betrayed" him?

IOW, he's weird and wired differently from most and this was just another interesting learning experience to add to his "accomplishments". It certainly has kept him busy for the past few years and now he has some more time to play pretendy lawyer for the next one. Then he'll play pretendy appellate lawyer for all three. He pretty much has given himself something to do to mark the days that he will spend behind bars for quite some time to come. He'll have his own little law office right inside his cell. I bet he starts giving out legal advice to his fellow inmates too.

MOO

Hi - I've been following this entire trial and also followed the TB trial here but never posted. Regarding the letters, does anyone know whether the entirety of the letters (except redacted parts) was read out in court, or whether there are portions of the letters that were not read out in court and that were not redacted that the jury will get?

He didn't really make any points worth noting as his own attorney. He knew it was a slam dunk case for the Crown because of the letters but he wanted to have a little fun, brag about himself and confront the people whom he feels "betrayed" him?

IOW, he's weird and wired differently from most and this was just another interesting learning experience to add to his "accomplishments". It certainly has kept him busy for the past few years and now he has some more time to play pretendy lawyer for the next one. Then he'll play pretendy appellate lawyer for all three. He pretty much has given himself something to do to mark the days that he will spend behind bars for quite some time to come. He'll have his own little law office right inside his cell. I bet he starts giving out legal advice to his fellow inmates too.

MOO
Is he also representing himself in the WM trial?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I have to admit, before the letters i was hovering somewhere in between reasonable and unreasonable doubt. What a great way to leave the jury for the weekend.

Well well well.

Now we know why the camp person was called, because CN was not in the area the night LB was murdered.

DM killed her, and planned to plant it on his friend the whole time. I hope MS goes on the stand now, and just blasts DM and tells all. Why wouldn't he??

CN is definitely going to come testify, and her and DM can play their little liar liar game together. Maybe CN will get arrested outside the court house after :)

So if DM is his own lawyer, does that mean he will get time with CN if she is testifying, to prepare? UGH not fair.

ITA. It's sickening. An added layer of the most despicable evil, if that's even possible.

All I can say is his goose is cooked.

Hes truly a master manipulator.

My deepest condolences to the Babcock family and other former friends.

She was truly a good person but got lost along the way...

:(

Where is everyone seeing the word "code"?
Here:

A clipboard was also found - with it a four-page letter.

Another bundle: five letters.

There's more: another letter, a piece of paper with code, four-small pieces of paper with writing, and three additional pieces of paper attached to a pad.

All of these items were found in the bedside table, or on a desk, in Noudga's bedroom.
by Shannon Martin 12:39 PM

I think the code was the Ukrainian alphabet from what I remember in TB's trial.

Kamille, sending you my heartfelt sympathies. ((((HUGS))))

CN sent DM a text the night of July 3rd (a Tuesday) saying "see you Friday".

Was this the same texting series that said "Have a good time doing fun things"?

I know it can't be proven but, I always did believe she knew he was going to kill Laura. And now we know, that she knew all along that Laura was dead and that DM was involved in her murder.

She is some piece of work.

MOO

I thought the "code" writing was him trying to write stuff in Ukraine to her.

Was this the same texting series that said "Have a good time doing fun things"?

<rsbm>

MOO
July 3 at 10pmish
b500b47720b461e0891fff1eb4cab065.jpg

Don't shoot me......I see M1 for DM.....especially after today.....but I'm not sure about MS (and I KNOW I was on the fence for M1 with MS during the TB trial....and I was wrong, wrong, wrong). I believe MS knew about the murder after the fact and absolutely helped dispose of her body.....but I'm not seeing M1 here.....even after the Crown has finished. Anyone else have thoughts?

**ducking to avoid getting things thrown at me**

My guess is that the letters were not going to be used until Millard made it known that CN would testify in his defence? So maybe the judge changed his mind and allowed portions to be admissible?

Yes, it seems to be so. Could it be that DM is calling her to testify in his defence? The timing is a little too suspicious, imo.
I wonder how that would play out... What can she really offer DM's defence? If this is the case, it's all part of his ever shining manipulative, controlling, narcissistic personality.
I don't know but personally I think she likes to play games like her bf. The next pic is in candlelight. Moo

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

As much as the incinerator video and photos would have been hard on the Babcock's I would venture a guess that today would have been devastating. Finally, you really know that your daughter is dead.

My heart breaks for them.

I can't believe the Crown's powerful ending. You are so right about Laura's family finally knowing for certain that she is dead. Absolutely heartbreaking for them.

Now I believe more than ever that there will be justice for Laura.

All MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member