LeAnna (Mom) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a smoke/fire thing for me.

I have a very hard time fathoming how any parent could what it seems these 2 have done, but her behavior is just so at odds with anything I could consider normal for a guiltless person who has suffered a horrific loss.

- "I must be in shock." People in shock don't typically say things like this, as others have noted

- What she said at the funeral - not even a little bit angry? At all? For even a second? It defies belief.

- Basically she said that he's better off dead. Such a very, very strange thing to say about your 22 month old who you earlier claimed was perfect, regardless of your religious beliefs about the afterlife.

- If he's better off dead and out of this broken world - why be worried enough about hot car deaths to research them on the Internet? If his father forgot him in the car, wouldn't that be God's will?

- Her entire demeanor at the probable cause hearing. Blank look, chewing gum, no emotion. Weird. Weird.

I have a hard time believing she's not involved to some degree but whether or not that can be proven is another story.

BBM

Great post.

Regarding the bolded bit above, LH mentioned God's will at her baby's funeral:

"I miss him with all of my heart. Would I bring him back? No. To bring him back into this broken world would be selfish," she said. "Am I angry with God? No. This is part of His plan for Ross and I. Is this our purpose? I don't know. I'm still waiting on the Lord to reveal that to me..."

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/06/30/georgia-toddler-hot-car-cooper-harris-leanna-funeral

I have a hard time believing she's not involved, as well.

I know that folks who follow fundamentalist teachings are taught to believe that everything has a purpose, everything is part of a Divine plan. They believe that to question why something bad has happened to them is equal to doubting that Divine plan and lacking faith, which they believe puts them at risk of falling out of God's favor and invoking his wrath.

I have former relatives-in-law who follow these types of teachings. Whenever they face trials & tribulations, they liken themselves to Job in the Old Testament. They see it as an opportunity to prove their faith to God and believe that God must have a special purpose for their lives and is testing them to prepare to use them for his glory. They also believe that those who speak against them are unjustly persecuting God's chosen and if they demonstrate their worthiness then God will vindicate them and will destroy their 'enemies'.

I posted the above info in an effort to hopefully illuminate the mindset of someone who says some of the things LH has said and to put into possible perspective some of LH's funeral comments, and not as a criticism of anyone who follows such teachings.

Nevertheless, I believe LH is involved in some manner in Cooper's death, based on many of her seemingly suspicious comments. I think LE believes so, as well, based on Det. Stoddard's testimony.

I'm still puzzled by LH behaviour, she's almost too calm!
At the funeral, she said she wasn't angry, I mean really? You are at the funeral of your baby boy, you can see his tiny coffin placed there, your baby died in a horrible way, he was supposedly 'forgotten', and your not angry?
Makes no sense at all, I would be flipping angry!

The service for her child, that's supposed to be all about little Cooper, she has her husband call into the church for all to hear, while he's currently arrested on neglect and murder charges for their child.
She couldn't even get of the phone to RH while walking out behind the coffin.

I'm surprised she hasn't been brought back in for questioning to be honest.

Yes, exactly. I once knew a mom whose toddler died in her care. And her husband, even over a year later, still wasn't at the not angry phase. He was SO angry, still.

I think LH is so desperate for this loser to love her, that he is her first and only priority, still. I don't know if she had anything to do with the actual death or not. But all of her behavior points to Ross being way, way above their child.

I'm still puzzled by LH behaviour, she's almost too calm!
At the funeral, she said she wasn't angry, I mean really? You are at the funeral of your baby boy, you can see his tiny coffin placed there, your baby died in a horrible way, he was supposedly 'forgotten', and your not angry?
Makes no sense at all, I would be flipping angry!

The service for her child, that's supposed to be all about little Cooper, she has her husband call into the church for all to hear, while he's currently arrested on neglect and murder charges for their child.
She couldn't even get of the phone to RH while walking out behind the coffin.

I'm surprised she hasn't been brought back in for questioning to be honest.

IIRC she's still in their radar according to LE

w/r/t cell phone conversation during the processional --- totally disgusting --

wanting child back -- yep --

additionally I doubt I could have delivered the eulogy -- I'd be a mess

heck walking would have required a strong arm at that point too

I could go on ..... but I believe consensus is there were so many odd bits

The CNN article does have a little more of LH's actions in court. Not much but more than chomping gum & stone faced.

snipped

Leanna Harris arrived before the proceeding began and took a seat with family members, holding hands with the woman sitting next to her.

When Ross Harris was brought into the courtroom in his orange prison jumpsuit, she appeared to get emotional.

When Stoddard began his testimony, she held the hand of another woman sitting next to her and at one point appeared to wipe away tears.

She put her head down when Stoddard was questioned about Ross Harris sexting other women. Later, she looked straight ahead without expression. She hung her head again when Stoddard discussed her alleged conversation with day-care workers.

Leanna Harris seemed most attentive when the hearing turned to the matter of her husband’s bail.

Read more: http://q13fox.com/2014/07/07/toddle...id-that-raises-more-suspicions/#ixzz36oEGysMI

I'd probably get a lawyer so I could divorce the slimeball. As a matter of fact, I went searching yesterday to see if she filed for divorce. In LH's case I think she hired one due to the fact she was mentioned at JRH's court hearing.

Honestly I do not believe that Leanna was on any meds during the hearing. And if she was, did she take them on the way to the hearing or did they kick in on the way to the hearing? She sure was dressed up nicely with a lovely necklace, with her hair done and her make up on. Nope, unless someone has proof that someone else treated her like a doll and got her completely ready for that hearing then I will continue to believe that she was on NO meds before or during the hearing.

MOO

I could kind of understand LH not wanting to see the body. I think I would need to see my kid to believe it, but others just can't handle seeing their child like that. It is unusual, but not suspicious, IMO. I also don't find the "I wouldn't bring him back" comment weird only because they are apparently very religious. Although I am not, I have close friends/family who do think like that and find it very comforting. Even her demeanor at the hearing could be explained if she was heavily medicated.

However, the weird litany of things that he wouldn't have to face sounded like someone trying to rationalize something. They were so bizarrely specific, too, that it seems to indicate that she had been thinking about it beforehand. It just does not seem like the type of thing a grieving parent would come up with after a child's shocking and brutal death. That, along with the statement to the daycare workers and to RH, have me leaning on the side that she in involved. What I am worried about is that LE is sure of her involvement but unable to prove it.

I would not want to see my dead child's body

So why does a mother whose child just died accidentally because her husband forgot him in the car get a lawyer ASAP?

Because either she is smart or someone around her is smart.

How many days after Cooper's death was his funeral and Leanna's eulogy?

Thanks.

If it had been closer to Cooper's death, I might be better able to understand the weird behavior and not showing emotion and saying all the bizarre things.

My sons' father (my ex) was killed tragically and unexpectedly in a car accident 2weeks ago - he was only 50. My sons were both very close to their father, and one of my sons is still in high school and living with me at home - so my ex was still a part of my life as well through our kids.

Neither my sons, nor I have ever had someone close to us die, and it was surprising how it affected all of us and our different reactions. My older son was very demonstrably emotional and expressive. My younger son totally clammed up, maintained a calm demeanor and didn't even miss a day of school! (his choice ,he wanted to stick to his routine.) I was so stunned myself that I could not cry or really even access my emotions until about a week later.

Point being - in the first few days, I am sure we said and did all kinds of things that were different than how I would have expected us to react. But 10 days later - by then it has sunk in and all the bizzaro behaviors are pretty much gone.

Thanks.

If it had been closer to Cooper's death, I might be better able to understand the weird behavior and not showing emotion and saying all the bizarre things.

My sons' father (my ex) was killed tragically and unexpectedly in a car accident 2weeks ago - he was only 50. My sons were both very close to their father, and one of my sons is still in high school and living with me at home - so my ex was still a part of my life as well through our kids.

Neither my sons, nor I have ever had someone close to us die, and it was surprising how it affected all of us and our different reactions. My older son was very demonstrably emotional and expressive. My younger son totally clammed up, maintained a calm demeanor and didn't even miss a day of school! (his choice ,he wanted to stick to his routine.) I was so stunned myself that I could not cry or really even access my emotions until about a week later.

Point being - in the first few days, I am sure we said and did all kinds of things that were different than how I would have expected us to react. So having been through this now But 10 days later - by then it has sunk in and all the bizzaro behaviors are pretty much gone.

I'm so sorry, for you and your sons' loss.

Ten days. I'm wondering if this was a closed casket service or if there was a visitation by family prior to the closing of the casket. Wondering if she saw Cooper's dead body as any time? Curious as to how she acted at the time.

And why was the funeral not held for 10 days? That is an awfully long time.

Ten days. I'm wondering if this was a closed casket service or if there was a visitation by family prior to the closing of the casket. Wondering if she saw Cooper's dead body as any time? Curious as to how she acted at the time.

They obit said he would be laying in state. I think that means open casket????

This.

Although I cannot imagine leaving my child, or pet, inside a hot car, IF it was my greatest fear, then I would most certainly take precautions. It's not Rocket Science and it doesn't require one cent be spent. When you get inside the vehicle immediately after you have strapped them in, take off your she and put in in the backseat.

You are not going to get out of your car and "forget" that one shoe is missing!

The comment about not wanting to bring Cooper back is very odd to me. Why did she bring him into this world if she felt that way?

My father died last month so I've been keeping my experience in mind when it comes to hire people behave while grieving.

The moment I found out my dad was going to die, I was in shock. I didn't cry at that very moment. People have commented that I seem very put together.

Growing up virtually everyone we knew commented on how much my brother looked like my mother. He did, far more than her daughters did and, in fact, now looks much like she did at the same age.

Thing is, my brother is adopted. There is no biological connection whatsoever. It was just one of those freaky things.

I wouldn't have been to deliver a eulogy at all -- I don't know how she did it.
I couldn't say a word at my baby's funeral. My sister told me later she was pretty sure she was going to have to have me physically removed from the grave at the burial, too. I know I managed to be "stoic" during at least part of the viewing, but I was also on valium and stuff.

This.

Although I cannot imagine leaving my child, or pet, inside a hot car, IF it was my greatest fear, then I would most certainly take precautions. It's not Rocket Science and it doesn't require one cent be spent. When you get inside the vehicle immediately after you have strapped them in, take off your she and put in in the backseat.

You are not going to get out of your car and "forget" that one shoe is missing!

I doubt most would forget their cell phone. Leave That back with the baby. Baby's safer, others on the roadway are safer. I'm so over people being attached to their phones like They were a life-line.
:gaah:

Growing up virtually everyone we knew commented on how much my brother looked like my mother. He did, far more than her daughters did and, in fact, now looks much like she did at the same age.

Thing is, my brother is adopted. There is no biological connection whatsoever. It was just one of those freaky things.

Oh that is funny. Sometimes kids pick up mannerisms that remind us of their parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz