LP's Confidence #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So LP was blowing smoke, eh? I don't think so!

Private investigator Jim Hoover, who volunteered his services to the Anthony family, brought his camera equipment and tape to an Orlando law office where he and his attorney met with the lead investigators from the Orange County Sheriff's Office and the FBI for about three hours.

~sip~

When the detectives left with Hoover's ten-minute video of the scene from November, they seemed encouraged.

"Can you tell me whether this helps you move forward in the case?" WFTV reporter Kathi Belich asked Sgt. John Allen.

"Very helpful," he said.

Hoover and his lawyer sat down with Eyewitness News minutes later and revealed some of the information Hoover shared with the detectives. They said Mr. Casey called Hoover on November 14 and asked him to come to town and meet at Mr. Casey's office on the morning of November 15. That's when Mr. Casey told Hoover that Caylee was dead and that Mr. Casey knew where the remains were.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18432677/detail.html

Amen to this. These two guys had a obligation as a fellow human beings to alert LE about their suspicions and who or whom were supplying the information, whether or not Caylee was found there. Which it appears she was.

O/T, boy is the server slow again this evening.

Well I don't know why I have to keep explaining this: When LP first brought it up on NG, he said "the 15th". Of course folks assumed he was talking about November 15th because that's when the pictures, video were taken. It wasn't until another show, several days later, did he mention that it was in December. And viewers should not have to put up with someone "who doesn't speak as clearly as we would like.. but if we listen carefully...", in fact someone who omitted pertinent information the first time around! JMO.

Gee natsound, I really wasn't being snarky in my earlier reply. Hope you didn't take it that way. :) I really had no trouble understanding Leonard the first time he mentioned it. I guess what really matters tho, is that he has clarified it, so that everyone can now understand. :)

LP relayed what he was told by JH. No one ever accused him of "blowing smoke". :waitasec:

Well I don't know why I have to keep explaining this: When LP first brought it up on NG, he said "the 15th". Of course folks assumed he was talking about November 15th because that's when the pictures, video were taken. It wasn't until another show, several days later, did he mention that it was in December. And viewers should not have to put up with someone "who doesn't speak as clearly as we would like.. but if we listen carefully...", in fact someone who omitted pertinent information the first time around! JMO.

Bolded by me

They don't have to put up with it............change channels. That solves it.

Private investigator Jim Hoover, who volunteered his services to the Anthony family, brought his camera equipment and tape to an Orlando law office where he and his attorney met with the lead investigators from the Orange County Sheriff's Office and the FBI for about three hours.

~sip~

When the detectives left with Hoover's ten-minute video of the scene from November, they seemed encouraged.

"Can you tell me whether this helps you move forward in the case?" WFTV reporter Kathi Belich asked Sgt. John Allen.

"Very helpful," he said.

Hoover and his lawyer sat down with Eyewitness News minutes later and revealed some of the information Hoover shared with the detectives. They said Mr. Casey called Hoover on November 14 and asked him to come to town and meet at Mr. Casey's office on the morning of November 15. That's when Mr. Casey told Hoover that Caylee was dead and that Mr. Casey knew where the remains were.

Well, I guess we can put this snippet from Leonard in the "true column"! Go LP! Thanks SS :blowkiss:

Well, I guess we can put this snippet from Leonard in the "true column"! Go LP! Thanks SS :blowkiss:

What? It was reported on WFTV prior to LP talking about it on NG. Are we applauding LP for being able to read now?

Whoa- lets give LP at least 1% credit- the P.I. calls LP in December and tells him about the tape- Lp asks him if he went to LE with it and P.I. says NO- so LP calls Nick S. about it- If LP wasnt told this by the P.I. maybe none of this would of surfaced and the P.I. would of just shut his mouth

I thought it was reported on WFtV right after LP brought this up to NG?

What? It was reported on WFTV prior to LP talking about it on NG. Are we applauding LP for being able to read now?

Amazing isn't it Chilly...

LP repeats something he read & he gets credit for making some kind of discovery or something.

This was all over the news before LP ever mentioned anything about the Video.

Below is the Promo for the NG show on the night LP first mentioned it.

==================================
Police in the Caylee Investigation Want to See PI`s Videotape

Aired December 30, 2008 - 20:00:00 ET

JEAN CASAREZ, GUEST HOST:
Headlines tonight. A private investigator who at one point worked for the Casey Anthony defense team was at the remains site one month before the skull and bones were found. But why was he there? The Anthony defense team is trying to protect their former investigator from talking to authorities, filing a legal motion asking for a special master to oversee any questioning of the private investigator.

===========================

CASAREZ:You believe this video exists. Have you seen it?

LEONARD PADILLA: Yes.

CASAREZ: Tell us about it.

PADILLA: I was introduced to Hoover back when we bailed out Casey in August. And because we have basically a sealed team, we don`t allow outsiders in. And therefore, even though he volunteered to help and all that, he wasn`t accepted.

When we went back this last time, we noticed that he was part of the security or the people that were hanging around the Anthonys. And after I had been there about three or four days, he mentioned to me that he had a film that he had filmed when Dominic called him on the 15th. And I asked him, I says, How can you have a film of the area? He says, Well, Dominic called me on the 15th, told me Caylee had been found. Hoover told me that he asked him, Is she alive? He said, No, she`s dead, but we`re going to go get her right now.

He then -- about two hours later, he showed up again. He had this film, a minute-and-a-half. But it`s not of the exact area where the body was found.

~sip~

"Very helpful," he said.

Didn't LP say the FBI already had the tape and that it hadn't been taped over?

He was right about the tape but it appears he was wrong about that.

For the record....Mr Casey is denying that he ever talked to Hoover about this.

So somebody is not telling the truth .....

Either Casey, Hoover, or LP

Or maybe their all telling "Fibs"

For the record....Mr Casey is denying that he ever talked to Hoover about this.

So somebody is not telling the truth .....

Either Casey, Hoover, or LP

Or maybe their all telling "Fibs"

I'll go with D, all of the above.

Didn't LP say the FBI already had the tape and that it hadn't been taped over?

He was right about the tape but it appears he was wrong about that.

LP isn't the one who first reported that there was a Tape.

After the Tapes existence was reported LP said that He had seen the it & he also relayed a coNversation he had with Hoover.

Hoover allegedly relayed a conversation he had with Casey to LP about the Video & finding Caylee's remains.

Casey is denying that this conversation ever happened

At least this is my understanding of whats going on with the tape.

I'm probably wrong because I'll admit I am a bit confused about what actually happened.

It seems like it's a he said she said situation.

BOLDED BY BOSTON

My apologies- I couldnt find the date LP first mentioned it on NG- I dont have access to the links like you all do- the links dont always load for me. I just thought he mentioned it first- I was hoping someone would post the date like you just did- guess I better start making notes of everything and refer back to my notes

LP isn't the one who first reported that there was a Tape.

After the Tapes existence was reported LP said that He had seen the it & he also relayed a coNversation he had with Hoover.

Hoover allegedly relayed a conversation he had with Casey to LP about the Video & finding Caylee's remains.

Casey is denying that this conversation ever happened

At least this is my understanding of whats going on with the tape.

I'm probably wrong because I'll admit I am a bit confused about what actually happened.

It seems like it's a he said she said situation.

BOLDED BY BOSTON

I agree it is confusing but I'm pretty sure he's said the FBI had the tape and had already seen it. He also said the tape wasn't taped over at all. The part about being partially taped over has yet to be revealed as true or not.

The best thing about this is that LE probably will find it pretty easy to get a warrant for DC's phone records that day and we can find out who he was talking to. IMO, once that's known the whole case will blow up and instead of just a murder charge there is going to be a lot of peripheral damage. As I mentioned here or in another thread if JB isn't disbarred by the end of this trial I'll be very surprised.

IMO, they can give Hoover all the immunity he wants even though he knew about this a month before the bodies discovery. Without him this whole thing wouldn't be happening now.

Also, it's going to very hard for the defense team to make anything out of that immunity because the tape says it all.

I'm going through some of the NG interviews and found this:

PADILLA: I immediately called Nick Savage. I didn`t want to get caught up in a little econ-type situation, where I had information and I didn`t give it to him. So I contacted him, and I says, you better talk to this guy. I also told Hoover, three times, no less than three times you better contact the authorities, this kind of stuff can cause you problems.

Anyone know what information LP is referring to?

Weren't you complaining that WFTV used LP as their "source" about this situation? But now you're saying that WFTV knew first, and it didn't come from LP. He read it on WFTV and then talked about it on NG? ??? :waitasec:

Weren't you complaining that WFTV used LP as their "source" about this situation? But now you're saying that WFTV knew first, and it didn't come from LP. He read it on WFTV and then talked about it on NG? ??? :waitasec:

Yes, that was me, but I never said the WFTV story didn't come from LP. I believe LP took the story to WFTV, WFTV ran with it, and viola, LP once again has insider information to share on NG.

Some posters are congratulating LP for being right about this, as if he foresaw it. For those who don't believe LP was WFTV's unnamed source, I counter with the fact that WFTV had the story first, LP added nothing that hadn't already been said.

For those who believe he was the source - so? Hoover told him the story, he took it to WFTV.

I guess I just don't understand what the big deal is about LP repeating a story that was told to him, regardless of where he first heard it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKseeker
Back