Luka Rocco Magnotta: charged with first degree murder; worldwide red alert:INTERPOL

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the Montreal police have handled this at all well. They dismissed the initial reports of the video without even viewing it, they dismissed the missing person's report, they dismissed all the warnings about Luka. The handling of the crime scene isn't the best either.

On the other end of the spectrum, you have people like MEH, wife of former Colonel Russell Williams, murderous freak, who successfully obtained $3,000 from LE because her new hardwood floors were scratched by them during their search of their $700,000 home. :puke:

Also, I find the way the crime scene was left, and the fact that the fridge was not thrown out, and all those tenants were left to view and clean up in full public view, what is left of the poor human being, the victim, Jun Lin, absolutely appalling.

I've seen it complained about in other cases where it is up to the owners to incurr the costs of cleanup and determine what is going to be kept and what thrown away after LE leaves. Though I do have to say in the US, things like the refridgerator would probably have been taken in as evidence, along with the matteress and box springs. At least in a high profile crime they would be. And I think this would qualify as high profile.

Heck if they left that much behind, don't be surprised to see murderababilia up there rooting through the garbage.

Yes, NPD would be my guess, along with sexual sadism. Remember, he used the dead bodies of those kittens to masterbate with, so defiling the body of his human victim wasn't his first foray into getting sexual pleasure from killing.

Talking about animals...I still haven't heard anything about the dog in the video that was presumably eating the torso. Seems an interesting detail to think about. No mention has been made in the press about a dog being on the premises and the landlord hasn't mentioned Luka owning a pet.

He might just have bought the dog and kill it after...not like he is not able to do that....

I've got a bit of a leap going on with this post, but ... yesterday I found a listing for a KH (just the initial K, not Karla) in Hamilton where Audrey Gleave was killed in some horrific fashion (one of the worst Hamilton LE had seen in years). I was merely toying with the idea that such a shocking crime might be associated with someone like LRM. Now am a bit more curious due to the amazinggrace1 user name, as Amazing Grace was the last email received by Audrey Gleave's friends before she was found dead.

With his interest in serial killers and gore, it is likely that LRM has been following some of the more sensational cases, so his amazinggrace1 nick could be totally coincidental or another shock value tool used by his messed up mind in his attempt to impress. I did however just want to put it out there for something to keep in mind as we sleuth the flippin' universe on this alien.

Was thinking the same thing. He'd be able to hide in that barn with DLS knowing full well that LE would arrest DLS.

The 'Amazing Grace' also hit me!

And back to what I keep harping on - YOUNG! But was he close to Audrey? Hope the FBI & RCMP & MPS are connecting the dots.

:moo:

Do you guys think the Task Force for Sonia Varaschin's and Audrey Gleave's case has been called into Jun Lin's?

Wasn't the violation of the very elderly AG, very sick, sexually twisted, that LE had not seen the likes of?

What about AG's dogs? Could they have been subdued by offerings from LRM?

It could be a stretch, but, I am more inclined to think of AG's case, because of LRM's "notoriouslyelderly0" username, postings, and the weird pictures of elderly people with diseases that he sent to people from Craig's List just prior to Lin's murder.

As for Sonia's, unless there is a connection to Orangeville, it would seem somewhat unrelated, though, I always associate AG and SV's crimes, also.

How many items were in LRM's apartment?

Everything is completely gone.

How did he move all his furnishings? Clothing? Electronics? When and where?

He didn't just commit the crime and run, unless everything was already gone.

Didn't any of the neighbours see him moving?

I don't think the Montreal police have handled this at all well. They dismissed the initial reports of the video without even viewing it, they dismissed the missing person's report, they dismissed all the warnings about Luka. The handling of the crime scene isn't the best either.

I agree.

The handling of the crime scene is absolutely perplexing.

Why the heck didn't LE take all that evidence? :waitasec:

That just boggles my mind.

Yes, NPD would be my guess, along with sexual sadism. Remember, he used the dead bodies of those kittens to masterbate with, so defiling the body of his human victim wasn't his first foray into getting sexual pleasure from killing.

Talking about animals...I still haven't heard anything about the dog in the video that was presumably eating the torso. Seems an interesting detail to think about. No mention has been made in the press about a dog being on the premises and the landlord hasn't mentioned Luka owning a pet.

You know I considered sexual sadism for him. But I am conflicted. I don't know if I believe that he really gets excited by the murders of the animals and the guy. A sexual sadist gets off on the pain, terror, degradation of the subject and the final goal is to see them die. But this guy I get a different feel. As if what is getting him off is the idea of the notriety he will get, the attention. Like maybe that is what he is picturing when he committs the acts. I'm thinking when he committs the acts of murder and even the masturbation he is getting excited by fantasizing about the shock and revulsion of the public, not of the victim. In a way I guess that is still sexual sadism, but with a twist.

It was Toronto Police that ignored the reports.

I agree, Mysteriew, he's more like a sadistic exhibitionist.

Do you guys think the Task Force for Sonia Varaschin's and Audrey Gleave's case has been called into Jun Lin's?

Wasn't the violation of the very elderly AG, very sick, sexually twisted, that LE had not seen the likes of?

What about AG's dogs? Could they have been subdued by offerings from LRM?

It could be a stretch, but, I am more inclined to think of AG's case, because of LRM's "notoriouslyelderly0" username, postings, and the weird pictures of elderly people with diseases that he sent to people from Craig's List just prior to Lin's murder.

As for Sonia's, unless there is a connection to Orangeville, it would seem somewhat unrelated, though, I always associate AG and SV's crimes, also.

I doubt the Task Force has been directly notified, but by merely reading the news........THEY KNOW ABOUT HIM! I just hope they start digging into his whereabouts in August and December of 2010.

What im wondering is were are the rest of the Body parts and the dog. i dont think he had a car. and the location he was living in is highly populated. you would think something would have been found by now.

I have wondered about that too, I don't think this was his principle residence at all, I think he used it only for the murder and perhaps for dates. I saw a report earlier today that said there were no belongings in the apartment when the police got there and I wonder if there ever was.

A suggestion was made by another poster that perhaps he rented the place specifically for use as a murder location. I did hear early in the investigation that the police had removed what ever was left of his personal belongings, which is how they deduced he had gone to france. Some writings he had left behind. None of us where there when the initial investigation went on, and I think we should reserve comment on what kind of a job, good or bad, that the Montreal Police did.

Good thought. But IMO he is too organized to be schizophrenic. Too capable of critical thinking. Now I could go with Narcissictic Personality Disorder.

Possible but I think he is disorganized, I think his life is a mess and he only creates an image that he has it together but he is very much a disorganized person underneath his facade.

But that is all just a guess, I am not a shrink I am a lawyer.

I think everything he owns fits on his person or in a backpack, and everything else is expendable/easily replaceable. I'm sure he doesn't have an attachment to much of anything, and he's too much of a loser to acquire things that you might think twice about leaving behind. Every single thing important to him is probably on his body or on his computer. jmo

*sigh*
Not sure what the point in bashing the victim is? Taking a couple jokes he made seriously, to mean he had a "dark side"? I have what some may consider a "dark" sense of humour. Many people do. Doesn't mean that people who make jokes are asking to be killed... seriously. What kind of person would slander a victim? :maddening:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ent-victim-lin-jun/article4226195/?cmpid=rss1

I dont think that was bashing him....I think it sheds a light into how the met him (people wondered why him, how him) and who is victims probably are.
I wondered it because the only info being put out there was this shy super sweet man going to college from a good home etc........and I thought: how could someone like him end up a victim of LM....I figured there had to be some comminality for that meeting to take place and him to end up in JMs apartment....

JMO...

In the past some similar criminals will make contact with LE or with the news media to "rub their noses in it". To up the interest, to keep it in the media. I am wondering if this guy will do that or if making internet postings will be enough for him. Certainly contacting media or LE would increase his risk. But he did it with the kitty murders. He went in an interview. So does he have the stones for it or will he do it again?

This is the first I've read about anyone speaking out about knowing LRM,or "Eric"

A Toronto man once charged with fraud alongside Luka Magnotta says he always knew his co-accused was unstable but figured him too timid to ever get involved in serious crime.

Antonio Minakakis, 30, described Magnotta as a “creepy neighbourhood guy” who dragged him into a 2004 fraud case in an attempt to reduce his own culpability.

The two lived in the area of Don Mills Road and Sheppard Avenue at the time.

“He was a very weird guy, which is why nobody hung around with him,” said Minakakis, who still lives in the same Parkway Forest neighbourhood.

“He had a very weird way to him. Very weird. His eyes. He was very unstable, very shaky. I don’t know if he was on meds or what ... He was schizo. That’s what we used to say: ‘The guy’s schizo.’”

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Toront...xual+assault/6714700/story.html#ixzz1wfeDZsEa

You know I considered sexual sadism for him. But I am conflicted. I don't know if I believe that he really gets excited by the murders of the animals and the guy. A sexual sadist gets off on the pain, terror, degradation of the subject and the final goal is to see them die. But this guy I get a different feel. As if what is getting him off is the idea of the notriety he will get, the attention. Like maybe that is what he is picturing when he committs the acts. I'm thinking when he committs the acts of murder and even the masturbation he is getting excited by fantasizing about the shock and revulsion of the public, not of the victim. In a way I guess that is still sexual sadism, but with a twist.

ITA. He's probably been doing progressively freakish things for others' sexual gratification for most of his life. He knows that people will react to it, one way or another, even if it does nothing for him personally. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties