MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for posting this link

for the last hour I've been looking through profiles of people who uploaded photos

it's amazing how many of them have brown-eyed/brunette kids

~sigh~

I hope police are looking through the Deer Island Facebook page for leads. A lot of people looked to be in the usual age group young parents --possibly having a 4 year old. A lot of brunettes on there too.

I hope police rule out Maggie with DNA from the mother. I wouldn't be able to rest until I knew for sure it wasn't my baby.

Good grief, that rendering of her just breaks my heart. 😢

How long for COD to be determined?

View attachment 77477

View attachment 77478

View attachment 77479

Julie Loncich @JulieLoncich
Correction: leggings are made by CIRCO. They are size 4T. Blanket is manufactured by Cannon.

The Boston Globe @BostonGlobe
There was some decomposition, but officials don't believe girl on Deer Island was there too long

Question about the leggings and blanket. They look really clean for having been submerged in that water. The white looks very white. I've heard a few differing reports of "washed ashore" and "carefully placed there"

Because of the condition of the pants, I'm leaning towards the carefully placed reports being accurate.

What do you think? But maybe not. Swimsuits that have white in them look cleanish after being in the ocean. I don't know. Just brainstorming here.

Gemalynne Nunn? Mother and husband abduction...Federal warrant for flight was issued on the mother, Brittany Nunn in Dec 2014 and in April of this year for the husband Peter Barr...Gema has brown hair, brown eyes, approximately 3'1 tall and 40 lbs at disappearance

https://www.facebook.com/JusticeforGema

View attachment 77664

Classito

I thought this was possible. Little girl found looks a little like bother girls to me.

Question about the leggings and blanket. They look really clean for having been submerged in that water. The white looks very white. I've heard a few differing reports of "washed ashore" and "carefully placed there"

Because of the condition of the pants, I'm leaning towards the carefully placed reports being accurate.

What do you think? But maybe not. Swimsuits that have white in them look cleanish after being in the ocean. I don't know. Just brainstorming here.

I wondered the same thing. I thought they located replica pictures but she was also in a trash bag that could have kept her clean. I lean toward the 'placed' theory.

This is totally random, but happened 3 hours away from deer island --straight shot through interstate. Quite mysterious. But I don't see how it could be related unless the killer hid this child and murdered family to cover up then killed themselves. I feel bad even posting this because it's so far fetched. They seem like really nice people from neighbor accounts

http://bangordailynews.com/2015/07/...rs-shocked-at-deaths-of-3-in-boothbay-harbor/

This is totally random, but happened 3 hours away from deer island --straight shot through interstate. Quite mysterious. But I don't see how it could be related unless the killer hid this child and murdered family to cover up then killed themselves. I feel bad even posting this because it's so far fetched. They seem like really nice people from neighbor accounts

http://bangordailynews.com/2015/07/...rs-shocked-at-deaths-of-3-in-boothbay-harbor/

It crossed my mind as well as to whether this incident is related in any way. I guess we need to know if there was a child missing from the home. Did the younger victim have a child?

I don't think those are the actual pants she was wearing. I think it is just a picture of a similar pair.

I digged through the internet till my head start to spin and I got to conclusion, that this little mitten hasn't been reported missing. People, open your eyes! Maybe you know a girl in your neighbourhood or in your family that haven't been seen for a while? Someone? Please?

Saw this on my FB newsfeed...came here immediately and read the entire thread. My heart is breaking for this little one....

I had a thought....could she be a foster child? Foster parents would just have to say that she was formally adopted to any neighbors, family or friends who might be questioning why she is gone. Months can go by before a caseworker checks on the welfare of a foster child.

I work for a state agency. The state is going through a transition process with its workforce at the moment, with thousands of workers taking a retirement package under our new governor's budget plan on June 30th. Plans have not been made yet in a lot of places for replacement of those workers. So other employees are taking on two and three times their workloads. If we are having trouble in my agency handling the workload, I would not at all be surprised if she fell through the cracks at DCF because a worker hadn't gone out to check on her, or her caseworker retired and the file is at the bottom of someone's pile right now. I would hope that state police have asked DCF to have their workers go through their case files for any child in the state's care that fits her description. And I hope that those workers are actually taking the time to do this, despite their current workloads.

Also, I would imagine that children and families are harder to track down in the summer. Schools aren't obviously a place to account for them right now, and families are pretty much free to do what they want - as in, there's no requirement that your kid be accounted for - and babysitters need to be found. People go on vacations, leave town, etc. Plus, especially in these Massachusetts coastal towns, residences change - people leave for the summer, rent out their places. There are also a lot of seasonal workers that come to the coast, including the Cape and Islands, just for the work. That leaves open a lot of holes for a kid and their parents to figuratively slip through, and for people who know them to have a reason to not see them as much or lose track of them.

Gemalynne Nunn? Mother and husband abduction...Federal warrant for flight was issued on the mother, Brittany Nunn in Dec 2014 and in April of this year for the husband Peter Barr...Gema has brown hair, brown eyes, approximately 3'1 tall and 40 lbs at disappearance

https://www.facebook.com/JusticeforGema

View attachment 77664
Classito

Okay...but usually parents, especially mothers, don't abduct their children in order to kill them. And especially not to wait several months to kill them.

People, think local and recent. You're really grasping at straws if you're looking at abductions from several months ago, in other states. This kid supposedly didn't have bruises or injuries to indicate previous assaults. If she was abducted and kept alive for that long, there would be some indication on her body of that. And most kids who are abducted by strangers don't live longer than 48 hours; most kids abducted by a non-custodian parent aren't killed. Start with Occam's razor and move outwards. It was a local child killed by a parent or foster parent who then obviously did not report that kid missing. Maybe she's from a community that does not speak English, or doesn't trust the cops, and that's why no one else has come forward to report a missing child; or, summertime everyone scatters to different places for vacation around you and it is not uncommon to lose touch with where people are once school is out, especially when so many kids have divorced parents and therefore live in two different places. Those are all much more likely scenarios than what I've seen posited here. Also, again, this is not a random place off 95. This person KNEW this area. I know we're all looking at all possible scenarios here, but you really have to look at what is LIKELY. Is it likely this kid is from California, was driven across the country, killed somehow, and then dumped on an out of the way island that not many people know about outside the state? No, it isn't. I know it doesn't give us a lot to do to help out when we don't have missing childrens reports to look at, but I do think what is likely and probable has to be kept in mind here.

Okay...but usually parents, especially mothers, don't abduct their children in order to kill them. And especially not to wait several months to kill them.

People, think local and recent. You're really grasping at straws if you're looking at abductions from several months ago, in other states. This kid supposedly didn't have bruises or injuries to indicate previous assaults. If she was abducted and kept alive for that long, there would be some indication on her body of that. And most kids who are abducted by strangers don't live longer than 48 hours; most kids abducted by a non-custodian parent aren't killed. Start with Occam's razor and move outwards. It was a local child killed by a parent or foster parent who then obviously did not report that kid missing. Maybe she's from a community that does not speak English, or doesn't trust the cops, and that's why no one else has come forward to report a missing child; or, summertime everyone scatters to different places for vacation around you and it is not uncommon to lose touch with where people are once school is out, especially when so many kids have divorced parents and therefore live in two different places. Those are all much more likely scenarios than what I've seen posited here. Also, again, this is not a random place off 95. This person KNEW this area. I know we're all looking at all possible scenarios here, but you really have to look at what is LIKELY. Is it likely this kid is from California, was driven across the country, killed somehow, and then dumped on an out of the way island that not many people know about outside the state? No, it isn't. I know it doesn't give us a lot to do to help out when we don't have missing childrens reports to look at, but I do think what is likely and probable has to be kept in mind here.

You're right, but I think it's important to not discount older abductions, especially by a noncustodial parent. If a child abducted by a parent months, even years later died accidentally, the abductor would likely dispose of the body in this way to avoid prosecution.

While I think the initial focus should be on recent, local missing children, it's certainly possible that this child could be from clear across the country, missing for months or years.

Occam's razor is a good place to start, but I've too often seen these cases become so convoluted that it's shocking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right, but I think it's important to not discount older abductions, especially by a noncustodial parent. If a child abducted by a parent months, even years later died accidentally, the abductor would likely dispose of the body in this way to avoid prosecution.

While I think the initial focus should be on recent, local missing children, it's certainly possible that this child could be from clear across the country, missing for months or years.

Occam's razor is a good place to start, but I've too often seen these cases become so convoluted that it's shocking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this will be a family killing. This baby is so sweet and beautiful. If she was taken the world would know.

I think this will be a family killing. This baby is so sweet and beautiful. If she was taken the world would know.
I agree :( Hopefully an aunt, grandparent, friend of family etc will see the photo and report to police.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I work for a state agency. The state is going through a transition process with its workforce at the moment, with thousands of workers taking a retirement package under our new governor's budget plan on June 30th. Plans have not been made yet in a lot of places for replacement of those workers. So other employees are taking on two and three times their workloads. If we are having trouble in my agency handling the workload, I would not at all be surprised if she fell through the cracks at DCF because a worker hadn't gone out to check on her, or her caseworker retired and the file is at the bottom of someone's pile right now. I would hope that state police have asked DCF to have their workers go through their case files for any child in the state's care that fits her description. And I hope that those workers are actually taking the time to do this, despite their current workloads.

Also, I would imagine that children and families are harder to track down in the summer. Schools aren't obviously a place to account for them right now, and families are pretty much free to do what they want - as in, there's no requirement that your kid be accounted for - and babysitters need to be found. People go on vacations, leave town, etc. Plus, especially in these Massachusetts coastal towns, residences change - people leave for the summer, rent out their places. There are also a lot of seasonal workers that come to the coast, including the Cape and Islands, just for the work. That leaves open a lot of holes for a kid and their parents to figuratively slip through, and for people who know them to have a reason to not see them as much or lose track of them.

Regarding your last paragraph, her sketch has been all over the news including here in Canada. Someone would recognize her, wouldn't they despite holidays, etc. A family member, a friend, someone????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem