MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I understand trying to see this through the eyes of the perp and fathom what possibly happen and WHY and making sense of it, the empathy towards the perp is shocking to me. Where I come from, no one who is capable of leaving a child in a garbage bag, dead and cold like trash is in any way shape or form a caring person. There is no excuse what so ever. Being deported is not an excuse. A "culture" that doesn't report stuff is not an excuse. Having other children is not an excuse. Whoever did this is sick. They did not care for this child. Wrapping a dead child in a blanket before you dump her alone in a garbage bag is not caring or love. It is guilt. It is evil. It is beyond cruel. Just because the child appeared to be well cared for doesn't mean she was.

In an effort to be insightful for this case, many, IMO, try to remove opinion, emotion, or subjection from their thought process, as "my" thought process, or emotions (or customs, fears, or thoughts) may vary widely from that of the person or persons that placed little Doe's body in or near the water.

I'll approach one perspective using my objective viewpoint.... Let's assume this child is the child of illegal immigrants.

Personally, I'd NEVER put my child or anyone I care about in the ocean or in a trash bag for that matter, but: I am a U.S. citizen living in this country legally, with children who have never been abused or neglected by their parents; therefore I have nothing to fear. And as a life-long American, growing up in the Midwest, my previous experience with death and burial usually leads to burial or cremation. BUT, I am not this person, therefore let me consider:

1) IF this family is in the U.S. illegally, they may have felt that they could not come forward with the death of their child. Yes it's possible she may have been abused or neglected (because it's easier for the rest of us to believe that "loving, good" parents would NEVER place a beloved, adored child in a trash in the ocean), but there's another possibility and it's very real: this child, as an illegal immigrant or the child to illegal immigrant parents may not have received immunizations, antibiotics, medications or life saving healthcare that our children enjoy regularly. If a U.S. CITIZEN doesn't provide these for our children it is medial neglect, to an immigrant, they may not know these are/were available even to non Citizen children (Many U.S. citizens don't even know that illegal immigrant children can receive free healthcare in the U.S. With confidentiality).

2). Either way, if the child died as a result, what are their choices? They have limited income for a burial/cremation ($5,000+), and if they bring the death to the attention of any authority it will result in public knowledge that they're here illegally. They've already lost their child to disease or illness (best case scenario).... Or worse, nothing is going to raise her from the dead. So you find a way to give your child a burial (in earth or sea etc). Coming clean to the authorities isn't going to benefit you in any way, you're from a strange land, you're afraid you will be deported - separated from family you may have in the U.S. (Possibly US been children, etc).

I think it's important to realize that if we were from a foreign land, possibly war ravaged or persecuted areas, we may do some very desperate things to survive in this country. We may feel we have very limited options, we may do some very off character things just to remain under the radar for the wellbeing of our family.

It may have been the worst moment in that mothers life the day she held her daughter in her arms and watch her take her last breath (from, lets say chronic asthma for example).... Then she has to watch as the child is left in a bag, like trash, for the ocean current to take her in and keep her forever. Then she wakes the next day and finds the sea didn't take her baby but every person in the U.S. is looking for her and with vengeance. Of course, she may well deserve it, but she may not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

u worded that great. thanku:fence::happydance::drumroll:
In an effort to be insightful for this case, many, IMO, try to remove opinion, emotion, or subjection from their thought process, as "my" thought process, or emotions (or customs, fears, or thoughts) may vary widely from that of the person or persons that placed little Doe's body in or near the water.

I'll approach one perspective using my objective viewpoint.... Let's assume this child is the child of illegal immigrants.

Personally, I'd NEVER put my child or anyone I care about in the ocean or in a trash bag for that matter, but: I am a U.S. citizen living in this country legally, with children who have never been abused or neglected by their parents; therefore I have nothing to fear. And as a life-long American, growing up in the Midwest, my previous experience with death and burial usually leads to burial or cremation. BUT, I am not this person, therefore let me consider:

1) IF this family is in the U.S. illegally, they may have felt that they could not come forward with the death of their child. Yes it's possible she may have been abused or neglected (because it's easier for the rest of us to believe that "loving, good" parents would NEVER place a beloved, adored child in a trash in the ocean), but there's another possibility and it's very real: this child, as an illegal immigrant or the child to illegal immigrant parents may not have received immunizations, antibiotics, medications or life saving healthcare that our children enjoy regularly. If a U.S. CITIZEN doesn't provide these for our children it is medial neglect, to an immigrant, they may not know these are/were available even to non Citizen children (Many U.S. citizens don't even know that illegal immigrant children can receive free healthcare in the U.S. With confidentiality).

2). Either way, if the child died as a result, what are their choices? They have limited income for a burial/cremation ($5,000+), and if they bring the death to the attention of any authority it will result in public knowledge that they're here illegally. They've already lost their child to disease or illness (best case scenario).... Or worse, nothing is going to raise her from the dead. So you find a way to give your child a burial (in earth or sea etc). Coming clean to the authorities isn't going to benefit you in any way, you're from a strange land, you're afraid you will be deported - separated from family you may have in the U.S. (Possibly US been children, etc).

I think it's important to realize that if we were from a foreign land, possibly war ravaged or persecuted areas, we may do some very desperate things to survive in this country. We may feel we have very limited options, we may do some very off character things just to remain under the radar for the wellbeing of our family.

It may have been the worst moment in that mothers life the day she held her daughter in her arms and watch her take her last breath (from, lets say chronic asthma for example).... Then she has to watch as the child is left in a bag, like trash, for the ocean current to take her in and keep her forever. Then she wakes the next day and finds the sea didn't take her baby but every person in the U.S. is looking for her and with vengeance. Of course, she may well deserve it, but she may not.

ahahhahah im so excited i finally figured out how to use these cute little gadgets.. look at me.... im styling and profiling now... :scared::shame::drumroll::truce::loveyou::tantrum::moo::blushing::laughing::cheers::truce::drumroll::gaah::rollercoaster::lurk::innocent::great::boohoo::razz::takeabow:they are so cute.. i wills top now, i feel llike a little kid in a candy tore.. woooohoooooo

u worded that great. thanku:fence::happydance::drumroll:

Thank you, Floridian, that means a lot. I work in social services, and with my job we see everything. Although it's lovely to think that all children and families in this country have the same life and cultural experiences, it is sadly often not the case. And every community houses illegal immigrants, and children with and without citizenship of neglect and abuse. But, EVERY unsolved case isn't necessarily deviant, it's important to consider all facets of sceneries not just one or two that seem most likely.

Personally, I pray that this child had a good life, loving parents, and died of natural causes - there are far too many little ones who don't get these things. Although she won't get to grow old and experience anything more, I pray the moments age did have were good and loving ones. Praying that the family felt fear of persecution and lack of financial means for the actions that they took, not anything more sinister. And if she did indeed have a good life with loving parents, I pray for her parents for they must be in terrible pain and fear. I pray when they are disclosed that there is public compassion for their circumstances if they meant no harm to the baby.

Thank you, Floridian, that means a lot. I work in social services, and with my job we see everything. Although it's lovely to think that all children and families in this country have the same life and cultural experiences, it is sadly often not the case. And every community houses illegal immigrants, and children with and without citizenship of neglect and abuse. But, EVERY unsolved case isn't necessarily deviant, it's important to consider all facets of sceneries not just one or two that seem most likely.

Personally, I pray that this child had a good life, loving parents, and died of natural causes - there are far too many little ones who don't get these things. Although she won't get to grow old and experience anything more, I pray the moments age did have were good and loving ones. Praying that the family felt fear of persecution and lack of financial means for the actions that they took, not anything more sinister. And if she did indeed have a good life with loving parents, I pray for her parents for they must be in terrible pain and fear. I pray when they are disclosed that there is public compassion for their circumstances if they meant no harm to the baby.

Great post and I hope you are correct. But my more cynical and jaded nature can't help but consider some more depressing possibilities. Like maybe she has been sexually abused for quite some time but was becoming more vocal with age. And so her abusers felt compelled to dispose of her before she talked to the wrong people when she went off to school.

Or maybe her care givers loved her but they loved their drugs/vices more. And ultimately, they just couldn't be bothered. And sadly this little sweetheart paid the price. I don't want it to be this way but I am afraid it probably was. Given the way she was dumped, in a garbage bag, I think it is more likely that she lived a very hard, rough childhood, than your lovely wish, that she had a good life with loving parents, that had no other choices. JMO

Great post and I hope you are correct. But my more cynical and jaded nature can't help but consider some more depressing possibilities. Like maybe she has been sexually abused for quite some time but was becoming more vocal with age. And so her abusers felt compelled to dispose of her before she talked to the wrong people when she went off to school.

Or maybe her care givers loved her but they loved their drugs/vices more. And ultimately, they just couldn't be bothered. And sadly this little sweetheart paid the price. I don't want it to be this way but I am afraid it probably was. Given the way she was dumped, in a garbage bag, I think it is more likely that she lived a very hard, rough childhood, than your lovely wish, that she had a good life with loving parents, that had no other choices. JMO

You very well may be correct. What makes me hold out hope is only that the comments I've read from news sources that have stated that the child was reported to appear to be "very well cared for" and well nourished and that the autopsy did not reveal anything that would cause death. Of course that doesn't imply that she had not previously been exposed to a drug home environment that did not cause death or sexual assault not resulting in death.

I'm projecting what could have caused death that could not be determined on the autopsy... And although I'm certainly not a medical expert, I'm making an assumption perhaps it could have been a natural cause, although quite rare in the U.S. Among children in her age range who are well nourished when they receive adequate health care and immunizations. Things like untreated or undiagnosed medial conditions come to mind.

Of course, news sources sometimes get their facts incorrect or incomplete. I wish we had real, solid, definite information to evaluate.

You very well may be correct. What makes me hold out hope is only that the comments I've read from news sources that have stated that the child was reported to appear to be "very well cared for" and well nourished and that the autopsy did not reveal anything that would cause death. Of course that doesn't imply that she had not previously been exposed to a drug home environment that did not cause death or sexual assault not resulting in death.

I'm projecting what could have caused death that could not be determined on the autopsy... And although I'm certainly not a medical expert, I'm making an assumption perhaps it could have been a natural cause, although quite rare in the U.S. Among children in her age range who are well nourished when they receive adequate health care and immunizations. Things like untreated or undiagnosed medial conditions come to mind.

Of course, news sources sometimes get their facts incorrect or incomplete. I wish we had real, solid, definite information to evaluate.

Good post. If it's not foul play, it very well could be natural causes. Maybe they didn't have the money to take her to the doctor much less bury her. I don't believe they were scientologists or anything like that. Up here its going to be laziness or money. JMO. I hope we know some day.

JMO. Unless they arent being straight with us, LE has continued to imply she was not abused. They said no marks, no known physical signs of abuse. I would imagine this means her who-ha too. They look everywhere at autopsy.

god bless u my dear, it takes a special kind of person to be in that line of work.

ahahhahah im so excited i finally figured out how to use these cute little gadgets.. look at me.... im styling and profiling now... they are so cute.. i wills top now, i feel llike a little kid in a candy tore.. woooohoooooo

Gah! Lol. Someone is having fun! Lol the roller coaster one is too funny...:giggle::coffeecup::justice:

Katydid.. good thoughts, and im sure everyone has thought ab the sexual abuse thing as well, i know I have, but I think they examine all that and thats another thing under them ruling out abuse.. Im sure its protocol to examine if u know what i mean, to be able to rule out if it was a pedophile that did this... the drug thing is a very very very GREAT possibility.. U know never in my life could i evr think someone could be capable of dumpn a a bay in trash bag like garbage.. i never would think people could be capable, but it also makes u wonder if by chance some type of retardation, or jus not wrapped real tight people were involved too... but young mother drugs etc.... sounds likely... this has really opened me up to jus how sick people are , can be.. its easy to be naive to these horrible things and i guess i have been, and was completely shocked about this... HONESTLY i truly keep hoping and thinking this is some sick joke or HOAX, reality of it is I know its not, but i keep wanting to think that.... so many people wouldve have taken this baby no questions asked.. Hell, i think any one of us would have. i wouldve.. allot of people are scared of the fingerprint thing, but, bc of this situation i feel strongly that every person born should have them. its no diff than them having ur SS#, footprints at birth, fingerprints would identify these people and kids..... I would in a heartbeat ever be so thankful if my child went missing and someone found a child dead, for my childs fingerprints to be on file to be able to identify if it was him or not.... I cant imagine laying my head down at night not knowing where my baby is. I couldnt live anymore.... NOTE to all PARENTS!!!! IF something were to happen to ur child tomorrow god for bid it happen and they went missing, HAVE YOU HAD THERE FINGERPRINTS PUT IN SYSTEM? My son was done many years ago at WalMArt, they had those people that come and put them in system with fingerprints and they get a littleID card.. Ive always thought that was great. BC even if they were to get lost and someone found them and they were too little to tell the cops or whomever found them what there last name is or where they live or who there parents are, they can take fingerprints and it will show in system, and it will list the parents names and contact info so u can be reached..

Although I understand trying to see this through the eyes of the perp and fathom what possibly happen and WHY and making sense of it, the empathy towards the perp is shocking to me. Where I come from, no one who is capable of leaving a child in a garbage bag, dead and cold like trash is in any way shape or form a caring person. There is no excuse what so ever. Being deported is not an excuse. A "culture" that doesn't report stuff is not an excuse. Having other children is not an excuse. Whoever did this is sick. They did not care for this child. Wrapping a dead child in a blanket before you dump her alone in a garbage bag is not caring or love. It is guilt. It is evil. It is beyond cruel. Just because the child appeared to be well cared for doesn't mean she was.

How you feel about empathy is how I feel about people trying to give an immigrant a pass because they're new. I'm tired of the whole poor immigrants, they are just so boxed in. No. This is America, not Disney Land. Illegal immigrant or not, you don't come here and do as you please. You don't put babies in bags and send them out to sea and then start screaming you're NEW here. (If this applies to this case )They know better. If they did not, they would not be so silent. I don't care what their excuse is. There are resources in MA for children. Kids get more free services than adults even dreamed of. How lazy do you have to be not to reach out? Being illegal does not excuse you. Ignorance is no excuse for the law. Peru was ready to put Madeline Mccan's parents UNDER the jail and there was not even a body. The longer LE has to wait for this person to come forward, the worse it will be on him/her. They tried being kind and saying just come forward, now they've spend thousands of dollars on Baby Doe and their time and resources, the person will serve time. They won't get a pass at this point. This is MA not FL. Rant over. JMO. Note: This child could have been very neglected. You can't see emotional scars. Like I said before, I think wrapping her was because they did not want to look at her. They couldn't bare it. Death is so final. That's a side of human nature. Remember a human did this. You can call them a monster but at the end of the day, it's a human. A evil human. Whoever did this was not completely removed from all feeling. JMO.

god bless u my dear, it takes a special kind of person to be in that line of work.

I was just posting a similar thought! Tough job.

Just adding my thanks to what you do and your great posts and insight into Baby Doe's possible life situation when she was alive. I always thought a social worker came forward anonymously to LE because maybe he/she remembered such a child in her line of work, just as the Laundromat gentleman bravely came forward to give his information. I have thought about the child having asthma too and not getting all the healthcare benefits available because the parents just didn't know. Again, not an excuse for how this baby was dumped at all, just trying to look from all perspectives. Thanks again for your insight and thoughts for Baby Girl.

BTW! Everyone is posting great comments! You guys are making my day!

Curious, does anyone know what type of area the Laundromatts are located within? Is it more low income, college, large homes owned or are those large homes broke into apartments? I am on the opposite coast so I'm just trying to get a feel for this area (s) where the laundromatts are located.
TIA

I've lived in various parts of greater Boston for 20+ years. The picture shows pretty typical housing stock for many of our more densely populated areas - what we call 'triple deckers'. Typically each floor is its own unit - depending on the area, these units can be either condos or apartments. (I live in one of these now, as a matter of fact, and love it - the units retain a lot of that 'old house' character). Sometimes the lowest floor is occupied by a business as in the pic with the laundromat.

I haven't lived in East Boston (yet, lol - I move around a fair bit) so my knowledge is more from friends/coworkers who live there. I would describe Eastie as predominantly Hispanic and working class, a place that has been known for cheap rents, great little neighborhood restaurants, and airplane noise. BUT (and it's a big but) Eastie has been changing rapidly in the past few years. New developments and facilities, plus those cheap housing costs, plus great proximity to the city is bringing an influx of folks with money, gentrifying the area and driving out longtime residents.

If you'd like to read more, here's a good article from a couple of years ago talking about the socioeconomics of the area: http://www.wbur.org/2013/10/02/estrella-luna-east-boston

There are plenty of ways to abuse children that do not include bruises, visible neglect or other physical signs, sadly. There are even ways to sexually abuse a child that leave few or no visible signs after the fact. It's all about degree, really, but at the end of the day, abuse is still abuse even when it leaves no noticeable bruises or broken bones. I can't think of too many scenarios in which she was beloved and cherished as she deserved to be that would have ended up with her dead, unidentified, stuffed in a trash bag and dumped. This strikes me as far more sinister. jmo, jme, moo.

How you feel about empathy is how I feel about people trying to give an immigrant a pass because they're new. I'm tired of the whole poor immigrants, they are just so boxed in. No. This is America, not Disney Land. Illegal immigrant or not, you don't come here and do as you please. You don't put babies in bags and send them out to sea and then start screaming you're NEW here. (If this applies to this case )They know better. If they did not, they would not be so silent. I don't care what their excuse is. There are resources in MA for children. Kids get more free services than adults even dreamed of. How lazy do you have to be not to reach out? Being illegal does not excuse you. Ignorance is no excuse for the law. Peru was ready to put Madeline Mccan's parents UNDER the jail and there was not even a body. The longer LE has to wait for this person to come forward, the worse it will be on him/her. They tried being kind and saying just come forward, now they've spend thousands of dollars on Baby Doe and their time and resources, the person will serve time. They won't get a pass at this point. This is MA not FL. Rant over. JMO. Note: This child could have been very neglected. You can't see emotional scars. Like I said before, I think wrapping her was because they did not want to look at her. They couldn't bare it. Death is so final. That's a side of human nature. Remember a human did this. You can call them a monster but at the end of the day, it's a human. A evil human. Whoever did this was not completely removed from all feeling. JMO.

You put your thoughts into an amazing post! Thank you! This is America! The immigration ordeal must be dealt with because we can't take care of the people that are already here in America. There are people starving in America right now. We need to feed these people. We need to take care of people who are here in America before we try to save the rest of the world! The influx of people coming here illegally needs to stop. No other country allows it. Hell! Look at the little African-American child found in that pond, lake or whatever it was in New York - well they found pieces of him or her. This kind of stuff needs to be fixed here in America. The mental health issue also - these people need better care than the county jail if they are American citizens. They don't need to be sleeping on city streets or the subways. They can be very dangerous. They need to be somewhere that they can get the help they need w/o being a danger to society. We have to take care of our own and get our own lives/country in order before we try to take care of everyone! Nip it in the bud people! Nip it in the bud! I'm not going all Trump or anything - just saying there are problems with having open borders. Stepping off my little rant stool now and going back to work.

Gah! Lol. Someone is having fun! Lol the roller coaster one is too funny...:giggle::coffeecup::justice:
roller coaster was my fav. I was having a ball, i had 33 and when inposted it said i could only post 20...lol ...:rollercoaster:
:slap::back::thewave::judge::sweep:

yes maam, preach that, the whole free pass immigrant thing, u couldnt have said it better..... same feelings and beliefs here!!:takeabow::goodpost:

The lack of reporting is what makes me think there is probably an issue with the community and the authorities, but illegal immigrant is not where my mind jumps. There are a lot of communities where people do not talk to police and many people have had run ins with police/social services where the makeup is not mostly undocumented immigrants. There is a wide range of cultural experiences among people born here, regardless of race, location, etc. This is still obviously wrong and an anomaly among every group because we rarely see it. It's not that I think a lot of people know and just won't talk to the police, because this is the type of case that will get people upset enough to call no matter what. But it may be the type of community where children frequently come and go due to CPS, family issues, etc., and adults tend to come and go as well, and people tend not to get too much into others' business. An unstable community where someone missing would not stand out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper