MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the "illegal immigrant" theory emerged because LE made it sound like Bella did not die through violent means. People started to think she died accidentally, so the question was: If your child dies due to an accident, why would you not report it and dump the body? Maybe because you don't trust the police and are scared of being deported.

wow lots and lots of pages to read. Can someone who has followed the thread please give me a cliff note version of what the heck is going on. I just won't be able to read that much but so want to be up to speed!

RB says MM punched Bella in the stomach repeatedly because she was possessed.

Bella was possibly stored in the fridge or freezer for a month before being dumped like trash on Deer Island.

RB's sister says she has anger problems

Medical examiner says no external bruising or internal bleeding though they feel she died via some type of trauma to her midsection.

Another Presser with much more info on Monday.

RB says MM punched Bella in the stomach repeatedly because she was possessed.

Bella was possibly stored in the fridge or freezer for a month before being dumped like trash on Deer Island.

RB's sister says she has anger problems

Medical examiner says no external bruising or internal bleeding though they feel she died via some type of trauma to her midsection.

Another Presser with much more info on Monday.

(Just adding on)

- Michael Patrick McCarthy charged with murder

- Rachelle D. Bond charged as accessory after the fact

- "You will hear a more descriptive account of what happened to Bella in court on Monday" referring to COD

- “There is confidence that what he did to her stomach area resulted in her loss of life,” the official said.

Are Bella's ears peirced? I don't see earrings in any of the pictures that I saw of her. Baby Doe had earrings.

I will not be surprised if this story changes over time, or if the charges change.

If she walked in on her significant other assaulting her child (it is claimed she saw him hitting the girl) and instead of getting medical attention for the girl she alerts nobody, the child dies, and she participates in covering up the acts and disposing of the body - how is she not charged with some form of manslaughter or possibly even murder?

I would have to review Massachusetts law but this seems to me that it would rise to at least a charge of manslaughter.

Are Bella's ears peirced? I don't see earrings in any of the pictures that I saw of her. Baby Doe had earrings.

Baby Doe is a computer generated image. Which means any kind of earrings can be drawn on it.
At first they released the image without earrings. Then they added the earrings.

Thank you!! thank you!! for the recap.
oh this just is heartbreaking.

The physical of this mothers latest pic to old ones on facebook is alarming! Drugs do that I suppose.

MOO!!

Our lil Angel Bella --

Today we learned your name, and for that we are thankful to every higher power, LE, volunteers, and concerned persons that cared enough to to make you a priority to find you and give you the respect, love, and and care you never had in your sweet life.

As you sit in the lap of your Maker, no longer hurting, in pain, neglected, or abused, just know you have MANY MANY mothers and fathers, grandparents, and aunts and uncles in this world who do love you and always will, forever. We've worked tirelessly, lost sleep, prayed, begged, despaired, and cried,and so much much more to give you what's rightfully yours.

You have your name now, you have peace, and you have a loving family in Heaven and here on earth. We will always count you as one one of our own. You hold a piece of a heart and you shall always will. With love from your multitude of family members, our sweet girl! [emoji173]️[emoji56]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just saw the headline on Yahoo today with Baby Doe's picture and saying that she'd been identified! I came over here to catch up on the last 48 hours of your posts so that I can see the news as it happened!

Beautiful little Bella :heartluv: I called her Bella in my mind. She looked and felt like a Bella, and as it meant "beautiful" it fit her for a name other than "baby Doe". I had no idea that would turn out to actually *be* her name though.

Such confused feelings...relief at finally knowing her name, joy at those pictures of her, sadness that smiling little girl ended up how she did, and I'm now feeling so much hate and anger towards those 'people' who should have been her protectors but instead caused her end. I watched the birthday video and I can hear it in the 'mother's voice, that she could snap so easily when things weren't absolutely perfect (and 24/7 life with a toddler isn't 'perfect') and see a tentativeness in Bella that she wasn't quite sure if she'd be hugged, screamed at or walloped. She had such a beautiful smile though!

I'm glad she'll now be buried with her name, and I hope there will be justice for what happened to her.

Thank you to the forum owners/mods/members and everyone for this place where I could follow your posts, thoughts, information and everything the past few months, and everyone for showing she was loved even by those who never got the chance to know her in life. The likeness in the composite was amazing, the wispy bangs, the eyes, the chubby cheeks. All the LE people who put in so much work to find out her name, this part of the search must be so hard for them, too, there's a chance for justice and closure, but it can't bring that darling back to life :(

ADMIN NOTE: NO sleuthing bio dad. His Facebook and personal history are OFF LIMITS.

The state Department of Children and Families said it provided services for Bella in 2012 and 2013 when she was an infant following neglect complaints. It did not provide specific details.

Between 2001 and 2006, child welfare authorities terminated Bond's parental rights over two other children, an agency official said. One is in custody of the maternal grandmother; the other was adopted by an unrelated family, the official said.

[video]http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/19/us/boston-baby-doe-charges/index.html?eref=rss_latest[/video]

"Tamera Bond, the aunt of the young girl known as 'Baby Doe' who has now been identified as 2-year-old Bella Bond, says she last young (sic) the girl’s mother in January, Rachelle Bond, during what was supposed to a friendly visit in Garnder....However, Tamera Bond said the pair got into a fight and Rachelle Bond took her daughter and left."
http://www.whdh.com/story/30067825/bella-bonds-aunt-says-mother-was-troubled-angry

So, Rachelle had not seen her own mother for 14 years, and then she'd fallen out with her sister (who, it seems, she had had a good relationship with - I assume neither speak to their mother as she didn't even know about Bella). Then there's bio-dad and his family, again, not on the scene in recent times.

Basically there wasn't one person who was looking out for them, and the friends who have spoken out already were ones she met at some kind of refuge/facility. As I have said before, making people believe Bella had gone into care would have been easy to do, completely believable and even acceptable in the circles these people hung out in.

My original thoughts on this case, was that SOMETHING happened, like SUDC (childhood SIDS), and the mom covered it up because of drug use. I was trying to find something that made sense for no COD or trauma.

And my first guess is pretty much always "drugs," because I have been down that path, myself, and know how crazy the lifestyle and mindsets can be.

I can imagine a really drugged-out parent finding their kid unresponsive, not knowing what happened, thinking the child could have gotten into their drugs, or that one of their shady, druggie friends/partners/relatives in the house did something, and knowing that, no matter what happened, because of the drug use, they're in big trouble.

Unfortunately, seems like most crimes DO involve drugs in someway or another.

I was also thinking that the hair and eyebrows were a little different, in the composite, but it had been almost a year, since most of those photos were taken. Bella probably got taller, thinner, and looked more grown-up, like the composite. Her ears might have been pierced AFTER 2014 too.

But it's still sad that no one made the call sooner. Sounds like no one was surprised that DCF "took Bella," which means they knew the mom was ****ed up and probably shouldn't have had the kid. If that's the case, someone should have actually called DCF again.

Just thinking of Mikaeel Kular, he was 3. His 'mother' beat him in the stomach because he was unwell. His COD was peritonitis. She dumped him in a suitcase in some woods. He died in agony :( Could you die from peritonitis without signs of bruising and internal bleeding?

Just thinking of Mikaeel Kular, he was 3. His 'mother' beat him in the stomach because he was unwell. His COD was peritonitis. She dumped him in a suitcase in some woods. He died in agony :( Could you die from peritonitis without signs of bruising and internal bleeding?

I have thought of little Mikaeel too - his was the case that brought me to Websleuths. I wonder how his evil mother is doing in prison.

Long time lurker... This case has been on my heart... Fly High sweet Bella... Just wanted to make everyone aware, Bella does indeed mean beautiful, and Neveah is Heaven spelled backwards.... Thank you all for caring... Hug and kiss your babies just a little longer today, I know I will.

I think sweet little Bella was beaten in the stomach area, causing damage to her internal organs, I think she died from internal bleeding.

I think that the stomach area is common for abusers to target, usually covered up by clothing.

I just feel absolutely sick about this outcome.

All those "friends" from the shelter saying this seems out of character? A mother, on drugs, with a defenseless baby in her care? That defense strategy goes right out the g!@##nm window. Or what, you don't want to "snitch" and it's "none of your business" how someone else parents? F all of these worthless enablers. A baby's mother, who can't even work to support herself, is in care of a young life, is on drugs, is shacking up with a PSYCHOPATH, and you look a reporter in the eye (after making sure your hair looks good! time to shine, girl!) and say "she always seemed like a good mother?"

NOPE.
NOPE.

SO MANY PEOPLE failed this beautiful baby. I'm crying. I'm just catching up on this story and I'm crying.

But you know what gives me hope? When this story first broke, before Bella had her name back, everyone here was putting in hours upon hours researching missing children, and mothers who had gone missing. Because for you - for all of us here, at least - it's unfathomable that a mother could stand by and let this happen, without dying herself while trying to prevent it.

So. Good for you, Rachelle. Your ONE AND ONLY accomplishment - you defied the odds of basic morality, as established by thousands upon thousands of people who would have preferred you never even got the chance to do so.

Breaks my heart, because I feel like you could call in hundreds of tips about drug addicted "stand by muh man" types who have somehow put themselves in charge of life, and the response would be "Yes, we hear this a lot. We'll look into it."

Please don't let this end in some circus trial with them both blaming each other.

Please.

Just when you think this story can't get anymore heartbreaking and horrific, some new revelation resets the bar.

I also fear a trial which ends up a mess, especially if it turns out that the ME is unable to precisely tie the COD to RB's version of events. How can RB be perceived as a reliable witness? I really don't want to see RB get some Hedda Nussbaum type sweetheart deal for her testimony when in my opinion, she's just as culpable.

Everyone, including me, seems unable to reconcile what appeared to be RB's moments of love and concern for her child with the terrible events disclosed so far. Bella appeared to be well nourished. In fact I think the reason her age was estimated to be older is because she was probably at the upper end of the developmental chart. I think RB "loved" her daughter to a point, just not enough to put Bella's needs and safety above her own selfish needs and wants. That's the story we seem to see played out time and time again in these crimes against children. All MOO and conjecture only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member