MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be right after she was born then. JA posted her birth pic on Aug 8 2012. She looked like a big baby to me.

ETA- If Occupy Boston was the conception time frame, Aug 2012 makes sense as DOB. Also RB's email address is Bella's name with a 12 at the end.

What is occupy boston anyway?

I think parents should get one chance to shape up and that's it. Children are "adoptable" when they are babies or toddlers, but most people who are willing to adopt a child don't want a nine-year old with behavioral problems. So in Bella's case CPS was involved twice. Had there not been a second time, she would have been alive today. There are a lot of people on this board alone who would have adopted her. Heck I am single and not really looking to have kids right now but if the chance was offered to me to adopt that baby, I would seriously consider it.

We as a society ought to be ashamed of ourselves. We do not do right by the Bellas of this world.
This.

SLIGHTLY off-topic, but we are currently pregnant after over a year and a half of trying with two miscarriages. We have a 2.5 year old and would LOVE another child. I had two brothers very close to me in age and loved it. We will probably look into adoption if this pregnancy does not make it, which is a possibility.

I would love another toddler. Two sweet little girls just a few months apart? You wouldn't have to ask me twice. If someone had offered me this baby girl a few months ago I would have taken her, no questions asked. I still would.

Sadly the adoption process in America is complicated and way too expensive. And like you said, we need a new system for these sweet kids. Their parents need ONE chance, and it needs to be easier to adopt a child. SO MANY more would be adopted. It hurts me to think about how flawed the entire system really is.

She was 37 in according to her NAMus profile.

Then she would be in the 50th percentile for her age at death. So that's right. She was about 34 months old at death. 42 inches would make her seem quite tall for her age but 37 inches would be average.

I think Bella's age is right, she was just big for her age. DCF was involved when she was an infant, in August of 2012. Which makes perfect sense. They would be called if RB tested positive for drugs or Bella tested positive. Or if RB was homeless when she gave birth or possibly just because she had previously lost custody of 2 children.

I'm sure a lot more will come out as the police investigate what happened. I don't think MM can plead insanity unless he has an undisclosed mental illness. Being high doesn't give you a free pass.

Still a couple pages behind but wanted to get a couple thoughts in here.

Oh. Interesting about the bath salts. I thought all those stories were true.

I thought heroin just made people feel "good". Like they just sit there chilling out. We know he was using heroin.

I wonder what he took that made him paranoid and hallucinate that there were demons in her? Acid? This is Assuming the story of demons is true.....

I can see where it could be if he was on some crazy drug. I'm wondering so I can tell my teens that this man was on this drug when he punched a 2 year old to death in the belly because there were demons inside of her. Now he will live his miserable life in jail as a baby killer. You see kids, drugs are bad! Yes, I use fear as a tactic sometimes ��

Yes, heroin is a serious downer. Makes people feel "floaty", out of it, many nod off. If you've ever had to take Vicodin or Oxycodone after surgery or something, it'd be along those lines, but stronger. I wouldn't think that in itself would make someone flip out. However, if he was coming down and going into withdrawal and didn't have the means to get anything to ease the dope sickness, he would definitely be more irritable and likely to do something like this. Another idea is that a lot of people mix uppers and downers, so they'll do heroin, then do some coke or meth or something that will agitate them up, then feel too jittery, so do some more heroin, etc... that will mess them up too. So if it is drug related I'd say it was either from using another drug with the heroin (or without it for that matter, just not from the heroin itself) or from going into withdrawal from lack of heroin.

Yeah, I think so... or "rush hell" maybe!

Yes, it's rah-SHELL, many people spell it Rochelle, but my best friend in middle/high school was Rachelle, just like RB.

I didn't quote it but I also have to agree with a few other posts. The poster who said that a court order to not see the child is NOT the only excuse the dad would have to not be in his child's life. I too have known many guys who wanted to be a part of their child's life but were simply denied this, even though they had visitation in order. Sometimes they don't know what they can do. Some can't afford to do anything. Some are dealing with evil vindictive women (these are my known experiences only, I know it can be men doing this to a mother too) and just give up.

My grandfather was married to a woman like this, before my grandmother. She wouldn't let him see the kids. Lied to them. Threw away presents he sent and never told them. This was the 60s and guys didn't have as many rights as they do now. He tried so hard and this b**** turned those kids against them. And my grandpa paid her child support faithfully until they were 18 and her alimony until he died. This was old school and he sent a check every month, not just had money garnished whether he liked it or not. He did what he was supposed to do. Then she had the nerve to sue my grandmother for his pension and insurance when he died.

So anyway, it's possible that there are other reasons he didn't have a relationship with is daughter. RB sounds like she went through men like tissue (and reused them) so who knows what happened there.

The other thing I'm wondering about is the thing with the mom not knowing about Bella. Even if she was estranged from RB, RB's sister still knew Bella, did she never tell the mom about this? Not saying this in any way to berate RB's mom for not reporting this, I just find it hard to believe she didn't even know she existed, when RB was still in touch with some family. IDK. Just a thought.

I'm wondering if they even know his old Bella really was. I think rachelle forgot a bday one year. I'm not kidding.

If Bella was really 42" tall as reported when she was found, then she is way off the growth charts for a 3 year old, let alone a 2.5 year old.

Her height is probably why LE speculated she was 4 years old. Furthermore, She doesn't look like a 2 year old either. I think she might really be 3.5 years old.

She does look older than 2.5 in those pictures and video. Only the birth certificate will know for sure. It should be in the charging documents too and on any autopsy reports if they are ever released.

Well when did Child Services first come to check out Bella? I think it was 2012 so she would have been an infant.

Previous MSM reports CPS involved 8/12 thru 12/12 and again for 3 months in 2013.

RB was arrested in April(?) 2012 for drugs & prostitution -she was probably on probation at or near time of birth. I suspect CPS was opened due to drug issues but RB tested clean for a few months to stay out of jail and get CPS off her back. No more threat of risk to the child - so CPS mandated to close their case. moo

You have made some very astute observations about the video. You are able to identify exactly what your child would and would not appreciate due to his age/developmental stage - RB wasn't viewing the world through her child's eyes. You would not yell at your child and demand appreciation for what "mommy accomplished".

The constant Bella look here, Bella Mommy is wonderful, Bella do this, think that, praise mommy, do it . . . . made my heart race. This child just wakes from a nap and RB is pulling the toddler into this heightened awareness and frantic state. When Bella doesn't respond immediately and exactly how RB wanted it - then she amps up the emotion even more.

Ugh . . . . breathe.

Who's party was that anyway?

MOO

Agree! Also...shooting that baby in the face with the silly string when she's groggy? REALLY? That seemed a little sadistic to me.

Actually while she is smiling with her mouth I think I only saw one photo when the smile reached her eyes. This child looks like she was used to misery if you look at her eyes. Only my own opinion.

Agree! Also...shooting that baby in the face with the silly string when she's groggy? REALLY? That seemed a little sadistic to me.

That is what I thought too. They just assaulted the poor kid with that silly string.

Joseph Amoroso arrived in Boston several weeks back on what he said was a mission to meet his 2 ½-year-old daughter for the first time.

He visited Bella Bond’s home on Maxwell Street in Dorchester twice, he said, only to be told by the girl’s mother, Rachelle Bond, that the girl was on Cape Cod. Her darting eyes told a different story. By the end of last week, after they had spent about 24 hours together, he said she told him the awful truth.

“Our daughter is dead,” Amoroso claimed Bond confessed to him. “The guy that’s been living in my house murdered our daughter.”

~snipped

Full article at link: http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...tml?s_campaign=bostonglobe:socialflow:twitter

I think the fact that she was big for her age is another thing leading people to the conclusion that she was once well cared for and loved. So many times we see kids who are small for their age because of lack of nurturing/feeding/whatever by a neglectful parent, when she looks healthy and is maybe developing ahead of the charts we see it as the opposite.

I am with all who say the party was a little off. Def. more about the mom and what she did than about the girl. And I agree the silly string is just kind of mean, the kid is already confused enough and if that wasn't something she had had done to her before (if she had, and thought it was funny, I could see getting it for her party) it almost seems mean-spirited. At least spray it in the air or something so she can see what it does. I'd assume that'd almost be scary if you weren't familiar with it, especially when you're that young.

Glad to drop in here and see some people had the same impression of that birthday video I did. Made me shudder. It was all about what mommy did, not little Bella's day. It kind of fits in with Rachelle's comment about Bella being a second chance for her. Like the poor little thing was just brought into the world to prove some public points for mom.

Joseph Amoroso arrived in Boston several weeks back on what he said was a mission to meet his 2 ½-year-old daughter for the first time.

He visited Bella Bond’s home on Maxwell Street in Dorchester twice, he said, only to be told by the girl’s mother, Rachelle Bond, that the girl was on Cape Cod. Her darting eyes told a different story. By the end of last week, after they had spent about 24 hours together, he said she told him the awful truth.

“Our daughter is dead,” Amoroso claimed Bond confessed to him. “The guy that’s been living in my house murdered our daughter.”

~snipped

Full interview at link: http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...tml?s_campaign=bostonglobe:socialflow:twitter

So I wonder if this has happened through jealousy of him turning up? Coming back into there life ?

~snipped

Full interview at link: http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...tml?s_campaign=bostonglobe:socialflow:twitter

If that's true, I feel even worse for him. I bet he feels a lot of guilt for not coming for her sooner. I'm still trying to figure out the lies and truths here, not sure what to believe from people who would associate with someone like RB. I feel for him either way, but if this is the truth it just seems that much worse for him.

~snipped

Full article at link: http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...tml?s_campaign=bostonglobe:socialflow:twitter

Jeez. So Dad was told his daughter had been killed as well, and didn't report it? Why isn't he being prosecuted too?

~snipped

""Amoroso said he was sickened by what he’d learned and that he and Bond talked about whether they should go to the police or FBI. They never did. He said Bond sent a text alerting someone else that Bella was dead and that person notified police. However, that assertion could not be confirmed.""

Why was he waiting????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member