Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think the Met ruled out Tannerman despite the witness being unsatisfied?

Or could it be JT and the Met have no official relationship with that website?
The website is the official GM and KM website, so JT and the Met might not have an official relationship with it, but I can’t think why the McCanns would still be asking for help to identify Tannerman if JT and the Met are satisfied he has been found....

I’m not sure it was one of his beloved dogs that were found buried with their heads sticking out. IMO this was just for his fun, the USBs were more likely buried beneath a dog buried properly, not advertising the burial site with a literal ‘headstone’
Yes a headstone of a dog would be silly.
If animals are buried in a shallow grave, the soil can settle around them after a while, thus exposing the animal. Just like when a human is buried, the earth is a large mound to begin with, then settles after a while. Or foxes do have a habit of digging up rotting animals.
Luckily a human is buried deep enough that it doesn't become exposed! :rolleyes:
I don't think it was for fun, but it would be interesting to know whose dog it was.
jmo

Last edited:
If animals are buried in a shallow grave, the soil can settle around them after a while, thus exposing the animal. Just like when a human is buried, the earth is a large mound to begin with, then settles after a while. Or foxes do have a habit of digging up rotting animals.
Luckily a human is buried deep enough that it doesn't become exposed.
I don't think it was for fun, but it would be interesting to know whose dog it was.
jmo
Sorry I meant that the dogs found buried with exposed heads were likely for his fun, not the one buried above the USB sticks

The website is the official GM and KM website, so JT and the Met might not have an official relationship with it, but I can’t think why the McCanns would still be asking for help to identify Tannerman if JT and the Met are satisfied he has been found....

Looks like the MC's think there's still a question mark over Tannerman then.

The Met went on national television and ruled tannerman out - so one can only speculate why the website does not

But I prefer to follow law enforcement

And no mention of Smithman, but maybe because of the connection to GM

Yeah, I really don't understand the logic there. I know it must have been awful for GM to be linked to MS sighting, but GM knows it wasn't him, so why not put the first photo fit up (not the GM lookalike)
Perhaps there's not much traffic to their site any more. Or perhaps LE really don't think Smithman is relevant?

Maybe they just haven't updated it? All that photofit stuff related to the Met's 2013 appeal. If you click on actual 'updates' on that site, there's no mention of anything related to that particular sighting.

If he was still relevant, then surely he'd be a permanent fixture in their updates?

Last edited:
Yeah, I really don't understand the logic there. I know it must have been awful for GM to be linked to MS sighting, but GM knows it wasn't him, so why not put the first photo fit up (not the GM lookalike)
Perhaps there's not much traffic to their site any more. Or perhaps LE really don't think Smithman is relevant?

LE heavily promoted it on crimewatch

one can only speculate why the website didn't follow the Met's thinking

Maybe they just haven't updated it? If you click on actual 'updates' on that site, there's no mention of anything related to that particular sighting. If he was still relevant, then surely he'd be a permanent fixture in their updates?
IMO it’s unlikely that the official website of the McCanns to find their missing daughter is not up to date. They have released their statements re CB on there too.

The Met went on national television and ruled tannerman out - so one can only speculate why the website does not

But I prefer to follow law enforcement
I think we need to bear in mind that there is so much that we don’t know in the public arena. If the McCanns still feel it relevant to identify Tannerman then surely we, with less knowledge, should also consider that he is still to be found

Feck knows ?? with him it could be anything :eek: but it would be poss too high
Lots of cars on the road with tow bars just now, drove behind one earlier, reckon with CB being in to his cars he liked it to be still attached, then kind of sat on it?!

Sorry, was just considering possible positions while stuck at traffic lights :eek:

IMO it’s unlikely that the official website of the McCanns to find their missing daughter is not up to date. They have released their statements re CB on there too.

I know, peanut, but I feel if he was still of significance, he would have a more ongoing prominent profile on that site, which is why I suggested he would be a permanent resident of the 'updates' room, rather than confined to the old 2013 efits that still, to my astonished double-take delight, feature Dustin Hoffman!

Also, since I've looked at this a few times now, that reconstruction photo to the right of the Tannerman photofit is very odd. It looks like he's carrying a small grown adult rather than a barely 4yr old child.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members