Found Deceased MD - Laura Wallen, 31, pregnant, Olney, 3 Sept 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So she sent the text one hour after.. her house to Columbia is not far - about 25 min. So presumably 45 min after she arrived (If she drove to Columbia) 45 min is a lot of time for something to happen..

Here is a map of the area in Columbia, MD to show how close the high school, the apartment where her car was found, and the Columbia Mall where there is a bus stop (may or may not be relevant to this case) where a bus could've been taken to Silver Spring where her phone last pinged.

IMG_1197.jpg

They still haven't identified him as the father, though, right?

I don't mean to victim bash in any way--just throwing something out. Is it possible a student is the father?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would her BF think of that???

I don't mean to victim bash in any way--just throwing something out. Is it possible a student is the father?

I find it interesting the car was found blocks away from her school. What do you all make of that?

I think she intended to go to school, but something happened when she got there. She was either taken, her car left there and her phone stolen and taken to Silver Spring. Or maybe she got to the school and decided she wanted to disappear for awhile, so ditched her car and ended up in Silver Spring or at the metro there to go somewhere else. I really hope she's okay.

I agree about the student quote...odd. I was wondering if it was a typo or something in that article since it has been reported from the jump via her family I believe, that she had the sonogram on the fridge.

It does seem as though the father of the baby or a lover would be the probably suspect if they think she met with foul play.

We still have no info to on the father :/

Just wanted to mention that I searched for Laura's name on the Maryland Judiciary Case Search and it shows that she received a traffic ticket in SILVER SPRING back in May of 2014. So, I'm wondering what the connection to this area is, especially if her phone last pinged there.

Speaking as a local--Silver Spring covers a pretty broad geographic area (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Spring,_Maryland). The place she was stopped for the traffic ticket in 2014 was the intersection of Georgia Ave and the ICC (Intercounty Connector); the ICC is a major toll road.

Did they provide any details on where exactly in SS her phone pinged?

"'She told me about her pregnancy and how tired she was. She hung her sonogram up on the refrigerator and she wouldn’t tell me what she was having, but she was telling me she was excited, and she was ready for another school year,' says former student Saquan Maxwell."
http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/09/08/missing-pregnant-teacher-maryland-license-plate-car/
BBM

So is it safe to assume this former student has been to her home?

According to his FB, it appears he just graduated this past May, so perhaps she threw a graduation party for a group of students ...?

ETA: Laura is listed on his FB "Friends" list.

I don't think it means he was in her home. I think she told him she has the sonogram pic on her fridge.

I'm a bit confused, because at first it sounded like the family got the text and raised the alarm immediately and discovered she was missing. I thought she didn't show up to school the same day she texted.

Now stuff I'm reading is saying the text was Monday morning and then she missed school Tuesday and that is when her dad looked for her at her house and then called police.

If the latter is true, how unnerving could the text have been if they didn't check on her that same day and didn't think anything was suspect enough to go look for her until she missed school the next day?

Can someone clarify which it is?

The text was received Monday morning and police were contacted.

She didn't show up for work on Tuesday which everyone thinks she would have if she'd been able to.

Media used the "missing pregnant teacher didn't show up for school" as a clock-bait headline that is accurate but doesn't really tell the story.

I can't remember which article, but I know I read her car was found in a gated apartment parking lot. Doesn't that mean you would have to have a code or key card to get in?

I can't remember which article, but I know I read her car was found in a gated apartment parking lot. Doesn't that mean you would have to have a code or key card to get in?

Im not sure but one of the articles showed a picture and it didn't look gated to me

The text was received Monday morning and police were contacted.

She didn't show up for work on Tuesday which everyone thinks she would have if she'd been able to.

Media used the "missing pregnant teacher didn't show up for school" as a clock-bait headline that is accurate but doesn't really tell the story.

I don't think this is correct. Every article I've read says the text was Monday, she didn't show up to teach school on Tuesday, and then the police were notified at that point.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/443242313.html

I don't think this is correct. Every article I've read says the text was Monday, she didn't show up to teach school on Tuesday, and then the police were notified at that point.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/443242313.html

The article with the police spokesperson says that the family found her text message "troubling enough to contact police" so I really doubt they waited 24 hours to contact police if they were that disturbed by it. I really think it's misinformation being passed around that she wasn't reported missing until she didn't show up at school on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darla4