MI MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before they went to the still shot they said they would be back at noon.

The ambulance makes me nervous though. Would they bring in an ambulance or a coroner's truck if they found remains? I don't know about the weather there today, but it's hot and humid here. It would be easy for a searcher in long sleeves and long pants to get over-heated.

This is such a conflicting feeling - wanting them to find something yet not wanting them to find what they're now referring to as her remains. Heart breaking.

It's hot and humid here also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no, I have WXYZ on, they're looking in Hines Park in Livonia and seem to have an area in mind. I'm hoping he told them where to look so at least her family could get her back.

They have lots of help today, it looks like - and seem very well organized.

It's crazy, I feel sick to my stomach. I don't even think I'll be able to eat my lunch today. I've followed Dani's story since day one and I feel connected to both her and her family in some odd way. I hope for closure but I ultimately hope for peace for her family which will likely never come after something like this :(

I feel exactly the same.

I'm also amazed at the number of vehicles.

e72aee1630b1eb26c130c009db3598b8.png

So i assume they feel that he disposed of her in his tan and white striped comforter. Sad. Very very sad.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This is heart wrenching. My thoughts and prayers are with Dani's family and friends. I cannot begin to imagine what they are all going through right now.

I wonder if the wife is cooperating with the other info came to light. She would notice luggage missing in the house, comforter missing, etc...
I think someone I that family is finally cooperating

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Wow, I've been at school all day! Thoughts and prayers to all involved!

Would the river along Hines Drive in that area been frozen over in early December? Parts of it are really shallow, if he wanted to submerge a suitcase or trunk I don't think he would be able to. My dog is not a swimmer and on the shorter side and she can walk across it and down it a good ways. It also doesn't flow clearly, there is a lot of debris and logs and sticks that block the flow so if he was hoping a suitcase or trunk would flow away from the scene it wouldn't.

I don't think she is in water. I don't think he is bright enough to plan for her not to be recovered. He sounds very impulsive and opportunistic and only thought a few hours ahead.

In my mind he stowed or dumped her somewhere. The ground was most likely frozen in December and digging a hole would have been very tough.

Now it's just a continuous shot of an unmarked SUV...will the camera angles change?

ETA: I just saw an ambulance turn in.... :(

I have no professional knowledge in this area but I feel like the ambulance could be for any number of things. I would think the medical examiner would need to be there and there would be a lot of things they would need to do before just putting the body in an ambulance and driving away. [emoji20]
I recall when Chelsea Bruck's body was found that it was the ME that came. Especially with it being this many months after she went missing...

Now it's just a continuous shot of an unmarked SUV...will the camera angles change?

ETA: I just saw an ambulance turn in.... :(

I believe it would be protocol to have an ambulance on sight. Over 100 searchers in this heat ambulance needed in case of heat exhaustion , injuries etc... my guess coroners office would have a van on site . Unfortunately it Doesn't sound like an ambulance situation for Danielle.:(

Would the river along Hines Drive in that area been frozen over in early December? Parts of it are really shallow, if he wanted to submerge a suitcase or trunk I don't think he would be able to. My dog is not a swimmer and on the shorter side and she can walk across it and down it a good ways. It also doesn't flow clearly, there is a lot of debris and logs and sticks that block the flow so if he was hoping a suitcase or trunk would flow away from the scene it wouldn't.

I don't think she is in water. I don't think he is bright enough to plan for her not to be recovered. He sounds very impulsive and opportunistic and only thought a few hours ahead.

In my mind he stowed or dumped her somewhere. The ground was most likely frozen in December and digging a hole would have been very tough.

Ok. Not being local, I didn't realize it was more of a stream than anything deeper like a pond, lake, etc.
If it is that shallow, I have to agree with you that she's likely not in there. Thanks for the info.

Next thought: Any possibility the brown and tan striped comforter could be Danielle's? I know that early on they said they didn't think she ever made it into her apartment, but I wonder if they could have changed their thoughts and kept it secret. If not, then someone is very likely talking. How else would they know that the comforter (if Floyd's) was missing? Could they have returned the things taken in the searches, and perhaps EG asked where the comforter was? Therefore they learned that one was missing that they hadn't taken?
Just tossing things around in my head. None of what I'm thinking may even make sense.

It wouldn't be frozen over in early December. It is pretty shallow in spots, but other spots can get 5' deep or more. Just depends on where/what part of the river it is. The current in the Rouge is also very strong in a lot of places, and though unlikely that anything would make it that far, it does lead out to lake Erie.

I would think she would have noticed a long time ago, especially the comforter. It's been 7.5 months.
If he disposed of Danielle in a comforter that belonged to him, then he would have known that it could potentially be connected back to him. If he used his own comforter, it stands to reason that he put Danielle somewhere that he didn't think she would be found, like in a dumpster, the contents of which would end up in a landfill.

I hope they find her today. Going to keep checking back here because you guys are amazing at updates.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The live broadcast hasn't been working for the past 10 minutes or so. I'm getting frustrated!

Maybe he gave her some song and dance about what happened to it and she believed it. Perhaps with his arrest in the jogger case, she has opened her eyes and started to help find this beautiful girl.

<modsnip>

I am leaning in the direction of her cooperating with the investigators. "Tan and brown striped comforter" and "luggage or a trunk": Very specific.

How tragic, all in all.

Another thing I just thought of. Hines Drive has a Christmas Light Festival every year. It looks like last year it was Nov. 17-Dec. 31, with the exception of Christmas Day. A website about it has this info: Enter Wayne County Lightfest at 7651 Merriman Road, Westland, between Warren Road and Ann Arbor Trail. It ends at Warrendale Park, which appears to be to the west, closer to Telegraph (24).
Monday-Thursday: 7:00-10:00 p.m.
Friday-Sunday: 6-10 p.m.
http://www.metroparent.com/daily/fa...wayne-county-lightfest-holiday-light-display/

I also recall seeing a picture on her Instagram of her going through there one year to look at the lights. I used to do it as a kid with my aunts and cousins that lived nearby. I'm not saying her posting a pic about it has any deeper meaning or connection to this, but just mentioning it.

So if anything is found here, was it put there during the light festival times when there were already a lot of people there distracted by the lights? Or after hours?

The Lightfest route starts about 1 - 1.5 miles east of the area they are searching in today. The entrance is off the Merriman Road entrance to Hines Drive and the road is closed starting at 5pm nightly to cars. The area where they are searching is open to road traffic during that time.

Honestly, seems way too lazy to dig. Could have scared someone into doing it for him, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pjd777