MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's VG Kids? The style of the sign is very heavy metal.

View attachment 75658
Looks like a print/screen shop

551509bff6ad93ba5a4c20ee9553db8a.jpg

551509bff6ad93ba5a4c20ee9553db8a.jpg

Like what concert vendors sell? This could be construed as cha cha ching, dmc, great find. Thank you. If you let all the dots connect without holding back...

VERY good point Electric! I was thinking these are all students, but you're right. Not necessarily so! Good catch!

Yes, not all student, but heavily so, due to its location and its being run by a company geared to student housing.

You're good, DMC, identifying that VGKIDS scrawl on the wall!

The rock venue business keeps turning up like the railroad tracks in the Julia and Chelsea cases, doesn't it?

ok - struck gold on this one. Here is a virtual tour of Peninsular Place apartments. You will note when you click on the bedroom, it clearly shows a large window that has (in this example), a clear view of the parking area.

http://tours.imagemaker360.com/Viewer/30.asp?ID=94484

Yes, you did rosefromangels, strike gold, there's the parking lot. Did Trojan1966 describe Julia's bedroom as the one closest to the suites main entrance or at the end of a hall?

Yes, you did rosefromangels, strike gold, there's the parking lot. Did Trojan1966 describe Julia's bedroom as the one closest to the suites main entrance or at the end of a hall?

FHG, see Trojan's post #71; it gives a little more perspective

I want to revisit the date Julia had the Saturday night before she was murdered. He has been cleared by LE, so I'm not revisiting from that perspective. I'm interested in understanding why Julia didn't share this date info with her twin when they had lunch that Saturday. From what has been characterized, that is very unusual. Why?

How was it discovered she had a date that night? Did he come forward, or had Julia finally told her twin when they were texting back and forth that fateful Sunday night when she was murdered?

What was it about this guy (and I know we speculated this upthread), that made Julia not want to talk about him/her date with him? Was there something about him that her family would have "disapproved" of?

I'm not concerned with Julia not disclosing about the date. It could have been spur of the moment or someone she didn't feel would lead to anything; casual friend perhaps. Also, when I was dating I didn't tell my family *unless* it became serious. That's just a personal preference type of thing. I just don't read anything into this, particularly because of the twin relationship. To me this just reveals that it wasn't a big deal in her mind and nothing else. Of course MOO.

O.K., yes. That's the one. (Shivers....)
Professional services? Odd building for professional services right in the middle of an industrial zone.

Perhaps a distribution warehouse type of thing? Drop off point for items coming from that railyard to trucking companies?

Just a thought. I'm not familiar with this building.

It is astounding what information is out there and how people on this thread manage to find it. "Oh, you need a 360 degree pan of the architecture of the crime site? I'm sure that's available."

I clearly remember Trojan's indicating that Julia's room was at the far end of the suite, away from the entrance and that the window looked out over the parking lot. Let me know if you need the citation.

What you just said was what I have been thinking. Or the roommate that came back to "grab stuff" could have told a friend she was leaving for the weekend but to go ahead and go to the apartment for drugs or whatever else. Maybe the roommate was cleared bc it was a friend of hers or in their group. I feel your theory could make sense in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sense from following these cases is it is either someone she knows due to stalking or an abusive relationship of some sort, or a crime of opportunity by a predator. I don't believe it had anything to do with accidental drug stuff or whatever.

I just watched a show that highlighted one of those crime of opportunity cases. This guy randomly killed one young woman who was cleaning a hotel room he wandered past, and then tried to kill another woman who was just walking through a park. He didn't sexually assault them. He just said, "I saw her, followed her and then I attacked." No real reason given: http://www.kulr8.com/story/27322211...trings-our-region-has-seen-to-air-on-dateline
That's a very low bond.
Regardless, good catch on this. Yes, LE should examine any connection carefully.

The bond amount made me think it was a domestic situation. So I clicked on a hyperlink in the article, and to me it kind of appears it was:

Burdette and the victim live in separate apartments at the Peninsular Place apartments located at 1000 N. Huron River Dr. During the arraignment, Burdette was instructed not to have any contact with the victim. He'll be allowed to go to his apartment once to retrieve personal items, but must be accompanied by police.
After that one visit, he is not allowed to return to the apartment complex until the court allows it.http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2014/11/eastern_michigan_university_at_3.html

That makes it less likely, IMO, that the two are connected. But not impossible.

FHG, see Trojan's post #71; it gives a little more perspective

All straight on it now, very obliged to you rosesfromangels, as always and to Forager too.

It is astounding what information is out there and how people on this thread manage to find it. "Oh, you need a 360 degree pan of the architecture of the crime site? I'm sure that's available."

I clearly remember Trojan's indicating that Julia's room was at the far end of the suite, away from the entrance and that the window looked out over the parking lot. Let me know if you need the citation.

This one, marked as VG Kids? Interesting there's a towing truck from Milan parked there too, a printing place in back, two Suite address for the location. The recycle seems to have box fans, not sure what the other boxes are for. There seems to be a camera or/and or sat dish on the roof. There's a number and name on the lease sign too. Yes, it does compell some fixation.

View attachment 75649

View attachment 75651

View attachment 75650

View attachment 75652

View attachment 75653

Believe it or not, once upon a time, Julia had parked her car in the apartment parking lot but in a "No Parking" area. Her car was towed to the lot near that Milan Wrecker in the picture. It was impounded and she had to pay to get it out of the impound lot! So, that's what is near the wrecker in that picture.

Believe it or not, once upon a time, Julia had parked her car in the apartment parking lot but in a "No Parking" area. Her car was towed to the lot near that Milan Wrecker in the picture. It was impounded and she had to pay to get it out of the impound lot! So, that's what is near the wrecker in that picture.

That's fascinating! It's an odd assortment of placements, to say the least. Thank you very much Trojan1966, for sharing this information. You're never confusing, always illuminating pearls.

Spellz, thank you again, for the light you always bring with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skelyatr