MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK folks, what's your opinion about the Ypsilanti Police Department's handling of this case? I am disappointed that there are not periodic public statements about this case being released to the media. By doing such information releases, it will keep the case in the public's thoughts and may result in someone coming forward with even the smallest bit of information that may be the critical info to solve the case. If JT is a POI, then LE should periodically tell the public he continues to be a POI. LE should also state whether or not the rest of the family has been cooperating with solving this murder. Let the public know that they are not cooperating and we may see what the peer pressure from their "supporters" will do. It's hard to imagine them not fully cooperating when it involves the murder of a family member. I truly believe that I will do everything I can do, answer any and all questions and provide as much information as I can to solve this murder. Let me know your thoughts.

OK folks, what's your opinion about the Ypsilanti Police Department's handling of this case? I am disappointed that there are not periodic public statements about this case being released to the media. By doing such information releases, it will keep the case in the public's thoughts and may result in someone coming forward with even the smallest bit of information that may be the critical info to solve the case. If JT is a POI, then LE should periodically tell the public he continues to be a POI. LE should also state whether or not the rest of the family has been cooperating with solving this murder. Let the public know that they are not cooperating and we may see what the peer pressure from their "supporters" will do. It's hard to imagine them not fully cooperating when it involves the murder of a family member. I truly believe that I will do everything I can do, answer any and all questions and provide as much information as I can to solve this murder. Let me know your thoughts.

I think they have a very specific strategy, and know exactly what they are doing. I do have a specific recommendation that I will PM you.

Have you asked LE why they are not doing all of these things you think they should be doing? Did you get answers? If you did, would you please share them with us? I'm very curious to know why as well.

This probably has been brought up before, but ...

Has anyone looked at similarities between Julia's death and the Laura Dickinson murder? Laura was murdered on Dec 13, 2006, almost 6 years.
Orange Taylor was convicted for the murder. His semen was found on the body. His feeble defense was that he entered the room after she was already dead
and masturbated over her body, but claims he didn't kill her. I don't know too many details, but it may be worth going back and looking for similarities.
Obviously, Orange Taylor was not involved Julia's death, and was most likely involved in Laura's. Julia's death could have been a copycat murder. Or it could have been that a second person was involved in Laura's death, who has struck again? Laura was found partially dressed on the floor (lower body undressed), with a pillow over her face. The killer took the her key and locked the door. It is believed that Laura was killed by asphyxiation. So there are some similarities.

Has anyone looked at similarities between Julia's death and the Laura Dickinson murder? Laura was murdered on Dec 13, 2006, almost 6 years.
Orange Taylor was convicted for the murder. His semen was found on the body. His feeble defense was that he entered the room after she was already dead
and masturbated over her body, but claims he didn't kill her. I don't know too many details, but it may be worth going back and looking for similarities.
Obviously, Orange Taylor was not involved Julia's death, and was most likely involved in Laura's. Julia's death could have been a copycat murder. Or it could have been that a second person was involved in Laura's death, who has struck again? Laura was found partially dressed on the floor (lower body undressed), with a pillow over her face. The killer took the her key and locked the door. It is believed that Laura was killed by asphyxiation. So there are some similarities.

Articles about the Dickinson murder at EMU:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Laura_Dickinson

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/campus-cover-up-in-students-murder/

Sippy cup with wine. I got quite a visual on that Dazed. ; )

Yes, and adult would have definitely stood out if they were seen. I'm trying to figure out if they could have gotten access to her apartment without coming in through a building door. It doesn't seem so, but I need Trojan to confirm. If the answer is they couldn't, it definitely gives me more to think about.

Of course an adult could have been furtive, wearing a hooding and moving swiftly. But still, the risk of detection would have been high due to kids up studying for finals all night. Remember those days?

When I was in college, it wasnt unusual to see parents around during the end of finals or end of semesters. They would be there picking up their children, helping pack up and bring home things they might need while home over break, or if not returning to the same place after brake. Many students, although I know its been said that Julia had her own car, do not, and rely on someone from home coming to pick them up. I lived in a situation simular to Julia's my Junior year at school, and truly wouldnt have thought twice about seeing someone "older" coming or going from student areas, especially if it was around the end of semester. If it was the middle of a term, I might give a second glance to someone "older" of parental age around, possibly asking if they were looking for someone in particular or taking note of them being there at least.

VERY good point Electric! I was thinking these are all students, but you're right. Not necessarily so! Good catch!

Good point. Another reason someone "older" than most students, wouldnt really stand out....as they would in student only housing on or off campus!

Some similarities are:

Both had a medical condition that might have something to do with the murder (but in both cases it was ruled out). Julia had the vasovagal syncopy,
and Laura had heart arrhythmia.

In both cases there were no obvious signs of a struggle.

In both cases the perp took the key and locked the room before leaving.

The murders happened a stone-throw from each other.

The murders happened around the same time. One on Dec 13, 2006, the other on Dec 9/10, 2012.Both happened in the night.

Both were asphyxiated (Julia: asphyxiation associated with drowning, Laura: believed to be strangled and/or smotherered)

Both victims were not found in bed. Julia in a bath tub, Laura on the floor (it seems perp had pulled her body off the bed with the sheets)

Both victims were partially dressed when found. Laura: lower body was not clothed. Julia: has not been disclosed by LE.

In both cases some items were taken. In Laura's case the perp took some bag with some valuable stuff in it, but didn't take all valuables. In Julia's case some items were taken but no valuable items as far as we know or has been disclosed. In Laura's case I believe the perp took the victims panties. I wonder if any clothing items were taken from Julia.

Does anyone recall that there was another female student that was poisoned or who had tried to be poisoned not long before Julia's death, sometime around when she tweeted that message about "trust no one"? I dont have the time today, but plan to go back and look for the link or info in regaurds to the poisoning when I can, if no one else recalls it. I know someone mentioned they were suprised at the number of crimes committed by females in the area, and I know there have been NUMEROUS cases of females killing other female roomates, classmates and supposed "friends"for reasons such as jealousy for LOTS of readons, group presser, rage and even unexplained reasons. Besides the roomate that she was once close to, then it was reported had a falling out with over drugs, are there any other females that anyone can think of that might have had a motivation (in their mind) to kill Julia? Somethings such as *To keep her quiet? *Competetive reasons, grades, job, team of any kind? Could someone have been upset about her date Saturday night? An ex-girlfriend or a wife? *Over a boy, that liked her or she was interested in? How many bf's or close male friends, did Julia have in the past year? *Jealous of her popularity? *Did Julia dress really nicely, prefer only expensive name brand clothing, shoes, jewelry and bags, or did she not really care about things lime name brands? Im not sure if anyone can answer all of these questions, but even a couple might be helpful.

Does anyone recall that there was another female student that was poisoned or who had tried to be poisoned not long before Julia's death, sometime around when she tweeted that message about "trust no one"? I dont have the time today, but plan to go back and look for the link or info in regaurds to the poisoning when I can, if no one else recalls it. I know someone mentioned they were suprised at the number of crimes committed by females in the area, and I know there have been NUMEROUS cases of females killing other female roomates, classmates and supposed "friends"for reasons such as jealousy for LOTS of readons, group presser, rage and even unexplained reasons. Besides the roomate that she was once close to, then it was reported had a falling out with over drugs, are there any other females that anyone can think of that might have had a motivation (in their mind) to kill Julia? Somethings such as *To keep her quiet? *Competetive reasons, grades, job, team of any kind? Could someone have been upset about her date Saturday night? An ex-girlfriend or a wife? *Over a boy, that liked her or she was interested in? How many bf's or close male friends, did Julia have in the past year? *Jealous of her popularity? *Did Julia dress really nicely, prefer only expensive name brand clothing, shoes, jewelry and bags, or did she not really care about things lime name brands? Im not sure if anyone can answer all of these questions, but even a couple might be helpful.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/12/mich-student-accused-of-poisoning-mean-roommate/
http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2012/12/police_central_michigan_studen.html

This was in the news just before Julia died. This could have given someone an idea. If Julia was poisoned, it probably was not bleach. It would have been something that would stop breathing or making breathing more shallow so that asphyxiation may follow. Perhaps it wasn't enough to kill, hence the drowning. Earlier in the thread I posted a case in Canada where someone was poisoned with an overdose of codeine, I believe. This could lead to asphyxiation.

Julia's tox results came back inconclusive, correct? To me this DOES NOT SAY that there was deff NOT ANYTHING in her system. What do others think?

Julia's tox results came back inconclusive, correct? To me this DOES NOT SAY that there was deff NOT ANYTHING in her system. What do others think?

News Media Release
***UPDATE***
JULIA NISWENDER HOMICIDE INVESTIGATION
Date: 01/29/2013

<snipped>

The Ypsilanti Police Department has received the Medical Examiner’s Final
Autopsy Report. The manner of death is Homicide. Toxicology test results have
yielded no conclusive information.

Read more: http://www.emich.edu/investigation/documents/ypsilanti_police_update4.pdf

The section that I've bolded above sounds wrong to me. Can you support it? I'm sure that there are some cases to cite, but I have to believe that the are rare as hens' teeth and represent a tiny fraction of murders overall.

The tox report was inconclusive, but it is not clear what it is inconclusive about. So I agree with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The section that I've bolded above sounds wrong to me. Can you support it? I'm sure that there are some cases to cite, but I have to believe that the are rare as hens' teeth and represent a tiny fraction of murders overall.

I can find and site cases for you if you'd like, but really my point was that it doesnt have to be a MALE perp that killed her. Yes, there are many more cases of Males killing females, but, there are also numerous cases of Females killing other females. I'll find more specific numbers as soon as I have more time.

The tox report was inconclusive, but it is not clear what it is inconclusive about. So I agree with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tox screen may have been inconclusive at the time the article was written (about a month after her death). The samples may have subsequently been sent out for more detailed testing at a specialty lab and those results are not being shared with the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth