MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted: 10:21 PM Dec 3, 2010

Police will use next few days to decide on their next move

Hundreds of searchers combed the southern Michigan and northern Ohio countryside again Friday for three young brothers last seen at their father's home on Thanksgiving. With the search ending unsuccessfully, authorities prepared to use the weekend to determine what else should be done to find the boys.

more here

http://www.wilx.com/news/headlines/Search_for_Skelton_Boys_Called_Off_for_Weekend_111303239.html

I wish I could believe these children are alive, but I don't. I think he would have told LE where they were by now, or at least given them some specific info to prove he had not killed them, instead of saying that he had.

I don't think any parent would even be able to say the words, that he killed his children, if it was not true.

bilde

In a photo taken from a family album, the Skelton boys open a Guitar Hero present received last Christmas.

http://toledoblade.com/article/20101203/NEWS16/12030304

AMW link mentioned above says "Authorities are asking for the public's help in the case, especially when it comes to locating a dark blue 2000 Dodge Caravan, which officials believe the Skelton boys may be traveling in."

Hasn't it been established that this IS JS's van and the police already have it ??

then the article mention about the silver van again, that JS may have dropped them off to ( with the Joann Taylor person)

Did anyone at Morenci PD proffread this? Or is it something AMW wrote?? Not very accurate IMHO

Too, I wonder if they have looked into this game playing stuff?

And about darn time his parents get up there..maybe they can talk sense into him!

The Skelton Boys were excited to decorate the Wakefield Park with the Christmas Lights.....now the organizer that spoke with the boys about it 2 weeks ago, has lit the park to

"Light the Way Home". :(

There is footage in this video of theSt. Joseph's River LE has been focused on in the last 2 days (runs by the Campground), also, and new footage of John Skelton being wheeled into jail in a wheelchair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoKkq33zYgY

No idea what the tattoo on JS's back is.... but I do not see any significant ligature marks on his neck from a failed attempt a hanging... Anyone got a good photo of his ankle??? :innocent:

I read a page back about how they wheeled him into court in suicide garb, and how that's a good thing, because it strips him of his control. I feel that's a bad thing, as it will make him more likely to cling to the little bit of control he does have...being the only one that knows where the boys are. i don't care if they serve him steak and let him wear Armani to court, if he would just give up the location.

Has it been confirmed that his parents have finally arrived? I can't get the links to load right.

"Skelton told police that all three boys were taken by Joann Taylor, with whom he maintained an online relationship after their initial roadside meeting. Taylor picked the boys up from their father's home and took them away in a silver or white minivan, Skelton said.

snipped from-
From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20101127...n-abducted--in--extreme-danger-#ixzz1777avfSF

BBM- according to this they met on the roadside- I think I read elsewhere it was car trouble, and they stayed in contact///
of course this IS JS saying this...so take it for what it is worth

Did LE ever say if they had questioned neighbors as to a white or silver van seen in the area? Wonder if any of the interestate/toll cameras show one?

I read a page back about how they wheeled him into court in suicide garb, and how that's a good thing, because it strips him of his control. I feel that's a bad thing, as it will make him more likely to cling to the little bit of control he does have...being the only one that knows where the boys are. i don't care if they serve him steak and let him wear Armani to court, if he would just give up the location.

Has it been confirmed that his parents have finally arrived? I can't get the links to load right.

Haven't seen any confirmation that his parents have arrived - still looking.

The boys and their Sunday School:

The Rev. Donna Galloway of Morenci United Methodist Church, the church the Skelton family attends, invited community members to come to the church if they are seeking a quiet place away from the commotion and the media spotlight.

“Sunday, standing and looking out and not seeing them sitting in their little shirts and ties was real difficult,” she said. “But we are a community of faith and we have belief in God and we know that they are being watched over.”

Galloway fondly recalled the boys captaining cardboard boats on a tarp representing the Sea of Gallilee during Vacation Bible School.

The Sunday before Thanksgiving, Galloway said, parishioners were decorating the church at the same time as other community members were stringing lights in Wakefield Park.

“So the boys had to choose which place they were going to be, and they’re boys, so they went outside and decorated the park,” she recalled with a warm smile. “But they did say ‘the church is more important. And Andrew said ‘We’re going to light up this town, between the church and the park.’ ”

The lights in the park will be turned on at a ceremony tonight, Galloway said. There was a brief discussion about whether holding the ceremony would be in poor taste, she said, and her response was “absolutely not.”

“Andrew said we’re going to light up this town with the park and the church,” she said. “So let’s light up this town.”

http://www.hillsdale.net/features/x...search-for-missing-boys-through-snow-and-cold

OK, I thought I would let you guys know about the response I have gotten about the property I was concerned about.
http://www.chrisshannon.danberry.com/property/5279409

I was concerned because it is an abandoned property that used to be a trucking operation and is close to the Ohio turnpike and the search area. It has a septic tank and a well.... both of which would be good places to hide a body. I have contacted the Morenci, MI Police Dept. to look at the area, and the real estate agent listed above. The agent informed me that it is NOT her property. I googled it and found that a different real estate agency is offering the property, so I emailed them and left them my cell phone number. I received a voice mail, and I called them back in person this afternoon. The real estate agency contacted the property owner who had already been out to the property to look around. They real estate agency got permission from the property owner to contact the local sheriff's office. They informed the real estate agent that they had searched the property. I hope that means the septic tank and the well. I feel confident that LE in this case is looking everywhere and taking all tips as possible leads. God bless them all!!! God bless the entire Ohio/Michigan community that is living thru this nightmare!!

Okay, got it ... they are on their way:

Skelton said she last talked to her son on Thanksgiving. Then the next day, Friday, she received a phone call telling her to "sit down" because news was coming that her grandsons were missing.The boys, ages 9, 7, and 5, are close to their dad, she said.

Skelton and her husband will leave soon for a 20-hour trip to Morenci, Mich. They had already planned to go visit their grandsons for Christmas. In fact, Skelton said in tears, she has bought all the boys Christmas presents. She planned to surprise one with his wish, an MP3 player.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=179126

Attachments

• Roxann Skelton.png
    Roxann Skelton.png
    121.5 KB · Views: 13
OK, I thought I would let you guys know about the response I have gotten about the property I was concerned about.
http://www.chrisshannon.danberry.com/property/5279409

They informed the real estate agent that they had searched the property. I hope that means the septic tank and the well. I feel confident that LE in this case is looking everywhere and taking all tips as possible leads. God bless them all!!! God bless the entire Ohio/Michigan community that is living thru this nightmare!!

RSBM: God bless good folks like yourself for not only providing a viable tip but also doing dilligent follow-up. Thanks button just wasn't enough.

Anyone who was driving along the Ohio Turnpike or near Highway 20A between 1:30 p.m. Thanksgiving afternoon and the same time the following day are being asked to report anything they might have seen regarding Skelton's 2000 blue Dodge Caravan, in which he had the boys.

Investigators say the key time is between about 4 a.m. and 7 a.m. on Friday.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/news_article.aspx?storyid=161412

If you have not read this story, please do. This story is about the boys... not the search, or the perp, or anything else. Those boys obviously had a lot of love for each other. You may be left in tears... :hug:

Reading that just broke my heart. There was/is obviously a lot of love in that family. And these boys truly loved each other, and were loved (IMHO). I can't help but think the bio-dad had a breakdown and did something to them to avoid not having to deal with unemployment, Divorce, Thanksgiving, Christmas. He really needs to come clean about what happened, and I pray the grandparents (who seem quite loving as well) can get it out of him.

MOO

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members