Michelle Young, Pregnant Mom, Murdered NC Part 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BarnGoddess said:
The really big clue will be who took out the policy on MY. If he is the only one who purchased the policy and she had no clue about it, then it tells me he planned it. If she has one on him, taken out at the same time, it still doesn't absolve him. He could have suggested insurance. I could take a policy out on Raisin Charlie if I wanted to. Double indemnity if he gets trampled by a horse. Employers take out policies on key personnel and sometimes never cancel them when they leave a company. Then when they die they get paid, even years later.

this is how the article states this....

---was covered by a $1 million insurance policy that her husband took out three months before her murder and that made him the beneficiary."

close_enough said:

---was covered by a $1 million insurance policy that her husband took out three months before her murder and that made him the beneficiary."

A prosecutor once said that all criminals are stupid. Even though at first I thought this was a rather clever crime, I think that if Jason did this, he is stupid.

Actually, that's one point in the direction of sociopath: thinks he is smarter than everyone else. Anyone that plans a murder 3 months in advance, starting with a huge life insurance policy one month after learning that their family is expanding, is downright stupid.

close_enough said:

I'm not sure People magazine is a reliable source. I'm taking the wait and see approach as to when that insurance policy was taken out. I think it was recently, but I'm not yet convinced it was 3 months ago.

Scout said:
I'm not sure People magazine is a reliable source. I'm taking the wait and see approach as to when that insurance policy was taken out. I think it was recently, but I'm not yet convinced it was 3 months ago.

IMHO, even if it was a year ago, there was that one car accident whereby it's being said Michelle didn't have on her seatbelt because she was reaching into the back seat for something. She wasn't injurred but she lost the baby. Then she gets pregnant again and is murdered in her own home by a mysterious stranger. :rolleyes:

The one thing is, we know JY had a million or TWO MILLION reasons for Michelle to have a fatal 'accident.'

JMHO
fran

Bee Charmer said:
Boy, do I agree with your statement about
coincidences Fran. That's why I think that JY taking their
car down that 100 foot embankment is very suspicious.

I tell ya Bee Charmer, I honestly believe that accident was NO accident.

JMHO of course,
fran

Hi agree Frannie about that accident. Now I'm ready for some facts. Goin' crazy for the few things we are learning.

Maybe next week? :rolleyes: Scandi

Fox news covered the case again tonight. Fox reinterated that Jason was the POI in the case and also said that there was blood found on/in the car. They also stated that Jason still isn't cooperating with LE.
How can Jason be allowed to walk the streets?

3 months ago he began an "intense affair"-that's how Kimberely Newsom described it tonight.
3 months ago he took out a million bucks worth of life ins.
His wife was pregnant and found brutally murdered.
Blood was found on the car.
Jason was conviently out of town.
He mysteriously has his SIL go to the house for what???? To discover the body?

LE needs to arrest this guy now.

philamena said:
Fox news covered the case again tonight. Fox reinterated that Jason was the POI in the case and also said that there was blood found on/in the car. They also stated that Jason still isn't cooperating with LE.
How can Jason be allowed to walk the streets?

3 months ago he began an "intense affair"-that's how Kimberely Newsom described it tonight.
3 months ago he took out a million bucks worth of life ins.
His wife was pregnant and found brutally murdered.
Blood was found on the car.
Jason was conviently out of town.
He mysteriously has his SIL go to the house for what???? To discover the body?

LE needs to arrest this guy now.

Aaah! I read this would be on Fox on another site about Shawn Hornbeck! Thanks for posting, philamena.

Yep, WHYYYYY is he still on the streets? What little detail is outstanding that's deterring LE? Questions, questions questions! Also wondering why the media are letting this one sink? I'd have thought Nancy at last would be camped outside someone's house to keep it in the spotlight.

He's still loose because he's kept his
mouth shut, so the police haven't been able to
catch him in any deceptive statements and because
imo, they have not been able to conclusively link
him to the actual murder. Yet.

I saw (correction, "heard") something about this case on the Line-up w/Kimberly G last night. Just heard bits and pieces but there was nothing new to report.

All indications most of us are on the right track here w/who-done-it...and it wasn't the butler. ;)

I just posted this on the "media links" thread:
------
I think their headline is a little misleading! There isn't much in this article that we haven't already read. Local perspective since this is where Meredith Fisher owned a home:

http://www.fuquay-varinaindependent...er%20update.txt

Murder investigation leads to Fuquay-Varina​

Friday, January 12, 2007 4:25 PM EST

In early November a pregnant mother was found beaten to death in her south Raleigh home. Over two months after her body was discovered no arrests have been made in the case, but Wake County Sheriff's Deputies have entered into the Fuquay-Varina community to collect evidence. (more at link)​

Taximom said:
I saw (correction, "heard") something about this case on the Line-up w/Kimberly G last night. Just heard bits and pieces but there was nothing new to report.

All indications most of us are on the right track here w/who-done-it...and it wasn't the butler. ;)
I caught that last night. I was disappointed that they didn't go into depth though. I think with the recovery of the two boys, they didn't have time enough. I wonder if even the little bit we heard was due to the People Magazine article being out there.

Insurance question. Help please.....

I can't find the link to what was found in the SUV. I know they mentioned some papers, etc. Could the 1-2 million pollicy been in the SUV? Could that indicate that MY knew nothing about the policy? Is it legal in NC to take out a policy on someone without their knowledge. If not, could her signature have been forged?

Just ramble thoughts on this.

Hi y'all - I am an old reader and a new poster to this board. Anyway, in TN and VA, you have to have the witnessed signature of the Insured to take out a policy on them. If the Insured is a minor, you have to have the signature of the child's parent or guardian. At least, that was the deal when I was working for an insurance company about 5 years ago.

Of course, it would be relatively easy to get a forged signature. I've seen that done many times. It's probably never checked out...until some dumb jerk murders his wife.

That is really interesting Taximom that as of 2 days ago, almost 2 1/2 months after her murder they are starting to investigate in the Fuquey-Varina area. I don't really believe this, unless they have had a new tip. Somehow I think the Sheriff's office has a lot more on the ball than this!~

Hi Goddess :) We just had a dusting here in Portland + some narly ice in the mornings, but the beach got the brunt of the storm. I lived in Depoe Bay when we had an incredible snow storm around 1989, and it was so weird to look out and see all the big rocks in the ocean covered with snow. Really beautiful. I heard it was 0 degrees in Denver this week, and was sure thinking of you. Now it's Charlie and 3 more inches of ice due to come in with the new storm. Chalk it all up to El Ninyo. At least now I've learned that Global Warming does not affect the daily temp[eratures that we live with, as I always thought it did.

Scandi

Happy New Year to you all. Your all such good detectives.:woohoo:
Just read where Jason has a life ins. policy. You would think these stupid jerks would learn from previous cases that the husband is the first suspect police have. Look at all the stuff Scott Peterson tried to cover up and got caught. You would think these violent husbands would learn from each others mistakes. Sure hope they don't pay him on that policy. Soon he will look like this.:behindbar !!!!!!

Keep up the good work guys.
MT

Melinda Tidwell said:
Happy New Year to you all. Your all such good detectives.:woohoo:
Just read where Jason has a life ins. policy. You would think these stupid jerks would learn from previous cases that the husband is the first suspect police have. Look at all the stuff Scott Peterson tried to cover up and got caught. You would think these violent husbands would learn from each others mistakes. Sure hope they don't pay him on that policy. Soon he will look like this.:behindbar !!!!!!

Keep up the good work guys.
MT

Hi Medlinda, welcome & happy New Year to you too! :)

We had a poster here awhile back knowledgeable about the insurance and she said that monies would not be paid out so long as he's a person of interest or suspect, I believe.

happy2bn10ec said:
Hi y'all - I am an old reader and a new poster to this board. Anyway, in TN and VA, you have to have the witnessed signature of the Insured to take out a policy on them. If the Insured is a minor, you have to have the signature of the child's parent or guardian. At least, that was the deal when I was working for an insurance company about 5 years ago.

Of course, it would be relatively easy to get a forged signature. I've seen that done many times. It's probably never checked out...until some dumb jerk murders his wife.

Welcome aboard. Good to see you again ... and thanks for the insurance info. I don't think that Michelle would have objected to having an insurance policy taken out on her and she would have no reason to suspect that there was anything suspicious about it. The only reason she might have been suspicious is if she thought the car accident was deliberate, but I don't think she thought it was anything other than an accident.

happy2bn10ec said:

Hello Happy2bn10ec !

Post away ! I find this insurance issue interesting but the thing that worries me about it is that it seems to be a very old excuse by LE. LE always uses this towards motive, sometimes it is true, sometimes it is not. The same with financial issues - old and tiresome excuse IMO.

What will sell me on the insurance issue is if there was an increase on Michelle when she was pregnant last spring and then there is another increase during the pregnancy when she was murdered this fall. Not to make light of an insurance policy as being a motive but in a lot of cases, it becomes prosecutorial fodder for suspicion and never really proven. JMO

I agree with you, rc, I think LE is trying to make the insurance policy more of a big deal than it really is. I think if it figures into it at all, it's kind of a side issue; like an added bonus. But I do believe he did it. It just comes down to the same thing that convinced me of SP's guilt in the Laci trial - WHO ELSE would want her dead?

p.s. I think it is so cool that you went and helped out in the search for Ben.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214