Michelle Young, Pregnant Mom, Murdered NC Part 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
happy2bn10ec said:
I agree with you, rc, I think LE is trying to make the insurance policy more of a big deal than it really is. I think if it figures into it at all, it's kind of a side issue; like an added bonus. But I do believe he did it. It just comes down to the same thing that convinced me of SP's guilt in the Laci trial - WHO ELSE would want her dead?

p.s. I think it is so cool that you went and helped out in the search for Ben.
There you go ! Who would want Michelle dead - I'm sure by now LE has figured out if there was anyone who might even remotely want her to be dead. Then there is the issue of who would benefit if she were deceased...always an interesting question and one with multiple answers. I think JY did it as well and I do not believe he will get away with it - JMO.

To your p.s. - yes this search was very cool - it ended extremely well. I wish they all did.

Even in Laci's case she had life insurance but that wasn't the motive. In Michele's case it may play a part but probably isn't the sole reason alone.

Welcome Melinda, I think these guys always reason that they are smarter and will get away with it. Only logical explanation it would seem. If they bothered to consider the consequences to themselves if caught they probably would do things differently. To this day I think SP isn't remorseful for killing Laci he's hung up on the mistakes he made like placing himself at the marina.

Yah! Charlie :woohoo:
ETA: You are one very special man! Glad to know you :)

strach304 said:
Even in Laci's case she had life insurance but that wasn't the motive. In Michele's case it may play a part but probably isn't the sole reason alone.

Welcome Melinda, I think these guys always reason that they are smarter and will get away with it. Only logical explanation it would seem. If they bothered to consider the consequences to themselves if caught they probably would do things differently. To this day I think SP isn't remorseful for killing Laci he's hung up on the mistakes he made like placing himself at the marina.

Yah! Charlie :woohoo:
ETA: You are one very special man! Glad to know you :)
I hope SP has a window facing the bay. I hope it is the only view he has of the world outside of San Quentin. Sick :liar: . JMO

I think Mitch Hults is one very special young man !

happy2bn10ec said:
Hi y'all - I am an old reader and a new poster to this board. Anyway, in TN and VA, you have to have the witnessed signature of the Insured to take out a policy on them. If the Insured is a minor, you have to have the signature of the child's parent or guardian. At least, that was the deal when I was working for an insurance company about 5 years ago.

Of course, it would be relatively easy to get a forged signature. I've seen that done many times. It's probably never checked out...until some dumb jerk murders his wife.
I brought that up before but don't remember getting an answer. I saw some case broadcast on tv where the girlfriend went w/the husband to the insurance agent to get or increase the insurance on the "real" wife. Of course, the wife ended up dead a little while later! lol Hmm wonder who killed the wife? :waitasec: :rolleyes:

I think if Michelle Money did anything like that, she might have fessed up by now. Wasn't she cooperating with LE?

Thanks, taximom and rc. Like I said, I have been reading here for years, I guess since Laci. Finally decided to post! There are lots of very smart people here - I love to read all the new ideas and opinions.

strach304 said:

My memory's gone but what exactly was the life insurance that the Petersons' had? I thought somehow it was attached to the mortgage.

jilly said:
My memory's gone but what exactly was the life insurance that the Petersons' had? I thought somehow it was attached to the mortgage.

They each had a $250K policy, it was one of those that accumulates value over time,..........actually a 'financial planning' type thing. I think they took them out at about the time they purchased their home.

JMHO
fran

PS....although the rumors swirled that MPD said Laci's had just been taken out, I don't think MPD necessarily said it was 'new,' they just didn't comment or correct the reports.......they kept mum about the whole thing.........

fran said:
They each had a $250K policy, it was one of those that accumulates value over time,..........actually a 'financial planning' type thing. I think they took them out at about the time they purchased their home.

JMHO
fran

PS....although the rumors swirled that MPD said Laci's had just been taken out, I don't think MPD necessarily said it was 'new,' they just didn't comment or correct the reports.......they kept mum about the whole thing.........

Oh yes - that refreshs my memory! Thank you! MPD was very good at their job!

Hey RC...

You were in the search party finding Ben? Sorry hon, just catching up after the hoohaa at ctv, lmao.

hugs for a hero :)

Love
Sami
*advertiser censored*

Sami,

No hero here, just trying to help out along with the other folks (ladies and gents) in the CCOM unit. Its what we do, just ride and look.

My hero - Mitch Hults, a very fine young man.

doing my morning 'check' of the forum w/my coffee.....

interesting about the insurance.....about it MIGHT not be the 'real' motive & all that....a million dollars is a lot of money, especially if someone has grown to hate their wife, & IF someone enjoys gambling....(i know, i know, i'm still a little stuck on THAT rumor we heard very early on, but i can't help it..it's just there in the back of my mind)....oh, & then there's a girlfriend to add in the mix.....

i just don't know what to think anymore....i was pretty hopeful for an arrest last week, but i was wrong, so i'm not doing anymore guessing about that......something is preventing LE from arresting JY...something that they can't put their finger on, something that's making this hard to take to a court of law for a conviction......i hope i'm wrong, & they're still waiting on lab reports, etc......

welcome Melinda & Happy.....i must tell you all that i know Happy, & i'm soooooo glad she's decided to join in with us here on this forum:)...she's a sweetie & very smart to boot!!

Hi Close, I think it is the lab they are waiting on. Maybe this week there will be more news.

packerdog said:
Hi Close, I think it is the lab they are waiting on. Maybe this week there will be more news.

well, i hope you're right...i'm just too impatient..don't get me wrong though..i want EVERYTHING to be done right, WHEN an arrest is made, but the waiting bothers me .....

Melinda Tidwell said:
Happy New Year to you all. Your all such good detectives.:woohoo:
Just read where Jason has a life ins. policy. You would think these stupid jerks would learn from previous cases that the husband is the first suspect police have. Look at all the stuff Scott Peterson tried to cover up and got caught. You would think these violent husbands would learn from each others mistakes. Sure hope they don't pay him on that policy. Soon he will look like this.:behindbar !!!!!!

Keep up the good work guys.
MT
Hi Melinda! Just got back here after being gone over the weekend~ yes, Peterson, Entwistle, and all the other "DH". No, they won't pay on the policy as long as the case is under investigation and he's a potential suspect.

Samiya said:
Hey RC...

You were in the search party finding Ben?

hugs for a hero :)

Love
Sami
*advertiser censored*
I definitely agree! Good work raisincharlie! :)

close_enough said:
well, i hope you're right...i'm just too impatient..don't get me wrong though..i want EVERYTHING to be done right, WHEN an arrest is made, but the waiting bothers me .....
This waiting isn't only bothering me - it is making me NUTS!!! I want it done right, too, but after so long it worries me that they really don't have anything.

Are y'all watching LKL? Defense attorneys make me absolutely sick. They are worried about Devlin's health problems while he is incarcerated. Boofreakinghoo...

happy2bn10ec said:
This waiting isn't only bothering me - it is making me NUTS!!! I want it done right, too, but after so long it worries me that they really don't have anything.

Are y'all watching LKL? Defense attorneys make me absolutely sick. They are worried about Devlin's health problems while he is incarcerated. Boofreakinghoo...
Too bad... Why in the world are they worrying over HIS health problems? Yuccccckkkkk!!! I'm with you, happy2bn10ec, defense attornies are sickening. The worry should be for Shawn and for Ben, and how these young boys can recover their selfes and live the rest of their lives in a halfway normal fashion.

VERY thankful the Missouri boys were found and found safely -- their story has just gripped my heart, so definitely do not want this to come across wrong, please know i do not mean anything negative by this -- just betting JY is very thankful something else big grabbed the news cycle right when his People cover came out -- and hoping that people will keep MY and the pursuit of justice for her in the public eye -- and heat on her murderer

Me too Ialy, I'm going :crazy: But I think it is better to wait and have it progress at its own pace. This Sheriff is a good one I think, so we gotta keep the faith, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214