MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad the Wetterling family stayed intact and even strong together in spite of the incalculable loss they suffered. The Guimond family continues to suffer horribly and only the Granddad is able to work the case now. And a few of us. I still operate on a hunch that both cases are linked. I am not alone.

I'm glad the Wetterling family stayed intact and even strong together in spite of the incalculable loss they suffered. The Guimond family continues to suffer horribly and only the Granddad is able to work the case now. And a few of us. I still operate on a hunch that both cases are linked. I am not alone.

The whole thing with Josh makes me furious. i am so glad there are people who are trying to do something.

The thing that is the most upsetting is that it happened at a place that is supposed to have a moral code. That makes it all the more reprehensible to me.

The fBI was called in immediately with Jacob.

Back during Jacob's time, people did not know about the special activities of some priests.

I don't think they were a glimmer in anyone's eye.

The thing that just zings at me is that Gillespie went to the Wetterlings.

That could be a connection.

The thing that just zings at me is that Gillespie went to the Wetterlings.

Do we know if he went there that night? Being this happened on a Sunday, he must have said mass earlier in the day. I'm very curious what, if any, alibi he has for the evening of Oct 22.

Do we know if he went there that night? Being this happened on a Sunday, he must have said mass earlier in the day. I'm very curious what, if any, alibi he has for the evening of Oct 22.

This would be a good concern to share with LE, they want our help.

I believe LE has been told about concerns relating to Jacob's disappearance possibly being tied to someone at the abbey. But to the best of my knowledge, they never pursued establishing alibies etc. I am almost positive given the climate of secrecy at the abbey they would not have cooperated if the sheriff did make inquiries.

I believe LE has been told about concerns relating to Jacob's disappearance possibly being tied to someone at the abbey. But to the best of my knowledge, they never pursued establishing alibies etc. I am almost positive given the climate of secrecy at the abbey they would not have cooperated if the sheriff did make inquiries.

I would say I'm confident that LE has dusted out the abbey in regards to Jacobs disappearance.

I would say I'm confident that LE has dusted out the abbey in regards to Jacobs disappearance.

Reading on behindthepinecurtain, it seems hard to imagine that LE got anywhere with the Abbey.

Do you think LE knew in 89 that so many priests were pedophiles?

Do you think they knew Gillespie is?

I'm sure BW wasn't vetted in any way in 1989 as the university had just given him tenure as a Psychology professor. Whatever they knew about him at that time was definitely guarded in the "secret files." I don't think BW's history of abuse was made known until a student filed a complaint in 2003 about a sexual assault perpetrated by BW in 2002/2003 timeframe. The student demanded to know why the abbey wasn't taking any action. Allegedly the university was reluctant to disclose the complaint due to fears of BW being involved with JG and possibly other cases (JW).

On a separate but related note, I believe Pat Marker, the owner of Behindthepinecurtain, was assaulted by one of the monks in 1989. I'm not sure whether he ever revealed which monk was the perpetrator.

http://host-34.242.54.159.gannett.c...arm-search-not-linked-to-Wetterling-abduction

Posters have been claiming or suggesting that DR only became a POI after the 2010 search of the farm. All of the news reportage from 2010 that I have read suggests otherwise. Sheriff Sanner seems to be making it clear that they found NOTHING. Sure, they are holding some "evidence" back (probably dirt from the digs) in hope that technological advances may yield something in the future.

What LE seems to be saying is that they are not going to "clear" DR. Apparently he has been a POI since 2003 and that isn't going to change just because a few searches come up empty.

What we must consider is that "POI" has no Legal meaning. It only means that LE in "interested" in that person. The decision to "rule out" someone (or label someone a POI) is strictly a discretionary decision of whoever is in charge of the investigation. I have seen situations where POI's were officially "ruled out" in hopes that they might "get careless" and make a mistake. Other times, folks are labeled POI's so that LE can observe their reactions. Often it is just about convincing the public that the investigation is still active.

In practical term, for us, the POI label allows WS users to actively "Sleuth" someone who would be otherwise untouchable. We are in a situation where we can not disclose very pertinent information on one person while we are perfectly free to drag another's reputation through mud solely because of the arbitrary decision of someone in LE to assign or not assign the label POI.

A couple of points I would like to make here.

1. The operative words in 2010 were that LE "named" DR as a POI. He was almost certainly a suspect all along. Consider that LE spent three hours in his bedroom six days after the abduction....

2. When Sanner announced there was no evidence found, that was three months after he had named DR as a POI.

kemo, after what Stearns county did to the Guimond family when Josh went missing (or rather what they didn't do) and how they handled the investigation or lack thereof, I would be convinced that they are probably not handling the case as they should. They didn't have a protocall at the time for what to do when a child went missing, so they were winging it. they called in help, but I have not heard that fbi is still on the case. After what they did to the Guimonds, I don't trust SCLE.

Yes, the FBI is still on the case.

Can you please document where the public knew he was a POI before 2010?

Can you please document him being identified as a POI before 2010?

DR was obviously a POI when the first Search Warrant was obtained. (what was that, 2005?). You do not go to the trouble of getting a warrant or otherwise investigating someone unless they are a POI. You investigate them because you are interested in them. That is what makes them a POI. There is no form to file or other legal action that LE must take to designate someone a POI. My point was directed at those posters who seem to be under the impression that LE must have found SOMETHING in 2010, otherwise they would not have started referring to him POI.

I have no idea if Sheriff Sanner used the term "POI" to refer to DR during a media interview prior to 2010. Its obvious that they were actively investigating him; thereby making him a POI. All 2010 articles i have found point out that although no evidence was found during the 2010 Search, Sanner will still not "Rule Out" DR.

DR was obviously a POI when the first Search Warrant was obtained. (what was that, 2005?). You do not go to the trouble of getting a warrant or otherwise investigating someone unless they are a POI. You investigate them because you are interested in them. That is what makes them a POI. There is no form to file or other legal action that LE must take to designate someone a POI. My point was directed at those posters who seem to be under the impression that LE must have found SOMETHING in 2010, otherwise they would not have started referring to him POI.

I have no idea if Sheriff Sanner used the term "POI" to refer to DR during a media interview prior to 2010. Its obvious that they were actively investigating him; thereby making him a POI. All 2010 articles i have found point out that although no evidence was found during the 2010 Search, Sanner will still not "Rule Out" DR.

The public was unaware of DR until 2010. What the FBI or any other LE knew, know, thinks, was not a topic revealed until 2010 that I know of.

Do you have something that was out there for the public to see before 2010?

I am really confused.

LE has some kind of info that has nothing to do with the search that indicates he was a suspect or a POI ?

The search was only to confirm or strengthen what LE has?

DR's computer was looked at in 2006, but I guess they didn't find anything incriminating. I read the farm was searched in 2010 because new investigators assigned to the case found evidence that had not been examined before. However, even when that was tested, nothing came back to the best of my knowledge.

DR's computer was looked at in 2006, but I guess they didn't find anything incriminating. I read the farm was searched in 2010 because new investigators assigned to the case found evidence that had not been examined before. However, even when that was tested, nothing came back to the best of my knowledge.

When did the info come out that LE had searched his computer?

How did they get a search warrant to search his computer?

LE sure has their secrets.

He is the POI over all the criminals. Strange

Found the info about LE searching DR's computer in 2006 from an article in KSTP.com referenced in the professor's blog. Not sure on what basis LE got a warrant to do that. LE does have a lot of secrets. I'm a little discouraged with the fact that the FBI has been working on the case as well and still there has been precious little progress.

Is the mention because of 2010 or was it mentioned before?

Was DR named if it was mentioned before 2010?

If the FBI is involved, it is hard to imagine a cover up of the Abbey.

I really wonder what the story is on DR and his license.

He says he has been teaching since 78 but the license he has is starting in 89.

I checked my ancient license and it is accurate even being pre computer age.

Strange. 11 missing years?

Do you know how far it is from Jacob's house to the College of St. Benedict?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member