MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if the laws are 'fuzzy', should the officer still be sent to prison for murder, if he interpreted some 'fuzzy' statutes incorrectly?

IMO it's not fuzzy at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM

Here too, same deal. My daughter had to attend during her Sr. year, not because she was disruptive or a 'juvie', but they allowed her to attend because she could go at her own pace because her brother had just been murdered and she could not deal with 'real school'. She didn't like the people in her class and just took the GED and passed. Alternative school isn't a good place for kids who are not disruptive.

An alternative school might offer the only protection available for some kids from bullies at the regular school. But having gone through 3 schools in two yrs., MB wasn't the one needing protection imo. He was likely causing problems elsewhere imo. In that NYT piece last Sunday about his "grappling with problems and promise," MB seemed adrift to me ... and unhappy.

Well we know nothing was broken and he was released. So nothing serious. Now that does not mean that an officer should even been assaulted, But I think that in this case, I need to see some kind of real injury to say he was injured. I keep hearing it but I don't see it.
How do u know it was nothing 'serious' just because he was released? My son had a badly broken nose and was released from the ER. Just sent home to rest and take some meds.

Like I have previously asked...what constitutes "proof" to you.
What will you accept?

I will be happy to accept the officers statement with evidence to back it up. It may seem that I am a Brown supporter but I am not. I am a truth supporter. I want the whole truth to come out and I want the evidence that supports it.
Yes I hold the officer to a higher standard but that is because he is the one in authority, trained to serve and protect.

If MB tried to take this officers gun and DW had shot him at the car in that moment, I would not have any concern and that would be that. But because MB was shot after running away, That bothers me a lot.

How do u know it was nothing 'serious' just because he was released? My son had a badly broken nose and was released from the ER. Just sent home to rest and take some meds.
Because it wasn't. They said there were not broken bones.

Hmmmm...never heard him speak about the strong armed robbery either...

Yes, in a later interview he was asked about that and said he didn't think that was relevant :-) imo

An alternative school might offer the only protection available for some kids from bullies at the regular school. But having gone through 3 schools in two yrs., MB wasn't the one needing protection imo. He was likely causing problems elsewhere imo. In that NYT piece last Sunday about his "grappling with problems and promise," MB seemed adrift to me ... and unhappy.

In fairness, could he have bounced around due to address changes? I dunno.
But it's my understanding he didn't live with either parent and may have bounced from one to the other landing at the grandmothers?

Well we know nothing was broken and he was released. So nothing serious. Now that does not mean that an officer should even been assaulted, But I think that in this case, I need to see some kind of real injury to say he was injured. I keep hearing it but I don't see it.

I don't know nothing was broken. Link please? We know there were undisclosed facial injuries. My husband shattered his ankle during a dirtbike accident and due to extreme swelling he was sent home from the hospital after receiving basic trauma treatment and hard core pain meds and instructed to consult with an ortho surgeon later in the week. The surgeon still was unable to act on the injury but eventually placed plates and pins in the ankle during surgery. That surgery had to wait for ten days for the swelling to go down enough before it could occur.

MOO We have no idea of the extent or extremity either way of OW's injuries based on his release from hospital. To assume there was no serious injury is just as wrong and impossible as assuming there was one. We simply do not know unless his medical records have been released or his treating physicians have commented publicly unbeknownst to me.

Because it wasn't. They said there were not broken bones.

Who is "they"

I've seen it reported both ways... I've seen no retraction from those still claiming their sources state orbital fracture.

I do agree that he was there because of his behavior.

How do we know nothing was broken? They don't put a cast on your face like they would on your arm. What's your definition of a 'real injury'? ANY injury to OW caused by MB is not aceptable. It's called assaulting a police officer.

To me it doesn't even matter what MB's Juvy record shows. What matters is why he was killed. Why did OW make the decision to kill him. Yes his Juvy record may contradict the "gentle giant" persona that was portrayed in the beginning, but so what if it does? I think that is where all the anger towards MB is coming from, the fact that people feel like they were duped in the beginning, but it says nothing about the matter at hand. Fact is we been duped all along IMO.
BBM

Let's say, for purposes of this discussion, MB's parents' atty's ack'mt that
there was a struggle or "major" _ (altercation? something? I forgot his term) in the car,
establishes for you a sufficient basis to believe there was a struggle between MB & OW.

How do we get from there to -----------OW decided to kill him?

How about going from there to-----------OW decided to follow gen LE protocol, when assaulted?
And that protocol involved assessing factors, like size of assailant, etc. and
then taking action - shooting center mass - until threat is neutralized, i.e. assailant no longer a threat?
neutralized is not necessarily killing.

Possible he decided to kill? Yes, possible.
Also possible OW was following approp LE protocol.

JM2cts.

So if the laws are 'fuzzy', should the officer still be sent to prison for murder, if he interpreted some 'fuzzy' statutes incorrectly?

Right, so then I suppose OW, instead of reaching for his sidearm, which MB had already put his hands on, he should not reached for his taser, nor his billy club, but rather his copy of the MO law book, or perhaps contacted his attorney for advice before dealing with the potentially lethal situation in front of him at the time.

So a punch in the face doesn't do anything for ya?

I would never take lightly being punched in the face by a raging almost 300 pound man.
To me, that's serious. Deadly serious. IMO

If in your opinion, he was punched in the face, that's fine. And maybe when medical records are released, what you suspect will be proven to be true. As yet, there is no evidence that anyone here has seen that that is a fact. For now, it is an allegation. We are all entitled to our own opinions, but our opinions do not prove facts. JMO

I don't know nothing was broken. Link please? We know there were undisclosed facial injuries. My husband shattered his ankle during a dirtbike accident and due to extreme swelling he was sent home from the hospital after receiving basic trauma treatment and hard core pain meds and instructed to consult with an ortho surgeon later in the week. The surgeon still was unable to act on the injury but eventually placed plates and pins in the ankle during surgery. That surgery had to wait for ten days for the swelling to go down enough before it could occur.

MOO We have no idea of the extent or extremity either way of OW's injuries based on his release from hospital. To assume there was no serious injury is just as wrong and impossible as assuming there was one. We simply do not know unless his medical records have been released or his treating physicians have commented publicly unbeknownst to me.

"A close friend of Wilson’s told the Daily News he suffered a “fractured orbital eye socket and a fractured jaw.”

"CNN reported that Wilson was treated at a hospital for facial swelling, but not for broken bones."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ferguson-protests-peaceful-night-article-1.1913057

I don't see any injury in the video and don't seem him even acting as if he is trying to show the other officer his injury. I just don't see it yet.

f words and the white man... going to be trouble tonight I think
not scared of no police

Nope not scared of the police at all.

Because of the lawsuit, if LE tries to keep order, the Ferguson Five will become the Ferguson Fifty and they can demand more $$$$$

This case is alllllllll about the benjamins IMO

How do we know nothing was broken? They don't put a cast on your face like they would on your arm. What's your definition of a 'real injury'? ANY injury to OW caused by MB is not aceptable. It's called assaulting a police officer.

It was in the news about a week ago. CNN reported it and also watching CNN with Don Lemon while he was interviewing someone they also said it. I have to go and search again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pey