MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Cady I used to live in St. Louis. It's just like a nightmare, I can't stop watching it.
Why torture yourself? You don't have to watch it! I agree, it's awful. I just don't want to witness it. JMO

True. But I need proof of that. When I get it I can consider it.

OK, if MB did NOT assault the officer and struggle over the gun, resulting in the initial shot, then what happened?

What is the alternative? The only alternative that has been offered is that this officer rolled up on the 'kids', was angry they were in the road, so he tried to pull the big huge muscular one into the car window by the neck,with his left hand, while grabbing his gun with the other hand, then told MB he was going to shoot him. And began shooting, in broad daylight, in front of a few stopped cars who were all watching him.

It is pretty much a choice between these 2 versions of events. And you can not figure out which one seems more probable, given what we know happened 10 minutes prior?

I don't think Browns attorney said anything about a fight for a gun. Just that there was an altercation. Please correct me if I am wrong. And why would the chief lie about an injury? Protecting his own? Or Maybe MB was attacked by OW and the alleged injury was a part of that altercation. Lots of reasonable explanations.

The chief was admittedly just repeating OW's claims, as no forensic tests would be back till after his statements were made. IIRC, he also said the gun went off, but did not describe a struggle for control of the gun. It was also very unclear if he was saying this happened partially or completely in the car.
It was pretty vague, IMHO. Not reading a lot into it, as the Chief had no physical evidence and hadn't spoken to key witnesses yet.

On Thursday, CNN anchor Don Lemon says a source within the Ferguson officer who gunned down Brown did not, in fact, suffer from a fractured eye socket.
“According to a source close to the investigation, the officer, Darren Wilson, did go to the hospital after the altercation and the shooting death of Michael Brown. He did have X-rays done, he had a swollen face, but the X-rays for a broken or torn eye socket came back negative,” Lemon said. “That source says it is not true at all, he did not have a torn eye socket. Unequivocally. He unequivocally denies that.”

http://newpittsburghcourieronline.c...er-darren-wilson-did-not-fracture-eye-socket/

OK, if MB did NOT assault the officer and struggle over the gun, resulting in the initial shot, then what happened?

What is the alternative? The only alternative that has been offered is that this officer rolled up on the 'kids', was angry they were in the road, so he tried to pull the big huge muscular one into the car window by the neck,with his left hand, while grabbing his gun with the other hand, then told MB he was going to shoot him. And began shooting, in broad daylight, in front of a few stopped cars who were all watching him.

It is pretty much a choice between these 2 versions of events. And you can not figure out which one seems more probable, given what we know happened 10 minutes prior?

I think there are a few options but I am not going to make something up. I want to wait and see what the evidence says.

If in your opinion, he was punched in the face, that's fine. And maybe when medical records are released, what you suspect will be proven to be true. As yet, there is no evidence that anyone here has seen that that is a fact. For now, it is an allegation. We are all entitled to our own opinions, but our opinions do not prove facts. JMO

two pages back the links were provided for statements by the LE chief confirming that Officer DW was punched in the face by MB and a struggle over the firearm ensued. It is not opinion. It is what serves as fact in this forum based on official statements of the officer's superior [ETA in MSM]. The extent of his injury from that punch are not known and therefore opinions are being expressed about the extent. It is fact that the punch occurred.

"A close friend of Wilson’s told the Daily News he suffered a “fractured orbital eye socket and a fractured jaw.”

"CNN reported that Wilson was treated at a hospital for facial swelling, but not for broken bones."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ferguson-protests-peaceful-night-article-1.1913057

I don't see any injury in the video and don't seem him even acting as if he is trying to show the other officer his injury. I just don't see it yet.

One Sunday afternoon I was hit in the face by a wiffle bat during a Piñata incident. :doh:

I didnt want to make a big deal about it at the party, since it was an accident and I didn't want the lil neighbor boy to feel bad, it wasn't really his fault

. My friend looked at it and said it didnt look serious. It was just a bit red in the eye socket area. In the middle of the night I went to the bathroom

and could hardly believe what I saw in the mirror. NOTHING WAS BROKEN. But my eye lid was swollen and my skin very bruised under the eye. And it really hurt.

So just because it was not visible 3 minutes after or 30 minutes after, doesnt mean it was not injured.

If in your opinion, he was punched in the face, that's fine. And maybe when medical records are released, what you suspect will be proven to be true. As yet, there is no evidence that anyone here has seen that that is a fact. For now, it is an allegation. We are all entitled to our own opinions, but our opinions do not prove facts. JMO

IMO I consider it a fact ...it came from the chief who further elaborated Wilson was beaten severely enough to almost loose consciousness.
I consider the fact it was stated by law enforcement and the timing of the statement...that it's credible.

Just like I consider the weapon discharged in the vehicle a fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

two pages back the links were provided for statements by the LE chief confirming that Officer DW was punched in the face by MB and a struggle over the firearm ensued. It is not opinion. It is what serves as fact in this forum based on official statements of the officer's superior [ETA in MSM]. The extent of his injury from that punch are not known and therefore opinions are being expressed about the extent. It is fact that the punch occurred.
Im just not so sure. I know that is what the chief said but again that is a second hand accounting from an officer who killed someone. I need more evidence.

Thank you button wasn't enough!

This post is awesome.....

On Thursday, CNN anchor Don Lemon says a source within the Ferguson officer who gunned down Brown did not, in fact, suffer from a fractured eye socket.
“According to a source close to the investigation, the officer, Darren Wilson, did go to the hospital after the altercation and the shooting death of Michael Brown. He did have X-rays done, he had a swollen face, but the X-rays for a broken or torn eye socket came back negative,” Lemon said. “That source says it is not true at all, he did not have a torn eye socket. Unequivocally. He unequivocally denies that.”

http://newpittsburghcourieronline.c...er-darren-wilson-did-not-fracture-eye-socket/

'A source close to the investigation' ? That could be Parks for all we know.

you know my problem with this is the exact same issue I have with reports that there WAS a fracture right? Both the fracture info and the not fracture info are sourced as coming from unnamed sources from inside LE or the investigation. So for me. Here I sit. Both equally possible. Neither a fact at this time. The only fact I have is that the officer was assaulted by a punch to the face by a man much larger than he while he was in or partially seated in his police issue vehicle and that a struggle for the officer's firearm took place. The rest is all still up in the air IMO.

He was a fleeing felon. He got into a fight with a police officer. His attorney admitted that. And the gun went off. His attorney admitted that. I would say that a physical altercation with a police officer is a felony. What degree? No idea. Doesn't matter. Justified.
BBM

Whose atty? Are you referring to Crimp & Parks
MB does not have an atty, AFAIK.
MB's ____ (presumably Mother, maybe Father and/or StepFather) has atty(s), AFAIK.

JM2cts.

Hmmmm...never heard him speak about the strong armed robbery either...

Was DJ not in the QuikTrip video? I recall him stating he met up with MB after the cigar incident.

"A close friend of Wilson’s told the Daily News he suffered a “fractured orbital eye socket and a fractured jaw.”

"CNN reported that Wilson was treated at a hospital for facial swelling, but not for broken bones."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ferguson-protests-peaceful-night-article-1.1913057

I don't see any injury in the video and don't seem him even acting as if he is trying to show the other officer his injury. I just don't see it yet.

OH Jeeze, I hadn't heard about the jaw! If my friends were busy leaking my business to the press, they would ever after NOT be considered to be friends. Be careful who you trust. JMO

A torn eye socket???

Well that's quite different eh?

I'd bet Wilson had a CAT scan as well...
First I even heard mention of a "torn eye socket"

550 KTRS St. Louis ‏@550KTRS 6m
Ferguson police get body cameras after shooting: FERGUSON, Mo. (AP) — Police in the St. Louis suburb where a... http://www.ktrs.com/?p=4574

http://www.ktrs.com/ferguson-police-get-body-cameras-after-shooting/

A private company donated three body cameras after the August 9th shooting death of Michael Brown Junior by Ferguson officer Darren Wilson. Ferguson police recently bought two cameras, and another private company is donating 50 more cameras — enough to provide one camera for each of the city’s 53 officers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pey